Begin Life a New (Korra x Mal...

By PapaHet1911USA

In this story, you are a young firebender (age nineteen) who has just arrived at Republic City. Where benders... More

Chapter 1: New in Town
Chapter 2: You're Hired
Chapter 3: Avatar Korra - Part One
Chapter 4: Avatar Korra - Part Two
Chapter 6: The Dream
Chapter 7: Goodbye Mom, Goodbye Dad

Chapter 5: Love Triangle

6.5K 63 53
By PapaHet1911USA

Your POV:

A couple hours passed. It's dark out right now. Korra and I were walking around checking out the galleria. You know, one of the things I've always loved, was the guitar.

Some of my favorites songs to play on the guitar, were The Unforgiven and Fade to Black. Both songs were written by my all time favorite band, Metallica. Ever since my parents died that night, I've been thinking about those two songs quite a lot.

So, when we went passed the music store, I saw a really nice black electric guitar sitting at the window display. I saw that the store was going out of business, and it had one of those "everything must go" banners above the doorway, which means I could get that guitar along with the amp for a good deal.

You: "Hey korra, I'll be right back." I told her as I was headed towards the music store. I wasn't going to pass up an opportunity like this, especially since I lost my old guitar in the fire.

Korra: "Where are you going?" She asked me with a confused look on her face. I was just at the doorway when she asked me.

You: "Just stay right there, I want to grab something while I have the chance." I told her before looking at the guitar again. I want to be sure I get it before anyone else beats me to the first punch.

Korra: "What are you getting, (M/N)?" She asked.

You: You'll see when we all get back to the mansion." I said before rushing into the store.

I saw Korra sit down on the bench. I turned around and walked towards the checkout.

You: "Exuse me, how much is that black guitar along with the stool-sized amp?" I ask the cashier.

Cashier: "The guitar is twenty-five yuans, and the amp is ten yuans." The cashier said looking at the guitar and the amp. Okay that's good. I still have fourty yuans left from lunch.

You: "Awesome. I'd like to buy them both, please." I said to the cashier. "Alright, just let me grab it for you." He told me walking out from behind the counter. He walked towards the window display, grabbed the guitar, the case, and the amp, and brought it back over to the table.

You: "Do you have change for fourty yuans?" I asked only because I have two twenty-yuan bills.

Cashier: "I sure do." He answers back. I hand him the money, he put it in the register, and he gave five yuans back.

Cashier: "Would you like your stuff in a bag sir?"

You: "You can just put the amp in a bag. I'll the guitar in the case." I replied. So he put the amp in a bag along with the cords for it, I put the guitar in and lock the case.

You: "Thank you".

Cashier: "Your welcome" He replied back. I take the bag off the counter, and I walk outside of the store.

I head back to where Korra was waiting for me, and I see Asami sitting right next to Korra. I think I might have a thing for Asami too. Oh well, I'll deal with it later. I hope they like what I have planned. I really want to show them what I can do on a guitar.

*5 Minutes Earlier*

Korra's POV:

I walked over to the bench and I sat down as I watched M/N walk in the music store. I looked up at the snow covered skylight. I zoned out for little bit. There's something that I really like about (M/n.) It's as though I'm somewhat attracted to him, but I highly doubt that he feels the same way about me. I was soon broken out of my trance when I heard someone speak to me.

Asami: "Hey, Korra. What are you doing, sitting here by yourself?"

I looked to see Asami walking towards where I was sitting.

Korra: "Nothing, I'm justing waiting on (M/N.)" I said to her as she sat down next to me.

Asami: "Where'd he go?" She asked me.

Korra: "He just went grab something from that music store overthere." I told Asami.

I see M/N standing at the checkout. He must be waiting on the cashier to get whatever he asked for.

Asami: "So, what happened to your cheek." She asked me.

She clearly noticed that I was holding a red stained napkin on my face because of that asshole shady Shady Shin.

Korra: "Me and (M/n) ran into Shady Shin while we were at the food court. I called him a prick and he started causing a ruckus, but then, he cut my cheek up and then (M/n) stepped in and scared some sense into him. He wasn't very happy when Shin cut me like that back there ." I explained to her.

Asami: "So, I see. It seems to me like he really cares about you, Korra." She said sounding rather impressed by what I said, and in all honesty, I'm rather attracted to it. Oh well, I'll deal with it later.

Korra: " Well, we've been friends for a long time, and we haven't seen each other in ten years. Before we got to the food court, He said that he is very loyal to those he cares about, and damn did he prove it." I told Asami.

Asami: "I'll say. He seems to be quite the fighter." She said.

She was not lying. He has that fighting instinct of a protector. You need friends like that.

Korra: "You know something, he's a really good guy."

Asami: "I think so too. I'm glad he ran into us, when he came here."

Korra: "Me too, Asami."

Looks like I'm not the only one who likes, (M/n). I really don't want to have to compete with her over (M/n). She's my friend, and I still remember how things were between me and her over Mako. The last thing I want is for that to happen again.

Asami: "So, did he tell you why he came here?" She asked. I saw a sad look on her face. She must be talking about how (M/N)'s parents died in that fire.

Korra: "Yeah, he told me on the way here. He didn't say when it happened though."

Asami: "It happened two weeks ago."

Two weeks, I can't believe it was that recent. It's probably still fresh in his mind.

Korra: "Jesus Christ, it was that recent?!"

Asami: "Yeah. You know, I'm suprised he held in his emotions for this long. If anything, it has me worried about him. Keeping your emotions bottled up like that really isn't healthy."

