THE NIGHTMARES โ€ข Max Mayfield

By libbyy_x

๐‘ป๐‘ฏ๐‘ฌ ๐‘ต๐‘ฐ๐‘ฎ๐‘ฏ๐‘ป๐‘ด๐‘จ๐‘น๐‘ฌ๐‘บ | โThey would never leave, the nightmares, but when I'm with you I dream.โž ... More

๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ: The Nightmares.
ACT ONE โ†ด
01
02
03
04
05
06
08

07

174 5 0
By libbyy_x

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────
THE NIGHTMARES
───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

⋆✩⋆

ASHLYNN HARRINGTON WAS only a half sister to Steve. They both had the same mother, yet their fathers were different.

The eventful week of last year took place at almost the exact same time as Wills disappearance. Hawkins had never had this much to worry about at once, two disappearances. Although Wills was supernatural, and a lot harder to figure out, Ashlynns was not.

"Earth to Lynny?" Lucas waved his hands infront of the girls face. Ashlynn jumped back to life almost instantly.

"Sorry." Ashlynn laughed, looking around at the crowd of students parading out of school, "Daydreaming."

"Its okay." Lucas smiled, falling back into step beside Ashlynn. It was recess now, so the pair of them walked toward Dustin, Mike and Max who sat on the stairs infront of one of the school buildings.

"Can i walk you home after school?" Lucas asked after a few more steps. They walked in silence for another few steps before Ashlynn hummed.

"Sure, if you wanna break the news to Steve." Ashlynn laughed. Lucas' eyes brightened.

"Really?" Lucas grinned, recieving another small chuckle and a nod from the girl beside him.

"Im trying to be more social." Ashlynn shrugged.

Lucas stopped in his tracks, making Ashlynn pause too. The pair turned to each other and before Ashlynn could ask why he stopped, Lucas wrapped his arms around her waist. Ashlynn stood for a second, pondering what to do, before wrapping her own arms around Lucas' shoulders.

"Im proud of you Lynny."

From where the pair stood Dustin, Max and Mike could see them clearly. Dustin and Mike highfived, celebrating Lucas' confidence. Max, sat with her head in her hands looking at the pair with sadness slowly taking over her features. She envied Lucas and how comfortable Ashlynn was with him, she wanted to be as close a friend to Ashlynn as Lucas was.

"Thank you." Ashlynn whispered, pulling away from the hug with a smile.

The pair then proceeded to walk in comfortable silence toward the group on the stairs, Lucas with a bright smile. Mike greeted Lucas with a excited highfive. Ashlynn sat beside Max, who gave her a small sad smile.

"You okay?" Ashlynn asked, watching as the redhead fidgeted with her skateboard. All she recieved was a nod and a hum.

Ashlynn didnt bother to question her friend, too nervous she might recieve an angry response and she just didnt have the energy. Footsteps pattered against the stairs beside her as Mike walked toward the telephone box on the wall a few feet away from the steps where the group stood.

"Hes phoning Wills house." Lucas told her. Ashlynn just hummed, her eyes lingering on the redhead beside her for a few moments more. Max could feel the eyes on her, she guessed, as her blue eyes met Ashlynns quickly before the pair broke eyecontact and returned to fidgeting with their belongings.

A few minutes later, Mike was running over to them. Ashlynn watched him, hoping that he got an answer from the Byers. Will and Ashlynn had built somewhat of a silent bond, trauma really did bring people together. Not always in the worst ways either.

"Anything?" Lucas shouted from his spot against the rail as the boy ran toward them.

"We need to talk. AV room. Right now." Mike told them, the group grabbing their things and standing from their seats as he jogged up the stairs. Max and Ashlynn begun to make their way up the stairs behind him, and Mike turned to the redhead abruptly.

"Party members only." Mike said rudely. Ashlynn huffed, turning to take her seat on the steps again.

"Lynny, you're a member." Lucas told her, opening the door to the building.

"Come on Mike." Dustin told him.

"No! This is non-negotiable. Ashlynn can come, but she stays."

"No, ill stay here with Max." Ashlynn told him, fed up with his rudeness toward the redhead. Lucas lingered for a second, but followed shortly after him and Dustin apologised to Max.

"Hes a rat." Ashlynn muttered, sitting on a step above Max as the pair returned to their places. Max laughed slightly, growing comfortable again in the girls alone presence.

"So, you and Lucas?" Max wondered, her chin against her hand nonchalantly. Ashlynns eyes grew wide.

"What do you mean by that?" She inquired.

"Well, you two seem like you like each other." Max turned to her, "Am I wrong?"

Ashlynn giggled to herself, pulling her sweater sleeves over her hands to form her frequent comfortable sweater paws.

"Absolutely not." Ashlynn told her, "Hes like a brother to me."

Max grimaced, "I dont think he'd be too happy to hear that."

Ashlynn pondered on the thought, wondering if she was right but decided to ignore the likelihood of Lucas liking her in a 'crush' way. Max raised her eyebrows, moving her body to lean against the white fence of the school steps so she could easily face Ashlynn.

"Im sure he doesnt see me like that." Ashlynn nodded, looking over her chipping orange nailpolish. Browns and oranges were Ashlynns favourite colour, which linked to Ashlynns favourite season of the year. Fall, or autumn. Max gave a disbelieving hum, sarcasm lacing it.

