Alternatively Together 💐 Sou...

By flowiepot

Today is one of the rarest occasions of the year; Chuuya and Dazai both have day offs at the same time. Keepi... More

Warnings and Author's Notes
Chapter 1: To the Shopping District!
Chapter 2: Dresses and Breasts?
Chapter 3: To Hide, or Not To Hide.
Chapter 4: Promised Secret
Chapter 5: The Difference between Hot and Cold, and You and I.

Chapter 6: Candies and Horror

258 12 2
By flowiepot

Akutagawa and Atsushi got woken up by two familiar gingers screaming and scolding two mischievous brunets in the kitchen because God forbid whoever let them in. The last time Dazai used the kitchen it ended with the food burning. They were making fucking Jello.

The two sleepy dorks first saw each other, then immediately realizes the position they were in.
"Jinko! What in the hell are you doing?!"
"I should be asking you! You're the one who's clinging on to me!"
Frustrated and flustered, the two let go of each other while averting their gazes, and throwing insults and such.

With their noise, the duos in the kitchen stopped their bickering and gazed at each other, because they know well what had happened last night, even if the two denies everything.

Chuuya took a look at the clock and noticed it was already 8:30AM, knowing both Dazais, he was positive that if they don't hurry now, they'll be an hour late for the meet-up place.
"Oi, mackerels! Get off and help your kouhais and yourselves in preparing for later because I am positive that you both will be lazy-asses and get us late for later!" Chuuya waved a finger at them then turning to Nakahara to finish breakfast for all of them.
"Chuuya thinks it's not a good thing that we'll be late for later.. Let them wait~" Sure Dazai said this with his typical tone, but he and Nakahara was already heading out to the living room to do what the redhead said. For the safety of a peaceful morning.

Meanwhile, Aku and Atsu are still being flustered idiots over cuddling at night at their sleep.

[]

Everyone finished eating and preparing by 9:45AM, and are already on their way to the front door. If they walked in just the right speed, they'll arrive there on or before 10AM at the very least. They all wore civilian clothes— sorta for Akutagawa since he still got Rashomon on; he says it's for emergencies.— that looked pretty decent if they were to hide their identities from the people they know- or the whole Yokohama in general.

Chuuya wore an oversized yellow turtleneck sweater with cozy light blue joggers and white sneakers. His hair was tied up in a 'messy-but-fashionable' bun, while wearing round glasses and his signature hat. His counterpart, Nakahara wore a partially similar thing, yellow turtleneck, a long light blue skirt that covers up to her knees, and some white boots that covers said knees, and of course the cherries on top, round glasses but this time it's gold, a cute braided bun, and her typical hat.

For their lovers', Dazai wore a red and white striped t-shirt that is accompanied by a denim jacket on top, with black slacks and his loafers; His hair was styled with his bangs in the side. For Osaku, obviously she wore something similar; This time white and red striped t-shirt below a lighter shade of the color of Dazai's denim jacket, with black leggings, and her boat shoes; Her hair was almost the same style as Dazai's, bangs to the side but only now, her hair is tied.

Meanwhile, Akutagawa wore a simple white long sleeve, and black denim pants and his regular shoes, with Rashoumon as his typical coat. He's also wearing a gray beanie to look less like himself. Just less..
And Atsushi wore a beige sweater on top of a plain white t-shirt, with black overalls that reaches his feet, and his regular shoes. He's wearing a white cap and that makes him look fucking adorable—

As they head out of the door and lock it, they ready themselves on what Ranpo and Poe's reaction may be.
Chaotic or Resolving. Yes or No.

[]

This is it. They're here. In front of the entrance. Their obvious and specific meet-up place.
Nakahara, Chuuya, and Atsushi are shaking uncontrollably and are sweating profusely as they wait in silence for Ranpo and Poe to just get this over with already. Please.

"Yo~~ Dazai-kun, Atsushi-kun!~"
Speak of the devils and they come.

As Ranpo and Poe approach them, they both act like nothing's wrong and that there isn't a girl Dazai and Chuuya just 9 feet away from them, no problem.
"Ranpo-kun, Poe-kun! Thank you for coming~" Dazai claps his hands like he always do and greet the two newcomers. By this point, Poe notices the two female who are beside them.

"D-dazai-san, who are they?.." The shy raven barely says;

Nakahara starts panicking internally but lets out a soft smile on the outside to avoid problems and shock. When Poe asked, this caught Ranpo's attention in inspecting the two too.

"Oooh~ Mr. Fancyhat-kun, it seems like this lady here also has the same tastes as you!" As Ranpo points out the said lady's hat who looks way too similar from Chuuya's. A nervous chuckle escapes Nakahara's small mouth who is desperately trying to not panic.

"Ranpo-kun look.. This girl looks like Dazai-san." Ah, shit. Damn you and your clever ways Poe-

As Ranpo builds interest he slowly starts on inspecting the female brunet that does in fact, look like Dazai.

"Hmm.. She does, doesn't she?" The detective raised an eyebrow and glances to the male brunet who's rubbing the back of his head while softly chuckling innocently.
Due to an inch away from Ranpo unraveling the truth, Atsushi panics and quickly says;

"R-Ranpo-san look! A candy shop! There! R-right by the corner!"
Ranpo being a candy-loving-idiot quickly looks at the shop that the weretiger is furiously pointing at. It was a candy shop..

