silent love » p. parker ¹

By jetblacktrash

listen to silence. it has so much to say. -rumi Copyright © 2016 keillyn (jetblacktrash) #1 on tasm 11/18/19 ... More

; synopsis + epigraph
; cast
; prologue
; one
; two
; three
; four
; five
; six
; seven
; eight
; nine
; ten
; eleven
; twelve
; thirteen
; fourteen
; fifteen
; sixteen
; seventeen
; eighteen
; nineteen
; twenty
; twenty-one
; twenty-three
; epilogue

; twenty-two

6K 152 171
By jetblacktrash

P E T E R

        "We are here today to show our love and support for Zoee Atkins' precious family. Not only have we sensed our own personal feelings of loss over Zoee's passing, but our hearts have been drawn toward them, and will continue to be with them." Speaks the pastor slowly and solemnly as he stands next to the big, brown casket.

        Zoee Atkins is dead.

        Laura Atkins is devastated.

        May Parker is mournful.

        Peter Parker is guilty and numb.

        Both the bodies of Zoee Atkins and George Stacy laid on the rooftop. The Parker boy cried as he glanced from one body to the other while he frantically thought of how he was going to transport both bodies to the hospital. He felt Zoee's faint pulse so he had to act fast. He moved his gloved hands to his hair and tugged on the strands in frustration before he went towards Zoee. 

        Peter knew that the police would go up to the rooftop of the Oscorp building to arrest Curt Conners so they would find Captain Stacy's body. He was adding more guilt to the weight on his shoulders by just leaving him there but the guilt of not saving Zoee would eat him alive. Peter picked up Zoee's limp body and held her to his chest as he jumped off the building to swing to the hospital. He held her with one arm while he used his other hand to shoot webs and swing, just like how he did when he saved her that one night. 

        Tear streaks stained his face as the cold air-dried the new ones that were slipping out of his eyes. He made sure to grab his mask to conceal his identity, but he didn't slip it on right away. He contemplated going mask-less, but he knew that is anyone saw who the masked vigilante really was, he would put more people that he loved in danger. 

        He made sure to put on the mask right before nurses swarmed him when he ran into the ER. The workers fired questions at him and although he was overwhelmed, he managed to give all the information they needed. Soon, they wheeled the Atkins girl to a room to try and save her. The Parker boy clad in his Spider-Man gear quickly followed but stayed outside the door of the room she was taken into. 

        Zoee Atkins was pronounced dead as soon as she was placed into one of the emergency rooms. Peter heard the head nurse announce the time of death and he didn't hesitate to rush out of the hospital to avoid breaking down in front of everyone around him. As he did so, he felt a pair of eyes on his back but he didn't turn around to see who it was, he was too heartbroken.

        Peter made sure he was alone when he found a dark alleyway. He then yanked off his mask and screamed out into the air in agony before punching the brick wall in front of him. He yelled and sobbed and cried into the cool night air. He needed a moment to himself so he took that time to do so. He wasn't fully calm but he realized that he needed to go back to Aunt May who was worried sick for him.

        He found a backpack stuck to the brick wall with his webs when he turned around to leave. He was grateful that he snuck at least one somewhere for a crisis like that one. He took out some spare clothes and quickly changed before stuffing the suit into the bag and throwing the bag onto his back. He ran out and shot a web into the air to swing back home.

        Once at the front door of his house, the door swung open. Laura Atkins rushed out with loud wails followed by a tearful May, then it hit Peter; they knew. The hospital contacted her mother as soon as Zoee died. Peter forgot about her as he was caught up with his own grief. Another wave of guilt washed over him and made him sick to his stomach. He followed Laura with tear-filled eyes as May placed a hand on his shoulder and whispered in shock, "Zoee's dead."

        Peter Parker let himself cry all over again.

        The words of the pastor turn into warbles of sounds for Peter as he stares at the casket a few feet away with Aunt May at his side. May is holding his hand tightly and rubbing his arm softly to comfort the Parker boy. May would be doing the same to Laura but she respects that she needs to be alone. 

