Glitch • BNHA x Reader

By sempiternal_stare

THIS STORY IS CURRENTLY BEING REWRITTEN. cover credit: @/salmonii_art on instagram ... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight

Chapter Two

62.1K 2.9K 6.7K
By sempiternal_stare

You were silent on the way to the Principal's office. You weren't quite sure what to think. You were calm enough that you could think coherently now, but it didn't stop you from worrying about what was going to happen to you. You couldn't just... tell them everything. They would think you were insane. You were sure you'd be sent to an asylum, where you'd most likely live out the rest of your days wondering if maybe you were crazy.

When you arrived at the office, you took a moment to look around. It was a way to give yourself a distraction from the situation at hand. There were a couple of posters- ones depicting the same buff man that had been shown in the nurse's office, and you tried to remember his name.

After a brief moment of consideration, you came up with nothing. Your memory had failed you. You couldn't entirely blame yourself, though. It had been years. It wasn't your fault that you had forgotten almost everything about the series. The few things you did remember revolved around the villains. They had always been your favorites. You had a soft spot for them.

You had always been a fan of studying people's behaviors, and in the case of most of the villains in the series, rejection from society had led to resentment. It was what had made them who they were. You vaguely remembered turning in an essay about it for your freshman english class. You felt your face grow hot with embarrassment at the memory. You had gotten an A for it- however bad it may have been. It was a little funny to remember. Funny, but mostly embarrassing.

A grunt from the pro hero next to you snapped you back to reality. The mouse (?) had sat down, and was motioning for you to do the same. You hesitatingly obliged, fiddling with your thumbs as you sat down in the cushioned red chair at the other side of his desk.

You still couldn't quite get over how big he was. Yes, he was small compared to you, but it was extremely jarring for you to see a three foot talking animal. You felt like you were in a cartoon- which, you kind of were. You wondered what exactly he was. You supposed that being an amalgamation of different animals made him a chimera.

Regardless of that, you went back to analyzing your current situation. Aizawa was currently standing next to you- presumably to make sure you wouldn't bolt like you did in the nurse's office. To be honest, you were still tempted to. This was a conversation you really didn't want to have right now.

The chimera said your name, and you looked at him, trying your best to remain calm. You distantly wondered if your brother was okay. You missed him. You missed the simplicity of what things were. "We have a few questions for you. Are you able to give us the correct answers?"

You already didn't like the way he phrased the question. "The correct answers," he'd said. As if you were capable of giving a wrong one. He wanted you to tell him what he expected- what he wanted to hear. You weren't sure that you were capable of doing that. You took a deep breath, sorting out your options. You could either tell the truth- that you were from a different world- or you could leave out those details and play the role of a helpless girl with an uncontrollable and undefinable quirk.

You made your decision, giving him a curt nod in answer.

"What is your full name?" he asked, setting down a clipboard with a piece of paper attached to it. He grabbed a ballpoint pen, abnormally large paw poised to begin writing. You supposed that he was filling out a report of some sort.

You gave him your name, and he nods, jotting down your response onto the paper.

"What is your family like?" He continued, tapping his pen against the paper. At the mention of your family, you froze. You had no intention of telling him about your neglectful parents or starry eyed little brother. Just thinking about them- about your younger sibling- made you want to cry. The idea of never seeing him again suddenly became very real, and you looked down at your lap, pushing back the tears that pooled in your eyes.

"I don't see why that's relevant," you told him after a brief period of silence. Let him think what he wanted. You didn't particularly care what he assumed of you after you said that.

A dreadful silence filled the room, and you half expected to be lectured for your less than polite response. Instead, Nezu nodded, giving you a look that you couldn't quite place. A look that might have even been considered to be understanding. He cleared his throat, continuing with his questions. "Do you have a quirk?"

"No. No one has one where I'm from," you finally said. You had decided on telling the truth. Maybe they'd think you were crazy, but that was a risk you were willing to take. You would do anything to get back to your brother. You would do anything if it meant that you could keep him away from your parents. If that meant sounding manic in front of a talking bear and his dark eyed companion, then so be it.

"And where are you from?"

You stated your home country's name, and then quickly followed up with the city you were born in. You knew that giving out that information would be a double edged sword. From what you knew, while certain countries existed in this particular universe, the cities that you had been familiar with may not. Based on the look Nezu gave Aizawa, he had no idea what city you were talking about. You took a deep breath, awaiting his response.

Finally, after a skeptical look, Nezu sighed. "Quirks have been reported all over that country."

You shook your head. "You don't understand. We aren't talking about the same place."

They gave you a look, and Nezu motioned for you to continue. You hesitated. You knew how this was going to sound- and how any rational being would respond to your circumstance. "You won't believe me."

