Mad Love

By Ohainurse

For years, Maddy Strother and Jamie Thompson have had some sort of twisted relationship, first as teenage swe... More

Mad Love
Mad Love Chapter Two.
Mad Love Chapter Three
Mad Love Chapter Four
Mad Love Chapter Five
Mad Love Chapter Six
Mad Love Chapter Seven
Mad Love Chapter Eight
Mad Love Chapter Nine
Mad Love Chapter Ten
Mad Love Chapter Eleven
Mad Love Chapter Twelve
Mad Love Chapter Thirteen
Mad Love Chapter Fifteen
Mad Love Chapter Sixteen
Mad Love Chapter Seventeen

Mad Love Chapter Fourteen

31.5K 630 268
By Ohainurse

VOTE-COMMENT-FAN!!! It's much appreciated. :D

Okay! Here is Chapter Fourteen! Dang, it took me forever! I tried not to stress over it too much, but the more people that follow this story, the more pressure there is. Lol. I want so bad for you to like it, but I've got to stay true to the story.

Huge, amazing thanks go out to all the fans following this story - and all the people just reading it, lol. Your votes and comments make me want to write more and more, and wish I could have a million things to post.

This chapter is dedicated to Misigirl, (Ruth), for recommending this story to her fans. That's just way too awesome, and she's an amazing writer. Please, be sure to check out her stories, because this girl has crazy skills!!!

Please note, this chapter is twice the length of my usual chapters. I was so excited about the response from my last two uploads that I extended this chapter. So please, enjoy it twice as much! Lmao!

----------------------------------------

"You need to get laid," Lacey said, shrugging her shoulders.

"Lacey!" I screeched, casting surreptitious glances around the deli, hoping her loud comment went unnoticed. When Em and Lacey had offered to pick me up for lunch, I had no idea that the conversation would veer into the topic of sex.

"Lacey, you ought to know by now, Maddy doesn't do that," Em sighed, leaning back against the booth, her blond hair pulled back in a ponytail.

"Like, ever?" She asked, slightly shocked by the concept.

"Like, never ever," Em said, with a sad shake of her head.

"Well, I beg your pardon," I said primly, sounding like the offended prude they were accusing me of being. I crossed my arms, glaring at the bimbo sitting across from me. "There are a lot of other things to do in a relationship than just roll around under the covers."

"Like what?" Lacey asked, making Em snort loudly.

"Plenty of things," I began, looking to Em for help. She held up her hands in a 'you-are-on-your-own' gesture. "Like, enjoying the emotional bond that comes with being close to someone. There's a comfort in knowing the person you're with wants to be with you, not on top of you," I told her.

Em and Lacey stared at me for a minute, then shared a look before dissolving into giggles. I pursed my lips, angered by their reaction. My expression only made them laugh harder.

"You know, just because people fall in love doesn't mean they have to fall into bed!" I said loudly, trying to speak over their cackling.

Emily wiped tears from her eyes, trying to sit upright again. "Aw, Mads, don't be angry." She shoved Lacey, the two struggling to control their laughter. "I get what you're saying Maddy, I do. And I honestly believe that sleeping together should not be a first priority in a relationship," Em paused for a moment. "But I wish you could have heard yourself!" She choked out, strangling on a laugh.

I continued to glare at them.

"Oh, lighten up," Lace said with a smile.

"I'm sorry, it's been a bad week," I said, uncrossing my arms. I propped my elbows on the tabletop, holding my head in my hands. It was only Friday afternoon, and the past weekend had been the Zack fiasco.

"Do you know that Zack actually sent in his resume to Dad's office?" I asked miserably.

Em shot me a sympathetic glance and Lacey reached over to awkwardly pat my head. I'm sure she meant to be comforting, but it was a bit odd.

"Ugh, I knew Zack wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but I never expected he'd be a low-down, dirty, manipulative jackass. What a jerk," I sighed.

"He didn't know how lucky he was to have you," Em said kindly. "A smart, caring, beautiful, hard-working girl is hard to find."

"Well, he had no qualms in trading me in for a job with my Dad."

"His loss," Lacey supplied, with a flick of her hand, dismissing the idea of Zack.

I gave a small smile. "Thanks for trying to cheer me up, guys, but I hate the fact that I was used." It was weighing so heavily on me. Even more embarrassing for Jamie to be aware of it - witnessed it, in fact.

"Look, later tonight, we're going out. That includes you," Em informed me. "Wear something lovely."