        Peter's chest aches with the new hole in his soul from Zoee's passing that nobody will be able to fill or even attempt to. His eyes are dry from tears that he cried out from the night of her death. His stomach churns with the guilt he won't be able to get over with help since no one can know about his vigilante secret. He stares straight, letting his vision go out of focus as his mind wanders to memories of the Atkins girl.

        He is then shaken out of his trance when May squeezes his hand for his attention. The casket is being lowered into the deep hole in the ground. Peter knows there wasn't anyone who spoke, not even Zoee's mother did. He isn't surprised since Laura didn't want a service held to show off her body. It's too much pain for her since she just lost the only immediate family member she had left; Peter understands. 

        Peter feels his body move towards the hole as soon as the casket was nestled into it. Laura had thrown the first shovel-full of dirt into the hole. Peter kneels down and forcefully throws a fistful of dirt down before rising up and rushing away. He speeds towards Laura's direction and tries to get past when the Atkins woman stops him. 

        She grabs onto his shoulders weakly and looks up at him with a wet face. She sniffles and that's all it takes for Peter to break down again for the first time since Zoee died. She brings him into a tight hug and just holds him as he cries. She can't imagine what it's like to lose someone you are in love with to the curse of death. She observed how Peter treated her daughter. She knew he was in love with the way he would gaze at Zoee; it was the same way she caught her late husband watching her. She is so grateful for Peter and even though she is hurting, she is strong enough to comfort the love of her daughter's life.  

        Right as the funeral ended and the casket was covered with dirt all the way to the top, the sunny sky turns into a dark, cloudy day. Most of the small group of guests who showed up left. The remaining guests are giving Laura their condolences. Peter is right by his aunt again, drying his tears. 

        He was told by Gwen Stacy about her father's funeral which is being held on the same day Zoee's was planned. He is planning to show up to comfort his girlfriend but he promised George to stay away from the Stacy girl. He will feel guilty if he doesn't at least show up so he knows what he has to do. With a kiss on May's cheek, he departs and leaves the graveyard. May assumes he needs some time with himself to mourn so he lets him go without questioning him. 

        The bright morning slowly shifts into a dark afternoon, the bright sun being concealed by dark clouds full of rain. Peter doesn't bother to swing through the city to avoid being soaked by the heavy rain. He takes his time, walking across town to reach another cemetery. The wet rain hits his body, seeping into his black suit. He doesn't mind it though, he doesn't care at all. The numbness in his body blocking any other emotion.

        Arriving at the cemetery, the first thing Peter notices is the extravagant church. He can only imagine what the actual cemetery looks like. With his enhanced hearing, he is able to make out the pastor's speech, meaning that he arrived a little late. That doesn't bother him though as he pulls up his sleeve to reveal his web shooter. With a thwip!, Peter swings up to the top of the church, where he has a perfect view of the burial service.

        He sees the familiar brown casket next to an image of Captain Stacy surrounded by flowers. Countless rows of chairs are set in front of the casket, numerous people occupying them, being covered by their umbrellas. Peter then immediately spots Gwen from the crowd as she tilts her black umbrella ever so slightly. To avoid being caught staring from above, the Parker boy sits on the roof, listening silently and paying his respects.

        Peter has lost track of time by the end after many officers and close friends made speeches about the deceased police captain. The service finally ends after the casket has been lowered into the ground. The people who attended gave their condolences to the Stacy family before going inside the church and leaving out the front door. Peter expects Gwen to wait for her family and leave with them, but he is surprised when she blends into the crowd to leave alone.

        He watches her go down the church steps, heading out to the sidewalk. As if Gwen can feel his stare, she starts to move her umbrella to look up. Peter immediately moves back and ducks to avoid being seen. He waits a couple of moments before shooting a web and swinging off to go back home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

345K 8.9K 42
Sequel is out!! "The static pulse of a heart is how everything begins and ends." Thea is no exception. As she grows to know Peter Parker she finds...
240K 8.5K 90
"Ada, you're my whole world. There's no life worth living for me without you." "I feel the same way." ...
1.6M 74.9K 95
[based on season two of The Flash] || book two of three || Six months after Barry's failure to change the timeline and save his mother, Team Flash is...
12.4K 159 8
You are the vigilante superhero known as Dark Owl who recently moved to Metropolis from Gotham City in order to be your own hero after many trainings...