Helping The Poltergeist // H...

By Dane_E_L

You know how the moon only glows because it's reflecting off of the sun? Well that's me with him. He's my sun... More

Helping The Poltergeist
Chapter 2: Mr. Know-It-All
Chapter 3: The Past
Chapter 4: 13th Floor
Chapter 5: She Lies
Chapter 6: Another Jerk
Chapter 7: It's You
Chapter 8: Just Like the Others
Chapter 9: Regrets Are the Worst
Chapter 10: Definitely Not
Chapter 11: Before the Worst
Chapter 12: Memories
Chapter 13: Poltergeist
Chapter 14: Small World
Chapter 15: Rainbows in Summer
Chapter 16: Spirit Photobomber
Chapter 17: Amber's Request
Chapter 18: Red Dress
Chapter 19: Never Mine
Chapter 20: Mirror, Mirror of Develed
Chapter 21: A Walk in the Hayfield
Chapter 22: Same Mistakes
Chapter 23: One Shot at Happiness
Chapter 24: We Got Your Back
Chapter 25: Hideout
Chapter 26: Ephemeral
Chapter 27: Strong Enough
Chapter 28: What If
Chapter 29: Agatha
Chapter 30: A Love, Unrequited
Chapter 31: Black Lady
Chapter 32: Uninvited
Chapter 33: A Flicker of Hope
Chapter 34: Intuition
Chapter 35: Back to Her Side
Chapter 36: Fair Farewell
Chapter 37: Of All People
Chapter 38: Prisoners of the Past
Chapter 39: Evil Deed
Chapter 40: Cold Case
Chapter 41: All Will be Well
Chapter 42: Farewell Gift
Chapter 43: Of Hope and Love
EPILOGUE

Chapter 1: Green

805 8 0
By Dane_E_L

Hello guys!

I can’t tell you how happy and excited I am to finally publish here on Wattpad my 2nd novel, Helping the Poltergeist.  You might wanna read my first one too: My X Bestfriend. J

Here it is!

Hollie

I woke up with an awful pain in my head. People in white gowns approached me. It was all confusing. I try to stand up from my bed and get out of this place but the doctors stopped me. Then a nurse injected a syringe on my I.V and soon I swayed until my legs gave out.

~

A little over an hour has passed since I was sedated.

 “How are you feeling?”  I was greeted by an old woman. I can tell by her voice that she is, not because of her countenance.  Her kind eyes made me calm somehow or maybe, the sedative drug still hasn’t wear off. The woman helps me up on a seating position for my arms and legs feel like jelly. I look at my surroundings and I knew I was in a hospital but I can’t remember why I was there.

“Wh-who are you? What happened? Why am I here?” Frowning, I return my gaze to the lady and she wasn’t looking at me. I kept an alternate look from my surroundings to the woman to check for any clue. I just can’t understand! I’m devastated with all of this.

“I’m afraid I can’t answer that.” She penitently said to me. “Look, just lie down and take a rest. You’re-”

“Please help me! I need to get out of here.” I begged to the woman though I’m not sure where to go. She just stared at me and then at the door, as if waiting for someone to bust in and haul me to hell.

Fear stayed with me like a friend. All this uncertainties are starting to engulf me. That and I being not able to figure out where I am, who this woman is, what I was doing here, and to top it all, who I am.

Why should I be in this oppressive situation?

“J-just calm down. No one’s going to hurt you.”

“Please! Please, tell me! Who am I? Who am I?” I cried to her in deep distress. Not knowing who you are is like you’ve been given the tools and the power while forgetting to hand over the knowledge.

“What?” The lady asked in deep shock, her eyes wide with fear.

After 5 months...                                                                                                                                         

Zenny told me about my mother dying due to an accident, which was also the reason why I lost my memory. My father died long ago before my mom could give birth to me.

 She told me she was a family friend and my relatives can’t take me in for they were financially incapable of taking care of me while she is. Strange, right?

Curiosity made my whole body itch and have this yearning for the things about me and my past but Zenny gave me no time to ask her questions because every time I would open my mouth, she would leave our conversation and tell me she forgot to close the faucet in the bathroom or she has to cook something; anything just to excuse herself.

 I was in a coma for three months but it felt like years. Anyone would feel the same way I do. Waking up without any knowledge of your own personality? It’s just such an overwhelming shock to me!

By the way, the name’s Hollie Agatha Rosenberg. Seventeen. Period. That’s all I know, or at least that’s what I’ve been told. It’s not much, but at least I’ve got a name.

Zenny lives in a sleepy small town of Bliss and I moved in with her. Contrary to the name of the place, it isn’t anywhere near blissful. There were no trees, or any form of plantation. Only rows and rows of grim-coloured houses suffocating me like thick smoke.

I feel dreadful to know that I’ve forgotten about myself. That somehow, inside of me lays the true me. I just can’t seem to extract me from me. Zenny says that I shouldn’t be in a hurry, because all will fall in its right place at the right time. No matter how much I try to think of what she said, I just couldn’t figure out what she really meant.

To redeem myself from being ignorant with things that a teenager like me must know, I watch a lot of reality TV shows and read a lot of books, which just really bores me to death. Zenny doesn’t seem to mind me wasting all the money in those things. Come to think of it, I always find it bizarre of my guardian to be able to afford the school I go to and groceries just for me.

