Number Neighbour » h.s

By harrylilies

Where Nina texts her number neighbour and applies as Harry Styles' new photographer. [ real life x oc ] [ soc... More

Prologue
Characters
[one]
[two]
[three]
[four]
[six]
[seven]
[eight]
[nine]
[ten]
[eleven]
[twelve]
[thirteen]
[fourteen]
[fifteen]
[sixteen]
[seventeen]
important A/N
[eighteen]
[nineteen]
[twenty]
[twenty one]
[twenty two]
[twenty three]
[twenty four]
[twenty five]
[twenty six]
[twenty seven]
[twenty eight]
[twenty nine]
[thirty]
[thirty one]
[thirty two]
[thirty three: final]
Epilogue
blurbs & one shots
[63rd grammy's]
[love on tour: vegas]
[harryween II]

[five]

13.4K 372 187
By harrylilies

Mick🥬:
Hey, you up?
I think you told me you're meeting up with Harry Styles at 10
It's 8 now but I wanted to wish you good luck
Don't make him too nervous. x

Nini📷:

hello, getting ready
asgsjwksj you're too sweet
i'm so nervous

Mick🥬:
You're also very beautiful

Nini📷:
oh my god, mick
smooth
thank you🥰

Mick🥬:
I love that emoji🥰
Back to sir Harry, don't be nervous, I'm sure he's an absolute mess right now

Nini📷:
i'm starting to think you actually know him

Mick🥬:
Duh

Nini📷:
omg ok, sassy
whatever you say
hopefully all goes well 🤞🏼

Mick🥬:
I'm sure it will, love. :)
Go finish getting ready
Knock him dead, sister!

Nini📷:

later! x

outfit of the day:

"I'm right beside, uh, wait," Harry paused, looking up at the banner beside him, "Posie's diner."

"I think I saw you. Can you raise your hand and wave?" Nina smiled to herself, clutching her phone close to her ear, watching as Harry did as she said. "Alright you can stop waving, I saw you already. Just did it for the laughs."

Harry threw his head back as he laughed, rolling his eyes behind his sunnies, "Alright, good one."

Crossing the street, Harry grinned as he saw Nina approaching him. "Alright, have to hang up. I'm meeting up with this stuck up A-lister."

Standing in front of each other, Harry smiled amusingly, still on the phone with her. "God, hate those. Sounds like a tosser to me."

"Eh," Nina shrugged, "Guess he's alright."

Harry laughed again, finally hanging up before bringing Nina in a greeting hug. Wrapping his arms around her shoulders, Nina wrapped hers around his waist, mentally taking notes about how their heights seemed perfect in a hug.

"You look lovely." He smiled as they pulled away.

Nina's cheeks were a faint tint of red, having had chosen to go out bare faced. Stuffing her hand in her jeans' pocket, the other holding her camera's strap around her neck. "You look nice, too. Love the cap."

"Think it's kind of a signature by now." He chuckled.

"I'm sure not everyone can pull it off. Like myself here, would look like Oliver Twist." Nina joked, both of them beginning to walk the short distance towards where they agreed to shoot.

"Ah, nonsense." Harry pulled a face, waving her off before taking off his denim cap and running his hand through his hair. Turning towards her, he placed the cap on her head.

"See?" Nina stopped, pointing at herself.

"That you look nice with it? Yes!" Harry exclaimed, "Even if you didn't. You want to wear it? Wear it. Who cares?"

She giggled, taking the cap off before placing it on top of his head, "I do."

"Boo."

Putting his hands in his black cashmere jacket's pockets, Harry walked beside Nina towards the place he didn't know when she told him about it.
Shortly, they were facing a river, rocks decorating the shore ever so beautifully.
Taking his sunglasses off, Harry's lips muttered a soft "Wow" as his eyes went over the scenery.

"I know." Nina smiled softly, glancing at Harry before looking in front of her again. "The shops hide that much beauty. Price of capitalism I guess."

"I would've never guessed that I'd walk down an alley to find this."

"Chris showed me that place when I was 17," Nina said as she turned on her camera, taking the lens' cover off and putting it inside her camera's cross bag, "Had a disastrous date, needed to cry. You can count on that man when you're feeling blue." She chuckled.

He looked at her as she adjusted her camera. "You usually do your shoots here?"