"Why? Do you like him?" Ashlynn pushed, "Im sure he'd like you, if thats why you're upset."

Max laughed to herself, "Nah, boys like Lucas arent really my type." She muttered.

Ashlynn shrugged, smiling at the girl.

The last class before school ended was starting in a few minutes so Max and Ashlynn decided to walk their seperate ways. Ashlynn walked to her english classroom with a smile lingering on her face, Max really helped make her thoughts calm for a while.

English was another of Ashlynns favourite classes, especially when they studied literature. She loved reading and old books like Shakespeare really interested her. She spent the lesson immersed in annotating 'Macbeth' and being praised by her teacher for her findings in the book at the end of the lesson.

Shortly after school ended, she followed the crowd of teenagers out of the building after retrieving her belongings. Ashlynn scanned the area for Lucas, who was supposedly walking her home, and her eyes landed on the boy chasing after the redhead she'd grown rather fond of. Ashlynns feet followed after them, catching up to intervene half way through their heated looking conversation. Or argument.

"No! I dont understand!" Max shouted, the pair of them stopping and standing still, "You guys act like you want me to be your friend but then you treat me like garbage!"

"Thats not true!"

"Yes it is!"

Ashlynn had slowed her walk, being only a few feet behind Lucas now.

"You go and hide in the AV Club, keeping secrets like we're in second grade or something. You know, I thought you guys wanted me in your party but the only person who's actually nice to me is Ash."

"We do. But its..."

"But what?"

Lucas sighed, and Ashlynn stayed stood behind him as to not interrupt them. Max glanced over to her, her eyes softening slightly, but as soon as they landed on Lucas again they seemed to fire up with annoyance once more.

"There are things we cant tell you, alright? For your own safety."

"My own safety?" Max asked, disbelief coating her features.

"Yes!" Lucas told her, "And im sure Ashlynn would agree."

"Because im a girl?"

"What? No!"

"Did you keep secrets from El? Or Ashlynn?" Max asked, and Lucas grew quiet.

"How do you know about El?"

"Did you?" She pushed.

"That was different. Trust me. Okay? That was just.. just different."

"Forget it. I dont wanna be in your stupid party anyway. Im out." Max told him, "Have a nice life."

And with that, Max stormed off.

"Wait, Red?" Ash jogged after her, Max turning on her heels.

"Im sorry." Ashlynn told her, opening her arms for a hug.

"Its not your fault." Max told her softly, "You've been through it from what ive heard, its fine for you not to tell me anything from your side."

Max put her skateboard down on the floor, wrapping her arms around Ashlynns waist tightly. The hugs the girls shared always felt comfortable and safe to Ashlynn, like she'd finally found somewhere she could be comfortable. It scared her, but she just wanted to bask in it as she tried to prolong it before Max left.

Max pulled away quicker than usual, due to being angry at Lucas who went to shout her. She quickly said goodbye to Ashlynn and picked up her skateboard again, walking away.

"You still stink by the way." Max shouted back to Lucas, not turning around. Ashlynn smiled, amused, as Lucas smelled his jacket and huffed an 'awh shit'.

"Are you still walking me home?" Ashlynn asked, and Lucas gave her a guilty smile.

"Sorry, Lynny, we have to look for dart." Lucas told her, "You coming with?"

Ash shook her head, smiling sadly. She shouldve guessed she would be ditched, his friends usually always had plans after school. She muttered an its okay before walking away the same direction as Max, who was skating away toward her brothers car. Ashlynn did the same, her eyes landing on Steve sat in the drivers seat of his car a few parking spaces after Max's.

Ashlynn made her way toward Steves car, which was also toward Max's brothers. Max's brother raised his eyebrow at her as she walked by, flicking a cigarette out of the window. Max waved at her as she passed, Ashlynn smiling toward her. She tensed, hoping Max's brother wasnt already judging her as she hopped into her brothers car.

"How was school, Lynn?" Steve asked, his eyes narrowing at Billy as he blasted music and pulled his car aggressively out of the parking lot.

"Good actually." Ashlynn smiled, "English was really good."

Steve smiled, amused, "Nerd."

Ashlynn huffed, poking him in the shoulder playfully as he pulled out of the parking lot.

"How do you feel about a movie tonight?" Steve asked her, stopping at a red light. Ashlynn smiled brightly,

"Star wars?" She asked.

"If you want." Steve agreed, recieving a small cheer from Ashlynn.

"And icecream?" Ashlynn asked cheekily. Steve huffed playfully, making a turn onto a different road. Ashlynn grinned, knowing it was the way to the grocery store instead of home.

"Yay!" Ashlynn did a little dance in her seat, "Love you"

"Love you too, idiot."

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────
WC: 1749
───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 114K 64
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
663K 33.1K 24
โ†ณ โ [ ILLUSION ] โž โ” yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader โ” yandere helluva boss x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, a powerful d...
106K 2.6K 37
"your crazy max mayfield you know that?" "only for you" s2-S4 stranger things max mayfield x fem OC
15.8K 596 21
When the party move up to High school, Max starts distancing herself from them. When she meets, ๐™๐ข๐ ๐ ๐ฒ ๐๐ฎ๐œ๐ค๐ฅ๐ž๐ฒ โ†ณ Robin's younger sister a...