goodnight // lashton

Oleh xxx17-

Luke and Ashton used to be best friends. They were inseparable. High school came and they faded apart. Two we... Lebih Banyak

goodnight. || lashton.
buenas noches.
godnat.
bonne nuit.
noapte buna.
gute nacht.
oíche mhaith.
dobranoc.
labanakt.
đêm tốt.
usiku mwema.
iyi geceler.
jó éjszakát.
goeie nag.
lahko noč.
noson dda.
hayrli tun.
bonum nox.
buonanotte.
ulale kahle.
robala hantle.
kasun layọ o.
goodbye.
epilogue.

nos da.

21.1K 1.1K 979
Oleh xxx17-

Ashton's POV

I was crying harder than I thought I would be. This should be easy. I've done it so many times before that I thought I would've been used to it. But it's not easy. Not at all. I put the rest of the sharpener back into my bag and took hold of one of the blades.

I couldn't stop shaking. I was shaking so hard that I thought the sharp object would fall right out of my hand. I don't have anyone to stay strong for anyways. Not even myself. 

I brought the razor up to my wrist, applying pressure and sliding it across. I bit my lip and dropped the razor. I regretted it, but I wanted more. As much as it pained me to say it, I wanted more. It hurt, but it also took the hurt away.

The blood stood out against my skin. Then there was another cut. And another. And another. And another. I decided five was enough, as they were pretty deep. 

My phone buzzing brought me out of the bathroom and into my bedroom.

From: jerk

Hey sry about 2day. Goodnight

From: Ashyboo

i dont like you stop texting me

From: jerk

I know u don't but I still thought I'd say sry

From: Ashyboo

wow everything is better omg thanks so much!!12!!1!

From: jerk

U don't have 2 be mean about it Im trying 2 b nice

From: Ashyboo

sorry i have a tendency to be rude to assholes

From: jerk

Whatever. Goodnight

From: Ashyboo

goodnight, asshole.

~

I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked terrible. My eyes were red, there was dry blood on my arms, my face was red and wet from tears; I just looked terrible. I ran a hand through my hair, which was messy and knotted from sleeping. I decided to take a shower. 

I was still tired after my shower. I expected that, though, since I only got an hour of sleep. I didn't show that, though. There was a smile glued onto my face when I walked downstairs in a grey hoodie and black skinny jeans with holes in the knees. 

I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay.

"Morning, Ashton. Sleep well?" Stephen asked as I came downstairs. I nodded, taking a seat at the table and grabbing my grey converse that were laying on the table. He was flipping through a newspaper while Laurie was making some coffee. 

"Oh, morning, sweetie." Laurie greeted when she noticed I was here. I waved quickly and went back to tying my shoe.

"Would you like some coffee?" She asked. 

"Yes, ma'am." I answered. I finished tying my shoes and looked up at Stephen, who was checking his watch.

"You're up awfully early." He stated. 

"Went to bed early." I lied, fiddling with the sleeves of my hoodie. He nodded, going back to reading. I took out my phone and went on Pinterest. 

"The coffee machine isn't working. Just run by McDonald's on your way to school and get some." Laurie said, handing me a ten dollar bill. Coffee wouldn't cost near that much, but I just went with it and decided I'd give her the change later. 

I grabbed stuffed my lunchbox and books into my bag and made my way out the door. School didn't start for awhile, but I had to get some coffee soon if I wanted to survive this day. I took out my headphones and made a journey to McDonald's.

It was quite empty when I got there, so I ordered and left with my coffee quite quickly. I'd get to school really early, but I was okay with that. I had my phone charger in my bag anyways. 

While I was walking to school, my phone started vibrating and I held it up, revealing a picture or Charlotte. I swiped my screen to accept the call and held the phone up to my ear.

"Sup, bitch." I greeted, smiling. It was good to have friends like this again. I may not know Ryan that well, but I feel like Charlotte could be my new Luke. I shouldn't have a problem replacing him; he did it so easily with me.

"Hey, babe. When are you getting to school because it's boring as hell here." She said. I laughed.

"Don't insult Hell like that. It's not nearly as bad as school." I said. She laughed, which ended up being a snort.

"Oh my goodness! I snorted!" She said. I giggled, and she gasped.

"Forget my snorting, you just giggled! Oh my God. You're like a kitten." She said. I blushed, and I was glad she couldn't see me. I blush a lot. 

"I'm at the school, by the way." I said, taking a sip of my coffee. I hung up on her without warning, as I could see her. She got up and ran towards me.

"Hey." She greeted. I waved and smiled.

"Cutie over there is staring at you." She said, looking over my shoulder.

"How cute?" I asked.

"Pretty cute. I think his name is like Luke?" She answered.

"His name is Asshole, actually." I said, rolling my eyes and walking to our table. Charlotte looked shocked, but followed me to our table.

"Asshole, huh? What'd he do?" She asked. I was surprised that she didn't know he was my best friend, since him and I were attached at the hip.

"He was my best friend, but he met better people this year and stopped hanging out with me." I said, taking a sip of my coffee. This made me feel professional for some reason. Just that feeling of achievement. I don't know why, though.

"That jerk." She said. I nodded, looking back over to Luke, who was still staring at me. I flipped him off, then looked at Charlotte, who also flipped him off. 

~

Luke's POV

I had no reason to be pissed at him. But I was. I was the one who stopped talking to him yet I blamed him for it. I was sitting next to him in math right now. We didn't chose that; it just always happened with Irwin and Hemmings. 

I was really angry right now. I tried to be nice to him through texts, and what do I get? He's just a sarcastic ass. I furrowed my eyebrows, pushing down on my pencil, which caused the led to snap off. I sighed, knowing that the teacher's was broken and I lacked one. I had to talk to Ashton.

"Ash, can I borrow your pencil sharpener?" I asked. He nodded, randomly searching his bag until he found it. When he did, the bell rang and he threw it at me and left. I sighed, grabbing it and putting my pencil in. I turned it a couple of times and then pulled it out. It still looked the same. I looked at the pencil sharpener and gasped.

The blades were gone.

~

Ashton's POV

I walked out of math quickly. I felt like I was about to cry just sitting by him. I ran to my locker. When I got there, I dropped everything. My books, my notebook, my binder, everything. Spray painted across the red locker in black words was a three letter word.

Fag. 

There was a crowd around me. Everyone was laughing. A couple of the boys looked proud. Luke looked sad. Charlotte and Ryan looked sad. If they looked sad, I must have looked like a wreck. 

I didn't hesitate to run. 

I ran right out the school. I ran out the back, of course, so no teachers would see. I was going to run home, but someone grabbed my wrist. It hurt, but I remembered not to let anyone know. I turned around to see Charlotte, along with Ryan.

"Go away." I said, wiping my eyes and turning around. She just grabbed my arm again and turned me around, this time pulling me into a hug. I just buried my face in her neck and cried, because that's one of the only things I wanted to do right now.

The other thing was kill myself.

~

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

9.4K 472 16
Ashton wasn't always silent, he stopped talking the day his mother died. His stepdad began to beat him. His silence wasn't just any silence, it was s...
10.7K 383 13
Luke and Ashton. With a hint of others. Warnings: triggering subjects, some are pretty sad, most are really long, and no I don't write full on smut...
633 16 33
"He's just a classmate who talked to me. I shouldn't feel anything. But I do." [Started: Feb 20, 2023] [Ended: April 22, 2023]
26.4K 1.2K 43
"...now I'm falling..."