Niffler|| marauders°era

By StrawberryDovey

"You've never met a monster you couldn't love." IN WHICH|| Aviana Scamander's niffler gets set loose ... More

0.0|| s u m m a r y
0.1|| p r o l o g u e
0.3|| c h a p t e r t w o
0.4|| c h a p t e r t h r e e
0.5|| c h a p t e r f o u r
0.6|| c h a p t e r f i v e
0.7|| c h a p t e r s i x

0.2|| c h a p t e r o n e

10K 360 162
By StrawberryDovey

CHAPTER ONE

   "OW REMUS, WHAT was that for?" James whined as he rubbed his arm. Remus John Lupin had just thrown his book at the poor boy for talking too much about a certain Gryffindor beauty.

"That was for talking about Lily for the past hour." Picking up his book, he opens it to the chapter he was last on and continued reading.

"Please." Sirius scoffed as he took a bite from a chocolate frog. "You act as if you're any better."

"Have you seen Aviana today she's soooo pretty! Do you think she did something to her hair? Have you guys ever noticed how her eyes sparkle?" Peter mocked making James and Sirius let out a series of laughter.

"I don't sound like that." Remus said, chucking the book at Peter. He caught it however and decided to throw the book at James.

"You're even reading her father's book." James pointed out, dangling it over the boy's head.

"That has nothing to do with her. I was just... studying." The three boys gave him a look, Remus was always bad at lying when it came to Aviana.

"Reading isn't going to make her like you, Moony." Sirius said. The grey-eyed boy then threw the book out of their compartment and into the aisle. 

"I needed that for school you know."

"Shut up, Moony. I'm trying to share you my wisdom. Now, my child, you actually need too talk to her, in order for her to know you exist!"

"She knows I exist." Remus muttered. "We say 'Hi' to each other in the halls."

"But that isn't enough, is it?" James piped in. "You gotta speak up. Ya, know? Grab her attention. Do something romantic and big. A book isn't going to impress her."

"You'd be surprise, Potter." Turning towards the door they're greeted by the very girl they we're talking about. 

"What are you doing here, Aviana? Not that I don't want you to be here or anything." Smiling at the flustered boy she shows a copy of 'Fantastic Beast And Where To Find Them'.

" Sorry to intrude but I'm just returning this, I'll be out of your hair soon enough." Placing the book down among the the huge pile of sweets, she sends them a quick smile and walks out of the compartment.

"Mate, your staring."

»»»»»»

    "Where we're you, Aviana?" Robin asked once she entered the compartment. 

"Just returning something to a friend." Picking up Pickle from the floor she sits beside Wednesday, who was too busy playing some muggle card game with Auberon, to notice. Wulfric had decided to hang with his girlfriend for the time being, a decision that didn't bother the rest of the Scamander siblings all that much. 

"Ha! I win!" Wednesday screamed as she slammed her final card on the table. Dropping all of his cards in defeat, Auberon lets out a groan.

"You got lucky!"

"No, you just suck." Sticking out her tongue at the boy, she crosses her arm and turn towards her best friend. "How was your summer?"

"Nothing much, we went to America for a few weeks but that's about it. How about you? How was your summer?"

"Boring. Just spent most of my time at home- OW!" The two girl's look down and spot Pickle tugging on Wednesday's anklet. Aviana hadn't notice Pickle slip from her arms, a bad habit she really needed to work on.

"Pickle, stop!" The Niffler simply looked at her sheepishly, letting go of the golden anklet.

"You should really keep a closer eye on Pickle." Wednesday suggested, taking off her anklet and tucking it into her pocket. She wasn't taking any chances. 

"Yeah, but Pickle would never steal anything." Looking at the Niffler, Wednesday swore she saw it smirk.

"Hey, Aviana?" Robin asked timidly, cutting off the two girl's conversation. "Is it true?"

"Is what true?"

"Well, Auberon said that we have to fight a troll and that if we couldn't they'd send us back." Aviana hit a snickering Auberon, but the older boy just didn't stop.

"There's no Troll, Robin." This made the young boy's face lit up. 

"Really? I mean- it's not like I was scared or anything."

"Sure you weren't." Auberon says, munching on a pumpkin pasty. Robin took the treat from his older brother's hand and stuffed it all in his mouth.

"Thief!"

"That was payback." Robin's voice was muffled by the chewed up food, so the three teens didn't understand what he was saying.

"That's gross, Robby." Wednesday says, her voiced laced with disgust. Swallowing the food, Robin just shrugs at her, not caring about his apparent lack of manners.

"So, Robin what house do you think you're going to get?" Aviana asked, wanting to change the subject.

"I don't know, hopefully not Slytherin."

"Hey!"

»»»»»»

    The sorting ceremony ended as quickly as it had began. Aviana couldn't help but feel full when she walked back to Hufflepuff common room. She would be lying if she said she wasn't a little disappointed that Robin hadn't been in her house but she couldn't deny the fact that the boy belonged in Gryffindor. 

"I hope we're room mates this year." Wednesday says beside her. "I really don't want to be rooming with Ebony Hollow, I think she hates me."

"She doesn't hate you, she's just a naturally quiet person." The two girl's tap Helga Hufflepuff on one of barrels and stepped into the common room.

 The Hufflepuff common room never ceased to amaze Aviana. Though they we're found in the basement, it was anything but dark. It resembled a hobbit house, with it's round interior and low-ceilings. The honey-yellow and other earthy colors that plagued the room, gave off a sense of warmth. There are lots of yellow hangings, burnished copper, and overstuffed sofas and armchairs upholstered in yellow and black, and circular windows that provide a vista of "rippling grass and dandelions" (Aviana giggled as she reminiscent the times her and her friends had grabbed the ankles of random passerbys) There was also a large wooden mantle with badger carvings beneath the portrait of Helga Hufflepuff herself. And you couldn't forget about the vast plants that decorated the room, courtesy of Professor Sprout. 

"Hey Wednesday." Aviana asked as they walked up to the cellar and into their dorms. Everything had already been set up. There three other room mates we're also there, Blaire Smith, Anna Parr and Rene Howard. They didn't seem to care about the two girls however, they we're to busy talking about their summer to care.

"Yes?" Wednesday tries to shoo Pickle away from her bed, the small creature had been playing with her watch. Placing it on her wrist, she sticks her tongue out at Pickle, she didn't expect it to do the same back.

"Ever wonder if Professor Sprout had always had her last name as Sprout or did she just change it too Sprout when she found out she got the Herbology teacher position?"

"I don't know, Aviana. Why don't you ask her in the morning? I'm tired." Pushing the Niffler off, she lands face first on her pillows. "Don't forgot to cage that little demon up once you go to bed, okay?"

"Don't worry about it! I won't forget, promise."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

837K 33K 24
"There is one more thing. No matter what happens, you're not allowed to fall in love with me." "Won't be an issue." ... in which james potter tries t...
861K 20.5K 87
Y/n L/n is starting her first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She meets many new friends, but there are 4 people she would call h...
167K 5.4K 31
[give her what no others have gotten and she will give you what others have tried to get] {girl loves boy. boy loves girl. but their too dumb to noti...
1.2K 40 8
A quick story of how The Marauders: James Potter, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, and Peter Pettigrew met. And their first impressions about each other. E...