~

“Hollie! Breakfast in ten!” Zenny calls out to me. She doesn’t need me to respond or give any acknowledgement because she knows that I heard her the first time.

Every day is like this for five months. Groggily waking up early; have Zenny ferry me to school; study hard and even harder for I was way behind the lessons; wait for Zenny to pick me up at the end of school; write on my journal; eat dinner; and lastly, go to sleep, which is seemingly difficult for me.

Ever since I woke up from a coma, I always dream of nothingness. It’s just dark and then a woman would cry my name. I thought perhaps the woman was my mother. Whenever I give it too much thought, my skull would threaten to burst and my head will start to hurt. So I just stopped meddling on it.

The school I attend is no ordinary school at all. Not only because they have their own McDonald’s inside but also because it is a prestige school. I am not exaggerating! Sons and daughters of the richest and famous people go there. Not to mention, young celebrities themselves attend this school. But that doesn’t stop high school from being high school.

I’m not in awe or anything. I can’t even remember any of my favourite actors or actresses or perhaps the old me doesn’t really have any. I am no movie freak at all, and I feel that somehow the old Hollie is too.

Every day was the same.

At school, I was neither at the bottom nor at the top of the food chain. I was invisible. Except on my third week when Brent finds it funny to throw crumpled papers at my direction.

“Psst! Aggie!” Brent whisper-yells to me.

Yes, they all fancied calling me ‘Aggie’ because my name was funny.

Exactly what kind of humour do my schoolmates have?

“Aggie! Aggie! Aggie!” Why does it feel like Brent’s voice is inside my head?

“Aggie! Psst! Come!”

“Aggie! Come with me.”

“Shut up!” I roared to no one, my hands on my ears. I glance at Brent who was actually too far away from me to be able to whisper his scornful mockery of my name to my ears.

Now that was weird than me.

“Excuse me?” I turn around and was faced by our teacher. “Does my lecturing bother you?” Her nose was flared, signalling that she’s angry.

“I-I’m sorry Ms. Wi-Winskonski!” My classmates sniggered at my stuttering state. This too much attention is just too oppressing.

“It’s Winooski!” She corrected me.

I open my mouth and close them again. It’s much better to shut it. That did it though. Ms. Winkonski, Winkooski or whatever the hell her name was returned to her desk. I inwardly sighed in relief. But then I saw her scrawling on a piece of paper which colour is not my favourite. Green.

She struts with a conceited gait to me and handed me the piece of paper that had my name on it. “Head to Mr. Shanushka and you’ll know your fate.”

Mister what? What was the name again? Seriously? Am I the only one finding their names weird?

I refrain myself from rolling my eyes and left class. At least I’m alone and out of anyone’s sight. I’m no gaucherie, I just prefer being alone without everyone adding in to my headache.

I climbed the very steep stairs to the third floor. I was not really feeling well that day.

As I was walking down the hall, I heard it again.

“Aggie.” It was faint though. I stop dead on my tracks. The hallway was completely empty. I literally shook my head. It’s just my imagination.

I look down at the green paper and realise it was a detention slip. “How crude! Ugh!”

“Aggie.” This time it sounded as though the speaker was behind me. All the hairs in my body stand. Goosebumps start to erupt on my arms.

I waited. A minute passed and... nothing.

See? There’s nothing. You’re just imagining things with that airhead of-

Without warning, the floor started to wobble. Maybe this is just one of my twisted nightmares. How? I’m wide awake!

Then I started to see fog coming out of my mouth. It was freezing cold. And it’s summer too!

This school isn’t haunted, is it?

My hands try to warm my arms as I rub them but to no avail. I whimpered in fear and closed my eyes tight, willing for it to go away. I thought that was the end of it. The floor stopped moving and the temperature was back to normal.

Gently and ever so slowly, I open my eyes. I waited again for no less than a minute to confirm if I was just imagining it.

“It’s not your imagination.”

The voice was nearer or so. I don’t care how far or near at all! I just want to get out of here. I kick hard on the ground and run and run and run out of that place as fast as I could. I keep on looking back fearing it might gain on me.

Much to my consternation, every locker I pass by flew open and all of its contents were thrown in my direction.

I was in too much fright that I wasn’t paying the slightest attention to where I was going. In my fear that if I stop even for a second, I just keep on propelling forward, I didn’t notice someone had come out of a room. I run into him and he accidentally pushed me on my breast. My freaking private part!

“Aaaargh!”

My butt hit the floor with an Oomph! and I hastily stood up to run away again, not really ignoring that someone has just touched me on my private part. I just need to get out of that area before I vent out my anger because of that embarrassing moment.

Just keep on running! I thought to myself.But I was jerked back when the guy grabbed my wrist.

“Not so fast Ms. Flat-chested!”

All fear gone in a snap as my face heat up at once. I stare at the guy that I bumped. His curly brown hair tousled like it was windy –or he actually faced an industrial fan to have that wind-swept effect. There was a playful sneer on his lips... and his eyes... damn those eyes...

Oh, I just hate that colour!

I pull my arm off his grasp and resume my escape.

END

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186K 4.2K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
1.5M 49.2K 66
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...