Korra: You're right, Asami. I can't even imagine what goes through his head whenever he thinks about it. He seems okay. But, believe it or not, he's hurting. He needs someone to shoulder his emotions, and we need to be there for him when he reaches his limit."

Asami: "And we will, Korra. When he does, we'll reassure him that he's not alone."

And she's right. (M/n)'s not alone. He might not seem like the kind of person to show himself grieving, but I can tell that he is grieving. He's isn't really all that good at hiding the fact.

*Small Timeskip*

I think I should probably talk to Asami about my feelings for (M/N). Because I really like him, and I need advice. I just hope she can help me out. But, I she think she likes him too. I might as well ask her.

Korra: "Hey, Asami?"

Asami: "What's up?"

Korra: "I need your help with something."

Asami: "What is it, Korra?"

Korra: "Normally, I don't talk about things like this, but, I think I might have feelings for (M/N), and..." That's when I started to hesitate.

Asami: "..and what?" She asked me. "And when we try to console him when he's thinking about his parents, I don't want to confront him about my feelings for him, because then it will seem like I'm trying to manipulate his emotions when he's in that state." I explained to her.

Asami: "Well, the best advice I can offer you is this. You should tell him how you feel, when you think the time is right."

Korra: "And there's something else that I have to ask. Now, don't take this the wrong way, but do you happen to have feelings for him too by any chance?"

Asami: "I'm sorry to say but, I do have feelings for him." She answered. I was afraid she would say that, because not only would our friendship be at stake, but it would put (M/N) in a bad position if he likes us both. But, he's really smart, and I'm sure he would figure something out.

Korra: "That's what I was afraid of."

Asami: "Why is that, Korra?"

Korra: "Not only does that put our friendship at risk, but it put also puts (M/n) in a bad spot."

Asami: "What do you mean?"

Korra: "Well think about, we both have feelings for him, and if he feels the same way about the both of us, then, he's going to have to choose between me and you. Now, I know he would never want to hurt either of us. But if it comes down to that decision, then, he's going to be forced to do it regardless, and I don't want to see him dealing with that kind of pressure."

Asami: "I see what you mean, and I don't want to put him under that kind of pressure anymore than you do."

Korra: "I'm glad that you understand, Asami. I don't want to have to compete with you over a guy that I'm into. I mean, you're my friend."

Asami: Yeah, I'm just relieved that we see eye-to-eye on the situation. Besides, if it has me concerned about anyone, it's (M/N)."

Korra: "I know. I'm worried about him too, but he's really smart. So, if it does come down to making that decision, I'm confident that he'll think of something."

As I finish speaking, I see (M/N) coming out of the music store.

Your POV:
I walk out of the store back to where Korra was sitting. I see that Asami was there, sitting with her. I should probably ask her for advice about Korra. I'm sure if she feels the same way about me though. Oh well, I'll deal with it later.

You: "Hey, Asami. What are you doing here?" I asked her while I set the stuff down to catch my breath. Most of the weight was from the amp.

Asami: "I was looking for you and Korra. I wanted to see wha you guys are up to." She answered.

You: "I was just grabbing something before we left. I saw this guitar sitting at the window display. I been wanting a new guitar ever since I lost my old one in the fire, when my parents died that night."

"...but when I saw the "everything must go" banner hanging above the entrance to the store, I knew that I could get it for a really good deal, and I just couldn't pass up on an opportunity like that. I promise, I'll pay you back as soon as possible."

Asami: "It's okay, (M/N). You don't have to pay me back."

You: "Are you sure, Asami?"

Asami: "Of course. You forget, I run a multi-million yuan auto company. It's no trouble."

You: "Well, if you say so, but thanks, Asami."

It still didn't feel right, not paying her back.

Korra: "Can we see the guitar, (M/N)?"

You: "Sure, just let me get it out of the case."

I got the guitar out of the case and I handed to Korra. She looked at it for a good while.

You: "What do you think?"

Korra: "Looks really nice, (M/N)."

You: "I know, right? And I got it for a good price too. I couldn't pass up on an opportunity like that."

Asami: "Hey, is anyone starting to get tired, because God know I am."

You: "Yeah, I'm just about ready to call it a night."

Asami and Korra both got up from the bench as I put the guitar back in the case.

Korra: "Alright, let's go."

We went to look for Mako, Bolin, and Opal. It wasn't long before we found them. We told them that we were heading home, and then they followed us out of the galleria. We walked towards the car, I put my stuff in the trunk, climbed in the backseat next to Korra, Asami started the car, backed out of the parking spot and we headed home.

To Be Continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

960K 31.9K 59
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
911K 38.5K 80
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
659K 21.2K 41
แ€แ€›แ€ฌแ€ธแ€แ€„แ€บ แ€•แ€ญแ€ฏแ€†แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€แ€ฝแ€„แ€บแ€ทแ€›แ€–แ€ญแ€ฏแ€ท แ€€แ€ผแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ธแ€…แ€ฌแ€ธแ€™แ€ญแ€›แ€ฏแ€ถ แ€œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€•แ€ซ. แ€œแ€ญแ€™แ€บแ€Šแ€ฌแ€•แ€ผแ€ฎแ€ธ แ€กแ€•แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€šแ€ฐแ€™แ€ญแ€แ€ฒแ€ท แ€กแ€แ€ฝแ€€แ€บ... ...แ€™ แ€€แ€ญแ€ฏ แ€™แ€™แ€ฏแ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€€แ€บแ€•แ€ซแ€”แ€ฒแ€ท....
106K 2.1K 31
In the whirlwind world of basketball and broken promises, Nailea finds herself at a crossroads as she prepares to transfer to the same college as Pai...