The Last Time (Camren)

By BabeLoRegui

They were once best friends before the lying, cheating, and betrayal. After 5 years of being apart, will Laur... More

Prologue (Part II)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 - Final

Prologue (Part I)

20.9K 392 354
By BabeLoRegui

Sophomore Year

"What day is it today?"

"Um.. the sixteenth," Camila answers quietly before realizing who she was talking to.

"Thanks," Lauren says back with a smirk. "I'm Lauren by the way."

"I-I'm Camila," the shorter one stutters embarrassingly. "I mean, my real name is Karla but friends and family call me Camila." Who was she kidding? What other friends did she have? Especially on her first day at a brand new school.

"Nice," Lauren mildly chuckles, a tint of pink growing on her cheeks. She can't help but find the girl's tone of voice incredibly sweet and soothing. Something that reminds her of Lucy. Not even just that, but the girl is surely a sight for sore eyes. "Is it your first day here? I haven't seen you around before."

"Yeah, no, it's my first day," the new girl shyly nods as her glasses sit on her nose. "We... um, we're actually new next-door neighbors, too, so-"

"Oh! You're the new neighbors," Lauren realizes with wide eyes, instantly grateful that there's at least a cute girl her age living beside her again.

When her parents told her about a new family moving next door to their house, Lauren had little to no interest in getting to know them as their former neighbors consisted of her best friend and sort of girlfriend, Lucy, of 13 years. They were only 2-years-old when they became best friends and "fell in love" at 9, really being each other's first love, first kiss and first time together as they kept growing more romantically (and sexually) interested ever since. Needless to say, when Lucy broke the news of her family having to move to Puerto Rico, Lauren decided to never come out of her room again. It lasted a day and a half before she became too hungry and had to leave her room for food.

"Yeah," Camila simply nods.

"Lauren, not the time to be flirting with the new girl," Mr. Hacks spoke from the front of the classroom, earning a few cackles from the other students.

With that, the green eyes diverted back down to her class notes. But in her opinion, those beautiful brown eyes Camila possessed were much more pleasing to look at.

"While we're on the topic, why don't we all welcome our new student joining us? Karla, is it?" The teacher reads over his information.

"Yes, but I go by Camila," she speaks softly.

"Well, Camila, why don't you tell us about yourself. Where are you from? What are your hobbies?" Mr. Hacks leans against his desk as the rest of the class turn their heads toward the shy girl.

Oh, great. She should have expected a first-day ice-breaker. And it was only the first class of the day. Although it's worse since she's the only new kid in the room and no one else has to do this.

"Uh... well..." What's even more nerve-wracking is Lauren happy as ever getting to look at her again. With basically heart eyes, the Cuban-American athlete doesn't hide her wandering orbs as they trail from the top of the shorter Cuban's long brunette hair with that cute little bow, to her gorgeous brown eyes, plump pink lips, all the way down her torso and just past that surprisingly nice sized, round ass.

"I'm from upstate New York, but my family and I moved here due to my extended family finally coming over from Cuba. So, we all wanted to be together after so many years of being apart," Camila happily tells.

"That is touching," the teacher smiles and Lauren can't help but agree from the heart unlike the others who already look bored. Assholes.

"And some of my hobbies are music, writing... sports-"

"Sports?" he quirks an eyebrow. "Well, don't hesitate to try out for any team that may interest you here. I'm sure we can use you somewhere," he encourages which makes Lauren hope it's either cross country or track seeing as how she's one of the best runners on both teams. Plus, it wouldn't kill her to see Camila in some very short running shorts.

"I won't. I'm already set on trying out for cheer," the new student admits, earning a scoff from none other than Veronica Iglesias herself. Or "Vero" as most call her.

"Try all you want. 'Head bitch' will be mine," the popular girl snarks to one of her good friends who also giggles.

"Language, Miss Iglesias," Mr. Hacks rolls his eyes and continues back to the lesson.

"Head bitch?" Camila sinks down in her chair, confused as to what just happened.

"Ignore her. 'Head bitch' around here just means head cheerleader because whoever that is really is the biggest bitch at this school," Lauren fills her in, also not really caring about the petty drama that is surrounded by that role.

The famous spot is for anyone who can outshine the rest of the squad in the eyes of the cheer coach. Recent grad Ariana Grande held the title for two out of her four years, breaking a school record as no one has ever gotten it twice in a row. It made her all the more popular and notable for college scholarships, earning her a full-ride to the University of Kentucky. Then again, with that kind of reputation, many feared her and never dared to look at her the wrong way unless their dreams and social life wanted to be ruined.

Now, with tryouts vastly approaching by the end of the week, almost every girl was planning to at least try to make the cut for the 30 spots available. And 12 were for boys only so girls had just 18 spots to make. Granted, there are usually 50-60 people who try out every year.

Whoever qualifies for the high-esteemed "top five" of the squad means you're basically worthy of getting all the love and praise by the lower peasants of the school.

Vero made it last year as a Freshman which was something almost unheard of seeing as how only a few freshmen at most make it on the squad in general. They'd have to seriously be gifted. Even Ariana didn't make top five until she had at least a year under her belt. At this rate, Vero was a shoo-in for number one, having the skills and audacity to pass up her seniors who have waited all four years for their chance.

"I don't care what rank I get," Camila shrugs. "If I can just be on the squad, then I'll be more than happy."

Lauren just nods and smiles at her, appreciating how humble the Latina is. Something also rare to find at East Miami High. The last girl she knew like that was a girl she was in love with almost half her life. Then again, good things don't always last forever.

***

"Woah, who is that?" Shawn asks as he eyes the new student who looks for her next class in the busy hallway.

"Doesn't matter. She's mine," Lauren smirks while shutting her locker.

"No way," he squints down at her. "You know her?"

"A little. She's my new next-door neighbor," Lauren jabs back with a wink. "Which rightfully makes her mine."

"Fuck," he hisses, defeated. "C'mon, Lo, I thought you were still with Lucy."

"Eh," she shrugs on their walk. "It's an open relationship. She can see other people and so can I. Starting with Miss Camila Cabello," she speaks with a thick Cuban accent.

"Yeah, let's see how long that'll last," he chuckles and stares at Camila again from a distance.

"Cut it out, creep. Girls don't like stalkers," Lauren hits his stomach with her book.

"Please. Like you're not gonna look at her from your bedroom window," he teases, causing Lauren an eye roll.

"Nope," she says flatly.

"Not even just a little peek? You gotta be dying to know what she does in her room... all alone."

"No, because I happen to respect people and their privacy. Apparently unlike you, perv," she jokes before they enter their classroom.

"I do respect people. But I fairly let my thoughts wander about the women I'm into. Who can blame me? I'm a man," he shrugs.

"Barely," Lauren snorts.

"Shut up."

"You're just a boy, Mendes. A boy who lives in his fantasies," she sighs.

***

Although she hates to admit it, Lauren does have a temptation to look through her window and see if Camila can be spotted at the house next to her. That is if Camila has taken Lucy's old room because if so, Lauren knows she'll be able to. Lauren and Lucy were able to easily open their windows and talk to each other for hours throughout the night, not getting caught once over the past decade.