When no one responded, you decided to just go for it. "I think I'm from another universe. Or maybe this is a dream and I just don't know it. My country doesn't have quirks because quirks don't exist there. None of this does. You're all fictional characters inside of a manga series. I don't know what's happening, if I'm being honest. All I know is that I was eating my breakfast, and then I was here."

Whatever they'd been expecting to hear- that clearly wasn't it. Nezu frowned deeply, and gave you a troubled glance. "I can see now that you're deeply confused. I think I know someone who can get you some help-"

"I can prove it," you blurted out, desperate to keep yourself from being locked up in some sort of mental facility. You'd been in one of those before, in your own universe. You knew that they weren't the nicest. Especially considering your situation. Staff tended to treat more... delusional patients like toddlers. "The buff guy... All Might? Yeah, All Might. He was born quirkless. He was given a quirk by his mentor, and now he passed it down to Izuku Midoriya. I couldn't have ever gotten this information on my own- unless what I'm saying is true, right?"

Nezu blinked. Then blinked again. "You're from a different universe."

You nodded aggressively. "I'm from a different universe."

You were stressed as hell. This entire situation had your anxiety going absolutely bonkers. You wanted to scream. Suddenly, the lights were too bright, and the sound of talking too loud. Your breaths became shallow, and then it happened. Your body warped. It was as if your being an anomaly made the universe try and delete you out of existence. You looked at your hands, only to see that they were glitched.

You couldn't help it. You screamed, trying to push yourself up, only for your hand to go through the desk. So you sat there instead, hyperventilating and trying not to send yourself back into a panic attack. You were so, so over this. You wanted to go home. You wanted to go back to school, even. You would give anything to get back- to wake up. And then, as soon as it had started, it stopped, and you were solid again. As if nothing had ever happened in the first place.

You whipped your head back towards Nezu, wide eyes filled to the brim with panicked tears. "What the fuck was that?"

Nezu hummed- far too calm for your liking. "You aren't supposed to be here on this world. The atoms making up your body are reacting badly to this environment- your body knows that this isn't the right universe, per say."

You waited for him to continue, but he looked uncertain. You wanted to shout at him to keep going. After what seemed like an eternity, he did- and you wished he hadn't. "My guess is that if you stay in this world without a way to help your body adjust, you might be at risk of spontaneous combustion or glitching out existence."

Your body glitched again at his words. "I'm sorry, what?"

You're going to die here, the voice in your head said. You're going to die alone in a world where no one will bother to remember you. You're never going to get back home. You're never going to see your brother again. You're going to be torn apart from the inside out and there's nothing you can do about it but wait for it to happen.

Despite your currently panicked state, Nezu continued, either not noticing or not caring. You had a sneaking suspicion that it was the second. "Regardless of that fact, there is still information left unknown. Do you know why you could have ended up here, young lady?"

"No," you said, trying to ground yourself. "I was at home one moment, and here the next. I'm not extraordinary in my world. I'm a not the chosen one, or anything like that. I don't even have any awards for anything. I was a student studying journalism. That was it."

The rat smiled at you, and you tried not to grimace at his sharp teeth. "Journalism. Excellent. Here's the deal- I will hand you off to Shouta here, and he'll have you do whatever he needs help with in his class. While you're here, why not write an essay about your stay? It'll give you something to do, and us an outsiders view on things. Sounds productive, does it not?"

"I guess...?" You said, still not quite over the fact that the tuxedo wearing asshole had told you that you had the possibility of exploding. "Where will I stay, though?"

"I have an extra bedroom," Aizawa explained, speaking up for the first time since you'd entered the room. His voice startled you, and you tried to pretend that you hadn't jumped at it as you peered back at him. He took in your baffled expression and sighed. "You're just a kid. It's the least I can do."

After a few more minutes of back and forth conversing, you were told to leave the room. Apparently the heroes needed to talk to each other for a moment to figure out the rest of what you'd told them. You patiently waited out in the hallway, knowing that there was really nothing else you could possibly do. You took out your phone, absentmindedly scrolling through your photo album. There were a lot of pictures of you and your friends. You missed them. You hoped that wherever they were, they were doing okay.

"Miss?" A voice called from besides you. You turned, only to see the blond from before. You grimaced thinking back on your actions. You hadn't exactly been in the best mindset when you'd first met him. You gave him a wave and a small smile, and he sighed a breath of relief, speaking once more. "Hey! I just wanted to make sure you were okay. I know I startled you quite a bit and I was worried when you ran off. Did Recovery Girl help you?"

"Uh... yeah," you said. "I'm really sorry about before. I was out of sorts and seeing you pop out of the wall kind of set me off. I promise I don't normally run off screaming when I meet people."