"Or slutty," Lacey said, earning a glare.

"I don't know about that," I began.

"We're not taking no for an answer. You're going out, if we have to drag you there."

There wasn't much I could say, with an argument like that.

"Fine, but I'm not dressing up like a hooker," I said firmly, with a nod at Lacey.

We gathered our things and headed back to the office. Em and Lacey walked in with me, wanting to see where I worked. They seemed impressed, even 'oohed' and 'aahed' for a few minutes.

I rested my hips against my desk, leaning on the solid wood. Setting my purse down on the surface behind me, I turned to Em. Through years of friendship, she almost instinctively knew I needed a hug.

"It's going to get better," she said, her arms wrapped around me tightly. We stayed in the same position for a few moments.

I swallowed back my emotions. "This sucks," I said in a choked voice.

"I know, I know," she said, stepping back to meet my gaze. "Think of it this way. You weren't even that crazy over the guy. You certainly didn't need him. This is all one stupid little circumstance that you are more than strong enough to shrug off. Okay? Maddy, you are so much tougher than this."

I sighed, looking at Emily. We smiled at one another, and I grabbed her up for another hug. "What would I do without a friend like you?" I asked.

"Well, you wouldn't be nearly as cool if you didn't have me," she said.

"Ah yes, that's my best friend, the patron saint of modesty. You're so humble," I snickered.

Em and I leaned against my desk, bickering and laughing. It was nice to relax around her. I really missed living with Em. Her constant presence was comforting, knowing she was always in the next room if I needed something. I was missing that safety net. I'm not sure how long we stayed there, mock-arguing, before I realized something, or rather, someone, was missing.

"Wait, where did Lacey go?" I asked, puzzled. Em and I were alone in my office.

"Maybe she went back to the car," Em said, peering out the blinds to the parking lot. "Nope, I don't see her there."

"Hold on, do you hear that?" I said, shushing Em. "I can hear her voice next door," I shot Em a wide-eyed look. "It's Jamie's office."

Em scrambled out of the door into the hallway, with me at her heels. I raced her to Jamie's doorway, which was opened. Jamie was sitting at his desk, Lacey sitting across from him. They appeared to be calmly conversing.

"What in the hell are you doing?" I said, not sure if I was talking to Lacey or Jamie. Two heads swiveled to look at me.

"Talking," Lacey shrugged.

Em clapped her hands, like she was calling a dog or a naughty toddler. "Lacey, no. That's the bad man," she said.

Jamie snorted, cracking a smile. "Nice to see you, too, Em."

"Jamie," Em gave a brisk nod. At least one of my friends didn't fall under his spell. Thank God.

"Lacey, it was good meeting you. Maybe I'll see you around," he said with a smile, shaking her hand. What a man whore.

"Yeah, it was cool and stuff," Lacey said, the perfect example of eloquent speech.

Em dragged Lacey out into the parking lot, fussing at her. "You can't run off on your own, Lacey. And that's Jamie. He's evil. Bad," Em said, shaking her finger.

"Oh, stuff it," Lacey said. "We were just talking."

"About what?" I asked.

"You, mostly," she told me, before Em crammed her into the car.

---------------------------------

Emily and Lacey stuck true to their word, coming to my apartment to pick me up for drinks. It had been awhile since I had cut loose. I had been so uptight for the past few months, I hadn't really given time to myself to have fun.

I opened the door to let the girls in.

"Is that what you're wearing?" Lacey frowned.

I looked down at myself. I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt. "What's the matter with this?"

"It looks like something that I would paint in," Em stated.

Em marched into my room, immediately beginning to rummage through my closet. She tossed several outfits onto the bed. "I'll give you a choice, but you have to wear something out of this pile." This was something she frequently did, so I sighed and pulled out the more conservative pieces.

I donned a black skirt that had a flounce, ending just above the knee, and a scarlet button up. It was tight across the bust, and Lacey made sure I left the two top buttons undone, baring some cleavage. It was more showy than what I had wanted to wear, but I didn't feel overexposed.

My hair fell in long, brown waves to my mid back. The past few months, I hadn't had time to get it cut, and it had grown quite long again. I quickly applied mascara and lip gloss, refusing to give into anymore of their demands to wear more noticeable makeup.

Em drove us to an Irish pub, one that I had never been to. The girls assured me that it was authentic, and that I would love it.