She fights the urge all evening but can't resist. After she does all her homework, chores, and even lays out her outfits for the week--which she never does--the time reads 8 pm and she's still not tired yet. She decides to pick up a book and lay in her hammock although it's a poor choice when her hammock is right in front of the window. But she doesn't have to turn her head towards Camila's house. She's fine with her eyes fixed on only the text.

Until out of the corner of her eye, she sees pink curtains open from the other window. And there she is, Camila Cabello in all her glory, wearing a simple white tank top, high-waisted shorts, and those adorable glasses. Even in just that with her hair tied up, she's breathtaking.

"Oh my god," Lauren's jaw drops at the beauty. Especially when Camila sits up on her bed and shows off those surprisingly long, toned, and tanned legs. So little but so much skin exposed that still drives the green-eyed girl insane. She would die to run her hands up and down those soft, silky legs any day. Better yet, to kiss the insides of her thighs right until her lips reach-

"Umm... earth to Lauren." She's snapped out of her sinful thoughts by her little brother who still doesn't learn to knock.

"Chris! Hi!" Lauren jolts as she shamefully sets the book down on her lap, cursing at herself for getting as hard as she did just by thinking those things.

"What are you doing?" he steps in closer until he notices what and who Lauren is focused on.

"Oh god. Don't tell me you already like the new girl next door," he crosses his arms and gives her a sassy look. "Lucy's only been gone for like what? A week? And now you're replacing her just like that?"

"I'm not replacing her," Lauren defends. "But she is in Lucy's old room."

"I thought you two were 'soulmates?'" he mocks.

"You never know. We could still be. But she's all the way in Puerto Rico. I can't wait for her forever," she shrugs glumly.

"If it's true love, yes, you can," he says.

"Chris, I'm fifteen," she rolls her eyes. "Yeah, we 'fell in love' when we were little kids but we never actually knew what love was. We still don't."

"Wow. One look at this girl and you're moved on in a heartbeat. You literally swore you would never come out of your room again if you didn't have Lucy," he teases, shaking his head.

"I've grown up more in the past month, you know," she nods. "I'm a Sophomore now, almost sixteen-"

"Yeah, in like nine months. I'd say you still just turned fifteen," he sasses.

"Fifteen with a learner's permit," Lauren points with a smirk. "I'm gonna be driving this cutie to school in no time."

"Chances are she's older and will have her license before you," he teases, chuckling while Lauren gives him the finger.

"Just leave me alone, will you? You don't see me intruding on you daydreaming about boys from One Direction or something," she huffs.

"That's because I don't do that, sweetie," he scoffs. "There's only one man I have my eye on and he's eighty-five percent attainable."

"Chris, you cannot keep liking my friends, okay? Shawn's super straight."

He laughs at that lie, "I can't even begin to put straight and Shawn Mendes in the same sentence. Just wait until the day he realizes how big of a bottom he is. Then it'll be you that's the clown."

"Oh my god, Chris," she groans but also can't help the low chuckle.

No wonder why Mendes doesn't get as much pussy as he wants. A lot of girls at school honestly think he really is gay even after he tries so hard to seem like the straightest guy in the world. But those short running shorts he wears almost daily seriously don't help his case.

Lauren and Shawn met in seventh grade when Shawn himself was a new kid in Miami. Moving all the way from Toronto to Southern Florida was a huge change but with Lauren's kindness and welcoming spirit, she's made him feel comfortable ever since. They share many interests such as running as they compete in cross country and track together every year; piano and guitar as they once attempted to form a band but quickly gave up; longboarding by the beach during summers; and of course, girls.

They sort of had the same taste in women but at the end of the day, it was always Lauren snatching them up with her charming good looks and charisma. Tons of girls were and still are questioning their sexuality because of her, although it's a special case due to her condition. Word got around in middle school about her extra appendage while they were learning about sex ed, but she was luckily never bullied for it. In fact, she gets along great with pretty much everyone. Almost too great as some of the more bi-curious girls are ever so wonderous about what the girl is sporting and how much of it.

But never mind that. Back to the girl infiltrating her mind more by the second.

It's like the two girls are in sync as they lay back reading a novel of some kind. Which only makes Camila that much sexier to Lauren. She's hot, sporty and smart? And that's all in just a day of meeting her. Who knows what else there is to learn about how incredible of a person she must be. Granted, Lauren needs to speak more than just a few sentences if she wants to get closer to her. But her time will come.

From that moment on, she wants to know everything there is to know about Camila.

***

"Hey, Camila!" Lauren shouts from down the hall, causing the shorter girl to turn around smiling.

"Oh, hi, Lauren," she greets with just as much excitement of getting to talk to her again.

Little does Lauren know that Camila had spotted her from her window last night as well. She actually noticed the other girl the first day she moved into her new house but frowned when she could clearly see Lauren curled up on her hammock bawling her eyes out.

She didn't exactly know why Lauren was crying but she did know it broke her own heart seeing such a beautiful girl with tears pouring from her eyes. And those eyes were something Camila had never seen before.

The second time she noticed Lauren was when she and Chris were getting into their mom's car to go to school. It was around the time her own mom was about to take her and her little sister to their first day at their new schools. But this time, Lauren looked much happier as she smiled a smile that would forever be engraved in Camila's memory. A happy one that could cheer her up in an instant.

That was also the day Lauren first spoke to her. And now, it's the second day and she's delighted that it's only going up from here. Finally, she's making her first friend.

Lauren catches up to her with a beaming grin. "Hey, so since we live next door to each other, we should just carpool to school together, right?"

"Oh... I don't see why not?" Camila giggles, elated at that offer.

"Yeah, I mean like, I don't have my license yet but our moms can take turns driving us to and from school. I ran it by my mom just in case and she doesn't mind the idea."

"I'm sure my mom won't mind either," Camila shrugs. "It's just me and my little sister but her school is right next to this one."

"Yeah, no problem," Lauren smiles, thankful that she's easygoing. "I think our families are also having dinner this Friday night so we can get to know each other better."

"Oh yeah, that should be fun," Camila bites her lip also at the friendly reminder. "I'm excited for that."

"Me too," Lauren stops in her tracks to take in as much beauty as she can. She concludes as a fact that Camila only gets prettier by the minute.

It's only till then that her brother Chris comes out of nowhere giving her a certain look as he sees how close in proximity she is to Camila. She shoots him a glare back.

"Weak," he smirks devilishly.

"Piss off," she mutters quietly.

"That's your brother, right?" Camila asks with a laugh.

"Unfortunately," Lauren jokes. "No, we get along great but give each other shit sometimes."

"I wish I had a sibling close to my age," Camila replies, sighing. "I mean, I love my sister but she's only five and we don't really relate to each other all that much. So, I kinda wish I was younger or she was older or something like that, you know? Or just an additional sibling would be fine." Lauren just stands and chuckles at her cuteness which signals the other girl to slow down for heaven's sake. "I talk too much sometimes. I'm so sorry," Camila hides her face from embarrassment.

"No, no worries. I thought it was cute," Lauren attempts her first bit of flirting which subtly surprises Camila.

"Thanks," the shorter Latina awkwardly smirks and tucks a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Anyway, wanna go to lunch together? You can meet some of my friends if you'd like," Lauren thankfully suggests. Camila sat alone yesterday at an empty lunch table. It was surprising enough she found one empty since the cafeteria was basically a madhouse jungle full of kids. There had to be triple the number of students here at East Miami than at her old school in New York.

