Never Just A Dream (an IzuOch...

By HonestFiction95

After having a strange dream, Deku comes to realize he can't hide his feelings for Uraraka forever, so he dec... More

Prologue: Izuku's Dream
Invitation
"What should I do?"
Just be yourself
So simple, yet difficult
"Nice to see you again"
Intervention
Warning
"You can do it"
Preparations
Ready to go
Never just a dream
The party
Something just like this
Three in a row
Epilogue: dilemma

Like a ring

2.2K 45 75
By HonestFiction95

Melissa and her father said goodbye to All Might, Gran Torino, Aizawa, Hatsume and Class 1A at the airport and agreed that their next encounter would be in Japan. The flight took place without an incidence, with Mr Aizawa taking a nap and the students talking about how much fun they had had the night before. Naturally, some were quite reserved about certain details of the party. All Might could feel a new aura between Uraraka and his prodigy and he knew he would have to take a closer look as soon as they arrived...

Friday, 17:30.
Deku's house.

The former Hero Number One took a sip of his cup of tea and cleared his throat before he made a colossal effort to be in his old muscular form for the scarce seconds he could to continue:

"As young as you are, you must remember you have the future of this society in your hands! We are talking about the greater good! It won't be easy, but I can't think of anyone better! That been said, I need you to understand the importance of the task you are accepting...!"

"Oh, would you just give the girl a break, Mr All Might?" a smiley Inko Midoriya said as she returned from the kitchen with two lunch boxes. Uraraka was sitting on the living room's couch and listening to All Might, while she waited for Deku. "The kids are just going out to have fun!".

All Might abruptly returned to his skinny form and sighed. "Sorry, young Ochako. To make it short, I want you to take care of young Izuku and have fun, but don't forget he will have a new training routine from tomorrow on. So, please make sure he returns at a proper hour".

"AYE! I WILL PROTECT THE FUTURE SYMBOL OF PEACE AND MAKE SURE HE GOES BACK HOME SAFE!" she got up from the couch, waving her small fists overhead.

"I'm ready!" Deku happily went down the stairs in black pants, white T-shirt, a clear green jacket over it, and his classical red shoes.

You are hanging out with a lovely girl, Izuku. You could at least have combed your hair a little" Inko reprimanded. Uraraka contained her giggle. Obviously, Deku hadn't told his mother about what happened the previous week in the States, when they met alone on the rooftop of I-Expo. First impressions were far from necessary.

"Your mother is right, kid" All Might nodded in his paternal tone. The now retired Pro Hero did have a clue or two about what would have happened up there, but he would keep his word to not interfere as long as his pupil didn't mess up anything.

"Mom! There is no need to get formal! We are...friends!" Deku complained. All Might almost spitted the tea due to laughter.

"Indeed! That's the way I like his hair! I MEAN, that's the look I'm used to!" Uraraka stated blushing profusely.

"W-Well, we should go, Ochako. We don't want it to get late" Deku said. He was also blushing...again. They started to make their way to the door, followed by Deku's mother and his mentor.

"Here you go, dear" Inko gave one of the lunch boxes to Uraraka as she warmly smiled. "Izuku told me you like mochi very much".

"I love it! Thank you, Mrs Midoriya!" she cheerfully answered.

"Oh, since you are so close to my child, you may call me Inko..."

Meanwhile, All Might put a hand on his pupil's shoulder. "You are just *friends*? I should make you do a hundred pushups for telling such big lies to your mother" he quietly teased. "By now, you shall have a great time with her. But come back early. Don't have us worried" he told Deku before the so called "friends" said goodbye and closed the door.

"I'm so happy. My baby is going on a date! And she's a cutie!" Inko cried, with wet eyes. She wasn't blind at all. All Might found the fact of the boy having a crush funny at the beginning, but now he had payed more attention to the youngsters' interactions, he wondered if he should be worried. It's not like he didn't trust him, he just didn't want him to get distracted or suffer. Teen romances were usually full of disappointments, and these were no common teens. Not to mention that villains would always have a special interest in heroes' loved ones. Young Midoriya's training was his reason for living at that moment and he had promised this woman he would protect her son with his own life...

"Oh please, don't worry. This may be his first date, but I raised him properly. Izuku will know how to behave" Mrs Midoriya tried to calm him. All Might decided to chill and not to expose his worries to her. No matter how much his son had suffered after all the bullying, the hard training and the broken bones; a great mother like Inko Midoriya would always suffer the most because of that. She had all the reasons to be glad on the fact that for once he was doing normal teen stuff like hanging out with young Ochako.

"Thanks for your time and hospitality, Mrs Midoriya. That apple pie was terrific. Now I should be leaving..." said All Might.

"There is still apple pie left in the kitchen..." commented Inko. The news made All Might's mouth water.

"...but...since I am here, as young Midoriya's teacher, I will take the chance to tell you about your son's progress at U.A. and how lucky you are for having such an extraordinary child" he decided.