It was almost too dark inside the bar, with only a few booths, tables, and the bar highlighted with faint spot-lighting. A live band played on a small stage in the background. They seemed to be playing indie music, something I could get into. A fair-sized dance floor was empty in front of the stage.

"It's still early," Lacey told me. It was only nine o'clock. Despite the empty dance floor, the bar was quite crowded. "This place will be jam-packed by midnight."

We were lucky enough to find an empty booth. Lacey was designated driver that evening, and we waited on someone to take our order.

I've said before that I don't handle alcohol well, and I mean it. But tonight, I was ready to drink. I would have a carefree attitude in spite of my horrid week.

"Oh my God," Lacey said, slapping my shoulder repeatedly in an excited manner.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Look at the hottie at the bar," she said under her breath. Sure enough, there was an amazingly cute man at the bar. He was a little older than us, with an athletic build and carefully styled hair.

He gave us a confident smirk as he walked past us, as we continued to check him out. Em started fanning herself with her hand, making me laugh.

"His abs alone were worth the trip," Em muttered.

"So how did you guys find this place?" I asked, looking around. Irish-themed memorabilia was framed and displayed on the walls. It looked real, not like the commercial restaurants claiming to be Irish. "It's totally kickass."

"Yeah, it is. Lacey dated a guy in one of the bands that used to play here. She used to come to his shows, and I tagged along a couple of times," Em told me.

"The band didn't last, neither did the relationship," Lacey said.

"But we kept coming here anyway."

At that moment, a young man with dark brown hair walked up to our table. He held a small tablet in his hand, and wore a waist apron. "What can I get you to drink?"

"Ah!" I squealed at his Irish accent, to which he smiled, rolling his eyes. Em and Lacey smirked at my reaction, already used to it.

Em ordered a Guinness, Lacey ordered a ginger ale, and I ordered a White Russian.

"You didn't warn me that all the guys here are so hot," I accused, whispering to Em.

She gave me a wicked smile, shrugging. She pointed to a man leaning against the wall nearby, talking to a group of women. "Take a look at him," she said.

"I'd like to take more than a look," Lacey murmured. Our waiter returned with the drinks, setting them down on the table. I took a large sip from the glass, relaxing back against the booth.

The music was fun, up-beat, and more and more people filtered into the bar. A few couples started dancing. Em, Lacey and I carried on people watching. We were pointing out all the hot guys, critiquing them.

"Check out the bartender," I said. He looked similar to our waiter, and I would bet twenty dollars that he had a matching accent.

"Oh, that's Liam, I've dated him before," Lacey said.

"Who haven't you dated?" Em quipped, making me giggle. I think I was on my second drink, but wasn't sure. I sure as hell wouldn't be counting tonight.

"Check out the ass on that guy," Lacey said, with a nod to the end of the bar. A tall man was leaning over the bar, ordering a drink. His posture was relaxed, dark, short hair.

"Mmhmm," I murmured in agreement.

Wait a minute, I knew that ass.

That was Jamie's ass!

"Oh my God!" I whisper yelled, sinking down into my seat. Em looked at me worriedly, although her gaze was the tiniest bit glassy.

"What's the matter?" she asked, slumping down with me.

"It's Jamie! That's Jamie!" I said, pointing quickly at the end of the bar. My pulse thumped as heavily as the music coming from the stage.

Em's head whipped around, going, "Oh crap! It is!"

Lacey sat at the edge of the booth, not caring about the two of us losing our minds. She pursed her lips, asking, "What?"

"I've never seen Jamie here before, you gotta believe me, Mads," Em said earnestly, shaking her head for emphasis.

"What's the deal?" Lacey asked. "I told him we were coming here tonight," she shrugged.

I was going to kill her. "That's it," I yelled, throwing myself at her. "I'm going to choke your dumb head off of your dumb shoulders!" Lacey reeled back, sloshing her ginger ale onto the tabletop.

Before I could wrap my hands around her throat, Em pulled me back. "Don't cause a scene! He'll see!" she hissed into my ear.

At that moment, Lacey leaned over, waving a long arm to Jamie. "Hey! Over here! Hey, Jamie!" He turned, recognizing her. He gave her a wave back, walking over to our booth.

"Hey, Lacey. Em, Maddy," he said with a nod hello. He was wearing a dark blue shirt with a black jacket over it. Even I had to admit it looked good.

I felt the blood rush to my face, embarrassed at seeing him outside of work. "What are you doing in a bar?" I asked, more hostile than I had intended. His presence sobered me.