"That'd be really nice. I'd love to," the new girl smiles graciously and Lauren leads them the way.

"Wow. Jauregui got a new girl," Alexa says upon the two sitting down at their group's table.

"That didn't take long," Luis mutters.

"Hey, be nice," Lauren orders. "This is Camila. She just recently moved next door to me from New York. She's really nice and sweet so treat her with respect. I'm talking to you, Mendes." Shawn rolls his eyes, mostly jealous that Lauren got the new cutie to sit with them and not him. "Camila, this is Alexa, Keana, Shawn and Luis."

"Hi," Camila shyly and politely greets the new friends with an awkward wave.

"They're not as intimidating as you might think. You'll soon realize how weird they all are in their own special ways," the taller brunette assures, making her laugh.

"Like you're not the biggest weirdo of us all," Alexa teases again while Lauren flips her off.

"So, Camila, I heard you were trying out for cheer," Keana begins kindly.

"Yeah, I'm really nervous but excited to see if I can even make it. I had no idea how competitive the sport was around here," she shrugs. "I thought it was just sideline cheer."

"It's sideline during the fall and competitive for the rest of the year with competitions almost every week. It's even more competitive than football," Alexa states which only adds more pressure for the new girl.

"I made it last year but not top five," Keana shakes her head. "Maybe this year though. I was pretty close.

"No! Don't leave us for those assholes," Shawn pouts.

"You know I would never. I'm still sitting here with you, aren't I?" she appeases, rubbing his back.

"I'm thinking of trying out this year, too," Luis comments positively.

"There are only twelve spots for guys, Luis. Can you even do a cartwheel?" Lauren laughs.

"Bitch, I can do a backflip," he rolls his eyes. "And I'm really strong. I can stunt." Keana and Alexa laugh at him.

"He's only saying that so he can get his crush Ricky to notice him," Shawn teases.

"Ricky is like the star male cheerleader here. All the gay guys fawn over him," Lauren says to Camila who nods. "Except my brother which is... strange." Due to Chris having a thing for "straight" guys (Shawn) but they weren't ready for that conversation with him yet.

"He's been in the top five for the past two years and who knows? Maybe this year will be the first in history that head bitch is a boy," Luis says with a smirk.

"Maybe, but don't let that Vero chick hear you say that," Keana looks over to where said brunette is sat with the top five, including Ricky. "She's the most annoying girl on the squad and every day last year I wanted to claw her fucking face off," Keana groans, scaring Camila a bit.

"So she's probably perfect for the title," Alexa shrugs.

"I swear if she gets it and I have to be bossed around by her, I'm gonna actually kill her."

"Head bitch has full authority to make anyone their bitch. She... or he runs the warmups, drills, choreographs the routines, and most importantly has more of a say in who gets put on the squad than the other four," Lauren tells Camila who feels like she needs a notepad and pen to write all this new information down. "But the previous head bitch is usually a former senior so only the coach decides at the beginning of the year."

"Don't forget that the 'babies' are also basically slaves to the top five," Keana mentions.

"The babies?" Camila frowns.

"Freshman cheerleaders are called 'the babies.' Kinda like pledges in a fraternity or sorority so they get the most shit handed to them above the rest," Lauren explains.

"So basically you don't want to be a freshman cheerleader or 'baby' if you don't want to be tormented every day," Luis finishes. "Which is why I waited until this year to try out."

"Well, yeah, thankfully I'm already a Sophomore," Camila breathed a sigh of relief that she's not going to be hazed. "But I didn't know it was all like... this."

"Don't let it scare you too much. Sure, it's nerve-wracking, stressful, and you may have mental breakdowns about two to four times a week..." Keana says, not making Camila feel any better whatsoever. "But it's all worth it in the end. I'm already getting recognized by top college recruiters even in my second year of high school."

"Wow, I guess that makes sense. I have been cheering competitively since I was eight and I might like to continue it in college," the new student says.

"Trust me, honey. Colleges will know who you are even if you make it on the squad," Keana assures with a promising stare.

"If you want, I can go with you to your tryout," Lauren offers. "You know, to cheer you on as you cheer on."

Camila laughs but the other friends groan. "That's really sweet but you don't have to do that, Lauren," she answers, not wanting to seem like she's unconfident enough to do this. "I'm sure I'll be fine."

"No, I want to. With all the pressure you're about to face, it's the least I can do as a new friend," Lauren smiles, earning a glare from Shawn that she grins wider at.

"I'll go too," he blurts out, annoying Lauren.

"If you guys are sure," Camila shrugs as she's grateful for Lauren and now Shawn being such sweet gems.

"For sure," Lauren finally takes the bold move of lightly rubbing the shorter girl's upper arm for support.

Yep, surely a gem indeed, Camila thinks.

______________________________

It's already Friday and the first batch of hopeful cheerleaders begin their tryouts. Camila gets called for her turn to show the coach, assistant coaches, and the top five, or well, top four for now (who are all obviously safe to make the squad again) what she's made of.

Lauren sits on the gym bleachers with a supportive smile with Alexa, Chris, and Shawn, eager to watch the new girl as well as Keana and Luis--who is actually still serious about trying out. The other guys and girls trying out sit on the sides of the large cheer mat while the judges sit at their table, ready to judge.

"Wooo, Camila!" Lauren cheers, clapping for her new friend.

"I already know she's gonna make it," Shawn remarks.

"What makes you say that? Oh, because you think she's just incredibly hot?" Lauren teases.

"No, because I have faith that her skills will get her a place on the squad," he defends his words.

"Sounds like you're kissing her ass already," Alexa snickers and so does Lauren while Chris rolls his eyes.

"Shhh, she's starting," Lauren hushes her friends when she sees Camila begin her routine, wearing a bright, confident smile.

The green-eyed girl can't help but match the same gleeful expression with the way her crush starts to dance to the music right away. The bow on top of her head also has to be the cutest thing in the world to Lauren. She's always liked when girls wore them and this girl does just that even when she's not cheering.

Camila includes some jumps, splits and tumbling in her routine, earning her more points to impress the judges as well as Lauren. Especially when she easily performs numerous combinations of back handsprings, round offs and all different kinds of flips. On top of her cheer experience, she's also done about ten years of gymnastics so this stuff was easy as pie.

To conclude her tryout, she decides to go ahead and be a flyer in a few stunts where she performs a number of more skills and tricks in the air after getting tossed up by a few of the stunters. Just as equally impressive.

"Yes, Camila!" Lauren shouts as soon as the almost cheerleader finishes up.

"You killed it!" Shawn also shouts and the small brunette happily waves at them from the mat.

"She waved at me," Lauren brags to him.

"She waved at me," Shawn argues back.

"She waved at both of you," Chris groans annoyed. "I don't even know why you're fighting over the same girl. It's childish."

"We're not fighting because I already have her," his older sister claims.

"Just because she lives next door to you doesn't mean shit. You don't even know if she's gay," Shawn rants.

"You don't even know if she's straight."

"It's most likely she's straight," Shawn waves off.

"Way to be heteronormative," Lauren scoffs. "Get with the times, man. Lesbians come in many different forms."

"I'm bored now," Chris rolls his eyes for the umpteenth time and walks down the bleacher steps, leaving the two to bicker amongst themselves.

"Wait! Don't leave me with them!" Alexa also flees from the scene.

