Two Bad Girls

By xXxEeRrxXx

Bridgette "Brie" Campbell is 25 years old, has long brunette hair that reaches the back of her shoulders. Her... More

Chapter 2: The Arrogant Model
Chapter 3: The Rude Tattoo Artist
Chapter 4: My Sister From Another Mother
Chapter 5: Men of the House
Chapter 6: Stepping into the Limelight
Chapter 7: Underneath The Tattoo
Chapter 8: Caught in a Crossfire
Chapter 9: Slumber Party
Chapter 10: The Farmhouse
Chapter 11: Melting the Ice
Chapter 12: The Sinclairs
Chapter 13: A Day Full of Art
Chapter 14: A Game of Hockey
Chapter 15: Promiscuous
Chapter 16: The Discovery
Chapter 17: Abduction
Chapter 18: Dorothy
Chapter 19: Olivia
Chapter 20: The Heart Holds The Answer
Chapter 21: Against All Odds
Chapter 22: Be In Love
Chapter 23: Bargaining
Chapter 24: Isolation
Chapter 25: Married Life
Chapter 26: Missing In Action
Chapter 27: Heart broken
Chapter 28: Living While Dying
Chapter 29: My Other Half
Chapter 30: 'Til Death Do Us Part
Chapter 31: Sunrise
Chapter 32: The Devil Is An Angel
Chapter 33: Loving Two Bad Girls
Author's Note

Chapter 1: Welcome to Coffee Sanctuary

4.8K 121 25
By xXxEeRrxXx

AN: Hey there guys! This will be my second book. Just a disclaimer this is not related to the first one, this is a whole new story with new characters I hope you'll love.

If you haven't read my first book, please check it out! ;)

*****************************

*Bzzzzzt* *Bzzzzzt* *Bzzzzzt*

The sound of my alarm pierced through my ears.

I reached out for my phone on my side table and glanced at the clock.

7:00 AM

I burried my face into my pillow, right after I saw the time.

"C'mon Brie, you have to get to work." I said to myself and with all the strength I have, I sat up on my bed.

My name is Bridgette Campbell, my friends and family call me "Brie". I own a café in Downtown called "Coffee Sanctuary" and my life pretty much revolves around it.

Having a café in Downtown is challenging. All those busy people in a hurry to catch a coffee break in the middle of their work, or those that are trying to get a quick coffee before they get on their buses are my daily costumers.

You get the idea, for a café that has books and magazines you can go through to chill, mine's really busy.

The idea of putting up a café is my mom's. She's Filipina and lived in Batangas, a place in the Philippines famous for their coffee. When she was still with us, she would dream of putting up a nice little coffee shop, with books and board games where people can find peace. That's the reason I took up business management, her dream have always inspired me. It's just sad that she passed away even before I was able to put up her dream business.

My daily routine involves waking up at 7 AM from Tuesday until Saturday and get ready for work. I open my cafe at 10 in the morning, so I had to be there about 45 minutes before. From 10 AM till 10 PM, I stay there. Sometimes in my office, most of the time helping out my employees.

After 10 PM, I stay for 30 more minutes to finish up the sales records for the day. I usually get home at 11 PM, hit the sack and boom! On to the next day.

I know my life's pretty boring. I guess that's what you expect when you're living alone. You try to keep yourself busy so you won't notice the empty house you live in.

Since my mom died, I live in this five bedroom house alone. My dad and older brother are not around that much because of their work.

My dad is part of the Canadian Armed Forces and my brother is a professional hockey player. Dad stays wherever he's deployed and my brother usually stays in the province or state where his game will be.

I just finished taking a quick shower, so I started to blow dry my hair. I usually eat breakfast at my café. Since I live alone, cooking my meal is just a waste of time. I let my wavy hair down, put on some light make up, grabbed my keys and off to work.

-----

"Good morning ma'am" Samantha, one of my baristas greeted as I enter the café.

"I told you, just call me Brie" I replied and she just smiled back.

She's been working with me, from the day I opened my business. I have nine employees in total: three baristas, three servers that work in rotation shifts, some are part-time, others work full-time; one assistant manager who is on vacation right now and two maintenance crews, one for morning and one for the evening shift. 

We serve all kinds of coffee, sandwhiches and different types of breakfast. Also, it's a sanctuary for people who's trying to find peace in this busy city. There are books and magazines free to read as you savour the tasty coffee.

I went to my office to check the inventory before we open. Samantha followed and brought me my breakfast - two toasts, bacon and eggs with diced hash browns on the side and black coffee.