He laughed and held out a hand. "Well, that's good to hear! My name is Mirio Togata! It's nice to meet you."

You took his hand with a grin, giving him your name. "It's nice to meet you too. What you can do with your quirk is pretty cool. Did it take a long time to master?"

"Yeah, it did actually! I used to pass through things on accident a lot, and even now sometimes when I use my quirk, my clothes come off!" He said cheerily, making you laugh.

"You get naked in class sometimes?" you snickered, forgetting your worries. He was easy to talk to, you decided. It was a nice change of pace. He was fun and light hearted, and he didn't seem to care about why you were running away from him in the first place.

"Not on purpose!" He says hurriedly. "It's an accident, I swear! What about you? What's your quirk?"

"I don't have one," you replied honestly. You remembered what Nezu had told you. "I'm here as a journalist. I'm helping out in a few classes. I think it'll be cool to see what everyone is capable of."

"That's so cool!" Mirio cheered. "You should definitely come visit my class sometime. I have a few friends in there that I think you'd be interested in meeting."

Of course. You vaguely remembered this. The famed Big Three. You thought that they might've been some of the strongest students in the school, but you easily could've been wrong. You didn't even remember their names- except for Mirio's, of course. If all of them were as cool as him, though, you wouldn't mind meeting them. You weren't normally good with new people, but it was easier when they had a welcoming energy.

"That sounds nice," you finally said. "How old are you, by the way? You look my age."

"Eighteen."

"I'm nineteen," you said. "It's nice to know that there's some people my age around here. Maybe we can be friends."

"Sounds good to me!" Mirio said. "I have to get back to class now, but I'll catch you later, okay? It was really nice meeting you! And I'm glad you're okay!" After waving goodbye, he ran back down the hall, disappearing before you could give a proper response.

Like clockwork, the door to the principals office opened, and out strolled your new guardian, looking like he'd just eaten a lemon. He glowered down at you, and it made you want to disappear. Seeing your discomfort, he sighed, facial expression lightening. "Okay, here's how this is going to work. You'll stick with me in the classes I teach. During my break, I'll hand you off to other teachers. You'll most likely hang out with Class 1A most of the time. For today, since classes are almost over, you're going to stick with what they call the Big Three. They can answer any questions you might have. Tomorrow, Midnight is going to take you to buy some new clothes and personal items."

"Okay," you agreed. "Is Nezu figuring out how to help me get home?"

"Yes. He's doing what he can, but this is a never been seen before situation. We're not sure what we can do to help you get home, especially since you don't entirely know how you got here in the first place. We're working with nothing. Don't expect too much out of it."

"You don't understand," you said. "I have a younger brother. He practically relies on me for everything. If I don't get home, he won't have anyone taking care of him."

"We're doing what we can, okay? I'm sure someone will do the same for your brother at home."

You fought against the urge to snap back at him. He had no idea what he was talking about. Instead, you stayed quiet, letting him lead you to where you would see the Big Three. God, you thought. You were in a heaping load of bullshit.

▌│█║▌║▌║

Who's your favorite pro hero / student? Tell me in the comments below and I'll be sure to try and include them in more scenes!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

744K 27.2K 31
(Female reader x various male characters) [Y/n] [L/n] has always been told her quirk was nothing special. Determined to defy expectations, she imagi...
56.1K 2.3K 19
"ᵂʰʸ ᵈᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ˢᵗⁱˡˡ ʷᵒʳᵏ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵗʰᵉᵐ?" "ᵂʰᵃᵗ ᵈᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ᵉˣᵖᵉᶜᵗ ᵐᵉ ᵗᵒ ᵈᵒ, ᴹⁱᵈᵒʳⁱʸᵃ? ᵀʰᵉ ᴸᵉᵃᵍᵘᵉ ⁱˢ ᵃˡˡ ᴵ ʰᵃᵛᵉ, ᵃⁿᵈ ᴵ ᶜᵃⁿ'ᵗ ᵉˢᶜᵃᵖᵉ." 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘩𝘦𝘢�...
13.1K 747 22
尉ぅ疫 ˢᵗʳᵃⁿᵍᵉʳˢ ᵗᵒ ᶠʳⁱᵉⁿᵈˢ ᶠʳⁱᵉⁿᵈˢ ⁱⁿᵗᵒ ˡᵒᵛᵉʳˢ ᵃⁿᵈ ˢᵗʳᵃⁿᵍᵉʳˢ ᵃᵍᵃⁱⁿ 𝐛𝐚𝐤𝐮𝐠𝐨 𝐱 (𝐟𝐞𝐦.) 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫
37.4K 1K 26
When you were younger you and your friends put your faith in heroes, but after seeing a different side of them things change... You were friends with...