Battle Of Retention

By glitter_xxxlicious

Demons, a merciless, atrocious, most despised species inhabiting the Earth, once dominated over humans for ce... More

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘Introduction∘∙⊱⋅•⋅
Prologue
Chapter 1: The ridiculous duties of an earl
Chapter 2: A stroll to the wild side
Chapter 4: I tried, but it didn't work out so whatever
Chapter 5: Being social ft. My embarrassing friends
Chapter 6: I can't believe you've done this, punk
Chapter 7: A so called 'serious' discussion with the king
Chapter 8: Haunted by his past; trying to overcome for the better
Chapter 9: Sudden arrival of their issues
Chapter 10: One who can't control emotions, and one who can't show them
Chapter 11: It's sad when you feel alone in a room full of people
Chapter 12: A tragic past too painful to remember
Chapter 13: I'm taking a break, thank you very much
Chapter 14: Surrounded by fools
Chapter 15: About to invite his own death
Chapter 16: Socialising can be exhausting
Chapter 17: The one with the mentality of a child
Chapter 18: Gaining more foes, day by day
Chapter 19: Creepy felines, shirtless idiots
Chapter 20: THIS IS WAR, PEOPLE
Chapter 21: Partnership is for losers
Chapter 22: A secret left to unveil
Chapter 23: What one deserves
Chapter 24: It's okay to cry sometimes
Chapter 25: A monster can never be good
Chapter 26: The once dominant, now insulted
Chapter 27: An indecisive mission
Chapter 28: To be alive
Chapter 29: The evening
Chapter 30: Exposé
Chapter 31: What a dunce
Chapter 32: Identify revealed
Chapter 33: Noah Desmond is a bad boy and he knows it
Chapter 34: The unimaginable coming to reality
Chapter 35: Angels who do not fight

Chapter 3: Meeting the cause of all her future miseries

397 25 10
By glitter_xxxlicious

Alexandra sped deeper into the woods, not caring about how deep. When she thought it couldn't get any worse, a sharp pain hit her chest as if she had been stabbed. The pain was strong enough to make her lose control of her body and totted her way forward.

"Damn it. Something is definitely wrong over here..." She mumbled, clenching her fist furiously.

Alexandra felt the aura of a Demon was nearby. But it was highly unlikely because there was no particular reason for a Demon to be in the woods or even get involved with all of this. So maybe, she was imagining it, or she was incorrect. It was possible she was wrong because she wasn't used to feeling a Demonic aura nearby for quite a few years.

She approached the river bank where she saw something tremendously shocking in a place like that.There was another dead body lying on the grass, with dried blood scattered all over. It was the corpse of a young woman; her eyes were also gouged out and her head was partially separated from her body, as if she were to be decapitated. Her auburn hair was scattered in multiple places, stained with dried blood; crimson. Her ocean blue eyes were wide open, but her irises held a sudden sadness. Her clothes, a yellow tunic and some black capris, were now bloody. And the smell. The smell was the most disturbing thing Alexandra had sniffed in quite a while. It was a blatant her bowels had been released, and all too soon. Alexandra's head pounded as one question continued to race through her mind: Who could have done this?

The same symbol Alexandra saw previously was carved on the skin of her exposed collarbone. Alexandra looked for a hint or lead to the killer, but found no trace except the symbol she had seen on the previous victim as well. The culprit, or maybe culprits, didn't leave any other trace of their existence to help Alexandra; proving to be incredibly cunning for her.

Alexandra examined the body closely for a while, hoping to find some leads anyhow. Since no-one was present there, she decided to use her Demonic abilities to check whether the woman's soul was already eaten or not. Alexandra touched lifeless woman's hand and it started to glow scarlet. Alexandra was now confident that the corpse's soul was gone-possibly eaten or stolen with the help of one of the most sacred ritual of the Demon world.

"I should inform the police about this murder right now." Alexandra muttered as she turned around.

Alexandra took out her phone and again clicked a picture of the body before leaving. Maybe she might spot something she couldn't spot then. She bolted back to her carriage where she saw the woman they bumped into being comforted by Robin at the side of the rods. Just as he saw Alexandra covered in blood, he became extremely worried and panic overtook his mind.

"Milady! Why is there blood on your clothing? Are you alright? Did something happen?!"

"I am very much alright. I found another dead body in the woods. Inform the Yard. We are to take this woman to town right now."

Robin nodded obediently and helped his mistress get inside the carriage along with the woman. They immediately dashed to the town and to the police station.

Alexandra told the police everything about the new murder discovery in detail and the chief ordered the officers to take a look at the corpse in the nearby riverbank. It turned out that it was the body of a young prostitute, who was related to that woman. Her name was Roselle Markson, age 20. The woman was her older sister, Lyra Markson, age 23. Lyra was completely petrified after the incident. She couldn't say a single word without stuttering since she witnessed her own sister getting slaughtered right in front of her. But for some apparent reason, she couldn't remember who the killer was. It was almost like her memory had been wiped out.

