𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒪𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒾𝓃𝒶𝓁 𝑀𝑜�...

By 1-800baelatargaryen

After Y/n had lost her daughter, she lost her self. Turned off the switch but she needed a change, and that's... More

𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖔𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖎𝖓𝖆𝖑 𝖒𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗
𝖊𝖕𝖎𝖌𝖗𝖆𝖕𝖍
𝖈𝖆𝖘𝖙
𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙
ℝ𝕖𝕓𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕙
𝔸𝕝𝕚𝕧𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕂𝕚𝕔𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘
𝕃𝕚𝕧𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕃𝕖𝕥 𝔻𝕚𝕖

𝔼𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕪 𝕄𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣'𝕤 𝕊𝕠𝕟

281 9 2
By 1-800baelatargaryen

CHAPTER 03; EVERY MOTHER'S SON

Hayley and I were eating on an array of fruit and other breakfast foods when Klaus walked down the stairs to join us.

"So, which restaurant's missing a compelled chef?" Hayley asked.

"And we're only asking because I know you can't cook." I added with a smile. He gave me a playful glare before turning to Hayley confused.

"It's certainly a card I've played in the past, but I had no hand in this..."

"Hmm. Well then, I guess we have Elijah to thank?"

Elijah returned to the compound, joining us as he looked confused as he sees the breakfast spread in front of us.

"This wasn't my doing..." Elijah said trailing off.

Hayley frowned when she saw Elijah.

"Then where did all this come from?" I asked.

Right after I said that, the silver lid on the platter suddenly begins to rattle. Startling not only me, but Hayley and Elijah as well. Klaus looked uneasy before lifting the platter, releasing two Starlings that fly into the air. The three of us reflexively duck down before looking at each other nervous and puzzled.

"What the hell was that?"

Klaus reaches for the invitation and opens it. I walk a few steps over so that I'm next to him and read the note.

Dinner
Your Home
8pm

I quietly gasped.

"An invitation from our mother." Klaus revealed.

I looked at the Mikaelson brothers to see that they were already looking at each other in concern.

Klaus stared at the invitation on the balcony overlooking the French quarter. He turns to head back to his bedroom where Hayley and I are laying on his bed.

"It is times like this where I'm really glad I never knew my mother." Hayley said before sitting up.

"I didn't really spend a lot of my time with my mother...but then again I died at the age of 20." I said.

"We have enough enemies here. And now, the war for our home is to be fought against my own family." Klaus said.

"Your wretched mother and her disciples tried to put a carving knife through both of our babies hearts. We will happily add to the body count." Hayley said signaling the both of us.

"It's only fair, she killed me first." I said sitting up.

Klaus smiled at me before Elijah walked in.

"You both will do no such thing. Esther's a master in the art of possession. We know whose body she currently inhabits. We must decipher her intentions before she finds a new host." Elijah said.

"Well, her last invitation was an assassination attempt on all her children. I think we can assume her intentions are decidedly foul." Klaus said.

Elijah shrugged before talking. "Well, then. We have..." he checked his watch "this afternoon to prepare for the worst."

With those final words, Elijah left. Hayley rolled here eyes making me and Klaus smile.

"The bloom is off the rose, I see." Klaus said before following Elijah out the room. Hayley rolls her eyes in annoyance.

"Shut up." She replied which made me laugh before I sighed flopping back on his bed.

Later on me and Hayley walk into the dining room to see Klaus choosing a wine before dismissing the caterer.

"So I guess letting Oliver live paid off." Hayley said.

"He just informed me your mother has a partner-in-crime...another witch." I informed Klaus.

"Building alliances in her quest to destroy us, I imagine." Klaus said.

Confusion is written clear on Hayley's face. "Why does she hate you so much, Klaus? She had six kids...it's not like she doesn't have the maternal gene."

I look down sad as I remembered my memories from when I was human. I looked up to see that Klaus was overwhelmed by the conversation. He turns away anxiously as he begins to fold napkins on the table.

"One died before I was born."

I looked at him sadly remembering the stories Esther would tell me of their beautiful daughter...Freya.

Hayley looked at Klaus looking slightly guilty. "I didn't know that."

"Years later, my brother Henrik was killed by the werewolves in our village." Klaus continued.

I once again looked down sadly remembering how Klaus ran into the village crying and screaming for Esther as he carried Henrik's dead body in his arms.

