𝐀 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓 | 𝘛𝘦𝘦...

Από skaikrurogers

in which Meilani McCall's werewolf problems only get worse after Derek becoming the new alpha of Beacon Hills... Περισσότερα

INTRO
1 | where in the world is lydia
2 | we need each other
3 | there's another wolf
4 | another day, another problem
5 | what the holy hell is that
6 | ninety-nine problems and three wolves are one
7 | everything is (not) fine
8 | houston, we have a problem
9 | operation: save lydia
10 | you're not gay
11 | killing people to death
12 | i'm the worst
13 | any other theories, sherlock?
15 | everything is ruined
16 | it's my party and i'll go crazy if i want to
17 | the truth about matt
18 | i didn't ask for any of this
19 | time's up
20 | masterplan
book three + ASK MEILANI QUESTIONS!

14 | gotta catch them all

2.4K 106 62
Από skaikrurogers

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝘨𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘢 𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮 𝘢𝘭𝘭

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Meilani paced back and forth in the animal clinic while she waited for Derek to show up. She had gone to the underground rave hang out earlier and she saw Matt was there with Jackson who was not himself. He had stared at the girl that handed out the tickets at the hidden elevator behind the building oddly, almost serial killer like. It unnerved Meilani and he hadn't even looked at her.

Derek pounded on the door and it snapped Meilani out of her thoughts, opening the door for him. She frowned when she saw Isaac was right behind him and entered the clinic with Derek. "What's he doing here?"

"I need him."

Meilani glared at the back of Isaac's head and closed the door, locking it behind her. "I don't trust him as far as I can throw him, which is pretty far."

"Yeah, well, he doesn't trust you either," Isaac quipped, entering Deaton's office with Meilani and Derek.

"Yeah and Derek really doesn't care. Now where's the vet? Is he going to help us or not?"

"That depends. Your friend Jackson. Are we planning to kill him or save him?" Deaton questioned, leaning against the other entrance to the office that lead to the back where the examination rooms were.

"Kill him."

"Save him."

Derek and Meilani both looked to each other with intense gazes. Clearly, Derek didn't get the memo that when Meilani said she would help Derek catch Jackson that didn't plan on killing him. There was a way to save Jackson and she was going to do it no matter what it took.

"Save him," Meilani stressed to Derek and turned back to Deaton. "We're gonna save Jackson, Deaton."

Deaton motioned for the trio to follow him into one of the examination rooms and he placed a wooden tray with multiple glass bottles onto the metal examination table. 

Derek gripped Isaac's hand that reached out to touch one of the bottles. "Watch what you touch."

Isaac held his hands up in defense and leant forward to lean his arms on the table. "So what are you? Are you some kind of witch?"

"No, I'm a veterinarian," Deaton corrected and placed the bottle he had picked up back down. "Unfortunately, I don't see anything here that's going to be an effective defense against a paralytic toxin."

"We're open to suggestions," Derek said.

"What about an effective offense?" Isaac suggested with a shrug.

"No, we already tried. I nearly took its head off and Argent emptied an entire clip into it. The thing just gets back up," Derek informed Deaton, sounding annoyed that they couldn't get anything to work on Jackson.

Deaton furrowed his eyebrows and leant his hands on the desk. "Has it shown any weaknesses?"

"Well, one - it can't swim."

"Does that go for Jackson as well?"

Meilani shook her head and crossed her arms. "No. He's the captain of the swim team."

"Essentially, you're trying to catch two people," Deaton explained and turned to grab a small medallion from the drawer behind him, holding one side of it up to Meilani. "A puppet... and a puppeteer. One killed the husband, but the other had to take care of the wife. Do we know why?"

"I don't think Jackson could do it. His mother died pregnant too, and she was maybe murdered. I think he couldn't let the same thing happen to someone else," Meilani said.

"How do you know it's not part of the rules?" Isaac countered, pushing himself up from the metal table. "I mean, the Kanima kills murderers. If Jackson kills the wife, then the baby dies too."

"Does that mean your father was a murderer?" Meilani inquired, raising an eyebrow at Isaac.

Isaac considered it for a moment and made a face that practically shouted he was indifferent to it. "Wouldn't surprise me if he was."

"Hold on," Deaton said, waving his hand to gain the trio's attention again. "The book says they're bonded, right? What if the fear of water isn't coming from Jackson, but from the person controlling him? What if something that affects the Kanima also effects its master?"

Issac blinked, watching as Deaton poured some of the brown, dirt-like powder around the medallion on the table. "Meaning what exactly?"