Alexandra ordered Robin to go home before her since it was getting quite late. Robin was slightly unsure about this but now that it was Alexandra's orders, he had no other choice. After all, only some loony would send their driver before themselves. Alexandra accompanied the police and stayed with them for the rest of the evening, assisting them in getting out all the data about the two sisters and their background.

Alexandra usually didn't use her carriage as it would attract more attention towards her, even though she preferred riding carriages. Her old fashioned ways never seemed to leave her even though the world continued to evolve. Since they were already in the busiest part of town, using the carriage didn't seem like a good idea to her. She had told her chauffeur Robin that she was going to come home with one of the police's cars. But in reality she just wanted to fly back home quietly on her own.

Alexandra was walking across an isolated street before she could start flying (she couldn't let anyone notice) when suddenly, she heard loud screaming noises coming from nearby-as if someone was getting beaten up. Again, curiosity lead her towards the scene and then she spotted an old man fighting against a group of muscular men. She later realized that it was a man with beautiful shiny silver hair, supposedly her age, who was fighting those who seemed to be thugs at a first glance.

Alexandra was quite interested and surprised to see how strong and brave he was, fighting an outnumbered group all by himself. To her, he was either incredibly courageous or absolutely stupid. His skin and hair was white as snow, and his eyes were glowing purple under the moonlight. Blood dripped from the corner of his upper lip, but that didn't bother him and neither did the fact he was getting beat up to a pulp.

Though Alexandra didn't really want to bother herself by getting between them in order to avoid any kind of problems for herself. However she overheard what the man uttered and halted immediately.

"How did you know Mr. Robert Conor? You're related to his murder, aren't you all?" The man said, as blood continued to drip from his rose pink lips.

"Shut up! We don't want to share anything with you. Just f**k off, kid!" One thug said.

The boy fought against all the eight armed men by himself. Finally, he couldn't bear it all at once, and his body gave out. But still, it was a surprise that he was able to stand for so long.

"Next time don't mess with us, pretty boy!" The gang leader smirked as he kicked the man one last time in the stomach.

The horribly injured boy was left collapsed on the ground, with vigorous coughs of blood . Alexandra still had her eyes set on the him, but was perfectly interesting in lending a hand. But then again, maybe he knew something about Robert Conor. So she unwillingly forced herself to approach the man and tried to wake him up a few times. But unfortunately he was already knocked unconscious by then. Alexandra scoffed and decided to leave him alone; it probably didn't matter if he knew anything or not.

She was about to walk away but his pain made her stop for some reason; she had no idea why. This was a very unusual thing for her because usually she never felt any kind of sympathy for anyone- not after her ability to feel was taken away anyways. Even when the king assigned her to missions, she never truly pitied anyone she encountered with.

Alexandra forced herself to lend the, practically dying, stranger a hand. She picked him up bridal style, since Demonic powers was like a package and strength was a bonus. Now wasting any more time, she opened her gigantic raven wings flew towards the direction of her house.

Alexandra hid her gigantic wings after reaching the mansion, definitely not willing to let any of her servants know. She called for her servants who were shocked to see such a gorgeous male unconscious with Alexandra. The male's long, pretty eyelashes enhanced his beauty, and his cheeks were so rosy that any girl would be jealous of them.

"Mistress! What happened? Who is this man with you?" Edith asked.

"I found him injured while I was returning. I assume he knows something about a murder case I'm investigating." Alexandra answered coldly.

"Oh, we're glad you're safe, young mistress." All of them sighed in relief.

She ordered them to take him to a room and to call the doctor. Alexandra felt a weird feeling when her skin touched his. It sent shivers down her spine as if she had been electrocuted. It felt rather mysterious and queer even for her. She quickly shoved him away from her and hurried to her room without any hesitations. She put the responsibilities of the man's health on her servants for the time being, just as always.

"I hope this won't cause me any more trouble. I already have two cases to solve. The king is already counting on me..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 829 48
(R17+) With one touch, Nyx Knight can see a person's soul. Good, bad, light, dark or speckled grey. Not only can she witness their deepest essence...
114K 3.8K 70
As a human, I've always wondered what's life after death. It's always there at the back of my mind. Will I ascend to heaven or will I get burnt in he...
390K 15.9K 61
//first place Inkitt winner// DEDICATED TO THE MBR BEAGLES AND ALL ANIMALS BRED, SOLD, TORTURED AND SLAUGHTERED AT THE HANDS OF VIVISECTION!! When th...
1.3K 79 68
re-edited!! We've been told hundreds of times that demons are the bad guys but what happens when it's the angels that are the bad guys? Phoenix spen...