"Lacey invited me," he said simply. He set his beer down, scooting in beside Lacey.

I didn't know who to glare at, so I took turns between the jerk and the bimbo. Em followed suit, and I felt her kick Lacey under the table.

"That was me," Jamie laughed. I shot my leg out to kick Lacey, since Em had missed. My foot struck a shin. "Still me," Jamie said, his shoulders shaking. Lacey chuckled along with him, completely unscathed, damn her.

I looked down at my drink, refusing to leave the booth. We had been here first.

"You look nice tonight," he said, his deep voice rumbling. At first I thought he was talking to our group in general, or even just Lacey. But when I looked up, our gazes connected. His compliment was for me alone.

I swallowed my thank you, looking away from him again.

"So what were you three doing tonight?"

"Enjoying girls night out," Em said, strongly implying that he wasn't welcome. What a way to make me proud.

"Ah, never been on a girls night out before," he said in stride, "What do you do on a girls night out?" God, why wouldn't he just leave? He tortured me all week at work, and now he was taking it into overtime?

"Check out the hot guys," Lacey supplied. "And hit on them, if they don't make the first move." It's impossible to not admire how ridiculously honest Lacey is.

"So, as you can see, it's not really your style," I smirked, tossing my hair. "Run along now, Jamie."

He gave me a hard look. "Does it look like I'm going anywhere? I want to spend my Friday night in the company of three beautiful women, drinking a beer, enjoying the music. Relax, Maddy." He sipped his beer, leaning against the wall of the booth.

"Aw," Em said with a soft look. I shoved her. "What? He called us beautiful," she shrugged. Another win for Team Jamie.

"Traitors," I mumbled. "Fine, but if you want to stay, you have to flirt with a guy."

Lacey choked on her ginger ale, spewing it out onto Jamie's sleeve. He mopped it off with a napkin calmly. "You're joking, right?"

"Hell no. Lacey might have invited you, but I sure as hell did not. As far as I'm concerned, you don't belong at our table,"

"You're being unreasonable, Maddy. Jamie, don't listen to her," Lacey instructed, tugging on Jamie's coat. It was infuriating to watch her basically choose Jamie over me!

"Now, wait. Maybe she has a point," Em said, turning to me. "Maddy, if Jamie actually hits on a guy, can he sit here? I mean, that's a decent compromise, right?" Her pleading eyes turned to me. "Mads, you know he won't do it. Just agree already."

"Fine," I said smugly, certain that he wouldn't have the balls to do it. "I dare you," I hissed across the table.

Jamie raised an eyebrow at me, looking towards the bar. "Sure, pick a guy," he shrugged nonchalantly. My jaw dropped. Surely he wouldn't go through with it. I was positive Jamie was too close-minded to do this, or that he considered himself too macho.

I chose a lanky blond guy in a button-down at the bar. He was alone, nursing what appeared to be a whiskey and coke. "That one," I said, pointing a finger.

Jamie rolled his shoulders, cracking his neck. He headed over to the bar, to the disbelief of me and the girls. We scooted as far to the edge of the table as possible, craning to hear. He leaned against the space near the blond, ordering another beer. I saw him turn, asking what the stranger was having. It was no good, we couldn't make out the words.

It seemed like he was offering to buy him another drink. The guy shook his head, giving Jamie a polite nod. Jamie stayed there for a few more moments, continuing to chat with the man. I couldn't stand it, I snuck up behind the two of them, hoping to hear.

"You sure I can't buy you a drink?" Jamie asked.

"Nah, I'm good, man," Blondy said, with a strong shake of his head. Apparently Jamie had come on a little strong.

"That's a very nice shirt you have on," Jamie told the guy, taking a strong pull from his longneck beer.

"Um, thanks," the guy said. Right then, Jamie caught my eye. I crossed my arms and raised my eyebrows in a challenging manner.

"That all you got?" I mouthed, still unnoticed by Jamie's target. Jamie shrugged, holding out his hands. I shook my head, letting him know his game was weak. He'd have to do a lot better than that, or leave the bar.

"You must work out a lot," Jamie blurted awkwardly. The stranger looked at him for a moment, and even though the lighting was dim, I could see Jamie's cheeks turn red. Blondy left without a second glance, sliding off of the barstool.

I busted out laughing before I could help myself. I collapsed back into the booth, holding my stomach from laughing so hard. Jamie sat down across from me, having well earned the seat. I repeated his lines to Em and Lacey. My stomach was cramping and I couldn't see straight.

