Fighting Together (BNHA x Mal...

By alphafox270

The events of the USJ have left an impression on all of the students of class 1-A, however, when it comes to... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 5

2.7K 67 72
By alphafox270

(3rd Person)

True to the predictions, Sofia Yuko did in fact give up her spot in the Sports Festival... it took a lot of convincing from Mark and maybe promising a favour or two in the future, but Sofia allowed (Y/N) to participate. She merely stated that compared to having a chance to be seen destroying villains rather than future heroes, this Sports Festival was simply a small chance for the future heroes to be recognised.

Currently, it was the day of said event with the whole of Class 1-A, even Mark and Sofia in the room all gearing themselves up, either physically or mentally. The usual trio sat at a table, well... Mark and Sofia were the ones sitting, (Y/N) was currently doing as many push-ups as he could to warm himself up.

Mark: From what I heard, the whole thing is divided into three main events. The first and last event are always the same: a race and a tournament, it's the second event you need to worry about considering that one is always left up to random chance according to the info I got from Mom.

Sofia: Heh... it's child's play either way, I suppose I made the right decision in not joining, it wouldn't be any fun if there wasn't anyone who could keep up with me. Of course, the only guy who can keep up is (L/N) and he barely keeps up as it is.

Mark: May I remind you that it was (Y/N) who defeated Karma, not us? We got caught by her quirk the first time we met her.

Sofia: So did he!

Mark: But the difference is: he's the one who put a hurting on Karma and we were defeated by a simple trick.

Sofia grumbled, looking away as everyone else in the room grew deadpan looks at seeing (Y/N) continuing his push-ups.

Sero: So uh... any chance we could forfeit?

Kirishima: Why? What's got you so ready to back out suddenly bro?

Sero: Well, take a look over there. That's a guy who not only brutalised a villain, but has the strength to basically break your bones with a single flick of his finger, do you really think we can win against that!?

Bakugou: Idiot! Strength isn't the only thing you need! If that scarf idiot relies only on his power, he's going to lose to people who use their brains as well as their muscles, like me.

Kaminari: You use your brain...?

Bakugou: Oh screw off! I don't want to hear that from the guy who turns into an idiot every time he uses his quirk!!

The door to the room opens, and everyone stops talking or exercising to see their class president at the door with his usual serious face.

Iida: Prepare yourselves, we're going to head up soon.

At that, (Y/N) pushes himself to his feet, and everyone took deep breaths, trying to calm their nerves.

Todoroki: Midoriya...

Everyone looks over to see the two colour haired Todoroki now in front of Midoirya, his face a deep glare which got everyone on edge.

Todoroki: Know this... no matter how good you do in this tournament, I will be the one to defeat you. Statistically speaking, I've gained the advantage over you, however, that doesn't mean I'm going to go easy on you. All Might has his eye on you, almost as if you are his private disciple or something, my goal is to become the number one hero myself, so if the current number one hero has his eye on you, that means you too have the potential. It's why I need to defeat you, to show to everyone that I am stronger... I apologise for taking your time, but I wished to let you know of your imminent defeat.

The tension got thicker because of that, Kirishima went to calm them down... but was shoved aside by Bakugou who stared at Todoroki with what seemed to be a disappointed look.

Bakugou: You've got it wrong, Icy-hot, if there's anyone who needs to be defeated in this tournament so you can be seen as the strongest, it's me. I'm the one who'll reach first place... so take this as a warning, cause I'm not worried about you... but... I do have something to say to another bastard here.

The students' faces grew pale as Bakugou's glare was directed towards none other than one of the predicted winners of the tournament, (Y/N) merely stared back with a raised eyebrow, a lollipop stick hanging out his mouth.

Bakugou: Those extras from the other classes made a good point, you three are the big ones to take down... but since only one of you is in this thing, I gotta focus my strength on you... that only makes my job much easier to crush you. You better keep that scarf somewhere safe, because if you're not careful... I might turn it to cinders.