She hummed, looking up at him. "What?"

"You usually do your shoots here?" Harry repeated, a smile adorning his voice as he inspected her.

"No," She shook her head, "Not really. There isn't one place I like. I usually just get the vibe from the person and decide."

"And what vibe did you get from me?"

Nina's face heated up, looking down at her camera. "A good one. Shall we start?"

Being someone who mastered the art of dodging questions, Harry realised that Nina did the same thing. Knowing better than to press, he only smiled to himself before nodding.

"Alright so here's what we're going to do. I'm going to talk to you. So just, get comfortable, yeah?"

"Sounds great."

Of course it does. Talking to her sounds incredible.
What was happening?

"What did you do yesterday?" Nina brought the camera up to her eye.

"Hmm, let's see," Harry tapped his chin, "Went to Jeff, my manager, after leaving Chris. Watched a game, went back home and wrote for a bit. Chilled I guess. Saying it all aloud makes me sound lame."

Nina chuckled, "You're not. You basically described basically my entire week."

"What about that date you had yesterday? Was it good?" Stifling his smile, Harry adjusted his cap on his head as he took a step forward towards the water, not missing the faltering of Nina's smile.

"Oh, you know," She chuckled, "Wasn't bad but not it for me."

Harry hummed with a nod, his dimple seen as he bit his lower lip to stifle his grin before looking at the water.

Nina was amused at how photogenic Harry was. He was effortlessly handsome, no doubt.
Snap after snap, she paused when she saw him walking towards the rock.
"Hey! Stay safe, rockstar."

He looked back at her with a grin, a moment she successfully snapped, and gave her a nod as he climbed up, shortly after, standing on the slim bridge.

Nina stood where she was, looking up at him for a second as he took off his jacket and threw it beside her. Releasing a small laugh of amusement, she put her hand above her eyes to shield herself from the light. "Getting into it, are we?"

Harry laughed softly, "You make it easy."

Adjusting his trousers as he took a look at the river, Nina snapped another shot.

"How's your new music coming along?"

"Fine, I can say," He nodded, "Want me to spill the release date of the first single?"

And the way he gave her a childish grin was enough to have her absentmindedly snap a picture.

"Hm, I don't know," She smiled, "Think I might want to get surprised like the rest of the fans."

"So you're a fan?"

Deciding to not answer him, Nina's bashful face gave it away to Harry. It was all that was needed to make his heart skip a beat, ego successfully fed and stomach wildly fluttering with butterflies.

"Tell me about you." He said gently, looking straight down at her as he sat on the edge.

"Me?"

He nodded, "You. Who is Nina Maye Brown?" A small smile was there, as he dramatically asked, but it seemed like he had been doing every time he was in her presence anyway.

"Let's see," She began, putting down her camera for a moment, "I'm an only daughter among 3 other brothers. I'm also an aunt."

For some reason, his heart fluttered at the fact that she was an aunt. Now, Harry was a sucker for kids, everyone knew that. The thought of her playing with a kid seemed like a pleasant one.

"Youngest in the family?"

"No," Nina shook her head, "I have a 15-year-old brother. They're Ronan, Jayden and Elias."

"Beautiful names."

"Thank you." She smiled, "So Ronan is happily in a relationship. Their story is really cute, want to know it?"

"Yes, please." He stood up, walking back where he came as to approach her.

"So, he was around 24 when he decided that he wanted to break the routine. One day, he just packed up and told us that he's traveling to India, just like that," She shrugged, "He was there for 3 months and met this girl, his current girlfriend, Aditi. Her family was very welcoming of Ronan. We all met them in Christmas a couple of years ago. Anyway, they've been together for 5 years."

"That's beautiful," He smiled, "I think falling in love with someone who's completely different from you is amusing. You don't really speak the same language, different backgrounds, but it is what it is."

Nina nodded in agreement, moving the camera upwards again so she can snap a picture. "I do, too. She's a sweetheart. She moved in with him here and pursued her dream job."

"That's great!"

"Isn't it?" She grinned. "Jayden's married. Went to LA for a promotion and met Dana. They got married 4 years ago and have the most adorable daughter you can ever see. Her name's Tala."

"Tala." Harry repeated, "You all know how to pick names out, huh?"

Nina giggled, giving him a sheepish shrug.