"I think I better stick with hitting on women," Jamie said, grinning bashfully.

"No joke, that was terrible," I said, dabbing at my eyes. "Jamie, that was a trainwreck. So, so bad." When I finally looked up, Jamie was smiling at me.

"I think you need a shot," Em told him, signalling the waiter. She ordered three shots of tequila, and two more beers for me and her. Lacey squeezed in another ginger ale.

The waiter served them with a small side of limes and salt. Boy, would he get a good tip. In spite of my feelings to Jamie, I was feeling way too good. His embarrassment had helped lighten my mood, and the alcohol had loosened me up a lot.

For the first time in years, I was around Jamie without thinking how he had hurt me. It didn't send a pain through my heart to look at him. Surely it was only the alcohol. Whatever it was, they could keep it coming. I could regret this all I wanted tonight, but 'Zack' and 'heartbreak' were two words not in my vocabulary tonight.

The more the alcohol flowed, the more we laughed. Everything seemed to be a rioting mess. Somehow, we started a game of dares. I guess it spawned from me daring Jamie to hit on a guy, but soon we were daring one another.

I dared Em to take a shot of Jack Daniels, knowing she hated it.

"You payin'?" Em asked, and I told her yes. "Then I'm game." She did her shot, and then proceeded to think of a dare. "Umm, let's see. Lacey," she slurred. "I dare you, to take off a piece of your clothing right now, right here."

I gasped in surprise, my eyes going wide. Lacey winked, giving me a confident smile. Her hands disappeared under the table, and I watched as she moved around in the booth. We all exchanged interested and disbelieving glances.

Lacey's hands returned to the tabletop, a shoe in hand.

"Ah! I totally thought you were taking off your undies!" Em cried, making me cackle like a madwoman. "That was almost a letdown," she said in a disappointed tone. "So not scandalous."

"Lacey, smart move!" I cried, then threw a hand to my forehead. I must really be trashed if I'm thinking Lacey did something smart.

"Um, okay, who hasn't had a dare yet," Em thought aloud, making me bite my lip. "Jamie! Jamie, it's your turn!" She squealed.

"Alright, I have a dare," he said, meeting my gaze. "Maddy, dance with me. I dare you," he said, leaning in close.

"Ooh! Do it," Em said, overenthusiastic. She shoved me for good measure, making my head spin. I slid out of the booth, wobbling in my heels. What an easy challenge!

"Never let it be said..." I trailed off, as Jamie came to stand beside me. He took my arm, leading me to the dancefloor. The band had left long ago, and a steady mix of classic rock and ballads played over the pub's sound system. It was a slow song, one I couldn't place.

Several couples were swaying to the music, and Jamie and I melted in with them. The darkness hid my flushed cheeks, and I lowered my head as Jamie placed my arms on his shoulders. My back instinctively stiffened as his arms went around my waist.

Although he wasn't holding me tightly, I could feel how warm he was. It made me want to snuggle. If only he was someone else.

We swayed slowly to the music. It had been so long since I had danced in some guy's arms. I felt fluid, languid, effortlessly moved by his strong hands guiding me. I had the mental image of a child being carried in a soft grip.

"This night's been pretty strange, I think," I told him, my gaze centered on his collar.

"You know, other than having to hit on that guy, tonight's been pretty cool," he said, his white smile glowing in the dim light.

I smiled back. "Really? I think that's been my favorite thing to happen so far," I said, chuckling.

"This is my favorite part so far," he said, his hand sliding low to my hip. My heart stuttered in my chest.

"Jamie, what's going on?" I asked, searching his dark eyes. His beautiful face was clear, no shadows or secrets marring his face. Just simple enjoyment of the moment. "I may be drunk, but even I know that this isn't normal."

"What's wrong with it?" he asked.

"This isn't us. This isn't you and me. We're, we're not like this," I said, trying to find the right words in my muddled brain.

"It should be. I like us like this," he said, holding me closer. Or did I move closer into his arms? I couldn't be sure. God, he was so warm. People often underestimate the power of being held. The comfort in a man's body is so seductive. You feel safe, protected, treasured. The last time I had felt like that was when I was seventeen.

Maybe it wasn't any man's arms. Could it be that it was Jamie's arms? Because I've been held in the past four years, and I don't remember feeling like this. Oh, God, Maddy. Don't think like this, don't think like this. This isn't a man you can trust.

