The Nightmare Before Christma...

By ivyrose_writes

Jazmine "Skelly" Skellington has been known throughout the fourteen years of her life as "the Pumpkin King's... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
THIS IS HALLOWEEN
JACK'S LAMENT
CHAPTER 4
TOWN MEETING SONG
CHAPTER 7
JACK'S OBSESSION
CHAPTER 8
KIDNAP THE SANDY CLAWS
Chapter 10
CHAPTER 11
OOGIE BOOGIE'S SONG
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
EVERY TIME THE RAIN COMES DOWN
CHAPTER 15
THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS FINALE
CHAPTER 17

CHAPTER 6

1.3K 18 0
By ivyrose_writes

"Skelly, come down here!" Dad called from downstairs.

I came out of my room and slid down the banister of the stairs, landing right on my feet. "Yea--?" I began, but I was caught by the element of surprise. Around the room was a bunch of Christmas decorations, with Zero sleeping in his bed under a Christmas tree.

"Yeah...?" I muttered.

"Did you like my Christmas intro?" Dad asked, smiling. He was hiding something behind his back.

"Uh...yeah, yeah," I said. "Yeah, it was...cool. Interesting. You got that crowd excited with the Sant--I mean, um...Sandy Claws thing."

"That wasn't the point, but okay," Dad said. "I have something for you." He pulled his hand from behind his back.

In his big bony hand, I saw the present he had been trying to explain at the town meeting. No wonder he was being so protective of it!

"The box is a little damaged, but hopefully the gift itself isn't," Dad said.

I smiled at him and took it. I stared at it for a moment. While I had read about the Christmas holiday, I'd never actually gotten a Christmas gift. Obviously...

"Go on, open it," Dad urged. He seemed pretty excited.

I untied the bow and unwrapped the box. Inside was another box. I opened that box and found yet another box. I looked at Dad curiously.

"Are you trying to troll me, mister sir?" I demanded.

"No...well, yes," Dad laughed. "But the gift is in there. Just keep opening the boxes."

There was another box inside another box inside another box, and finally, I reached the smallest one. It was small enough to fit one of Zero's treats inside it. It was green and red with white stars on the lid. I pulled the lid open.

"Whoa," I whispered.

I saw a necklace with what looked like the North Star on it.

"Do you like it?" Dad asked hopefully.

"Yes, I love it," I said. "It's beautiful." I hugged him. "Thanks, Dad," I said. I pulled away from him and put my fists on my hips. "But it wouldn't have been damaged!" I teased. "Who puts a box inside a box inside a box?"

"I do," Dad chuckled. "Here." He took the necklace from me. I turned around and pulled my long black hair away from my neck, and I allowed him to hook the necklace onto me.

"You wanna know who had that first?" Dad asked.

"Who?" I asked, smiling.

"Your mother."

I was struck with the element of surprise again. My mother had passed away years ago, when I was just a baby. Dad never went on looking for anyone else. He was too busy anyhow. He and I didn't even know how she died.

"I...I miss her," I said.

"I miss her too," Dad sighed. "But personally I think she'd be proud of you."

"Why?" I asked. I can't live up to you... I thought.

"You're so full of ideas," Dad said, "and you're quite independent. You're a lot like her, you know."

"I...I am?" I asked.

"Yes," Dad replied. "That necklace makes you look even more like her. Although..." His voice trailed off.

"What?" I asked.

"Never mind," he said. "You know what? I need to figure out this whole Christmas thing."

I kept my mouth shut. I knew just about everything there was to know about Christmas. I wanted to tell Dad that I could help him, but I didn't speak out about it. What if he got mad? And what did he mean by "although"?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.6K 244 34
Kailey and her dad were always very close, with her mom always away on business her dad basically raised her on his own. Kailey was her daddy's litt...
4.3K 105 22
When a new family moves in next to Buffy who's 14 and has a deep dark secret that will change her life if told, will she discover that she's not the...
2 0 5
25 Years has passed since Livena meet her fate and were turned and became the ruler of monsters. Now it is time for her daughter's story as She goes...
8.5K 229 12
"jack..of course I'm in love with you..but we aren't meant to be, you're meant to be with-" "Y/n, my dear. Please believe me when I say, I love you...