"Of course!" Inko smiled. "Please, have a seat again" she added as she made her way back to the kitchen.

***************

Friday, 17:30
The park.

When Momo got to the park, she found something out of place: the pond was frozen and various children were laughing and sliding over it. The cause of this was smiling from the shore, with his back on a near tree, as he watched all them having fun. The black haired girl was heart warmed. The soft side of Todoroki was just coming out to the surface and she already couldn't have enough of it.

She was welcomed with a peck on the lips from his date, which didn't make her complain either.

"I'm sorry, did I keep you waiting?" she gently asked.

"Not at all. You are just on time" answered Todoroki. "A group of children recognized me because of the Festival and asked me if I could use my Quirk for...well, as you can see, I couldn't say no..." he told, pointing to the pond turned into an ice skating rink.

"That is so sweet from you..." Momo said, internally thinking Todoroki would make a great father...ok, ok, that was a silly thought and definitely out of the question, so she quickly thought of something else: "Oh! That gives me an idea!" she claimed, before proceeding to create two pairs of ice skates. She hadn't practiced ice skating since age eight, but there was nobody better than Todoroki to guide her in such activity.

"Wow...now this is coordination" he praised, making Momo smile in response.

**************

Friday, 18:40.
Kaminari's dorm.

The Electricity user's dorm was a gaudier mess than usual after more than an hour trying to decide what to wear on his first date with Jirou. After he run out of time, Kirishima, Mina and Sero convinced him that it wasn't that important. One look to his room would be enough to make clear that she didn't like him because of his sense of fashion...

"How do I look?" asked an unusually nervous Kaminari, in black pants and jacket and a blue shirt.

"Like the dorky Kyoka can't wait to spend this evening with!" Mina answered in good mood.

"Everything will be fine, dude. She likes you for a reason" Kirishima cheered him.

"Whatever it is..." Sero quietly laughed.

"Ha, ha, ha" Kaminari sarcastically replied. "Hell, I'm serious. She's taking me for dinner. And for the next date, I need to think of something special for her..."

"I thought about that and I've got you covered". Everyone in the room turned to check if it was really Mineta who had said that. The little man revealed a pair of tickets. "There's not much you can plan with a thousand yen, but I found these for a cableway to Mount Takao. It might not be Mount Fuji, but you will be able to see it from there. I thought she may enjoy it".

"A thousand...? Mineta! Did you spend the money of the bet you won on this!?" Kaminari asked, as astonished as the other three.

"Well...I was planning to use it to get one of my magazines or posters, but... I already have plenty of that" Mineta reluctantly admitted. "And if you are going to get laid, a good friend should support you instead of being jealous".

"Man, what a gesture...thank you, Mineta!!" Kaminari cried, shaking his hand so hardly he almost unbalanced the 1A's pervert.

"Just go, you! You'll tell me about it later! Now don't make Jirou wait! That's basics, even for me!"

"Oh yeah! Thank you all, guys! See you later!" he run out of the room to meet the girl downstairs.

"Mineta..." Kirishima's jaw was hitting the floor.

"This was unexpected..." Sero agreed.

"The girls are not going to believe me..." said Mina. None was more puzzled than her. Could it be that Mineta was more than just the whiny and perverted moron of U.A.?

*************

Friday, 18:40.
Toru's dorm.

"Ojiro, huh?" ribbited Tsuyu before taking another card. Finally, it was a blue five he placed over Toru's yellow one. "That party was definitely a memorable one".

"I still can't believe we were so bold. I mean, all of Class 1A was outside there" said an embarrassed Toru. "We were almost caught by Sato!".

"Don't worry, ribbit. If I told you what happened last Wednesday, when Tokoyami and I went to my house to study..." Tsuyu rubbed the back of her head and slightly blushed. "I told Samidare and Satsuki about this friend of mine and I had asked them to be good children and make our guest feel like he was at home. And they didn't come with anything better than making all the house look darker and decorate it with candles, skulls, spider webs and other Halloween stuff. I swear I wanted to die..." she covered her eyes in embarrassment.

"Oh my, that's cute. I hope Tokoyami didn't take it bad..." Toru used her next card to change to color red.

"Well, to him intention is what mattered, but Dark Shadow loved it, so he let him play with the kids..." shrugged Tsuyu, choosing a red three. She only had two left.

***********
Friday, 19:00.
IzuOcha Squad Chat.

Mina👽: Come ooooon, she didn't tell you the details, Tsuyu?? You were her roommate!

Tsuyu🐸: As I said several times, Mina. They went upside and didn't show up until the very last second. I only asked her once how did it go and you can imagine how she reacted. She was mostly quiet for the rest of the night, but I can tell you she was radiant.

Toru👚: Daaaaw, I would love to know if they actually got together...🥺🥺🥺

Mina👽: Speaking of that...

Toru👚: You will later tell us about your date with Shoto Todoroki himself, you lucky girl!!🥰🥰

Momo🛠: All right, all right 😳😳. But whatever happened we shall respect Ochako's decision. She will tell us about it when she's ready.🤫

Jirou🎧: I agree.

