The Nerd [BXB]

By SmileOfSketch

The Nerd ๐ŸŒป Theo Walker - the nerd. After being unknown in his school for most of his years, he begins t... More

The Nerd
1 ๐– ‡ Does Anyone Know Theodore Walker?
3 ๐– ‡ Guide To Breaking The Heartbreaker's Heart
4 ๐– ‡ Night Book Discussions
5 ๐– ‡ Claustrophobic Parties
6 ๐– ‡ Being Awkward Suits Me
7 ๐– ‡ Best Lunch Partner
8 ๐– ‡ Avoiding Bad Influences
9 ๐– ‡ The Secret Life of Oscar
10 ๐– ‡ A Not-So-Bad Working Partner
11 ๐– ‡ The Nerd and The Bad Boy
12 ๐– ‡ An Unusual Morning in Sunset City
13 ๐– ‡ Teenage Reputation Is Non-Existent
14 ๐– ‡ Brownies and Kisses
15 ๐– ‡ Genesis Actually Has Feelings
16 ๐– ‡ Sharing Is Caring, Right?
17 ๐– ‡ If Time Travel Was Possible
18 ๐– ‡ Never Deny An Invitation
19 ๐– ‡ Meet The Walkers
20 ๐– ‡ A Thanksgiving With Harvey
21 ๐– ‡ To Be Grateful
22 ๐– ‡ Change of Plans
23 ๐– ‡ Unknown Instincts
24 ๐– ‡ Everyone Knows Theodore Walker
25 ๐– ‡ A Carnival in Town
26 ๐– ‡ The Moon Shines for Us
27 ๐– ‡ Burns You To The Core
28 ๐– ‡ Everything Will Be Alright, Harvey
29 ๐– ‡ A New Roommate
30 ๐– ‡ Define Happiness and Cruelty
31 ๐– ‡ With Love Comes Fear
32 ๐– ‡ Overwhelming Awkwardness
33 ๐– ‡ Clingy Past
34 ๐– ‡ Pain is Temporary
35 ๐– ‡ Sad Driving Hours
36 ๐– ‡ DiscreetAthlete15
37 ๐– ‡ Ask Me For A Poem
38 ๐– ‡ A Conversation With A Ghost
39 ๐– ‡ "I Didn't Know You Were So Talented With Balls"
40 ๐– ‡ Cheers For A Brighter Future
41 ๐– ‡ Harvey and Oscar
42 ๐– ‡ Genesis' First Heartbreak
43 ๐– ‡ I Want To Breathe
44 ๐– ‡ Family Movie Night
45 ๐– ‡ Apology > Revenge
46 ๐– ‡ A Thousand Meanings
47 ๐– ‡ Cupid's On A Mission
48 ๐– ‡ Do You Have A Conscience?
49 ๐– ‡ One Less Roommate

2 ๐– ‡ Temptation Is A B*tch

16.8K 594 1.2K
By SmileOfSketch

   "So we saw that Harvey talked to you."

My eyes dart to the three girls leaning over the isolated lunch table located at the very corner of the cafeteria. A place that has been reserved by me since the time I stepped into this prestigious high school and realized that there was no one worth being friends with.

Ok. That's a lie.

The truth is no one wants to befriend the new boy/nerd.

"How do you know—"

"We follow him everywhere," the girl with pastel pink, curly hair that ends above her shoulders snaps, expressionless as she speaks.

"We are no stalkers," the dark-haired one with long hair adds. "We simply admire."

The middle girl with the light—almost white—blonde hair eyes me carefully. "Beauty is a rare thing."

I swallow my tatter tot. "What are you trying to say?"

"What I am trying to—"

"We," the pink-haired girl corrects the middle one.

She rolls her eyes. "What we are trying to say is that you need to tear him apart."

I lean away from them, almost toppling down the seat. "First of all, who are you three?"

"I'm Blaire Thompson," says the girl with the pink hair as she readjusts her cat ears.

The blond hair one goes next. "Genesis Davenport."

Finally, the girl with dark hair. "Aurora Velasquez."

"My name is—"

"Theo Walker," Genesis says.

Wow.

These girls truly love interrupting people.

"We researched everything about you," Aurora lets me know.

"We have the habit of doing that," Blaire says, throwing her hair behind her. "Never gets old."

The three stare at me, deep into my soul.

"We know you have been single all your life," Aurora reminds me, heating my cheeks with her unnecessary comment. "No first kiss yet."

"You are adopted," Genesis continues.

   My eyes widen. "I am?"

   Genesis looks at her friends with her mouth half-open.

   I chuckle. "I already knew."

   They don't laugh at my joke—instead, they go on

   "You moved to Sunset City at the age of thirteen after both of your moms got divorced," proceeds Aurora.

I look down, memories flooding back. "Get to the point," I snap, not wanting them to continue talking.