(Y/N) cracked his neck, looking at Bakugou with a dismissive look before huffing and turning away... obviously that didn't sit well with the fiery student... however, he was quickly pulled away by none other than the only person he can tolerate: Kirishima.

Kirishima: Ok! This isn't a good time to make grudges like this! We're supposed to be having fun, right?

Todoroki: You may see it as an opportunity to have fun, but for some, it's an opportunity to show the world you're not a child, but a hero waiting to make his debut.

Midoriya: Todoroki... it's true, I'm much weaker than you. I don't have as many talents as many people in this room do, I don't have your incredible quirk, I don't have Yaoyorozu's astonishing intelligence and I don't have (L/N)'s overwhelming strength. Compared to some amazing people here, I don't see a chance of making it past the first round.

(Y/N) and Kirishima frown in disapproval at that, the latter even placing a hand on his shoulder in concern.

Kirishima: Hey, Midoriya dude, don't talk down to yourself like that...

Midoriya: But even so... I'm still participating, I'm still going for the top spot and I'm still going to fight. Because at the end of the day, it doesn't matter if I don't have the wonderful gifts everyone else has... I will become a hero, even if it means I need to work my whole life to surpass even one person... that's why Todoroki... that's why this promise is going both ways. I will defeat you at this festival, and you won't be able to stop me.

Another tense silence, but this one is also filled with shock as they saw the timid and stuttering Midoriya looking pretty much like a hero as both he and Todoroki stare each other down. All the while Bakugou looks over at (Y/N) and scoffs as he sees the scarf wearer's not even looking his way.

Mark: Geez... I thought this was supposed to be a fun school event.

Sofia: They're taking it too seriously, it's not like you'll die if you fail at this event, good thing (L/N) has a cool head. Unlike a certain someone...

Said someone immediately appeared in Sofia's face, their eyes white with rage and their teeth gritted.

Bakugou: The fuck you say, you pathetic excuse for a future hero!?

Sofia: You got wax in your ears too? Just another negative thing about your dumb ass!

Bakugou: Come on and say that to my face in the tournament part! I'll rip you to pieces!

Sofia: Not before I turn your bones into dust!!!

The two growled at each other, butting heads while everyone could see the animals behind them, Bakugou being a fierce dog and Sofia being an uncontrollable tiger.

Mark: Do you two seriously have to do this before the thing starts?

Bakugou/Sofia: You shut your mouth you extra!!

Bakugou: Hey! That's what I say, you little copycat!

Sofia: A single word can't be owned by you, moron!

With sighs, everyone left the room, following Iida while in the background the two continued to argue... somehow still with their heads against each other and walking sideways without walking into any walls. Their arguing quickly ceases as a much louder sound (Somehow), could be heard by all the students.

Iida: We're close to the arena, Yuko, Bakugou, please at least attempt to act like normal students.

Bakugou: Hey... does that mean you're calling us weird, extra?

Sofia: I think he is calling us weird, that's really rude of him, isn't it?

Bakugou: Extremely...

Iida began to sweat and didn't dare look back at the two piercing glares... but they were quickly stopped by a pair of hands chopping the back of their heads, the two looked back angrily to spot Kirishima and (Y/N) standing there with looks of disapproval... before the two suddenly grabbed their cheeks, pulling on them and instantly stopping any sort of outburst to come from them... effectively calming the two down.

Present Mic: And now...! Introducing the class that everyone's been waiting for!

Iida: That's the cue, now, stop arguing and ready yourselves!

After rubbing their cheeks slightly, the two troublemakers growled and huffed before making a slight effort to look presentable... only for Sofia to suddenly get grabbed by the back of the neck and pulled away... the perpetrator of course being Mark.

Sofia: Oi, Killa! What the hell!?

Mark: We're not allowed to be seen, remember? Come on, we're heading to the stands... (Y/N)... come see me when you've gotten to the final part... I've got something I want to give ya.

