PLAYERS ||MAFIA AU|| βœ”οΈ

By staykooala

"You looked so fine in that dress..." I have to admit, his voice gives me the chills, his smooth hair tickles... More

β₯ Characters
β₯ 1
β₯ 2
β₯ 3
β₯ 4
β₯ 5
β₯ 6
β₯ 7
β₯ 8
β₯ 9
β₯ 10
β₯ 11
β₯ 12
β₯13
β₯ 14
β₯ Characters Pt.2
β₯15
β₯16
Characters Pt.3
β₯18
β₯19
β₯20
β₯21
β₯ 22
β₯23
β₯ 24
β₯ 25
β₯ 26
β₯27
β₯28
β₯29
β₯30 -The End

β₯17

1.6K 53 63
By staykooala

Y/N's POV- Present

Déjà vu is the first thing that comes through my mind as myself and Wooyoung step out of his luxurious car and into the shiny pathway towards the oh so familiar casino. Is as if nothing has changed but in this moment we are here on a mission, not to merely compete against each other like last time. The soft breeze gives me chills as we enter the fancy building, the unique scent filling our senses almost immediately, people all around us seem to be enchanted by their own gambling. I would be lying if I said this isn't thrilling in any way, although the scenario is perfect my whole situation stops me from thinking this is anywhere close to 'have a good time'.
The young gorgeous boy next to me doesn't get unnoticed by the commoners around here, the glares these women are giving me are of pure hatred and jealousy, it's then I realize he has been holding me by the waist as soon as we stepped in, it's clear I'm not in my right mind "Would you do me the favor of getting your dirty hands off me?!" My last functioning cells tell me that openly screaming at him isn't a smart thing to do, in public, so instead I simply whisper it to him which earns me a musical laugh. This guy is just so... ridiculously good looking when he laughs. His once charming focused gaze turns into a soft one as he holds my shoulders and stares into my soul "This mission isn't supposed to be tough so go along with me, ok love?" If this was any other context he would've been knocked out by now, but I'm pretty much this guy's puppet so... No one notice as I quickly and fiercely knee him where the sun doesn't shine. Is it bad if I say it's nice to hear him groan in pain? Meh.
After getting things straight, we both make our way towards my most dreaded table, the same one I once played against eight men with exorbitant good looks. It's seems like this EXO guys hasn't arrived yet, such a shame, but it doesn't stop me from gathering my chips and entering the game, alongside with this dummy of course. Urgh.
The opponents aren't any big deal, it's nothing compared to playing against an actual mobster, easy money is still money and the thrill is there but not burning up like the last couple of times. The only thing bothering me is knowing we'll have to face people much worse in no time.

Throughout the whole game Wooyoung's eyes wouldn't leave me alone, every so often a smirk would come around as well, for some reason that would give me what could be called butterflies  in my stomach. My eyes catch a glimpse of the boy's concentrated face and it leaves me breathless, did his pheromones suddenly increase by 1000%(is this even right)? He eventually notices me shamelessly staring at his stunningly good looks and I'm certain my face is quickly turning into a tomato, he only grins and keeps on playing. We keep this up for a while until his ever so happy face turns into a more serious one as his gaze is totally focused on something, or someone, behind me. When he finally stops creepily staring he looks at me and his face says everything. It's time.

Even with my back turned I can feel a crowd coming up behind me, all of the whispering kind of helped me to realize it as well. The gamblers on our table seem to be suddenly on edge by the arrival of EXO, all of them simply leave the table with all of their chips still here, which is something I would never do but this people are incredibly powerful, probably not good to piss them off. I search for Wooyoung's eyes telling me what to do but his attention is completely on someone else. Goosebumps rise in my arms as someone suddenly grabs it and turns me around roughly, a sweet voice filling my ears "Aren't you gonna leave, sweetie? This is our table." as I am face to face(or not cuz he's 174 cm) with the person who just intimidated me my mouth threatens to drop, it feels like I am looking at the cover of a fashion magazine, this greek god is dressed to perfection in a smooth blue suit and don't even get me started on his killer looks.

Saying that I blanked after getting a good view is way too little, he was smoking hot, I was so deep into his spell that my partner had to come for my rescue, "Hey, forgive my girlfriend Baekhyun-hyung, she's new in town so there's much she doesn't know about yet..." a suspicious look passes through the gorgeous man's  eyes and he smirks at us, why is everyone here blessed with divine faces and bodies?? "Jung...Wooyoung, right? You thought I would forget such a pretty face? And your girl here, does she play as well as you do?" this guy is sneaky, our purpose here is to mess with them but it feels like nothing we will do could amaze him enough to get pissed off. Wooyoung takes this opportunity to trap me again in his arms and confirm to our enemy that I am the best player he knows, which is simply great if you ask me, I am so excited to be here with a bunch of mafia members battling for unknown reasons. After affirming we are up for any challenge the rest of their group seems to surge from the corners of my vision and everyone of them are extremely attractive, it makes me question if being dazzling is a requirement for entering any mob.

Poker is my favorite game, I learned all of the rules with my father but it was mom who taught me how to read people, she would sit with me at the park and we would do some people watching, every now and then she would ask me if I noticed anyone who seemed special in any way, if the person looked happy or sad. We would basically spend the whole afternoon reading people, then we advanced to putting it into practice, noticing every expression dad made as he got new cards, for example, and eventually it became a habit of mine to always be so observing and focused on everyone's expression. Now I mostly use it for gambling and it's quite useful, only knowing the rules isn't enough to win, you need to learn how to read, for sure it's what made me addicted to this game in particular. 