"The loss of another child pushed my mother over the edge. So, she used her magic to turn us into immortals. I think that's when she loved us the most. But, it was her undoing. It triggered a sequence of events that led to the reveal of her long-held secret. My birth father was the werewolf whose pack killed my brother. Of course, when Mikael found out, he murdered my real father, and so, my mother lost her lover, too." Klaus finished.

Hayley had a stunned expression. "Wow. No wonder she's crazy. I'm out of my mind having just given away Hope...I can't imagine if she's actually died."

Tears are welled in Klaus' eyes. "You know, my siblings used to tell each other she didn't hate us...she hated herself for what we've become. I think they believed that even after she tried to kill us all."

I sighed as I looked over at Klaus.

"What did you believe?" Hayley quietly asked.

"I don't know. I just knew I wanted her dead." Klaus answered.

We all stare at each other for a long moment.

"Well every good story needs a wicked witch." I said winking at him which a smile to try to cheer him up. "It'll be more satisfying when we melt her."

Klaus looks at me and smiles letting me know he's been reassured. I smile back at him affectionately.

Later on, I got all of us together to update them about our situation.

"Marcel's witch is being held captive in the Quarter." I started.

"Oh perfect, Mother's a step ahead, as usual." Klaus commented.

"Yeah, we know and I hate it." I said before continuing. "Oliver's with her. Hayley's gonna go and get her to do the spell.But, she'll need the necklace."

Elijah now looks worried. "I don't like this once so..."

Hayley cuts him off. "No. You don't get to ignore me for days and then suddenly act like you're concerned, Elijah. Just, for once please, will you trust me that I'll do something and it will get done?"

Elijah looks like he's gonna speak but shuts his mouth. Klaus sighs before pulling the necklace out of his pocket then hands it to Hayley.

"Thank you." Hayley says to Klaus before getting ready to leave but Elijah stops her.

"Wait."

"I don't care..." Hayley interrupted him before he interrupted her.

"No, there's something else. A disciple of Marcel's was instructed to fetch another ingredient. Ask for Gia."

Hayley hesitated before replying. "Okay."

I clear my throat trying to break the ice. "I'll go with you. I'm not ready to see Esther just yet."

Hayley nods before we turned around to leave.

Me and Hayley just arrived at the crypt where Oliver is waiting with Lenore, who is still chained. Gia's stolen python wrapped itself around the hourglass which is nearly filled.

"They worked her over pretty good." Oliver informed.

"We need to get her out of here." I said snapping my fingers and Lenore's chains open.

"Huh? Then what? They'll know that I let her go! Look, you asked me to infiltrate Cassie's coven, I'm not gonna blow my cover for some has-been-hippie-witch!" Oliver said panicking.

Lenore groans, giving Oliver side-eyes, making Oliver look slightly guilty.

"No offense!" He quickly added.

I looked around the mausoleum trying to come up with a plan. "I guess we could always make it look like you got jumped? Tell Cassie that Lenore got rescued by her people?" I suggested.

"Let me guess, you, uh, wanna beat the hell out of me?" Oliver said sarcastically.

Hayley smiled. "Well, I can't say I wouldn't enjoy it!"

"Don't worry. Hayley will go first so it looks like your just getting tossed around. Then I'll go so you look more bloodier. Don't worry we'll go quick, but it's gonna hurt...a lot." I said, doing a Kol Mikaelson inspired smirk.

Oliver laughed weakly, sighing in defeat.

"Ok, just...just not the face, okay?"

Oliver now lays unconscious on the floor, where Lenore is currently checking him over and the hourglass is almost half empty.

"It's gonna be okay, I promise." Hayley reassured.

Confusion is expressed on Lenore's face as she looked at us. "What's your dog in this fight? You two aren't Mikaelsons?"

"I've known them since birth, grew up with them, even had one of their kids. Might as well be one." I said seeing Hayley's hesitant face.

"I sort of am...in spirit."

Lenore looked at me now shocked. "The Original Tribrid, the first Original?" She said before turning to Hayley. "And the werewolf mother?"

"Turned witch-rescuer, apparently. Listen, can we do this spell, or not?" Hayley asked.

"After what that bitch and her lackey did to me? I'll do any spell that you two want!" Lenore said.

"Then let's get a move on shall we." I said.

Lenore walks out of the crypt before me and Hayley follow her.