"Wow, she was amazing," Whitney, one of the top four cheerleaders compliments as she writes down her scores for Camila.

Vero sighs heavily, giving the new girl a harsh score. "She wasn't that good."

"Are you kidding? Her baskets and tumbling were incredible," Ricky also adds.

"The best I've seen in a while," Courtney agrees, practically giving Camila a perfect record.

"I love her," one of the assistant coaches adds. "She was fast, sharp, confident-"

"Oh, come on, guys. I could do moves like that in the fifth grade when I was just starting to cheer. Nothing she did was that impressive," Vero fights until the coach clears her throat.

"Can it, number five," she interrupts. "You keep running your mouth, she just might take your spot." The top four laugh at her.

"Coach," Vero's jaw drops. "I mean, okay she was good but not top five good."

"You don't decide that. I do," she states with a glare. "Now, shut it before I make you not top five good."

With that, Vero sits back and doesn't say anything more that can put herself in jeopardy.

______________________________

"So... this is where the magic happens," Camila smiles as she's lead into the room by Lauren. Their families were wrapping up dinner when Lauren invited her new neighbor upstairs to see her bedroom. But not in that kind of way. At least not yet.

"You have no idea," Lauren grins from the chair at her desk.

"And you have everything. Computer, TV, hammock, and a whole bookshelf," Camila looks at the wall of books placed on shelves, impressed by the size and number of texts that thing can hold.

"Don't forget the surround sound system I just recently got, too," Lauren smirks at her newer birthday present. These speakers are even better than the ones downstairs in the family room. Needless to say, she never has to leave her room again to watch movies.

"Wow, and a trophy case for all your awards," the new neighbor looks at each one in detail.

"Yeah, a lot are participation trophies from soccer and basketball. The real ones are for cross country and track," Lauren explains.

"You've placed really well in all of them. That must've taken a lot of hard work," she nods.

"Calves of steel, baby," Lauren smiles. "Running is my life."

"Clearly," Camila turns around and sits on the bed that is also impressively comfortable. "Ooh, and a soft bed."

"Memory foam," Lauren gets up from her chair and sits down next to her. "You know, I can actually see your own room from my window?" Camila grins. "Not to be creepy though. I don't constantly stare out from it."

She laughs, "No, it's okay and it's funny. I can obviously see you from my window, too."

"Okay, then we can be creepy together. It's perfect!" Lauren laughs and Camila laughs harder. "No, but really. When I first saw you the other night, reading in your bed, you looked really... beautiful." Yep. Beautiful. She went there. And she doesn't say that to just any girl.

"Aw, that's so nice," Camila can't hide her blush that takes up her entire face. "You're really sweet, Lauren. And thank you for being so welcoming to me as I get adjusted around here."

"Hey, whatever you need, I'm here. Always," the green eyes get lost in browns more and more. She doesn't realize it either that she's getting closer to Camila in distance.

"I'd never had such a friend like that till now," Camila admits which makes the other girl back off.

"Oh, yeah. Friend," she snaps out of her attempt to make a move, scratching the back of her head.

"Not a lot of kids talked to me back at my old school. They'd just see me as a nobody who just studies and only cares about good grades which is so untrue," she groans, annoyed. "I mean, yeah, I care about school but I also sing, dance, do cheer, gymnastics and other pretty interesting things. I'm not one-dimensional. There's a lot more to me than people think." Lauren listens intently. "I guess I just want this new school to see me as who I really am. Not this invisible loser but someone worthy of finally being seen."

Lauren smiles and takes the girl's hand. "The first time I looked over at you in class, I already saw you. I could already tell you were someone important. Someone special. And someone who deserves the world. Because you light it up without even trying. At least you light up mine."

"You were the first person to see me. And you were the first person I saw, too," Camila grins, squeezing the other one's hand.

"Really?" Lauren asks and she nods.

"I just... I don't know why. Something in me told me we should get to know each other. That we should be friends," Camila continues.

That damn 'friends' again, Lauren internally swears. "There's nothing more that I want than to get to know you better, Camila. ...Camz," she ponders at the nickname. "Can I call you Camz?"

"Yeah, that's cute," Camila giggles with a teensy bit of butterflies in her stomach.

"See? I gave you a nickname. We're already friends," Lauren laughs with her. "Might as well be best friends at this point." Although more than friends wouldn't be too bad either.

"Alright, best friend. What do you wanna do since our parents are probably just gonna talk and drink for the next six hours or so?" Camila leans back on the bed casually.

You, Lauren thinks when she sees the sight of her new friend laying on her pillows. God is she sexy. "Well, we can talk and drink, too."

"Like... drink drink?" Camila sits up for a moment in shock.

"No, not like that," Lauren waves off. "I'm not that kind of teenager. At least not yet."

Camila giggles at the last bit, wondering why the "not yet." "Oh, okay. Well, that's good. I've never had any sip of alcohol."

"I have but it was in seventh grade and totally disgusting. Maybe I'll like it more later on. You should know though East Miami kids have tons of parties," she mentions.

"Oh great," Camila mutters sarcastically. "Do you go to them?"

"Not really since it's just now the beginning of sophomore year," she tells. "Most freshmen don't exactly get invited to the really big parties that seniors have."

"That's fair," the new girl nods. "I'm not much of a partier in any sense. I'd rather just stay in my room and watch One Direction videos all night," she goes on casually until realizing that probably sounded incredibly lame to her new friend. Lauren's already laughing anyway. "Ummm... pretend you didn't hear that."

"No, no, it's fine. I like that. You're just so sweet and innocent, Camz," Lauren smiles.

Ugh, can that nickname be any more adorable? Camila thinks to herself. "Yeah, pretty much."

"You're a big fan of 1D?" Lauren asks.

"Okay, since we're gonna be best friends, I guess we have to be honest with each other," she sighs.

"Please."

"I may or may not have a Harry Styles fan account on Twitter," Camila bites her lip as her heart pounds.

"A Harry Styles what?" Lauren's eyes widen as she smirks.

"Ugh, don't make me say it again!" Camila uses one of Lauren's pillows to hide her face from the utmost embarrassment she's had in a while.

"Oh no, you're gonna tell me all about it," Lauren snatches the pillow away to reveal a red faced Camila.

"Okay, I made it in like eighth grade when the boys were on X Factor and I don't know... I've always had a crush on Harry. It's dumb, I know but I don't go on it very much anymore. He followed me about a year ago so I kinda already had my fun on there," she sighs as Lauren watches her in fascination.

"Damn. A whole fan account on Twitter."

"And Tumblr."

"Tumblr too?" Lauren's face lights up. "I love tumblr. You should follow me. Sweet disposition," Lauren quickly grabs a notepad and pen to write down the correct way to spell her tumblr handle.

"Oh, definitely. Just ignore all my Harry reposts," Camila chuckles.

"Thanks for the warning. I don't mind the guys but I don't drool over them like every other girl," the green eyes shakes her head.

"Hate to be one of those girls," the shorter one lets out a nervous laugh.

Lauren slowly meets the girl's eyes and bites her lip. "You're telling me you're... like, straight. Right?"

Camila frowns as she doesn't know where that came from. "Uh... yeah? Why?"

She shakes her head quickly. "Oh, nothing. Sorry, I was just confirming what I... thought. Not a problem or anything."