"We did," Genesis says.

Blaire places both hands on the table. "We want you to rip Harvey Cohen apart until there is nothing left of him for anyone else to idolize."

   Aurora joins her, slamming her hands hard on the wood. "Make his life a swirl of emotions that punch him right on his feels."

   Genesis smiles at her girls like a proud mother. "Harvey has to shed an ocean of tears for you, Theo."

   I chuckle, laying a hand on my mouth. "Why would I want that?"

   Genesis smirks. "You want recognition."

   I tilt my head to the side. "Do I?"

   "For your books," Aurora adds, not removing her eyes from me.

   "How would you become a New York Times Best-Seller in the future with a book with no reads?" Blaire asks.

   I lean back, away from their bubblegum scent.

   Yes. I write.

   At the age of four, when I began to appreciate the use of television, I discovered the art of storytelling. Yes, I was young—but I already knew what I wanted. For that same reason, I wanted to start school. In elementary, I picked up my first book and impressed my librarian by my option. Harry Potter. How can a kindergartner read such a lengthy book?

   Well, guess what?

   I did.

   From then on, I couldn't stop reading—it was like an addiction consuming every second of my life—until I was one-thousand percent sure that literature was my passion. Now, I wasn't going to be reading books for the living. I wanted to write them and prove that I have more in storage than the transphobic J. K. Rowling herself.

   Some day, in the future, there will be a book that shakes the world and puts me high in society. And the name written underneath the title will be Theo Walker.

New York Times Best-Seller.

   But these three ladies are right.

   I have no readers—so who is there to praise me?

   I chew the inside of my cheek before glancing back at them. "What do I do?"

   The three look at each other and smile. Suddenly, at the same time, they grab the chairs in front of them and pull them out before plopping down. Their hands rest on the table, ready for business.

   Their determinant stare comes back to me.

   "If our assumptions are accurate—which are rarely wrong—he will speak to you as soon as you step out of biology since that's the exact time he comes out of his athletics class," Blaire explains, tapping her Apple Watch. "At two fifty-five."

   "For being a jock, he is not dumb at all," Aurora sums to the information. "He knows the spell any boy can cast on a girl or guy when he has sweat dripping from the tips of his hair and his muscles are bulging after a hard workout."

   "We all fell for that spell," Genesis points out. "We can't let that happen to you."

   "Girls," I finally speak, "why would he come talk to me?"

   They look at each other. Again.

   "We overestimated him," Aurora says as if I'm not hearing.

   "Are you sure he's a nerd?" Blaire asks, pointing her thumb at me. "Nerds as supposed to be intelligent."

   Genesis locks eyes with me. "Theo, Harvey likes you."

   I blink twice quickly, not able to react quickly. Then it hits me, like a tsunami slamming into my body without warning. Harvey Cohen, the guy known to break hearts, has an interest in me?

   "Wait," I go on, "what makes you think I am gay?"

   Blaire bites her bottom lip to hide her laugh.

   Aurora scratches the back of her hair, looking at Genesis for answers.

   "The way you looked at him," Genesis explains. "For half a second, I witnessed the glint of attraction reflecting through your eyes."

"Let's not forget the time you blushed when he wouldn't remove his eyes off you," Blaire says, placing her hands on her cheeks.

Aurora nods. "That is enough evidence."

   The heat rises back up to my cheeks, traveling up my throat.

   "So," she continues, "are you gay?"

   I nod, sighing loudly. "Yes."

   "Now, here is the real question." She leans closer. "Are you willing to date Harvey for the whole purpose that your books get the recognition they deserve?"

   "Join us," Aurora cheers. "Trust me when I say that those books will hit one-thousand views in a day."

   "We can give your career that little push it needs," Blaire follows. "Who knows? Maybe a business person will recognize your upcoming fame and will want to publish physical copies of your work all around the world."

   Their offer is tempting. Too tempting.

   I take a deep breath, tapping my foot on the floor uncontrollably.

   "Just say the words," Blaire teases, looking at my lips to decipher the words about to come out.

   "Fine," I agree, unsure of my decision. "I am in."

_____

A\N: Like and comment for more pls! Also, what do you think of this chapter?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

434K 11.8K 20
Theo finds not one but two men of his dreams when he accidentally falls for the Baumann twins. Not that it is hard to do with such hot guys, but gett...
25.7K 596 67
I put on a show only for him in front of hundreds of people. I bring one hand up to my hair flicking them to the other side, trailing that hand down...
276K 10.3K 26
Charlie Holloway has great friends, good grades, a steady part-time job he actually likes, and athletic ability that makes him a star in two sports...
482K 17.7K 54
Theo is hopelessly in love with his childhood best friend, Kit. At least, he thought it was hopeless, until the Moon blessed him by making Kit his ma...