Minutes later we arrived at her shop and Lenore is now preparing to start the spell. I'm watching Lenore as she sets up her small cauldron before handing her the bag with the python.

"So, will this take long?" Hayley asked.

Lenore scoffed. "You want me to soul brand the resurrected spirit of a thousand year-old witch? It's best I take my time and do it right."

Lenore looked up at us, her face softening into a sympathetic expression. "For what it's worth. I'm sorry. No one should ever have to lose a child."

"No. No one should." Me and Hayley said together as we grabbed each other's hands, before we squeezed to let each other know we'll always be there for each other.

Lenore lit a bundle of sage and wafts it around the room.

"You have the talisman?" Lenore asked.

"Oh." Hayley said before she removed her hand from mine to grab the necklace out of her pocket. She then hands it to Lenore. "So how does this work? You brand Esther with the spell, and then what?" Hayley asked.

Lenore sets the necklace on top of the cauldron so that it laid across it.

"The next time she jumps into a body, she'll be marked with a distinctive symbol on the back of her hand." She pulls the python out of the bag. "This way, you'll always know who she is."

I sighed before Hayley spoke. "We still don't know why she's here. When Esther held you captive, did she give you any idea why she's doing all this?"

Lenore put the python around her neck for a moment before looking at us serious.

"Love!" She replied.

Hayley rolled her eyes before chuckling. "How hard did they hit you?"

Lenore took the python from her neck and held it out in front of her with one hand.

"What besides love can inspire such pain and cruelty? And Esther?" She took the knife with her free hand before slicing it down the length of the snake. She grabbed its insides before squeezing the entrails in her hands, the blood dripping into the cauldron. "Her love is very, very strong."

Me and Hayley look at each other before looking at Lenore, stressed and worried expressed on our face as she continues the soul branding spell.

We watch as she chants. "Aux as ah ça le vous le vous l'inspir non do set."

Minutes later Lenore finished her spell and falls forward, she leans against the cauldron to keep herself from falling. Me and Hayley once again look at each other before looking at her in concern. Lenore comes to and looks around the room confused.

"Are you okay?" Hayley asked.

"Yes." Lenore replied in a daze.

Me and Hayley stood up. "You sure?" I asked.

Lenore summons her strength and stands up straight and looks around the room. "Just getting my bearings..." she said quietly.

When Lenore lifted her hand from the rim of the cauldron, I noticed that on the back on it, it was branded with a shape of a triskelion.

I put my arm in front of Hayley as I took a few steps back making her step back as well. "Hayley." I whispered before motioning to Lenore's hand.

Hayley sees the brand and yelps in horror.

Lenore/Esther looks at her in confusion.

"The mark..." Hayley trailed off.

Esther looked down obviously taking in her new body.

"It's you, isn't it?" Hayley breathlessly said:

I lowered my arm and rose my head confidently before glaring at the witch in front of me. "Esther."

Lenore/Esther smirks amused at us.

My phone rings from my pocket while Lenore/Esther was washing the snake's blood from her hands. I looked at Hayley who was still behind me who looked at Esther anxiously. Esther nods in encouragement

"Go ahead. You can answer it." She said.

I quickly answered the phone and began to speak to Klaus.

"Nik? We're at Lenore's shop..." I said before Lenore/Esther thrusted her arm forward using her magic to kill my phone.

"That'll be enough!" Lenore/Esther said.

I glared at her once more before putting my phone down.

Hayley, scared and angry, glared at Esther.

"They're gonna come for us." Hayley said.

"My darlings, that's been the idea all along."

I stared at the witch slightly confused and a bit worried.

Me and Hayley are still here at the shop waiting for Klaus and Elijah to arrive.

Lenore/Esther looked at Hayley. "It's so lovely to finally meet you. Tell me, do my sons ever acknowledge the good you bring into their lives. After all, it was you who gave them hope."

Me and Hayley looked at each other slightly confused if she meant "Hope" like purpose or her daughter "Hope" before Hayley looked at Esther suspiciously.

Lenore/Esther smiles. "The promise of a child shows us all the possibilities of a future that could be. Children are meant to save us from the worst parts of who we are. A truth that makes my own circumstances all the more tragic, wouldn't you say?"

We both rolled our eyes before Hayley spoke up. "We don't pity you, Esther."