"Do you need anything else, ma'am... Brie?" she asked slightly fumbling on her words when she tried to call me by my name.

"No, thank you. Go help the others" I answered with a smile.

Samantha is like a younger sister to me, she's just 18 years old. She decided to work full-time for me so she can quickly save money and enroll in a University. Her hair is black and short, about 5 feet tall, pale white skin and small eyes which smiles whenever she does.

I finished up checking the inventory for today while eating my breakfast and made sure that all of my employees scheduled for today are here. I looked at the clock and it's five minutes before 10. I grabbed my name tag and bunned my hair before I step out of my office.

I looked around before I flip the sign to "Open", because once I do, in less than fifteen minutes people will start to come in like bees trying to make honey.

I always help out my employees specially during peak hours, which is basically from the time we open until lunch time. I have limited resources when it comes to staff so I have to be hands-on. Time will come that I can hire more people but for now, we have to make it work.

"Good morning, will you have the usual?" I asked Ben as soon as I approached his table.

"Don't I always?" he replied with a soft voice and sweet smile.

Ben is one of my regular customers. He's a retired veteran and likes spending his time in my café. Every morning he reads the newspaper while drinking his coffee on his favorite spot - the corner table near the counter. According to him, the aroma of the freshly brewed coffee soothes his mind, that's why he likes sitting near where the coffee machine is.

"Here you go, Ben" I said as I place Ben's coffee on his table.

"You know? That smile could be sweeter" he replied with a husky voice.

"Sorry?" I asked.

"Your smile, it could be sweeter. Maybe you need to find a man for it to be more sweet" he answered.

"Oh, Ben. I don't know about that"

"You'll never know, or perhaps a beautiful lady like you?" he said with a sly smile.

"Enjoy your coffee" I replied and gave him an embarassed smile.

I don't know if I'm that obvious or he's just been going here for a long time that he might have noticed that.

I dated men before, but I find myself more attracted to women. I have had several girlfriends back in college and even before I put up this business. I also had flings with other girls whom I've met here but in all those relationships, I never felt happy. I don't know, maybe I'm too boring that even relationships don't excite me.

Yes, there would be butterflies whenever we kiss, an unexplainable feeling whenever we make love but every time that's not happening, I feel that my life is just so dull. I tried to stay positive about everything, but I guess I'm doing a terrible job at it that even an old veteran would notice I am not happy.

-----

Hours went by fast whenever we're busy. I just noticed that it's already 10 PM when Samantha came in to my office with the money from the cash register.

"Here's for today" she said.

"Thank you, take care on your way home" I replied.

"You'll stay late again?" she asked.

"I just need to finish up the numbers for today before I head home"

"Since Sir Rey went on vacation you've never spent any time outside the café" Samantha said concernedly.

Rey is my assistant manager and because he's on vacation for a month, I had to do both of our work.

"I'm fine, don't worry too much. I'm a big girl" I replied and winked at her. She waved goodbye and stepped out of the office.

Few moments later, I've finished my work, locked everything and went home.

I arrived in a big empty house. I sighed as I placed my keys on my side table and laid on my bed. I'm happy about my work and business. I'm also glad that I am able to help people get a job, but the whole thing is very monotonous.

Will this be my life everyday? Plain and boring, only revolves around the café and...boring.

I browsed through my phone and saw my friends' social media posts. Most of them are getting married, some have kids, others are going on vacation with their partners.

I stopped and placed my phone down. I tried to recall my past relationships, do I have the same smile as my friends whenever I'm with my partner? Do we go out and explore the world? Did I ever think about marrying any of them?

Shit! I can't answer those questions, even for myself. Am I that independent that my happiness doesn't involve another person?

Maybe I'm meant to be alone. I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.

*****************************
Alright! That's to start our new story. This book will be updated on a regular basis -- Sunday CST

See you again next update. Please comment and vote! ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

332K 11.1K 52
"I need you to stop bullying Reese." Oh, so it was because of her friend. "I-I will do anything, just make it stop." Her eyes softened along with her...
1.4M 31.6K 29
(GXG)"Tell me what you want me to do to you. It's just a bit of role play" I decided to play along "I want you to eat me out" I whispered and she sa...
792K 26.8K 67
Zach is your typical nerd. loves to read, loves to draw, loves to bake, and decorate cakes in his family bakery. and of course, gay. Brian is your ty...
16.3K 1K 35
(#2 Book in the dance series.) Lea Rovera is a 24 y/o aspiring artist that has been inseparable from her best friend Estelle Beaufort at The Pink Ros...