𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓓𝓮𝓿𝓲𝓵 𝓦𝓲𝓽𝓱𝓲�...

By Avery_Spokeens

Varian is the lucky owner of great friends, and a sweet, caring soon-to-become girlfriend. But after his fath... More

1. Introduction
2. The birth of a demon
3. Meeting
4. Confusion
5. A new plan
6. Getting ready
7. The mission begins
8. Campfire
9. Distant
10. The mist
11. [Everything you need to know:]
12. Mind-fuck
14. Murder
15. Black Mamba
16. Poison and death
17. Betrayal
18. The truth
19. Returning to Corona
20. Prisoners
21. Face to face with Varian
22. The other side [Animation]
23. Convincing?
24. Hope
25. Moon stone
26. Planning
27. Backfired
28. Victory... Somehow
29. The big finale
30. "Forgive and forget"
New story ideas! [VOTE]
MEME CHAPTER <3
New story's out!
FANART!!!

13. Moon dogs

3.9K 163 285
By Avery_Spokeens

NO SPOILERS: But like...Okay... Have you guys seen the new episode?
- I'M SQUEALING

Like I get so many ideas for new stories in the future :) yay! But don't worry, I'll finish this one first.

-Also, I'll try to make the future chapters longer-

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"-Okay, but i found some fluxweed"

You all stood with your backs to one another, everyone looking in different directions. The forest had become really dark, and you weren't lying when you said that it was almost impossible to see only a few meters ahead of you.

You heard a crack coming from the dark, and you gulped. You tightened your grip around Varian's gloved hand and taking a grip of one of your shurikens. The rest of the group seemed to follow your actions, by getting their weapons ready.

And just as you were all ready to fight the creatures luring out there, you saw a blue pair of eyes staring right at you, only a couple feet away. You could see the outline of the creature, due to the weak light of its eyes cast.

"Uhm... guys?" You asked quietly. "There's... In front of me... I think it's a moon dog." You slowly backed away, the group following. Varian let go of your hand, to get an arrow ready on his bow. He aimed it at the figure.

You could feel Andrew coming up next to you, holding his arm up in front of you to protect you.

And then you saw it. The moon-dogs head was so close now, that you could see it clearly in the moonlight. It growled loudly, showing it's many teeth, which were all as sharp as needles. You didn't know why it was called a moon dog. Because from what you could see from here, it's head was as big as a grown-up wolfs. It had dark grey fur and when you looked into those intense blue eyes, which didn't blink, there was no doubt that it was hungry.

And just when you thought the situation couldn't get any worse, three more pair of eyes appeared in the dark behind it. They were all growling too.

"Okay," Cassandra spoke concentrated. "Don't move or make a loud noise-"

"RUUUUUUUUUN!!!" You heard your brother scream as he disappeared into the forest. You didn't get to react before Varian had taken your arm, running right behind the rest of the group.

It felt like your heart had paid a visit no your throat, while you ran for your life along with your friends. Rapunzel was on the back of Cassandra, singing her magic song, so her hair lit up the way. This was indeed helpful as it prevented your from tripping over something.

You had walked the whole days, and your feet were as tired as ever, but you had to keep going. You didn't want to become the moon dogs next meal. You ran so fast at this point that the whole forest around you was a blur.

You didn't wanna look back, you really didn't, but you couldn't help yourself. Without losing speed, you looked back, only to see four moon dogs right behind you. You let out a cry of fear and was about to look forward again when Varian pulled you over to him, making you avoid running into a tree.

"Thanks!" You shouted to the boy running next to you, but he was too concentrated on continuing forward to answer you.

Suddenly you heard a scream from Rapunzel. A moon dog had apparently gripped a lock of her hair in its mouth, and it slowed her and Cassandra down. So much that the dogs almost had them in their reach.

The one moon dog that had her hair in its mouth stopped up, making Rapunzel scream in pain, falling off Cassandra's shoulders. You all stopped up.

"Blondie!" Eugene screamed as he tried to run over to his girlfriend, but another moon dog stopped him from doing so. Now he was on the ground as well, and the moon dogs were soon on top of him and Rapunzel. They struggled, both trying to get the dogs off them, but they were too strong.

"Help!" Rapunzel cried. Andrew and Cassandra reacted immediately, trying to rescue their friends, but the two remaining moon dogs attacked them. Now Andrew, Cass, Raps and your brother were all fighting for their lives on the ground.

This wasn't an illusion. This was real. You had to do something.

panicking you looked at Varian, but he just stared at the scenario in front of him, stone-faced. You guessed he was in shock.

It was up to you then.

And you knew exactly what to do. Even though it was risky.

You raised your left arm in sync as your necklace raised from your neck, both pointing the same way: The moon dogs.

The necklace shined purple, with a light so bright to lit up the forest. You focused on each moon dog who was on top of each of your friends except Varian, who had seemed to "wake up".

"(Y/n) What are you doing!?" He screamed, his arms covering his eyes due to the purple light.

You concentrated as you felt your body shake slightly as the magic streamed through your body, and into your fingertips. It was like you got a huge adrenalin rush. You tried to stay calm and pointed to the moon dogs. You knew what was at risk. You couldn't mess up.

You closed your eyes, groaning in pain as a huge energy ball started forming in front of your fingertips. It released waves of energy balls, and Varian had to stand his ground to not fly away.

And then you made a movement with your arm as if you were throwing an actual ball, sending the energy ball right at the dogs, miraculously without hitting your friends. The dogs were sent flying into the darkness, where they ran off in fear afterward.