With that, Mark dragged a still kicking Sofia away as everyone ignored and prepared themselves, taking deep breaths and composing themselves before their leader Iida walked forward first, allowing everyone else to follow, their darkness now illuminated by the bright light of the sky, (Y/N) looked up to see a full arena with people cheering down once the class was revealed to the world.

Present Mic: They are the class who infamously survived the villains, U.A's very own celebrities from the hero course: class 1-A!

A massive cheer thundered its way through the arena, some students looked up in shock... some looked at the crowds with smiles and waves while a few simply kept walking forward, not even caring.

Present Mic: Don't just keep your eyes on one class though, we have a whole bunch of promising young heroes! Like also from the hero course: Class 1-B!!

After hearing that, (Y/N) looked over to see Kendo leading her class to where his class was, he was happy to see Kendo smile at him and wave a hello... as he went to copy her and greet her back, his hand was brought down quickly by Jiro who glared at the orange-haired girl.

Present Mic: That's not all! They may not be from the hero course, but they're still just as heroic! From the general studies course: Classes 1 C, E and D!!!

Only one face (Y/N) recognised out of all of the students, and it was that very purple-haired student who basically led the mob that time ago... if anything he should have a problem with Sofia and not him so he didn't worry too much about the student.

Present Mic: We also got the support unit of our school! Class 1 F, G and H!!!

No one seemed to stand out to (Y/N)... well... almost no one as one girl had a complicated looking thing strapped to her head that seemed to be a pair of goggles.

Present: Finally, Business course's 1 J, K and L!! All of U.A's first years are here at last!!!

With that settled, (Y/N) hummed as he saw a teacher he hadn't seen before step onto the stage... luckily, the whispers among the male crowd and students immediately allowed him to recognise her as Midnight, a hero who teaches History.

Midnight: Let's begin with the student pledge!!

(Y/N): 'Student... pledge?'

Noticing his confused look, Midoriya turned to him with a nervous smile, getting his attention by waving slightly.

Midoriya: It's something that happens before we begin the events, a student is picked out of all the courses to represent us, and deliver a pledge... usually it's the highest-ranked student of the first years and they deliver a speech about having a good time.

Midnight: And the student delivering the pledge, is Class 1-A's very own powerhouse, (Y/N) (L/N)!!!

(Y/N) went slightly wide-eyed at that, so did the other members of the class.

Midoriya: It must be because you got first place in the entrance exam... do you want me to tell Miss Midnight that you won't be able to do it?

But, Midoriya and the rest of 1-A were surprised to see (Y/N) walk past Midoirya, heading right for the stage.

Mineta: Hey, he's not serious, right? I mean the guy can't talk!!

Yaoyorozu: Correction, it's not that he can't talk Mineta, he just doesn't talk. I would stop him... but this is a rare opportunity...

Jiro: Yes... a very rare opportunity...

Tsu: Yup... ribbit.

Kaminari: Uh... what rare opportunity?

Mina: Moron!!! It's an opportunity to hear what his voice sounds like! Rumours are that he spoke at the USJ, but not everyone here heard it! It's an opportunity to hear what he sounds like! A manly badass voice that would break his character image, or an innocent high-pitched one that would further his innocence!!

Kaminari: Ooh...

Suddenly, Yaoyorozu had created a recording device using her quirk, everyone looked over at her with deadpan looks.

Yaoyorozu: Oh, don't act like you wouldn't either...

Mina: You are so shamless...

Suddenly, Yaoyorozu created another recording device and dangled it in front of Mina who closed her eyes, looking away with a smug look.

Mina: Hmph! You have to do better than that to convince me to take it, you are so shameless indeed Yaoyorozu...

Kirishima: And yet, you're taking the recording device while not even looking.

Mina: Silence! We shall hear his voice and we shall hear it well!

During that debacle, (Y/N) had finally gotten onto the stage, Midnight stepping off the side... fidgeting slightly as she too was curious about the boy's voice... up in the stands where the teachers were, you could also see them leaning over slightly, not wanting to miss this opportunity. (Y/N) opened his mouth slightly, taking a slight breath and causing everyone to lean forward slightly... Yaoyorozu and Mina both pressing record with sparkling eyes...