"If it's not too personal, what about your parents?"

"Oh no, it's not," She assured him, "My parents are the kindest people on this planet. Dad met mum when he was on a family holiday in Philippines. She was only visiting family because she was studying in Manchester. Something she always wanted and my grandparents helped her with. And there was that, became pen pals for a while before they began going out. I honestly think they fall more in love with each other as they grow."

Harry smiled in contentment. She was surrounded by love stories. Surely, she must've had one of her own. "It's a good thing you were raised by parents who love each other that much. Affected you, didn't it?"

"Really did."

"What about your third brother? Elias, wasn't it?"

She nodded, "He's my baby," Nina chuckled, "He acts all tough but he's the softest person I know. He's only 15 but you can count on him to give you a good advice on anything."

"You know, it's nice to hear that you have a nice bond with your family. You seem very family oriented." Harry said as he took off his cap and put it on his jacket.

"I am." Nina smiled, "What about you?"

"Definitely. Wouldn't be where I am without them. My mum is the strongest person I know," He shook his head, "Would go to hell and back for her and my sister, Gemma."

"That's so sweet." She giggled softly before looking at him in confusion as he took off his tank top and was beginning to unbutton his trousers. "Uh, what are you-" She gulped, trying to look anywhere but his arms as they flexed. Or his chest. Or his back. Or his shoulders. Or his legs.

"Want to join me for a swim?"

She laughed, "I don't have a swimsuit on."

"Yeah?" He laughed, gesturing towards himself, "Neither do I."

She gave him a look, almost as if they were both having a conversation with their eyes — one that Harry won.

"Ah, fuck it." She muttered, putting her camera on his jacket before taking off hers.

Harry was a gentleman. He was raised to never make anyone uncomfortable. To never look at a woman like she was any less worthy than those he cared about.
But Harry was in awe.

In her mismatched undergarments, Nina kicked her trousers behind her before looking at Harry, unaware of his awestruck look.
"If the water's too cold, I'm going to kill you, Styles." She joked, walking towards him to stand beside him.

"Uh, um," He paused, clearing his throat, "Let's hope it isn't."

Walking together towards the water, Nina shuddered a little as the water touched her, pulling a face at Harry. They kept walking until the water reached Harry's chest and Nina's collarbones, their bodies getting used to the temperature.

"Breathing contest?" Nina grinned like a child, wide eyes excitedly staring into Harry's.

"It's on."

They counted to 3, both taking a deep breath before diving in.
They probably shouldn't have done that, parents warned about it, but they both opened their eyes underwater.

There were moments when Nina felt like she could do anything to have a love that was worthwhile, something as great as her parents' or a good rom-com's. She caught herself fantasising about it sometimes but as soon as she did, she snapped out of it.
She was all about the mundane stuff. Like grocery shopping with your partner, cooking with them, reading with them. And it seemed like swimming in a river with them was added to the list, despite that it wasn't the most mundane activity but she realised that she wanted to do that again with the next person she falls in love with.

She smiled, eyes crinkling and it was enough to have Harry mirror her actions before shooting up, her following as they both laughed. "I win!"

"You cheated!"

"Did not!" She gasped.

"You smiled!" Harry laughed heartedly, brushing his hair back with his hands.

"And what about it?"

"I smiled, too!"

"So how is this cheating?" She laughed.

"Just is." He poked his tongue out at her, giggling when she did the same.

"Hey, can you do this?" Nina asked before kicking her body slightly up and twirling, going down into the water as she did.

She was like a kid in the water, Harry realised that. And he found himself taking mental notes on how she seemed to love the water and how it definitely made her excited.

She went back up with her arms above her, a wide grin on her face, "Ta-da!"

He laughed as he clapped dramatically for her, bringing his fingers to his mouth to even whistle, the crinkles by his eyes no longer hidden as he looked at her as she dramatically waved to the nonexistent audience and blew kisses. "A true performer."

"You should let me come on tour with you. Be your opening act." She joked, "Just need a tub or something."

"You know?" Harry pointed at her, "That seems like a wonderful idea."

"Yeah? Would double the cash." She giggled, looking beside her at her hand as she glided it softly on the top.

"Actually, why don't you join me on tour? Photograph the whole thing?"

Her eyes widened, looking up at him before she let out a small chuckle of disbelief. "You want me to join your tour?"