Camila laughs again, kind of stuck in a weird spot. "So... you're not...?"

"Straight?" Lauren points to herself and guffaws. "Girl, there is not a single straight bone in my body. I'm as gay as they make 'em."

"That's awesome," Camila smiles. "I don't think I've ever really had a gay friend before."

"Gay best friend," Lauren winks.

"Oh, right," the visiting girl giggles and nods.

"And you're about to have more than just me. Luis, Alexa, and even my brother are all gay, too. Straights are pretty much the minority in our friend group and we like to keep it that way, but I guess you're cool so we'll let you stay," Lauren explains jokingly.

"Oh, wow. Thank you," Camila laughs harder with an eye roll. "Sorry, I can't be any less straight."

Just you wait, Lauren thinks sinisterly although it does bum her out that Camila (for now) is a self-proclaimed heterosexual. She really wanted a chance with her and now Shawn was going to have an advantage. But... she does have that thing that straight girls like. She could use that to win Camila over. Then again, while it's good her new friend is totally accepting of the LGBTQ, what if she isn't comfortable with Lauren's type of condition? Best that remains a secret for a while before she can truly trust the new girl with that kind of personal information.

"I don't want you to worry though. We're only friends and I'm not gonna try to like, hit on you or something. I know my boundaries," Lauren let's her know seriously.

"Oh, you're totally fine, Lauren. I wasn't even worried about that. If anything, I'd be more worried about those douchebag jocks hitting on me if I make the cheer squad," she rolls her eyes.

"Those pricks are so annoying but you'll learn to ignore them quickly," the hostess advises. "Plus, you got me to help ward off any creeps. Starting with Mendes."

"Shawn is a creep?" Camila quirks a brow.

"Nah, but I like to give him a hard time," Lauren teasingly laughs.

_______________________________

Monday morning finally rolls around, meaning the cheer squad roster gets posted. Practically the whole school scurries to get the tiniest glimpse of which 30 students made the cut. More importantly, which five made the ranking for the top spots and who'd rule the squad under their power.

As Camila gets her turn to get a look at the list, she simply can't believe what it reads. All she hoped for was a spot on the squad but never did she believe she would place as high as she did.

1. Ricky Alvarez
2. Whitney Carlson
3. Courtney Saulter
4. Camila Cabello
5. Veronica Iglesias

Number four?!?!

"Number four?! I got number four!" Camila beans excitedly to Lauren who is also so ecstatic that she pulls her into a big hug and spins her around.

"Oh my god, Camz! That's amazing! See? I knew you could do it. Nothing to worry about after all," Lauren grins brightly, holding her close.

"I guess not," Camila breathes in relief with her arms around Lauren's neck. "Thank you so much for being so supportive."

"Are you kidding me?!" Vero reads where she placed and it's exactly where she was last year. Number five. Again. "How could you place better than me?" she storms over to where Camila and Lauren are. "You were literally nowhere near as good as you think you were."

"Wow... thanks," Immediately, Camila's heart drops into her stomach as Lauren steps in front of her.

"Hey, lay off, Vero. Why don't you just be happy for her? Not like it's her fault she's better than you and everyone and the coach saw it," Lauren chuckles as Camila shoots her a look to "shut the hell up before you make it worse."

"Nobody saw that she was better than me because she wasn't. I worked my ass off all season last year to get at least one place higher and I lose it to you just coming out of nowhere and taking it from me so easily," Vero continues to grouse.

"Yes because again, she is easily better than you," Lauren jabs back, causing a small crowd to form around the girls.

"Lauren, please," Camila glares at her. "Look, Vero, I'm really sorry but at least you didn't rank any lower."

"But I didn't rank any higher. That's the thing. It's not fair that you did better than me," Vero lifts her chin and crosses her arms while her friends come to her side.

"Okay," Camila takes a few tiny steps back. "Maybe I can talk to the coach about giving you my spot if it means that much to you. I'm just grateful for even making it on the squad let alone top five."

"Wait, Camz, you don't have to do this. Don't let this sour puss tear you down," Lauren scowls at Vero who in turns gives her the finger.

"No, I get it. You've been here longer than me. You deserve to place higher," Camila says to Vero who scoffs.

"I didn't ask for pity. If Coach didn't initially put me as four, then I'm not four. That's that and it can't change until next season," she turns on her heels to leave the scene but looks back. "But just you wait, Cabello. Although I can't lay a finger on you this year, I'm gonna work a million times harder than ever to beat you out next year. Be ready." With that last scold, she makes her exit with her girls through the huddle of kids.

Camila's left stunned while Lauren rolls her eyes. "Well, that was a bit overdramatic. Don't ya think?" she jokes and the shorter brunette begins walking away.

"A little."

"Camz, that girl's all talk. She can't do anything to you. She even said so herself she's your subordinate," Lauren follows after her.

"I wish there was no hierarchy. It's supposed to be a team. All equal members. No one better than the other," Camila expresses frustratingly.

"If only if it were like that. But then again, the squad would form an unofficial hierarchy of who's better anyway. They can't help it," Lauren shrugs. "Thank god I just run. I mainly compete with myself."

"Although I almost got killed back there, especially because of your big mouth... thanks for standing up for me," she nudges her new bestie's shoulder.

"Sorry if I said too much. I just don't like seeing those bitchy girls bitch out a nice girl like you," Lauren throws an arm around the shorter girl and continues to walk her to class.

_______________________________

Junior Year

New year, new cheer season, new Camila.

With the talented cheerleader earning number three and Vero placing number four and cussing her out again, things can only go up from here. But yet again, Camila couldn't help it and Lauren quickly came to her defense.

'Camren' have never been better either. Every day since they first met, they've grown closer and closer. They're always together, talking, laughing, spending quality time with one another. They text each other during class even if they have the same one together. The two are practically inseparable.

Especially now that Lauren has her license and got a new (pre-owned) Ford truck for her birthday. Camila hasn't gotten hers yet and probably won't for a good while. She actually just has no interest and is frankly pretty scared of being behind the wheel of a car. Better safe than sorry. But Lauren has no problem driving her around everywhere and anywhere they want to go. Whether it be the mall, beach, gym, they were there... together.

Most of the time they blow off their other friends for one on one time which really doesn't help their case when they constantly deny being a couple. At this point, they might as well be girlfriends. They already have a ship name. However, Camila still labels herself as "straight" and Lauren's not going to keep wasting her time chasing an unattainable straight girl. Plus, she really likes being Camila's best friend. If they were to ever become something more and it didn't work out, it'd just be weird and awkward from that point on. Their friendship would never be the same.

Another issue facing them from fully committing to each other is... well, honesty. Though they know almost everything about each other, there is still one fact about Lauren that she has yet to reveal to Camila. Her intersex condition. Yes, even after a year of knowing one another and being as close of friends as they are, Lauren still feels uneasy about how Camila would react about her... downstairs friend. And because of this, they also have not had a proper sleepover together. They still hang out at each other's houses late into the night but seeing as how they live next door to each other, there's no need to spend the night when one of them can just walk home in three seconds. Moreover, the risk of Camila seeing Lauren's early morning riser is too unbearable.

Until one night when everything changed.

It all started when Lauren had just finished her homework which Camila saw through her window since her best friend always did it lying in her hammock. Now, she was done and probably turning in for the night.