Meilani snapped her fingers and grinned, catching on to what Deaton's theory was. "Meaning we can catch them. Both of them."

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

"There has to be another way to get tickets, right?" Meilani asked Stiles as she, Scott and Stiles hopped out of his Jeep at school the next day. Tickets to get into the rave were seventy-five dollars a piece. Meilani had tried to sweet talk her way into getting Matt to give her the money, but clearly his crush on her wasn't enough to sway him into handing over money.

"It's a secret show. There's only one way, and it's a secret," Stiles remarked, earning him an eye roll from his girlfriend.

"Hey!" Matt called, walking up to the trio as he stepped onto the sidewalk from where he parked his motorbike next to the Jeep. "Do any of you know why no one's getting suspended after what happened the other day at school?"

Scott gave Matt an odd look and slapped a hand to his side. "Matt, just forget about it. Nobody got hurt."

Matt gestured to his head as he gave Scott an are you serious look. "I had a concussion."

"Well, nobody got seriously hurt," Stiles corrected.

"I was in the ER for six hours."

"Hey, do you want to know the truth, Matt? Your little bump on the head is about this high...," Stiles stopped to put his hand down on the sidewalk and strained his neck to look up at Matt from his awkward position. "...on our list of problems right now."

Meilani sighed and pulled Stiles back up by his ear and stepped closer to Matt. "Matt, are you okay?"

Matt smiled softly at Meilani and Meilani noticed Scott grip Stiles' backpack before he could launch himself at Matt for looking at Meilani as if she had put the stars in the sky. Only he got to do that. "Yeah, I'm fine now. So you didn't get any tickets last night either."

Meilani frowned and shook her head, glancing up at Matt from her eyelashes. "No, are they still selling?"

"No, but I did manage to find two online. I think you should buy them before they're gone. It'll be a shame if you miss it," Matt winked at Meilani and turned to walk away.

Stiles ripped out of Scott's hold and glared so hard at Matt's back that Meilani was shocked he hadn't burst into flames. "I don't like him! Babe, are you sure about this?"

"Last time, whoever's controlling Jackson had to kill somebody because he didn't finish the job, so what do you think he's gonna do this time?"

"Be there to make sure it happens. Man, I hate this."

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

Just after morning lacrosse practice that day, Meilani hung out with the boys in the locker room while they waited for Coach to come out and give them a speech before they could all get dressed and go off to class.

"Okay, does anyone know where the hell Jackson is and why he missed morning practice?"

Stiles nudged Meilani and she glanced up at him from her phone. "I thought I told you to keep an eye on him."

"Stilinski! Jackson?" 

Stiles blinked and shook his head, not expecting to be the one to be called on when Danny was in the room and was Jackson's best friend. "Sorry, Coach, I haven't seen him since the last time I saw him."

Coach Finstock stroked his chin, shooting Stiles a look. "Oh, and when was that?"

"The last time I saw him was definitely the time I saw him last."

"Again. Danny, tell Jackson no missing practice this close to the championships, okay?"

Danny tried to keep the amused smile off his face as Coach Finstock looked depressed over his shining star not being at the practice. "Sure, Coach."

"That goes for all of you. I should be coaching college," Coach Finstock grumbled, retreating back into his office.

"So, Danny, you have any extra tickets for that secret show?" Scott asked, leaning against the lockers that Danny sat in front of.

"Sorry, I only got two tickets myself."

"What, do you even have a date, man?" Stiles whined, gesturing to Meilani who could go with Danny. She was the one that needed to get into the show the most.

"Okay, okay. Hear me out - you gives the tickets, and you devote your life to abstinence and just -  "

Isaac grabbed Meilani and Stiles both back the back of their jerseys and held them at his side while Scott stumbled back in shock at the sudden appearance of the wolf. "How do you losers even survive?"

Meilani rolled her eyes and ripped Isaac's hand off her jersey. "What do you suppose we do, Isaac? I'm open to suggestions here because no one is even selling."

Isaac noticed something ahead of them and passed Scott's chest as he pushed past him to the other side of the locker room. "Wait here, ladies."

"Where is he - " Meilani broke off when Isaac shoved the kid across from them with three tickets to the secret show against the lockers and roughed him up until he handed over the tickets to Isaac and practically tore out of the locker room after.

Isaac walked back over and shoved the three tickets into Meilani's chest with a smirk. "Enjoy the show."

