Contradicting Twins Love {EDI...

By MabelOsagiede

Meet Thelma Logan and Theresa Logan. They are twenty-five years old identical twins with different personalit... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Fun-filled Chapter
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Epilogue
Dear Readers ❀️
It's OutπŸ˜ŠπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ
Instagram Handle

Chapter 20

304 100 19
By MabelOsagiede

Theresa had gotten back home safely after the hours spent on the plane. She found her phone lying on top of her dresser and smiled.

"My baby, I missed you!" she hugged her phone, bringing it close to her chest.

"I should call Thelma" she said out loud and dialed Thelma's phone number.

A muffled sound was heard before Thelma voiced, "Hello!"

"What's up, sweet sis?" Theresa beamed.

"Why didn't you come to the office? I have been waiting for you"

"I just got home now"

"You have to come to the office. Mr. Roger wants to speak to you" she sighed. "We are waiting".

The line went dead.

It was evident on Thelma's voice that she was sad and angry with her.

*Was it my fault? No! They kidnapped me. I was in a life or death situation. I will just go to the office. I know Alex won't spare me*

***************************

"Sir, she is on her way" Thelma announced to Alex.

His scowl sent shivers down her spine.

"What kind of woman is she?" he bellowed. "She just decides when to come to work and when not to. Who is she? How dare she? How are you even related to he" Anger was laced in every words he yelled.

*By blood! We are related by blood*

Thelma stifled the laughter that wanted to burst out.

"Have you done what I told you to do?" he asked in a calmer tone.

"Yes, sir! It's all done!" she smiled. It seemed like her smile was contagious because he smiled back.

Recently after their lunch, he smiled often. She could remember her discussion with him. She had told him about every Barbie series she had watched and he listened. He also told her about the Avengers and she also listened. Then they jumped into different topics. They had become close like friends or maybe more than. Who knows?

She gave him the records she held and he took it with a smirk engraved on his features. He looked so handsome that Thelma couldn't stop ogling at him.

*Oh, I need to stop staring. What's inside those black eyes that captures me. Stop staring!!! This is so horrible.*

She peeled her gaze from him. In an attempt to leave, she tripped and Alex was quick to catch her in his arms. Thelma felt the warm sensation Alex's touch triggered in her. Her eyes studied all his facial appearance up close. 

Then, his eyes dropped to her lips. She didn't even know when she licked it. It was as if her whole body was screaming for him to kiss her. Their lips drew close every moment that passed. It was now inches away.

Bang! The door swung wide open. Theresa stood there, staring gobsmacked.Thelma and Alex pulled away from each other. He cleared his throat and adjusted his suit.

"You..." Theresa cut him off harshly.

"Did I interrupted something?" she glared at Thelma.

"No! I have been waiting for you!" Alex yelled and narrowed his eyes at her.

"I see!" She stroked an invisible bread. "You missed me".

"What? You wish! I have never seen an incompetent fool like you. How dare you decide not to come to work today?"

As calm as she could, she replied, "Something urgent happened"

"How urgent? Someone was planning to steal all the clothes in the mall?" he snapped and folded his arms. His muscles flexed and Thelma gawped.

*Oh, yeah! I lied to Thelma and told her I went to the mall. Maybe she told him!*

A silly smile played on Theresa's lips.

"Yeah! It was a fashion emergency!" she giggled.

"Do I sound like I'm joking? Do I?"

"Okay! That's it! You have raised your voice at me to your satisfaction. I will not accept you yelling at me anymore, mister!" her brusque tone echoed in the large office.

"I'm your boss! Show some respect!" he took slow steps towards her.

"I only respect those that deserves my respect and... " she paused and spat out with a high-pitch. "You don't! "

Alex's brows snapped together and he gripped her hand tightly. She squeaked.

"Let go!" she whined.

"You are really stepping on my nerves, lady!"

"Stop using your physical strength to intimidate me because it is not working," she lied. It was working. She felt like falling to her knees to beg for her release.

*It hurts so much*

Thelma noticed that Alex was mad with anger and she feared that he might hurt Theresa.

"Sir... Um.. Er.. We need to get back to our work" she faltered.

He sent daggers to her side and she kept mute.

Theresa's face was turning red. She was about to explode in tears.

"Let go, you fool!" she started to fight her way off his grip. "I have had enough with guys bullying me. Can't I be?" she screamed.

Alex loosened his grip and Theresa slapped him hard on the face. He held his cheek, gobsmacked and she stormed out, slamming the door behind her.

"Aargh! That girl frustrates my life" he yelled.

*Awkward!!! 🎶🎶* Thelma sang in her mind. When Alex turned she saw a red hand-shaped mark. She felt sorry but most of all she was infuriated by Theresa's action.

*Beside she is the one wrong her. I can't support her bad attitude anymore. How dare she slap her boss?*

"Sorry sir" Thelma blurted.