After a long night of studying, the green eyes thought she should relax... relieve some tension... down south. It wasn't her initial intention but some of the sexy models she was scrolling past on Instagram and Tumblr got her into the mood. Plus, she was already just in her boxers.

With her hand disappearing underneath the waistband, she lightly strokes herself to get just a good amount of blood flow going where she needs it most. But unfortunately, she speeds up at the wrong time.

"Lolo! Oh my god!" Camila bursts into her best friend's room only to be mortified by the sight in front of her.

"Fuck!" Lauren tries to quickly hide herself but ends up "finishing" right in her shorts. "Aw, shit."

Camila brings her hands over her mouth as she needs a minute to process what was just witnessed. "Did you... just...?"

"Yes... yes, I did. And I really wish you didn't see that," Lauren closes her eyes, covers pulled all the way up over her waist.

"I'm so sorry. I-I really should've knocked," Camila rushes an apology. "I don't know why I didn't. I wasn't thinking."

"It's... fine, Camz. Just bad timing," she sighs.

"Really bad."

Lauren looks up at the ceiling and blinks a few times to make sure she wasn't dreaming. Unfortunately, she's wide awake. "Fuck," she hisses again.

"Lauren?" Camila very slowly steps closer to the bed, not exactly sure if she should but does so anyway. "Do you... um... have-"

"A penis?" Lauren concludes for her.

"We-"

"Yes. I have one, okay? This wasn't the time or predicament I wanted us to be in when I told you but... no more hiding it I guess," Lauren sulks into a pout.

"Why did you want to hide it from me though?" Camila moves to sit on the edge of the bed, wearing a worried frown. "Lauren, I'm your best friend. I thought we told each other everything."

"Almost everything," she mumbles. "I just didn't want you to think of me differently. Like... bad differently."

"Bad?" Camila furrows her brows, almost offended at those words. "How on earth could I ever think bad of you? Just because of your body?"

Lauren hides her face with a pillow and groans into it. "I just hate talking about it to new people."

"New people? We've been friends for a year. At least I thought we've been," Camila now pouts, causing Lauren to want to crumble into pieces. "Please, tell me," she begs. "Are you... trans?"

"No," Lauren shakes her head and sits up. "It's... I'm intersex."

"Huh?" the shorter girl tilts her head.

"I was born as a female but with a male reproductive system," she explains quietly. "It's a rare condition and I don't know of anyone else that's like this so it's just hard opening up about it." Camila lowers her head. "I'm sorry for not telling you sooner and it's not like no one else outside my family knows. A lot of people in our class do, too. But I just couldn't bear the thought of such an amazing person like you thinking of me as some freak. Over something I can't help or change," she shrugs, trying hard not to shed tears.

"Well, that's just it, Lo. You can't change this about yourself. It's something you were born with which makes you, you. Your beautiful self that I love no matter what," Camila says wholeheartedly.

Lauren finally cracks a smirk and takes her best friend's hand that's reaching out to her. "I love you, too."

"And yes, I also wish I didn't find out this way, but I gotta say it's pretty funny," Camila bites her lip, holding back a laugh.

Rolling her eyes, "Let me go change."

***

"So, you really didn't notice, huh?" Lauren sits back down on the bed after offering Camila a coke.

"I-I don't know. No? I guess you were really good at hiding it. Even in all those short running shorts," Camila chuckles.

"I've been told I'm more of a grower than a shower which is honestly fine by me," Lauren smiles.

"Oh yeah? By who? Your whores?" Camila playfully shoves her, causing the latter laughter.

"Maybe."

Camila rolls her eyes as usual when she thinks of all those desperate girls who are always thirsting over Lauren. It just makes them look so easy to take advantage of. And they are... by Lauren. She wasn't going to turn down free, easy sex.

But it makes a lot more sense to Camila now that she know's her best friend is packing.

"You didn't exactly... like, see it, right?" Lauren nervously asks.

"No no no no," Camila quickly waves off. "That'd be even worse."

"Thank God," Lauren sighs in relief, grateful she wasn't fully exposed. Then again, since she was a grower, at least Camila wouldn't find her small. Hopefully.

"So, are there any more secrets I don't know that you should tell me?" Camila inches closer. "Like, an extra nipple or something?"

Lauren playfully shoves her this time. "No. Nothing else. What about you?"

"Nope. I'm an open book," she grins. "At least to you."

"Good," Lauren hooks her arm around Camila, pulling her close and kissing her on the head. "No more secrets."

______________________________

"Lauren! Just the girl I wanted to talk to." Out of nowhere, Tristan Walker startles Lauren by her locker by stealing her beloved black "Stay Weird" beanie from the top of her head.

"Tris, to what do I owe this pleasure?" she asks confused, snatching it back.

"You're close with Camila Cabello, right?" the tall, blonde hockey player questions, already knowing the answer but playing it innocently.

"Uh, yeah? But you knew that. Why?" Lauren shakes her head and turns on her heels to head to class.

"Well, I was just wondering if you know..." he nods as he catches up to her.

"No... seriously, what?" she rolls her eyes.

"C'mon. If you were hittin' that? I mean, how could you not? Her body's insatiable," he says and Lauren stops in her tracks. Very pissed.

"If I didn't already feel bad for you for having one testicle, you'd be on the ground right now wishing you didn't have the other because I would've kicked it so hard," she states defensively.

"Hey, not everyone knows about that, okay?" he corners her to seclusion. "Look, I just wanted to know if Camila's available."

"Why don't you just ask her yourself? I'm not her father who you need approval from. She's her own woman who can make her own decisions," Lauren grumbles, not wanting to be bothered by Camila's "suitors." Ugh, straight people were so annoying.

"Well, I know that, but I see you being very protective of her. The way you defend her and make her happy. Plus, don't girls' best friends usually have to 'approve' of the guys they date anyway?" Tristan questions.

"I guess in heterosexual circumstances," Lauren sighs. "Just if they're not assholes. And sir, you can be a bit of an asshole."

"I promise I'm not gonna be a dick. I really like her and will treat her like a princess," he pleads for a blessing, giving her puppy dog eyes. "Better yet, a queen."

Lauren thinks it over again and remembers that Camila did mention she wanted romance in high school. She didn't want to graduate and not have fallen for at least someone. She feels it would be good preparation for a real, more mature relationship later on in life. "Alright, fine. She said she's interested in 'finding someone,'" Lauren huffs, hoping she wouldn't regret this.

"Seriously?" Tristan lights up at the chance.

"Yes, but I swear to god, Walker, if you try anything and I hear about it, you will lose your last testicle," she backs him up against the lockers.

"No! I need that."

"Not for Camila," Lauren's eyes widen.

"No, not like that. For... you know... marriage," he clearly lies.

"Yeah, sure," she sarcastically nods and leaves him to be.

***

"Pssst! Lauren!"

The green-eyed girl can feel a balled-up piece of paper hit the side of her head. She turns around to the brunette wearing a red bow and a big smile.

"What is it?" she whispers back, finding it pretty bold to see even Camila whispering during class. Especially after they couldn't sit next to each other anymore.

The teacher obviously separated them because of how much they talked but that didn't stop them on occasion.

"Tristan Walker asked me out," Camila sports an excited grin while Lauren pretends to be shocked.

"What?! No way!" she whisper yells "excitedly."