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

Meilani and Scott crept into the empty science lab after getting three frantic texts from Allison to meet her before they headed off to lunch with Stiles. She noticed the brunette pace in between the rows of lab tables and walked over to her with Scott. "Ali, hey. What's wrong?"

"My dad... he, um... he knows about the two murders. He knows that there are two killers, and he and Gerard - "

Meilani shook her head and waved her hand to dismiss whatever Meilani said. "If he knows, it's okay. It's fine. I'm actually more worried about your mom."

Allison furrowed her eyebrows and dropped her shaking hands to her sides. "What's that supposed to mean?"

Meilani awkwardly cleared her throat and scratched the back of her neck. "Um, so... remember when I got called to the principal's office during detention? She was the one that talked to me, and, uh, she was asking me all these questions about our friendship and your relationship with Scott. Like... really, really specific questions about your relationship with Scott. Then there were pencils being sharpened."

"Pencils?" Scott questioned, confused on what that had to do with what she said. He didn't even know Mrs. Argent spoke to his sister about any of their relationships with Allison.

"Just trust me. It was bad," Meilani said and huffed softly, frustrated with all the things that piled up at once. It was almost never ending drama at this point. 

"I think we should do something like - like - maybe be seen with other people?" Scott suggested, taking Allison's hand into his own.

Allison frowned and it was obvious she didn't like the sound of that. "Be seen dating?"

Scott nodded sadly and ran his thumb along her knuckles. "Maybe more."

Allison laughed humorlessly and her hand slipped away from Scott's as she paced slowly again. "I don't know how it happened or why I even said yes, but I'm actually supposed to hang out with Matt."

"Oh, oh great. That's perfect! Go out with him," Scott encouraged.

"Seriously?"

Meilani grinned and clapped her hands together, excited that this could even divert Matt's attention for a bit from her to Allison. "Yeah, and make a big deal about it in front of your mom, okay? Even kiss him if you have to."

"Come again?" Scott balked and turned to his sister with wide eyes. "I didn't agree to that."

"Kiss him? Scott?"

Scott squeezed his eyes shut when Meilani shot him a look. It had to be done if they wanted to get Mrs. Argent off their backs about their relationships with Allison. They weren't supposed to be friends or dating her and they Scott dated her and she was friends with her. Something Mrs. Argent couldn't know about. "Fine, yes. Kiss him if you need to make it look believable."

"Like, really kiss him?"

"Well, what's really kiss him like?" Scott asked.

Meilani quickly turned around when Allison walked over to Scott, grabbing his face and bringing him in for a passionate kiss. She waited a moment before she turned back around just as the two finished. "Yeah, don't kiss him like that."

Allison smiled softly and broke away from Scott with a hidden look that Meilani and Scott couldn't quite make out.

"What is it?" 

"Nothing," Allison whispered, stepping back from Scott and grabbed her bag. "I got to go."

"I love you," Scott called after Allison who just smiled at him and walked out of the room.

Meilani rose an eyebrow and crossed her arms, not liking the way that Allison had just acted. It was odd and she seemed almost... out of it. It was almost like she wanted permission to kiss Matt, which didn't make sense to Meilani. She knew Matt had flirted with Allison a few times because she had seen it, but Allison always shot it down or shook it off because she was with Scott. Now... something just didn't seem right to Meilani.

"You noticed how weird she was right? It wasn't just me?" Scott asked his twin, staring at the space that Allison had just been in.

"Just add it to the list of things that's going wrong in our lives," Meilani sighed and ran a hand through her hair.

Could their lives get any more screwed than it already was? Meilani was too scared to find out the answer to that.

AUTHORS NOTE

Hi hey hello

We are officially down to the last five episodes of Season Two! Well, four and a half since we are half way through Episode Eight at this point. I thought about doing the whole episode for this chapter, but thought this would be a good place to stop it and do all the good stuff next chapter. 

Buckle up, peeps. This ride has only just begun OOF

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

106K 2.8K 25
After everything that has happened to Clara and her friends, they all thought everything would go back to normal, well as normal as you can get in Be...
27.1K 1K 44
lottie bailey never expected to fall in love with her best friend, then again, she never thought her other best friend would turn into a werewolf and...
45.2K 1.2K 15
"I'll be with you from dusk till dawn. Baby, I'm right here." Meilani McCall had been through a lot throughout the past two years since she'd been tu...
25.4K 1K 40
BOOK 2 Emma McCall has survived her first summer in Beacon Hills. Two months of babysitting ticking-time-bomb Lydia Martin and worrying over the stat...