Just like the energy and magic had left your body, your knees went weak, and you started leaning too much to the side. Varian caught you right before you fell. You felt a little dizzy, but you still had a good feeling in your stomach. This had been the first time you really used your powers. And you had succeded. Sure, know your little secret was revealed, but you had just saved your friends from being eaten alive, and you had just proved that you weren't some useless little girl.

When the four adults (Who surprisingly weren't hurt so badly by the moon dogs) realized what happened, they got up and ran over to you. They all looked like they had seen a ghost.

"Okay little lady, what the hell just happened!?" Andrew asked with a facial expression that made you wanna laugh. Though you knew you shouldn't be doing that right now. You had a lot to explain.

Eugene had gotten over to you, pointing at you with a shaky finger. He was very skeptic. "YOU, Speedy, are GROUNDED until you explain WHAT just happened, and HOW you just sent FOUR moon dogs FLYING with a purple ENERGY BALL!?!?"

"-Okay, but I found some fluxweed." You spoke innocently, pointing behind him.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"So, you're saying that you have had the necklace as long as you remember, and it just magically grants you powers when you need them?" Cassandra tried to sum up. You all sat around a big campfire in the middle of the forest. All the five had convinced you to tell the whole story after they had found a place to settle down. You had tried to tell them about it in small bits so they could swallow it properly. It was a pretty big deal.

It was also weird that they knew about it know. You had been so focused on keeping your secret, and now it was just out. But maybe that was for the best.

"Yes and no. I have a theory that I can only use the powers when I feel something very strong. The color the necklaces shines, show what feeling I'm feeling." You explained, looking into the fire. You sat next to Rapunzel who had her hand on your shoulder: She was super excited that she wasn't the only one who had powers.

"So, what's purple?" She asked curiously.

"I'm guessing its fear." You spoke. "And I think that red is anger. But I don't know the rest."

"You all do realize what this means, right?" Andrew spoke, gaining everyone's attention. "Maybe with (Y/n)'s powers combined with Rapunzels, we can save the kingdom and destroy the rocks just like that! Maybe this mission isn't necessary at all, but just a waste of time!"

Varian jumped slightly. "No! We can't go back!"

His face was red, but you couldn't tell if it was just because of the fire, or if he was angry.

"And why is that?" Andrew spoke, leaning towards Varian with narrowed eyes. To be honest, Andrew had never really liked him. Especially since he had punched you. He thought there was something off about him. And Varian knew that - at least some of him did.

Varian narrowed his eyes as well. "It would be way too risky. There's no rocks out here, so we would have to go back to find some and try out your theory. And it doesn't work, we would have wasted too much time by then, and we wouldn't be able to save the kingdom by then."

"And who exactly says that your little potion will work?" Andrew said, and it was like the whole forest went quiet. You could feel the tension rise between those two.

"Guys-" Rapunzel began, but Andrew interrupted her.

"No, no, think about it. Why are we relying on someone who suffers from memory loss? What if we have found all the ingredients, and he has suddenly forgot how to breed the potion? We could be wasting our time out here in some weird forest with magic fogs and scary creatures when we could be at home, trying to find a proper way to save Corona!" He said and Varian clenched his fists.

"Andrew, we've talked about this!" Cassandra spoke up. Yeah, they had. You had heard it.

"Besides, we can't really turn back now, right?" Rapunzel said softly, hugging her knees.

"Whatever. I was just saying." Andrew said, going into his tent. There was an uncomfortable silence when he left until the three other adults also went to sleep: They had to be ready for tomorrow; Tomorrow was the day that the hunt on the black mamba begun.

Eugene told you to get some sleep soon as well. You just nodded, and he went into his tent with Rapunzel.

You scooted closer to Varian. He sat and stared directly into the fire. He was clearly thinking about something.

"Are you okay, Varian?" You asked softly. He turned his head to look at you, but he didn't answer you. He just examined you like you were an unsolved puzzle, that he wanted to figure out, but couldn't.

"Fine." He then said, slowly. It looked like the word had a bad taste in his mouth. He looked in the direction of Andrews's tent right before blinking a few times with his eyes. He looked at you as if he were confused.

"Why are you still here? Get some sleep, (Y/n). I'll keep watch." He spoke softly, smiling that little sweet smile at you. That's right, Varian had agreed to take the first watch in case some moon dogs appeared.

"Are you sure? I can stay if you want." You said, but a yawn betrayed you.

He laughed softly. "It's been a rough day. You seem tired. I can manage on my own."

You nodded, giving him a hug. He was a little surprised, but he didn't hesitate to hug back. "I'm so glad you didn't die. I don't know what I would do without you." You whispered.

And then you got inside your tent as well.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

In the next few chapters, I'll focus on developing the reader's relationship with Varian :)

Also, 2K reads? Thanks! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.3K 1K 51
A Cassarian Story Varian always knew that he cared for Cassandra. But he didn't realize how much until she was gone. Six long years after Cassandra l...
24.6K 1.1K 26
Cassandra is Rapunzel's lady-in-waiting and personal guard at the same time. The princess was meant to marry the crowned prince of the Dark Kingdom...
1.4K 57 22
Varian is a dork and he tries his best but it ends up in flames, literally. Yet this cute dork managed to snag your heart and vice versa. At Varian's...
170K 4.9K 111
We all know what happened to Varian in the first season of "Tangled: The Series." He became the villain, was defeated by Rapunzel, and thrown into pr...