"Or feel bad for you once so ever." I added, partially lying because I recall her telling me of her daughter Freya but if I didn't know about Freya I wouldn't pity her at all.

Esther looked as if she was offended for a moment before shrugging it off. "It's a terrible thing, for a mother to fail her child." Lenore/Esther said.

She sees the starling necklace that was still laying over the cauldron before picking it up to look at it closely.

"As you both well know."

Me and Hayley looked at each quickly once more before looking down looking guilty.

"But now, I offer you freedom. To the both of you. The gift of new bodies. Freedom from being a hybrid and a tribrid."

"Thanks but no thanks. I'm fine with my new body." I replied not interested but Hayley on the other hand did even though she tried to hide it.

"I have the ability to return to you all that you have lost, Hayley, Mackenzie. To make it so that you could have a family of your own. More children of your own. Wouldn't that be nice?" Esther/ Lenore smiled before turning to me. "Y/n or should I call you Mackenize now? How you still remind me of your sister."

Before me or Hayley could respond, we heard the rustling of the beaded curtain that hung over the door behind us to reveal Klaus. We made eye contact before he rushed to me probably because of me and Esther facing each other. He pushes me back, as I'm now next to Hayley.

"I assume you've had the misfortune of speaking to my mother?" Klaus said.

Esther picks up a handful of some powder and throws it towards Klaus, creating a magical barrier to stop him from getting closer to her.

"You hide behind you're spells like a coward!" Klaus said annoyed with her.

"I did not come to wage a war!" Esther/ Lenore responded. She picks up another handful of the powder before throwing it to the side where Elijah, who had tried to get her, had stopped because of the barrier.

"Everything you do is an act of war. If you touch either of them, so help me-" Elijah started but got cut off by Esther/ Lenore.

"Hayley and Mackenzie are free to go. I've spoken my piece, they know why I'm here. I have come to heal our family, Elijah."

"Well, that's a grand sentiment, coming from you." Klaus turned to me. "Go. Now. Both of you." He instructed.

Me and Hayley look at each other before using our vamp speed to head back to the compound.

Everyone was now back at the conpound, all four of us processing what just happened with Esther.

"Of course she used those damn birds to make her offer!" Klaus said.

"Besides the offer of rebirth, what else did she say?" Elijah said cutting him off.

"I don't know, she rambled a lot. She blamed the two of you for what happened to Hope and Tatiana, to me..." Hayley said trailing off before looking to me.

Klaus stopped his pacing to look at us. "Well, I hope neither of you are not thinking of taking her offer."

"Of course not, since when have I ever listened to a Mikaelson." I responded, even though I did consider it, but I couldn't accept it.

Hayley though on the other hand, was feeling guilty and couldn't look at either of the Mikaelson brothers.

"Hayley! I'm talking to you!" Klaus said.

Hayley looked up at overwhelmed and stands up defensively. "What do want me to say, Klaus? I lost my daughter. So yeah, when your mother offers to wipe the slate clean, excuse me if I'm tempted." She said, before turning to Elijah. "By the way, thanks for your help tonight, Elijah. I'm sorry that it takes me being in danger for you to even talk to me." She stormed off.

I sigh. "Hayley." I call before going after her.

We stood in the twin's nursery before looking at the rocking chairs that we last had a moment with our daughters. Feeling the wave of sadness wash over us.

°°°°°°

I am so sorry that I've been unactive on Wattpad and with my books but thats all gonna change. I'm back.

And I hate to ask you guys this but like I work so hard on my books and I know people read them but like you guys never really vote or comment on them and it saddens me. Like other Wattpad authors are going through the same thing and it juat saddens me because I can see in their writing how hard they work. So all I'm asking is if you guys could please let me know what you guys think by commenting and if you enjoy the chapters by voting. Thank you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.5K 2.2K 82
"𝐖𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬...𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐜𝐡𝐚�...
62 0 5
Alex halliwell takes a trip to New Orleans when she discovers the original family one caught her eye the nicklaus mikaelson they had a lot in common...
10.5K 470 29
Danielle Rodriguez has been playing house with her boyfriend, Klaus Mikaelson, and his daughter hope for the past six months. However, the peacefully...
214K 4.7K 58
She's the daughter of the oldest hybrid in the world, Niklaus Mikaelson. Her father is the King of New Orleans, and her mother is the Queen of the w...