Wailing Woman

By CruellaCreature

Mallory Swan was known to have problems. Some say she was born crazy and should be locked up. Other blamed in... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

chapter 3

12.9K 455 186
By CruellaCreature

Mallory skipped to the reception desk , earning odd looks from passing students. She clapped her hands excitedly before slamming them on the desk and bouncing on the spot.

Mrs Cope the receptionist looked at her baffled. Looking at the girl across the desk laugh at her fingers. Wanting her out as soon as possibility she handed her a slip , class schedule and a map of the school. "There you go dear" she said hesitantly.

Mallory smiled , stumbling slightly before throwing the school map over her shoulder. "Where's your sense of adventure" she giggled before blowing her a kiss and walking away.

She still stumbling around the hall. Her morning self medications finally taking effect.

Jasper followed behind her like a lost puppy. Followed by his siblings minus Edward. He watched her slip through the crowd with her slight frame. She looked as if she was away with the fairy's like Bella had said. But it looked as if she didn't have a mean bone in her body. He swerving around the crowd to get closer.

Mallory failing to notice him moving closer and bumped into him. Grabbing his arm so that she didn't fall.

"Sorry darlin' I wasn't lookin were I was goin' " jasper spoke , helping her stand upright again. She looked up and he froze , looking at her doe brown eyes. She face was blank and head tilted to the side as she studied him.

"Your pretty" she said softly , reaching a hand out to touch his hair.

"Thank you ma'am" jasper said amused.

"Like Goldilocks" she smiled dreamily , still running her hand through his hair. He could hear Emmett's booming laugh from nearby at the comparison.

"Would you like me to show you to class little darlin' " he offered his arm politely.

Mallory pulled away with a smile. "Nope " she said playfully before bopping his nose with her finger and skipping away. Leaving behind a stunned Jasper Hale.

******************************

Science was Mallory's first class of the day. Contrary to everyone else he absolutely loved science. She walked into the classroom ten minutes late and sat in the first chair available. Not noticing how the class looked at her and the strictest teacher in the school glared at her as she took her time to unpack her bag and lay bright neon pens and a notebook on the desk. She looked around with a large smile before raising her hand excitedly.

"Nice of you to join us Ms swan" the teacher gritted his teeth. "Shall we get on with the class".

" but I have a question " Mallory said not understanding his sarcasm. "Its very important its why I was late here".

Rosalie hale looked at her brother's mate amused , sharing a look with Alice from beside Mallory.

" and what would that be" he all but growled. Stalking closer to the blonde.

"Who would win in a fight. A flamingo or an ostrich. Personally I vote the flamingo".

*********************************

By Mallory's second class gossip had spread like wildfire throughout the school. Watching her in class was like a free comedy show. Rosalie Hale had actually smiled at her antics.

Another turn of events was the whole school noticing jasper hale follow her like a lost puppy. It was amusing to say the least since whenever she saw him she waved excitedly and yelled out Goldilocks.

Trying to keep her promise to jasper , Rosalie walked around trying to find Mallory. Only something was off.

She had no scent.

************************************

Mallory looked at the man in front of her stunned. He was too busy organizing his locker to notice her staring from beside him.

" Wow" Mallory said loudly , making the beast jump and turn around in fright. He looked at her in surprise.

"You look like the incredible hulk"

"Thank you" Emmett said awkwardly , not knowing how his brother's mate snuck up on him.

"Halloween is gonna be your bitch this year" Mallory awed. " Hulk smash".

"I'm Emmett Cullen" Emmett introduced himself trying not to laugh at his future sister. He could tell she was high already from how wide her pupils were. It didn't help that she smelled like weed either.

"Mallory swan. Do you happen to know where Goldilocks is?" Mallory asked wondering if he knew the man with the pretty hair.

This time Emmett outright laughed at her. The image of jasper as Goldilocks stuck in his head. Students looked at them in shock. A Cullen laughing with a new girl.

"Mal" Emmett sighed putting an arm around her shoulders "you and I are gonna be great friends".

" so you can reach the top shelves for me?".

***********************************

Lunch came by quickly. Emmett had shown her where the school cafeteria was and offered her to sit with his family. Lucky for him she said yes , but only if her opened all the pickle jars she needed in the future.

As soon as she came through the door with the Cullen boy the room turned quiet.

Mallory didn't notice and skipped to the lunch line. She was starting to get the munchies. "I like trees" the sandy blonde said randomly.

"Why would that be" Emmett wondered , helping her keep her balance since she couldn't walk in a straight line.

"I like to climb trees" she answered walking to the Cullen table beside him. "Goldilocks" Mallory said excitedly taking the seat next to him with a smile. "I've been looking for you but then I got distracted".

Jasper hale the biggest smile on his face at the news. The major practically purred at how close she was. " Nice to see you again darlin' ".

"Nice to meet you. I'm Rosalie , jaspers twin " Rosalie said smiling kindly.

Mallory looked up at her confused.

"Who's jasper?".

" Goldilocks " Rosalie sniggers causing the table to erupt in laughs. "Your Bella's sister right. I loved your questions in science class".

"You and me are like flamingos" Mallory said leaning closer as it it were a secret. The blonde looked at her confused. "Pretty , yet viscous when needed".

" Thank you........... I've never been complimented like that before" Rosalie said trying to think if it were a good thing.

"I think the ostrich would win" jasper though aloud , finally joining the conversation.

"Nah , pink feathers are just natures way of being distracting" Mallory argued. It was hard though since she kept getting distracted by everything.
Mainly how soft jaspers hair was.