"Yes way!"

"Cabello. Jauregui. Do I need to separate you two further away?" the teacher eyes them.

Lauren turns back around to the board and Camila quiets herself. Until she pulls out her phone from underneath her desk.

Camzi 💜: Tristan wants to take me to dinner. Can you believe that?!!?!?

Lern 💚: Not at all :) Are you gonna go?

Camzi 💜: I think so! I've never really been on a date before but I want to finally experience it. You gotta help me get ready and prep for everything that might happen!!!! 🙏

Everything that might happen? Lauren wonders what that entails. They might kiss. They might make out. They might do other things. Does Camila even want to do that? Is she even ready?

Lern 💚: Totally 😉

***

"Thanks again for letting me take you out, Camila. I was really happy when you said yes," Tristan says after pulling her chair out for her.

"Thank you for asking me. This is kind of my first date actually," she admits shyly.

"Really?" he sits back surprised. "Well, then I gotta make it extra special for you."

Camila giggles and blushes at all the sweet things that fall on her ears throughout the evening. They remind her of all the flirty things Lauren says regularly, too. Not just to her but to other girls.

"You know, I gotta admit. I didn't entirely notice how insanely beautiful you are until this year. After you got rid of your glasses and started fully looking like your true hot cheerleader self, I couldn't resist," he says while digging into the food.

And now he ruined it.

"Oh... thanks," Camila slightly frowns.

"And you look even hotter tonight," he nods, smirking at her curled hair and low cut black dress.

It's true. This year, she did get rid of her regular glasses and switch to contacts. And she did start wearing her cheer uniform almost every day that showed off her nice assets, boosting her confidence much more. She was even looking more mature in her face and body shape although she was always muscular for cheer. But more so now than ever before, she was fully coming together as a young woman. Little Camz was simply growing up.

However, her physical beauty wasn't all there was to her.

"Thank you. I... I try?" she shrugs.

"And that's isn't going unnoticed," he winks.

Great. Just another dumb jock thirsting over what she can offer him in bed. Not her heart.

"Tristan, chill," she pushes him off after the way he steals her first kiss.

It definitely came out of nowhere the second Camila sat in the passenger seat of his car after dinner. "What?" he frowns. "Don't you like me?"

"I like you-"

"So why don't we kiss?" Tristan goes back into crash his lips against hers.

Camila winces and squeezes her eyes shut at the feeling. Feeling of well, nothingness.

It wasn't that he was a bad kisser but it just wasn't... it. It wasn't what she thought it would be after years of imagining the "special" moment. She thought it would at least be a bit more romantic than in a dirty old car.

The moment only progressed more disastrously when the boy's hand started moving further up Camila's leg. But Camila wasn't having it. "You know what?" she stopped his hand. "I think I'm just gonna go."

"Home?" Tristan blinks a few times.

"Yeah," she whispers.

"Now? Why now?" he leans away in his seat.

Rolling her eyes, "Because I want to and I will," she shrugs and gets out of the car, leaving the boy behind.

"At least let me drive you home!" he calls from the outside but she waves him off.

***

"Hey," Lauren pulls up to the sidewalk Camila's sat down on.

"Hey, thanks for picking me up," she gets into her truck.

"So, what happened?" Lauren asks her as she drives back onto the road, studying her best friend's face worriedly.

"Nothing really. Tristan just... wasn't the one for me," Camila says calmly. "...He kissed me and it was so... unfulfilling."

Lauren's heart drops. "Wasn't that your first kiss?"

"Yeah..."

"Dammit," Lauren swears under her breath, losing the chance of being her first kiss. "Really? To that hockey puck?"

Camila laughs at her cuteness. "Hey, he went in for it."

"Good thing you called me when you did. I would've definitely kicked him so hard he'd lose his last ball." Camila starts cracking up. "Looks like I'll just have to do it on Monday."

***

As they finally pull up to the outside of Camila's house, the shorter brunette stares deeply into the green eyes.

"Lo? Can I sleep with you tonight?" she asks with a hopeful lip bite.

And yet again, Lauren's heart skips a beat. Did she hear her right? "...M-me?"

"Yeah, you. We've never had a proper sleepover. I want to tonight after spending time with that airhead." She reaches out for her best friend's hand. "Camz and Lolo time."

"You do have a hell of a way of getting what you want," Lauren chuckles, nodding.

She's still nervous though. Very nervous. The main reason as to why she's never had a sleepover with Camila was due to the risk of the latter finding out her secret. Although that secret's not a secret anymore. They've actually been very open and honest about the subject now. Lauren's never had to feel embarrassed or insecure about her lower half around Camila since then.

They lay in bed and put a movie on Lauren's huge 60-inch TV with surround sound. Camila snuggles up closely to her best friend which only results in more nerves for the girl. And not just her but the girl's parents.

"I think this might be Lauren's first sleepover with a girl," Clara says. "Like... ever. Isn't it?"

"Well, that we know of. Lord knows how many other sleepovers she's had before. Especially with Lucy," Mike laughs from the couch.

"I meant non-sexual ones, Mike," the mother rolls her eyes and paces around the living room. "At least I hope it is. I mean, should we be doing this? Letting her have a sleepover with Camila? There's a reason we didn't allow her sleepovers with Lucy because we know what they were doing but this girl? No idea."

"C'mon, babe. They're just friends. Nothing's gonna happen. Even Lauren said she was nervous about Camz seeing her... you know what, in the past."

"But what if things have changed? What if they like each other like that now?" Clara continues to worry. "Hell, I'd be more fine if Camila slept in Chris' room rather than Lauren's so that we know no funny business is going on."

"Clara, relax. Lauren's not some horny animal that's gonna take advantage of her friend. And neither is Camila, okay? We should trust them enough to be alone together and not go sex crazy," Mike argues. "Besides, Lauren's still a girl and Camila's straight."

"As far as we know," Clara sighs.

It takes Lauren a second to realize that her best friend had fallen asleep on her shoulder. But she did midway through the film. Fit snug right in the crook of her neck. The sight had to be the most precious thing she's ever seen. And the feeling was unworldly. The girl was so soft, warm, nicely smelling like lavender. One of Lauren's favorite scents.

Lauren doesn't even think she's ever been this physically close to Camila for this long before, but she doesn't hate it one bit. She loves it. She wants to stay like this for as long as she can. Just her and her bestie cuddled up together.

Bestie.

That's what she is to Lauren. And it can't be anything more no matter how physically close they are and how very close Camila's leg is to Lauren's dick.

They're friends. Best friends. Camila's straight and Lauren's gay. They will never be a thing. Lauren has to keep reminding herself that each time she steals a peek at her sleeping.

***

The sunlight beams through the blinds, awakening the first girl being Camila. She opens her eyelids and immediately squints from the light, but when they land on the gorgeous sleeping creature next to her, she doesn't want to shut them. Ever.

She examines all of her best friend's features. From her widow's peak, delicate closed eyes, to her cute little nose, and soft, plump, slightly parted lips. So calm, peaceful, like she can look at Lauren and feel like it's home. She's home. A beautiful home.

When she sees Lauren stir awake, she quickly shuts her eyes so that she doesn't look like a creep. However, she could just sense when her best friend's eyes open so she opens them. And damn, were they the best sight she's seen.

"Morning," Lauren says softly with that extra deep, raspy voice Camila loves so much.