Until (Y/N) suddenly pulled his notebook out, writing down in it before handing it to Midnight who grew a deadpan look and read out what it said.

Midnight: I pledge to prove you wrong...

Everyone immediately fell back in shock, their legs up in the air and twitching while (Y/N) earned a round of boos from everyone who wanted to hear his voice, Mark chuckled while watching in the stands.

Sofia: Prove you wrong?

Mark: Heh... I knew it.

Sofia: The hell are you talking about?

Mark: Take a look... there...

Mark pointed out a specific group of people, two adults and their two daughters who looked down at the boy with looks of conflict and slight anger... well, the adults did, the two daughters just tried to not look smug... but failed miserably.

Sofia: Don't tell me that's...

Mark: The very same, the family (Y/N) lives with. The sisters are ok, they treat him like a human being whereas those two always ignore or forget about him... it's even turned hostile from what I've learned from Lauren. He's using this Sports Festival, not only to show off to the heroes, but to his adoptive parents as well.

Sofia: He's making a mistake.

Mark: Huh?

Sofia: They ignored him before, right? Thought of him as nothing but quirkless and weak, so then... what do you think will happen when they see how strong he is? How do you think they will react? Does he think they'll finally notice him? That they'll finally accept him like their daughters have? No... if anything, this will only make it worse, they won't be able to ignore him sure. But, they'll live in fear instead, after all, they'll realise all the years they've put him through that silent torture of trying to get by on his own and they'll become fearful that after this, he'll try to take revenge... it's even possible... that they'll try to alienate themselves so much from him that he will one day come home to an empty house because they ran away from him, fearful of what he'll do.

Mark frowned at that, looking back at (Y/N) who was now having a bunch of students shouting at him... mostly the females who were eager to hear his voice, Mina even shook him back and forth, comical tears flowing as she most likely questioned their friendship for him to pull that kind of stunt.

Mark: No... it won't happen...

Sofia: It will happen... I... actually hate to admit this, but (Y/N) didn't help his situation, if anything he's only made it worse.

Present Mic: Alright! Let's get this show on the road with our first event! The race!!! It's a simple thing really, all contestants start in the arena and must run around the whole field before they circle back around to meet their finishing line right here in this arena!! The fastest 50 people are guaranteed a spot in the next round while everyone else is out! Are we all ready!!?

The crowd cheers, the students take another deep breath, lining themselves outside the starting point while Midnight raises her whip, or is it something else because it's way too small to be a whip.

Midnight: On your marks...

Everyone tenses, (Y/N) looks ahead with a frown, careful not to kill anyone by accidentally glaring.

Midnight: Get set...

Todoroki takes one last look at Midoriya, nodding to himself in determination while he began to feel his body's temperature drop slightly.

Midnight: Begin!!!

The race has begun, and the person to take first place will surprise you...

To be continued...

(A/N): And we're off! The beginning of the sport's festival has begun! And as you guys obviously could predict, (Y/N) was the person of the trio to participate in the festival. But, that doesn't mean he's automatically won... right? Anyways, thank you guys and gals so much for the continued support and as always: eat one or more brownies every day!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 3.2K 18
The world filled with super powers is no longer a fantasy, the most action however comes from Japan of course. We've seen plenty of flashy and powerf...
60.4K 808 65
I DO NOT OWN MHA/BNHA You graduated UA, and you were one of the best students. However, you weren't allowed to become a hero because of your dangerou...
301K 8.1K 32
γ€Žπ—§π—΅π—² π—½π—²π—Ώπ—³π—²π—°π˜ π—Ήπ—Όπ˜ƒπ—² π˜€π˜π—Όπ—Ώπ˜†...』 Her quirk changed everything the minute it appeared. "You will alway be a villain." "I know. That's...
137K 3.3K 24
BNHAXREADER The first like 10 chapters are short and badly written but the rest is good When Deku, Momo, Kirishima, Iida and todoroki went to go get...