"We fight like cats and dogs," I told him, and my voice sounded soft. My usual harsh tone was surprising absent. "Monday we'll go back to hating each other."

"I hate that. I don't want to fight. You're much nicer when your mouth is closed. Joking, joking," he laughed at my expression. "Why do we even fight so much?"

Now that snapped me out of my trance. "Hello, heart broken, ring any bells?"

"Right, sorry."

We were quiet for a few moments, and I relaxed further into his arms.

"At least I never used you for a job," he muttered.

"No, but you crushed my heart in an agonizing way. In such a hateful way. Why?" For all the emotion I put into my words, we could have been talking about the weather. I was calm, peaceful. Our past seemed like a surreal memory, possibly having never happened.

I felt Jamie's breath against my neck as he sighed. "Let's not talk about it now. Things were... complicated. And I know that that's trite, and stupid, and selfish of me," he said, his voice soft, sincere. "Believe me, more than anything, I would have changed the manner I had done it."

"Would you still have done it?" I asked shamelessly, dreamily. His heart thumped under my cheek.

"I don't know," he said.

We moved in unison for a long time. At one point, I realized how very close our bodies were, and all the areas that brushed against him burned. I wanted to glue myself to him. Why wasn't I always this comfortable? The man was a walking heater. My hands fisted in his shirt, my arms wrapped around his waist underneath his jacket. My eyes closed.

He smelled so good, he felt so good. He even said the right words. Who was he, and what had he done with Jamie Thompson?

"Mads, Mads, we gotta go," Em's voice said behind us. I vaguely felt her tapping on my shoulder. Jamie backed away from me, and I almost groaned at the loss. I blearily looked at Em, making out her blondness.

"C'mon, Lacey's pulling the car around," she said, nodding her head to the exit. I looked back at Jamie, who's expression was unreadable in the shadows.

"Okay," I murmured, being led away like a child, leaving Jamie standing there.

We walked out of the pub, the street sounding dismally quiet without music and conversation.

The night air seemed chilly, although it was Fall still. I rubbed my arms to get rid of the goosebumps forming there. Winter would be here before we knew it. I looked up at the sky, stars peeking around metal clouds. I stumbled a bit, catching myself.

Lacey drove up to us in Em's car. Em called shotgun, and as I was getting into the backseat as a pair of hands pulled me back. I was quickly twirled around, and my reflexes were impaired enough to keep me from reacting defensively.

Jamie stood there, an expression on his face that I can only describe as a starving man. It looked, I don't know. Desperate, maybe.

His lips crashed down on me, his lips easily parting mine. A moan bubbled out before I could stop it, and my arms wrapped around him. He held my face in his hands, softly cupping my face. His lips dominated mine, wildly leading me. It triggered something in me, and I buried a hand in his hair, gripping tightly. I pulled his body closer and closer. We meshed together, desperation and neediness building and cresting. I felt his tongue plunge into my mouth, and I could have died right there.

I broke away for air just as the catcalls started. Em and Lacey were whistling and laughing from the car, both peering out of the driver's side window. Em leaned against the horn, drawing attention from inside the bar.

I blushed, sliding down from Jamie's grip. I stared into his eyes, and licked my lips, tasting him there. His gaze had never been that molten before. It burned me, making something inside my stomach twinge.

I ached to touch him again. Instead, I got in the car. He stood there on the corner, watching as we drove away. A single street light highlighted his solitary form on the concrete. For all the world, he looked to be a man all alone.

---------------------------------

The next morning, I woke to my head pounding angrily against my skull. I was wearing one heel, my panties and bra, and my scarlet button-down I had worn last night, with most of the buttons undone.

"I hope you had the decency to stay fastened last night," I told the buttons, frowning down at them.

I fought back waves of nausea as I sat up on the side of the bed. My head throbbed with every movement I made.

I took a long shower, popped some Advil, changed into my sweats and fell back asleep.

For the second time, I woke to pounding. But not from my head. Sharp knocking was coming from my door. I stumbled out of bed, making it to the entrance of my apartment. I didn't bother to check who it was, and threw the door open angrily.

Jamie stood there, hands in his pockets. I peered at him, the sunlight hurting my eyes. Everything I had done came rushing back to me. I was suddenly nauseated for a whole other reason.

"Can we talk?" he asked.

-----------------------------

Okay, so yeah.

Let me know what you think - what you liked - who you liked, etc.

I want to know your reactions! And as always, please vote-comment-fan.

Love, Ohainurse!

Continue Reading