"Morning," Camila says back, matching the tone or at least trying to cause Lauren a smile.

They're so close in proximity that their noses are almost touching. And if they were just another couple inches closer, their lips could touch, too. "Did you sleep well?" Lauren asks, wanting to be a considerate hostess.

"Yeah," Camila answers. "Especially cause I was with you."

Lauren's eyes widen at the comment that was pretty flirtatious coming from her friend. Camila realizes it as well and turns to look up at the ceiling. "I mean, you were really comfortable to cuddle with."

"...Right," Lauren let's out a nervous laugh. "It's crazy how this was the first sleepover we had."

And we should totally have a lot more, Camila thinks in her head but nods, glancing back to her friend.

"Well, I guess I should get up," Lauren decides to move out from under the covers and make half of her bed when Camila also gets up.

"Yeah, me too. I got a long day today. Cheer competition, studying for exams, SAT, college essays, all that fun stuff," Camila explains to an attentive Lauren until she notices there's another part of her that's awake as well.

"Ugh, I gotta start writing my essays, too. I just don't know what to write, you know? Like, they give you a prompt but figuring out how you want to answer it is half-"

"Um, Lauren?" Camila chuckles, trying so hard not to look at the bulge through the girl's sweatpants.

"Yeah?" Lauren looks at her after throwing the pillows down on the bed.

"You might wanna... um... fix that," Camila's eyes look at the ceiling while pointing downward.

Lauren looks down and sees what she's referring to. Fuck. "Oh, shit," she immediately covers the mound with her hands. "I'm so sorry. I don't mean to offend you. It's not because of you really. It's just it happens in the mornings sometimes-"

"Lauren," Camila pauses her with a smile. "It's okay. I totally understand. Just the way the body works, right?" she smirks and grabs her overnight bag to head into the guest bathroom. "See you in a bit."

"...Fuck!" Lauren curses and kicks the bed, but stubs her toe. "Ow! Shit!" she grabs her foot and collapses on the comforter. "Goddammit. Could this day get any worse? It's not even nine AM yet," she grumbles and lifts her head to grimace at her erection that's even bigger and harder than before. It's usually not as bad as this but she assumes since a girl was in her bed while waking up, it excited her penis even more than normal. That thing is so uncontrollable sometimes.

"And this is why this will be the first and last sleepover I have with a friend," she murmurs.
_____________________________

"Hey, Lo, you go on a lot of dates, right?" Shawn approaches Lauren sat at her desk who's busy staring at Vero's behind. The cheerleader was talking with a group of friends during the study hall period which usually meant everyone just talked. Even though Lauren tries her hardest to use the hour to actually study since she doesn't get much time for it after school.

"Um... I wouldn't say a lot but kinda," Lauren shrugs, still concentrated on the ass.

Shawn looks to where her eyes are and is shocked. "Why are you looking at Vero?"

"I wasn't," she looks back down at her book.

"Bullshit," he smirks and takes it away from her.

"Give it back, Mendes," she tries to get it back but he holds it too far away.

"Not until you admit to liking Vero," he taunts.

"I don't like her," she snaps. "I mean, like, she's kinda cute and has a nice ass but..."

"So all you were doing was checking her out?" he asks and as if on cue, Vero looks over to them and gives a soft smile to Lauren.

Lauren returns a slight smirk her way only for Shawn to shake his head. "Shut up," Lauren hits the side of his head.

Laughing, "The real question I should be asking is if you and Vero want to go on a double date with me and Keana?"

"No, because Vero and I are not dating. We're not even a thing," she rejects.

"Yet."

"Would you mind your own business for once?" she returns to writing in her notebook. "Vero just invited me to her cheer competition this weekend and I said yes. That's it."

"So she likes you?" he assumes.

"I... I think so," she shrugs. "I go to almost every cheer competition anyway to watch Camila. Vero wanted me to come for her this time."

"Yeah, she either really likes you or wants in your pants. Maybe both. Congrats, dude!" Shawn raises his hand for Lauren not to give him a high-five but a glare.

"Do you not think this might be bad?" Lauren winces, feeling guilty.

"How could it be bad? You and I dating two of the hottest cheerleaders on the squad?" he questions. "I have Keana, you have Vero. I mean, they're surely not Camila, but at the end of the day they're still sexy and in the top five."

After the former number five transferred schools at the beginning of the semester, Keana was quick to fill the spot. So, now it's Camila in third, Vero in fourth and Keana in fifth and while Keana and Camila have always been cool, Vero feels mad awkward in the middle of them.

"No, I'm talking about me liking Vero. Not saying I totally do but if I were to, how would I explain that to Camz? She's my best friend and Vero's not exactly her favorite person in the world," she pleads for advice.

"I thought they were starting to not hate each other anymore?" Shawn frowns.

"They've... gotten a little better. Vero's not starting fights with her anymore at least," Lauren says quietly. "But it's not like they're ever gonna be best buddies. I think Vero's just trying to be cordial with Camila and Keana 'cause she sees how close they are and she's constantly placed with them because of their close ranks."

"Makes sense," Shawn nods. "But maybe they will all become friends later on. And then you won't have to feel weird about dating someone your best friend hates because everyone's chill. See? Happy ending."

"I didn't say date, Shawn. I said like."

"You might like her now but you're gonna start dating before you know it," he teases for fun.

Lauren shakes her head but freezes when she sees Vero walking toward her and sits down at the desk next to her. "Hey, Lauren. Can't wait to see you at my competition on Saturday," she says in a deep, rich tone.

"Uh... y-yeah, I can't wait either," Lauren stutters, trying extremely hard not to look down at the other girl's long, tan, silky, smooth legs. That insanely short cheer skirt doesn't help one bit.

"It'll be nice to see you there for me and not just Camila," Vero smirks, biting the bottom of her lip. Even Shawn's jaw drops.

Lauren blinks a few times and surely enough, yes, she wasn't dreaming. "I... um, yeah. Yeah, I'll be cheering the both of you on your... um, well, cheers." What the fuck was that?

Vero laughs as if that was the funniest thing she's ever heard. Lauren's eyes widen. "Ugh, you're so funny and so adorable," the cheerleader stands back up and grazes the runner's arm.

"Holy shit, dude. She definitely wants you," Shawn remarks, also breathing heavily for his friend.

"Okay... maybe I do like her," Lauren gawks at Vero strut off and back to her friends giggling. "A little."

Which means she's in trouble. Big trouble.

A/N: Hey everyone!! So I finally got some time to come around to writing this ☺️ hope you liked it and let me know if you want more! I'm planning on this being the first part of a two part prologue, meaning the real story hasn't even started!

Thank you for sticking with me and reading these stories 💕💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 21 1
Camila and Lauren have been through a rough year. Trying to deal with their break up, Camila starts feeling all sorts of emotions. Will they be able...
1.8M 43.2K 75
Lauren and Camila have been friends for years, what happens when Lauren can't handle seeing Camila with her girlfriend any longer. To what extremes w...
885K 19.8K 35
Lauren and Camila have always been best friends, sisters, ROD's, partners in crime and all that good stuff ever since they've met. However many Harmo...
25.5K 734 8
Camila and Lauren have had some bumps in their relationship. Camila has distanced herself from Lauren and gives her "work partner" Shawn Mendes all o...