There were seven of them and two of us, unfair if you ask, but it felt like there weren't two people in my team but only one since this freaking tick wouldn't leave my side for nothing it was clear he was trying to prove something to the gorgeous blonde, Baekhyun, but it's a shame for him because I am not one who allows people to throw me around, hell no. I smoothly take his arms out off my waist and direct myself to an empty spot where I start to gather my chips and get a good view at my opponents. One of them caches my attention the most, a dark haired man with dark eyes that makes me drown in them, his look is one I am very familiarized with: the look of a player, a gambler. 

Eventually all nine of us are all waiting for the dealer to hand us our cards so we can begin this certainly interesting round, although I am nervous I can't help but to be thrilled to be going against players on my level, they all seem comfortable here even tough, from what my little brain could gather, they are on enemy territory. I try my best to forget all of these men I am going against are mafia and one wrong move I make and they could easily kill me and hide my body forever, gotta keep calm. Each one of them is very indiscreet about their feelings, I can hear a few sighs of disappointment and also some really excited faces as they get their cards in hands. When I take a look myself I stay neutral as always, but inside I am a bit upset, a bad set of cards right on the beginning is a mood killer. The handsome brunette comes to check me out with his beautiful orbs and my brain almost does a backflip when he gives out a tiny giggle, his expression is so pure, omo I am in looove. GEE, I need to get my head on the game.

The first time I pass, not wanting to go out and bluff head on, that would be a bit unnecessarily awkward since it's too obvious to do it on a first round, I won't succumb to their beauty, I shall remain steady and chill. The only thing I'm finding strange, apart from all the stuff going on, is my usually so talkative and happy partner is now reflecting over his moves from time to time, not once does he looks my way to send me a signal or whatever. Do they really hate each other? For me, someone who doesn't have much friends or family, it's hard to absolutely hate somebody, guess when you're part of the mob it's easier to make allies but even more to turn people against you and to hate you. 

All of this gambling is making me thirsty, especially with all of these gorgeous men around me, when a pretty waitress comes by to hands us drinks I gladly accept a glass of champaign, do you think that all of this time coming to casinos I would never had a sip of alcohol? You are right, maybe I am simply feeling bold because I'm suddenly surrounded by players on my level but if I am as good as I think one drink won't disturb my great performance. Something feels wrong, as I take a sip, a cute blonde member with a gummy smile grins largely at me and instead of grinning back I can only feel suspicious at everyone's actions.

When I think the game is starting to get a bit tedious, only a tad because I would never get bored of looking at all of these men, the crowd starts to get all baffled again. Two very well dressed men clear the way with only their gaze as ammunition, the players nod in recognition of their own, it seems there are now nine of them and only two of us. Great. After analyzing almost everyone in the table, the tall man, with an extremely sexy and messy silver hair, who has just arrived, eventually notices me and after whispering something to his very intimidating colleague he walks up to our table and starts to blatantly watch my every move. His intense gaze meets mine and he only licks his lips in response while still staring me up and down, ok whatthehellisgoingonnamjesushelpmeplease.

 His action doesn't go unnoticed by a very scary jealous Wooyoung, who is now even more focused than before on trying to find a way to win this damn game, maybe I can make it easier to him. When my turn arrives I gather all of my inner confidence and don't even think twice as I smoothly say the two magic words in the game of poker: "All in.". This is the time a person like me has to be as high on alert as possible, it's my turn to shamelessly look around the room and read every single one of them, my eyes keep going to the guy who challenged us, a Baekhyun if my memories serve me right, the serious but also giggly brunette and the gummy smile blonde. Could any of them call it as well? My hand is simply good, could it be beat? Hm, the odds are small but it's definitely possible. My unexpected move make them a bit on edge, fumbling with their cards to see if they could win against me or not, no one wants to be a coward at this moment so I only wait and as I see, lady luck is on my side. 

When my three favorite target's turns comes I start to feel a bit dizzy, my previous wave of excitement quickly dies down and my vision goes blurry. The room is spinning, without being able to keep myself standing I grab onto someone's arm and hold tight. I close my eyes and wait for it to go away but this awful feeling never does, as if to stress my senses even more, the loud sound of a gun being fired echoes in my ear. As I open my eyes I realize my body lays numb on the ground, my weakened state makes me wonder if I got shot, but I can't tell. Screams and gunshots are making my ears sting so badly, trying to stand up is clearly useless, I open my eyes just in time to feel someone really strong carrying me away from this chaos, my hands clumsily search for this man's neck so I can hold on to him. I feel myself drifting in and out of consciousness until my mind can't take it anymore and simply shuts out.

----------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Heyyy dears, don't hate me for this.

Why can't I finish properly without having to end with these CLIFFHANGERS?

Oh, who do ya'll think got Y/N?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

217K 4.6K 14
What happens when an idol asks for y/n's number? Working two jobs to support her sister and herself, a stranger asks for y/n's number. Turns out it w...
2.3M 117K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
7.6K 206 16
A story where Y/N falls in love with her best friend. But did she know that her best friend was already in love with her? | COMPLETED | [Yunho ff] οΏ½...
82.8K 2.6K 31
+ a lot of ATEEZ, NCT & GOT7 βœ…completed At first her new start seems fated to be what she was actually born to do. The back streets of Seoul raise...