Ranpo brightens up and tugs Poe to the said shop while Atsushi signals Chuuya to let them ravage his credit card—because they all know that the Agency doesn't get the questionably high checks they give to the Mafia— while he tugs Akutagawa to now locate different private spaces with him. Chuuya is still against this money decision but if it's for the sake of hiding then fine dammit-

So now they have two problems and they utterly dislike both of them.
One, how are they gonna tell Ranpo and Poe.
Two, are they even gonna tell it because they're a bunch of nervous wrecks and pussies.

What the fuck.

[]

After buying half of the store's candies and deciding which ones to buy in the process for 2 hours, Poe figured that this was very enough for Ranpo alone if he didn't want to get cavities and possibly something worse. Once they leave, by this point Atsushi and Akutagawa have already secured the places and told the three waiting outside.

"Where'd you guys wanna go next?" Asked Atsushi.
"Ah! I wanna go to that new haunted house attraction!" Ranpo says while stuffing a few more candies inside his mouth.
Even if it's not even night yet, but go off.

Upon hearing the word haunted house, believe it or not, Nakahara is a huge baby and an easily scared girl, even if it's still bright out and the sun is still up..

Surprisingly this is the only thing that is different between her and Chuuya. And maybe, there could be more that's different with these two, and all the other alternates.

Osaku is the only one who knows this and she uses it as an advantage as she devilishly grin at her partner who was pissed off at her, while also trying to not look frightened and pale. She's trying.

Nakahara's whole body is trembling as she uncontrollably grips Osaku's hands and uses it as some kind of stress ball. Osaku doesn't mind as long as she sees Nakahara like this. It's cute but not for Nakahara..

Chuuya notices his counterpart looking abnormally wide-eyed and began facing Osaku with a confused look. To which the bandaged-female could only smirk at him suspiciously and mischievously. Chuuya is concerned.

On the other hand, Dazai noticed this from the start and have gotten it right from when Nakahara gripped Osaku's hands. For once, he liked this Chuuya better. Or y'know, likes to tease this Chuuya more.

All of them approaches the new attraction and lines up in a heavy and long line. Nakahara breathes in relief knowing this, while Osaku and Dazai let her be, for later it would be a wild ride for her.

Chuuya is still confused so he nudges Dazai and murmured, "What the fuck is wrong with Nakahara?" To which Dazai hummed, "It looks like counterparts cant always be the same~" Chuuya didn't get this and he didn't wanna ask, but he knew that sooner or later he would find the answer he's looking for himself.
While waiting in line, Akutagawa and Atsushi becomes impatient and starts a conversation with Ranpo and Poe because they would definitely want to avoid Ranpo and Poe being suspicious..

But that was their intention in the first place, to let Ranpo and Poe know..

"Ranpo-san, are you and Poe-san perhaps.. dating?"
...Akutagawa, that was too straightforward and awkward for a conversation starter.. The fuck??

Hearing this made Poe fluster and blush different shades of pink while Ranpo widens a quarter of his eyes in a slight shock. There were also hints of pink up his cheeks, oops.

Poe couldn't say anything audible as he averts Ranpo's gaze in every way possible and continues being a mess, and Ranpo can only stay silent and stress-eat candies while clearly blushing. Who knew Ranpo was this soft.

Atsushi smacks the back of Akutagawa's head where he lets out an angry and shocked yelp, and before Akutagawa could complain Atsushi spoke. "What he meant to say that are you.. Having feelings for one another? —Ish.."

That did not make anything better.

"A-atsushi-kun, i-it's not l-like that.." Poe tried to make it audible but it came out low and slurred, it was a good thing Atsushi had weretiger senses that made him hear it clearly-ish. Ranpo nodded with a mixture of speed of slow and fast, this is the first time Atsushi saw Ranpo like a helpless dork.

Silence crept as no one spoke between the four of them.

Breaking it was Akutagawa who changed the subject and tried to end what he started.
Which was for the best.. For the four of them.

They suddenly got into the topic of some murder cases and this seemed to ease the two. Either way, Akutagawa and Atsushi got their answer because of both their reactions. They looked like pining idiots with all their blushing and flustering.

..With the counterparts however, they weren't there with the rest because they had their own little world bickering and doing the typical things they usually do together. Like both Dazais tryna do PDA, while both Chuuyas avoid it at all cost..

The line was long and the day is just getting started. How many more shenanigans 'till the two figure out that the suspicious females are actually from another universe?..

~~~~~~
Notes:
Oop hi! I forgot to tell you from last week/the last few chapters that I am a bby and school is keeping me hostage. I don't post updates during weekdays and finals' week, I'm so sorry blame my Asian parents.
tHAT WASNT RACIST IM SORRY I—
Anyways I hope you enjoy reading about crack. This looks like a filler and I hate it.
RanPoe is soft and I'm soft and Ranpo is s o f t.

Again, thanks for reading! I'll try to update soon and more!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12K 347 22
"Strays are messy and unkempt beings, I have no time for such creatures." The brown haired man spoke, his arm waving in dismissal. "Are you talking...
8.3K 375 11
''Haku, where are Dazai and Haruka ?'' ''I don't kno--'' A loud bang echoed throughout the empty place. Shoes scraped the ground as Chuuya backed aw...
189K 6.2K 33
-Bsd soukoku college Au- Dazai's confident, independent, smart, but a total jerk and playboy. Chuuya's confident, independent, slightly idiotic, but...
26.2K 667 15
Kouyou grabbed Chuuya by the back of the collar as she began to drag him away, he tried to fight back struggling and reaching towards Dazai as he too...