Tsuyu🐸: Me too.

Toru👚: Deal.

Mina👽: Fiiiiiine...😩

(...)

Toru👚: You also think they kissed, right?😚😚

Mina👽: ABSOLUTELY!!!

Momo🛠: Yeah, we can all agree on that...😌

Tsuyu🐸: If not, I don't know what they could have been doing up there for so long.🤷🏻‍♀️

Jirou🎧: They are so innocent...😏😏they think we haven't noticed the new way they look at each other. That romantic aura could be cut with a knife... Oh! My date returning to the table! See you later!

**************

Friday, 19:25.

The beach.

"This view is amazing! Can you believe less than two years before this beach was full of garbage?" said enthusiastically Uraraka, as she watched how the sun set.

"Trust me, I can" Deku answered with a tired smile. His limbs hurt with only remembering the months when All Might made him clean it all up as part of his training to become the new vessel of the One For All. 

It was strange. Since they had come back from I-Island they interactions hadn't been reduced at all. At U.A. they kept talking and working together like the classmates they were, even if it was undeniable that now they were more than just friends. They hadn't told anyone about what they said and did during the party, but it was a matter of time before the rest noticed the feelings the pair had for each other. This was a change he wasn't expecting in his way to become the greatest hero, but he refused to let it go. That beach had become a symbol of the beginning of his path as a hero, and sharing its view and being there with Uraraka also looked like a new chapter. 

"Ochako... do you remember the last thing we said to each other before we left the rooftop?" he asked with his sight on the orange horizon.

"And I will remember it. Now and always" she answered, looking in the same direction, but coming closer to Deku.

"I know it was a bit sudden... but I promise I was being honest..." he continued. His eyes were still on the sunset, even if he preferred the view that sat on his left, whose hair was tickling his cheek.

"Me too" muttered Uraraka as she laid her head on his shoulder. They could stay like that for the rest of the day. However... "Well" said Uraraka as she planted a quick kiss on the boy's cheek, which still made Deku shiver. "It is time to get up! I must do my job as a hero and make sure this handsome student gets back home so tomorrow he can keep training and being the way that makes me crazy" she stated pulling him up.

"I wish I could stay a bit more with you..."

"I'd love that too..." said a reddened Uraraka, "but we have promised it: this will only work as long as we fulfill our duties as heroes in training".

She was right. Now those feelings were as part as their paths as their Quirks. It would be absurd to wonder if they were making a bad decision by not denying them. They must find the balance and they would. When they started to make their way back, they couldn't help but hold hands. They hadn't used the words "boyfriend" and "girlfriend" to describe themselves and neither of them had asked the other if they were officially a couple. What for? They respected each other, admired each other, cared for each other and felt attracted to each other. Boyfriend...girlfriend...couple...those were only words. Anyone could use them to describe any kind of relationship. And who needed words when they had...love?

"Please Deku, tell your mother that mochi was really tasty" asked Uraraka, when they reached his house. It wasn't that easy to separate their hands after this first time holding them.

"I will. Are you sure you don't want me to..." Deku asked, genuinely worried.

"I'll be fine, really" she answered with her signature grin. 

Deku looked at the window to make sure her mother wasn't watching them and when he looked back, Uraraka wasn't in front of him anymore. Puzzled, he turned, and when he looked above, a reversed floating Uraraka took his face on her hands and smashed her lips on his.

"Did you really think I would leave you with just a kiss on the cheek?" she muttered, with her face as hot as his. When Uraraka landed on her feet he hugged her passionately, and after that he watched her addressing home, ready to count the hours before they met again.

End of chapter 15.

THE END.

Finally, here we are. The conclusion to my first story. Now it is complete I can only say I hope you enjoyed it and thank you all for reading it. There is still the epilogue left, but that won't take long.

So, to conclude, yes, Deku and Uraraka are together in a relationship similar to that one of Hiccup and Astrid from How To Train Your Dragon. They work together and never forget their duties, but their feelings either, and they know exactly when and how to express them.

This is Honest Fiction telling how much I am glad to have written this story  and entertain at least a few members of this community. Don't hesitate to tell me your opinions or punctuations on the humor, romance, development, level of English and any other aspect of this story. And yes, I wanted to give Mineta a moment of redemption. 

See you in the epilogue! Hasta pronto, my fellow readers!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.2K 552 8
Ochako Uraraka has been best friends with Izuku Midoriya since their first year at UA High School. She has also had a crush on him since then, but ha...
1.8K 43 14
Small Heroes on a Big Adventure Class 1A wakes up to find they have all been shrunk! Now, they are on a journey of epic proportions to return to thei...
4.3K 80 7
during summer break Y/n gets a call from an old friend to come to I-Island for a Expo party. When he gets there things start to go chaotic.
139K 3K 24
Being a pro hero should be easy in a world filled with super-powered folks right.Well that's not the case for Izuku as he pursues his dream illegally...