Harry nodded, moving his hands underwater as a way to avoid touching her. Did you also know he was a sucker for physical contact? He was.

"Your album didn't even come out yet." She pointed.

"It will, eventually."

She paused for a moment, looking down before looking up at him with a small smile. "I don't know. I-" She sighed, "I'm sure touring with you would be incredible but I don't know. I don't really do tours and you haven't even seen the photos I took of you."

"I'm sure they're all great," Harry began, smiling at her, "And oi, no pressure. Remember what I said when we first met? You should always be comfortable."

Nina didn't know how or when but she found her arms around him, his around her, as they both hugged.
Something about their skin touching was enough to ignite something in both of them; a flame? A spark? Electricity?

Pulling away bashfully, Nina avoided eye contact. "We should uh, head back up there."

"Yeah," Harry nodded, clearing his throat, "Yeah."

They swam beside each other before they walked up, Nina letting out a tiny squeal as she hugged herself and crouched a little, making Harry laugh.
But instead of putting on her clothes right away, Nina stood straight and faced the sun, closing her eyes.

Stopping midway from grabbing his tank top, Harry stared at her.
She was the type of person you'd always find yourself staring at. Maybe because she was undeniably beautiful, maybe it was because she wasn't easy to read. Hell, maybe for no reason at all.
Harry found himself grabbing her camera and turning it on before bringing it up to his eyes, snapping a picture he knew he'd want to see.

The sound of shutter made Nina open her eyes before looking at him, a smile making its way to her face. "Did you just take a picture of me?"

"I think I did." He teasingly said, looking down at the camera to get the picture.
And surely, it looked beautiful.

"Not bad, Styles. Not bad at all." She said as she peaked at it before taking a hold of her camera and setting it down.

"We don't get much sun. Light's up, come enjoy it with me."

It seemed like all his heart did was flutter. Harry approached her, standing beside her before facing the sun and closing his eyes.

Nina looked beside her at him before softly and ever so gently wrapping her hand around his, causing his eyes to open to look at them. She pulled him to where she stood, her taking a step back.

"Step into the light."

It was quick, she let go of him.
And it was definitely in that moment that Harry felt like he needed his journal.

Shortly after they both had dried, they were grabbing their clothes and putting them on.

"I don't remember having that much fun during a shoot." Harry said as he shrugged on his jacket before holding his cap in his hands.

Nina smiled, taking her hair out of the back of her jacket. "Me, too. This was nice."

"Actually if you-" Harry paused for a moment, looking hesitantly at her, "If you don't have any plans, we can have lunch together."

Her stomach flipped. She thought about ways to nicely turn down a man who had been nothing but sweet and gentle, one that she definitely was scolding herself for for not keeping this more professional. Her heart was beating ten times more than it normally did, head racing with thoughts and memories that screamed at her to shake her head, the walls she was still building seeming to close in on her.

"I'd love to."

Mick🥬:
How was it??

Nini📷:
absolutely amazing.

Liked by harrystyles, alessandro_michele and 44,734 others.

ninamaye lights up

View all 6,012 comments

harrystyles ☀️🌸
View previous replies (2122)

username1 WHO IS SHE

username2 OH MY GOD HARRY COMMENTED

username3 i don't fucking care about what y'all say, i ship i stan

username4 if harry has a photoshoot that nina did, i would gladly die in peace and happiness

username5 lmfao ofc it's a model

username6 @username5 she's not a model, she's a photographer

//

DID YOU SEE WHAT I DID?
THE SINGLE IS SO GOOD I'M SHAKING I CAN'T STOP LISTENING TO IT!!!!

hs2 era is coming. and it's going to kill all of us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

372K 9.9K 30
( 🍝 ) - 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄 | in which harry styles decides to take a break from the music industry for about a year and moves to italy with his girlfr...
2.2K 84 3
in which you and Harry got matched for a penpal thing back in middle school (but it's been 10 years now since you've last corresponded and you'd pret...
91.1K 1.3K 105
(COMPLETED) started april 2021 - ended in february 2022 She just wanted a little fun, so she texted her number neighbor, turns out to be a lot more...
452K 9.2K 64
"you're never going to read this, are you?" ~~~~ Ellie Potts has it all. The friends. The grades. The perfect, stereotypical, Instagram life. ...