"Don't tell me sorry, rather control that wild beast you call your sister" he yelled and left the office.

**************************

Later on, Alex came back more relaxed. Thelma tried her best to make him smile to no avail. Actually, it was closing time but she had some work to do for him.

She missed his smile.

*In just one day, a lot of drama took placed in my life*

~~Darling, don't complain! You have not seen what happened to Theresa.~~

She sat on her chair staring at Alex. She needed his attention. She played a music in her phone. She was a big fan of Shawn Mendes.

Alex turned and was shocked to hear her sing along. He was watching her. She had her earpiece on.

She knew what she was doing. She kept on singing along with her nice tenor voice. She wanted Alex to feel as if the song was directed to him.

When she stopped singing, a loud clap echoed in the office room. She turned to see Alex clapping. He stood up and walked towards her. Her heart palpitated as if it had a marathon.

He sat on the arm of her chair and looked down at her. Thelma tilted her head to get a good view of him.

"Nice voice!" he commented.

"Thanks!" she bowed her head and blushed. Her cheek was a bright shade of pink. 

He nodded and she looked into his eyes. An awkward silence filled the room as they stared at each other.

A smile spread on Alex's face and he chuckled.

*Awwwwwww!!!!?! Don't blame me *

"You have beautiful eyes. It gets me thinking" he complimented.

Thelma's  mouth shaped in a 'o'. She snapped out of her surprised state and replied, "Thank you, sir!"

"You don't have to call me sir. You can call me Alex" he smiled, stood up and stretched a little.

"I will drop you home. I believe we have tried for today, don't you?"

"Yes, si... I mean Alex... Sir" she giggled nervously. "I am not used to calling you by your name".

"It's okay" he smirked.

*Jeez! Isn't today awesome?*

Alex drove in a calm silence which made Thelma quiet. It had always been like this. Every ride to his meetings and important places were always silent.

Thelma had gotten used to it.

"You know,... " Alex trailed off.

"What?" Thelma's eyes widened in curiosity.

*What did he want to say?*

"You know... " he was silent again.

"Um.. Uh?"

"You know, you have changed my view about women" he said at last.

Thelma was confused.

"Like, in my past, I had an experience that made me see women as nothing but self-centered egoist beings. I hated them. They usually did emotional blackmails which I hated the most" he spoke.

He looked at Thelma and smiled. "You are not like that. You are different. That's really good!" he added.

Thelma felt her face warm up. She was blushing so hard.

"W.. What happened in... In.. The past that made you to think that way?" she stammered. She didn't want to get him angry by asking of his past.

"I don't want to share it" he said sharply.

"Well...If you need a friend to talk to, feel free to meet me. I will lend a listening ear" she said in a soothing voice. He bobbed his head in reply.

They got out of the car and Alex insisted on taking her to her doorstep.

They got out of the elevator and Thelma was about to knock when she stopped.

She turned to Alex. "Mr. Roger, I'm sorry about my sister's behavior" she said and sent apologetic look.

"You are not at fault but it is okay. I'm fine"

Thelma came close and pecked the place Theresa slapped early. Alex shot both brows up and looked at her with wide eyes.

"Good night sir" she said.

He waved still shocked and faintly but sweetly replied, "Good night!"

They smiled at each other and he left. Thelma hopped around. At last, she knocked.

An angry Theresa stared at her and she sent daggers to Theresa in return.

"How dare you slap our boss?"

Theresa rolled her eyes. "Pathetic!" she replied and walked away.

      ~~~Author's note~~~

What do you think of this chapter? Do you like Thelma and Alex's  relationship?  Cute, right? What do you think will happen between Alex and Theresa? Read more to get entangled in the journey. Pls vote and comment. Thanks. Please also share my book. I need more people to enjoy this book. Just like you do!! Thanks. Love you 💋❤💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

517K 11.2K 37
| πŸ­πŸ²π˜… π—™π—˜π—”π—§π—¨π—₯π—˜π—— Β· [EDITORS' CHOICE -- NOVEMBER 2020] [ONC 2020 Winner] Two strangers on separate trains, divided by uncaring glass. A bond...
717K 27.8K 65
Sophia Bennett, a 23 year old woman, looking for a job which will pay her enough to use that money to pay off the debt she had taken for her sister's...
1.5K 100 16
When three worlds collide, there's nothing but chaos. Hey Bestiess!!! This story is about Rylie Mireya Caddel, who was born into a beautiful family...
423K 9.8K 31
β‡’ STORY BY : ❱ http:Λšβ™‘lvesaturn! ΛšΛ‘Ψ˜ :πŸ₯: ·˚ β‡’ COVER MADE BY : lvesaturnβ™‘ [ DO NOT REUSE OR USE FOR ANY OTHER WEBSITE ] ⇒𝓑𝓾𝓷𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓸𝓾𝓰�...