"So how are you liking Forks" jasper asked his little mate as she started to braid a piece of his hair. He moved away slightly. Hoping his blood lust wouldn't get the better of him. He took in an unneeded breath when she moved closer. Taking in another one in confusion , not being able to smell her. It was like she didn't exist.

"Good. I'm hoping Charlie might let me have a pet bear" Mallory answered softly , tying off the end of the braid. "He said he was helping catch one tomorrow. Hopefully I can keep it".

" you want a pet bear" Emmett asked amused at the eldest swans words. He could tell she was going to be an interesting addition to the family.

"Why" Rosalie asked confused.

"The bear might get lonely. We could be friend". Mallory felt her buzz wearing off. Voices starting to scream at her in her head. She noticeably flinched slightly. Clutching her head in her hands.

HELP US!!

DEMONS!

HELP PLEASE HELP ME".

The voices started screaming all around her. People appearing in from of her covered in blood and begging for help. Mallory could feel a scream building up in her throat. A wave of calm hit here just as she was about to let it out. It felt warm and peaceful. Like being wrapped in a blanket. She could feel herself calming down quickly. The voices were still there but not as loud. She suddenly became aware of Jasper's cold hand on hers.
" Geez jasper you need to start wearing mittens your freezing ".

Rosalie and Emmett laughed at the mental image. Jasper cracking a small smile at her words. " Sorry Mallory " he was just about to reluctantly move his hand away when she grabbed it. Trying to warm his hands." Must be the forks weather".

"Speaking of which , how are you not cold" a voice spoke up from behind her. A tall brunette man and a short pixie like woman sat at the table. "I don't thing its that cold".

" I'm Alice , this is my boyfriend Alec" Alice introduced them. Looking at her brother's mate curious why she can't see her future. It was just black. Finally taking note of the small braid in Jasper's hair.

"New hairstyle buddy" Alec jokes clapping him on the back. "Looking fancy for the ladies?".

" Where's Edward? " Alice asked looking around the table.

"He and Bella are in the library working on a project" Rosalie answered coldly.

"Oh" Alice sighed perking up suddenly. "What class do you have next Mallory".

" history " Mallory said reaching for her bag under the table , looking back up at her with a smile.

"Ooh" Alice clapped excitedly. "Jasper has that too!" She looked at him happily. The Cullen's all understand how jasper wanted to find his mate. Now that it was here they were thrilled for him.

"We should leave now if we want to make it on time" jasper said looking at his watch. Lunch was nearly over.

"Okay" Mallory waved goodbye as they walked and skipped out of the cafeteria.

"I would pay to be in that class next" Emmett laughed. Class with Mallory couldn't possibly be boring.

"You should have seen her in science it was hilarious" Rosalie chuckled along with Alice. "She's going to be an interesting addition to the family. Especially with jasper".

" its funny cuz he's quiet" Emmett laughed. "I can't wait to get home and tell Carlisle and Esme".

***********************************

The pair stepped into the classroom and sat next to each other in the back after Mallory had her slip signed. People whispered all around them at the sight of jasper hale smiling and talking to the new girl. Jasper could feel and hear their comments about Mallory. The lust from the men. Calling her easy and the girls jealousy. He growled protectively. So low that no one could hear it or so he thought.

" down boy , calm" Mallory smiled placing a hand on his arm to calm him down. He jumped at her words. How could she possibly hear him.

They sat by the windows at the back of the room. The breeze making Mallory hair blow gently. It was almost impossible to not want to eat everyone in the room for jasper. They're scents carried across the room. Hearing the hearts beat continuously and the blood rushing in their veins.

He focused on Mallory's hand calming him down. It was like a switch flipped in him. He was calm and for once there wasn't a hunger tormenting him.

They were doing a pop quiz in class. Jasper finished quickly and put his head on the desk. The room was silence except for the sound of pen on paper.

"Who's a pretty baby" Mallory cooed next to him. His head snapped in her direction. Eyes wide and trying not to laugh. "Sooo cute" she said in baby talk.

At the sound of her voice the class turned to look at jasper to see if he was the one she was talking about. Turning their attention to her.

Mallory was cradling a cat in her arms. Wrapping it up in her kimono to keep it warm. Petting its face gently. The sound of purring filled the room.

A few of the girls awed at the cat snuggling into Mallory's chest. For once jasper was jealous of a cat of all things. He reached out with a small smile to pet the cats head gently.

"Miss swan , Mr Hale would you like to inform the class as to where this animal came from" Mr tanner snarled angrily.

"The window" Mallory cooed softly down at the bundle in her arms. I'm calling him Reginald "

"Perhaps the animals could go back out the window then" he was barely controlling his temper.

"I'm not throwing my baby out the window" Mallory said angrily , looking at him as if he were crazy.

Jasper looked back and forth along with the class between his mate and Mr tanner.

He knew one thing for sure. He's life was about to get a lot more interesting with Mallory by his side.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.5K 382 44
She moves from the small town of Mystic Fall to the small town of Forks and just when her cousin Bella moves back to Bella and her mother never liked...
10.6K 192 8
Elina Swan, she used to be happy, fun, giggly, popular, and utterly beautiful. But 2 years ago, it all changed. She turned into a girl who is broken...
9.5K 180 13
Anna is the older twin sister of Bella Swan. When the girls where a few months old their mother took them away with her. What happens when the girls...
240K 5.4K 40
When Elaine Swan's father calls her back to Forks, Washington in desperate need of help, who was she to refuse? Her father rarely called, let alone a...