"Are You Still Addicted?" Boo...

By RaveHaynes

A few years have passed since Gu Hai and Bai LuoYin have gotten married. The love they have for one another i... More

"Are You Still Addicted?"
"The Tie That Binds."
"Follow Me Duckling!"
"The Water Is Too Hot!"
"Where Are My Headphones?!"
"My Father, Your Father."
"Great To See You Friend!"
"Dinner Is Served Cold."
"Adorable Little Hands."
"Sexy New Client."
"Wanting, Needing, Waiting."
"A Penny For Your Thoughts."
"The Subject Of Children."
"The Search For A New Home."
"The Movie Star Has Returned!"
"Fishing"
"Yang Meng"
"Appointments."
"A Troublesome Meeting."
"A Mini Vacation At The Bar."
"Stripped"
"Hangover?"
"Dr. Lee"
"The Devil Within."
"Dinner With Mom, Again?"
"Charity For The Bold!"
"Moving Day!"
"Good News."
"Help Us, Dr. Lee!"
"Jiang Yifei"
"Friendship."
"Sweet and Sour."
"Moon Cakes And Kisses." (Short)
"Nurse Zang."
"Work."
"Wedding Dress."
"Fun Things To Do."
"One Month."
"Tong Tian."
"You'll Need New Bras!"
"Ultrasound."
"Those Eight Long Years."
"Traditional Love"
"The Procession."
"Will You Marry Me?"
"Husband and Wife."
"Month Two."
"Quality Time"
"Aunty Zhou's Advice."
"BoysLoveBoys? Part One."
"BoysLoveBoys? Part Two."
"One Scared Fish. One Worried Fish."
"Kiss Me."
"Month Three, With Gu Hai The Wicked."
"Gu Yang Visits."
"Gu Yang's Wishful Thinking."
"The Bodyguards."
"Work In Progress."
"How Can I Be Okay?"
"Xiaoping."
"Rain And Thunder."
"Xiaoping Attacks Gu Hai."
"Seeing Ghosts And Stars."
"Be Still My Heart."
"Sweet Like Custard."
"Bad News."
"Hungry Eyes."
"Romeo And His Lovers."
"So Blessed."
"Month Four."
"Scared Me To Death!"
"Day One In Thailand!"
"The Grand Scheme."
"Let Me Go!"
"Higher Than The Heavens Above."
"Two Missing?"
"Silent Screams."
"Scissors"
"The Search Continues."
"The Second Kick."
"I Want To Know!"
"The Comfort Of His Arms."
"Shi Hui."
"Swimming In The Hot And Cold."
"Walking On A Thin Line."
"Next To You"
"Lost For Words."
"Saved By Our Friend."

"Dark Thoughts."

2.3K 65 96
By RaveHaynes

"How have you been Gu Yang, we haven't seen you in a while." Bai LuoYin asked. He tried his best to sound sincere.
Gu Yang held his gaze hard. The last thing he wanted to do was talk about himself. "I've been good," he answered, then turned his attention back to Jiang Yifei, "So, tell me about yourself."
Jiang Yifei quickly looked at Gu Hai, as if she wanted to be saved. She was usually good at reading people. Since this man walked through the door, she noticed how everyone tensed.
"Cousin, we ordered already, what would you like to eat?" Gu Hai said.
Gu Yang ignored his question and asked, "Are you all celebrating something?" He cocked his head to the side and waited for an answer. When no one spoke, he said, "A fancy place like this, surely you all are celebrating something."
Yan Ya Jing had enough, she placed her hands flat on the table and said, "We are celebrating my engagement."
Gu Yang's eyes went wide, "Congratulations," he said, sounding as if he really didn't mean it.
Yan Ya Jing rolled her eyes and took a sip of her water. She knew Gu Yang was a snake. She would have liked nothing better than to have him escorted out of the establishment.
But Gu Hai tried his best again for everyone to get along. "Let's all have a drink!"
Ying Yue and Jiang Yifei shook their heads and pointed to their stomachs.
"So it's official! You two are carrying!" Gu Yang attempted to sound enthusiastic. Deep down inside, a spark of jealousy ignited. He also dreamed of having a family one day. He looked at Gu Hai, feeling a bit hurt.
"After they went through their first trimester without no health problems, we were going to inform the family about the good news." Bai LuoYin said, as if he had read Gu Yang's mind.
Gu Yang chuckled and drummed his fingers on the table. "That's good. I wish you all the best," he said and got up and left.
Gu Hai was about to stop him from leaving, but Bai LuoYin held his hand then. "Let's eat," he said, as the waiters brought the food on trays towards their table.
For the rest of the night, everyone enjoyed their meal and talked about better things.

You Qi sat Yang Meng down in his apartment. He held him tight on the couch while the television played a movie. He caressed his cheek and entwined their fingers every now and then.
Yang Meng enjoyed reading his head on You Qi's chest. He enjoyed the rythm of You Qi's breathing, the slight beat of his heart.
"Yang Meng," You Qi began.
"Mmm," answered Yang Meng.
"What would you say to making our relationship public information?"
Yang Meng sat up, looking confused. "As in public to everyone?"
You Qi nodded.
Yang Meng thought for a moment. "Is this something you really want to do?"
He nodded again.
Yang Meng thought more about this. His first thought was about how his family would feel. He also thought about how this would effect his job. Some people looked down on gay couples.
You Qi took his hand in his own. "I love you. I don't want to hide any part of our selves from the world. I want to be able to kiss you whenever I want. I want to hold you behind closed doors, as well as in public."
"Like Bai LuoYin and Gu Hai," Yang Meng said.
You Qi smiled and nodded. Their friends were the perfect example of how to love one another.
Yang Meng sighed, "Let me tell my loved ones first. I'll prepare them for when the world finds out."
"Are you sure?" You Qi asked.
Yang Meng nodded, "I also want to be happy. I want to make you happy also. You've done so much already to make me feel blessed."
You Qi cupped his cheek, "Thank you. You've made me so happy."
The kiss that came next would have put cupcakes to shame.

That night, when Gu Hai and Bai LuoYin got home, Bai LuoYin went straight for the shower. He thought that Gu Hai would have joined him, but when he finished and entered the bedroom, he found Gu Hai already asleep with his clothes on.
Bai LuoYin walked over to the hamper and threw his dirty clothes into it. His mind ran over the events that happened earlier at dinner. He felt badly that Gu Yang had made Jiang Yifei and Ying Yue feel uncomfortable. It annoyed him that Gu Hai was so pure of heart. He knew that family was always treasured, but Gu Yang always seemed to get away with things. He especially didn't like the way Gu Yang was intrusive. He understood that Gu Hai tried his best to avoid confrontation at all costs, but sometimes Gu Yang needed to mind his own business. It also ground his gears that Gu Yang always made Gu Hai feel as if he were obligated to tell him every detail of their lives.
Bai LuoYin stomped over to the bed and raised his fist into the air. He wanted to punch Gu Hai in the face at how frustrated he had become.
But looking down at Gu Hai, memories came rushing back.
He was in his school days again, waking up that one morning so long ago and realizing that Gu Hai had held him throughout the night. It had been the best sleep he had had in a while. He had also raised his fist into the air to hit him, for daring to be so bold.
Then he remembered what he had though so long ago, and how taken back those emotions had made him feel.  Looking down at this handsome man, who would ever hit that face? If only he would sleep forever.
Bai LuoYin looked down at Gu Hai sleeping soundly on the bed they shared as lovers, as husbands. He slowly dropped his raised hand. His breathing calmed and he sat down to admire the man before him. He lightly caressed his cheek.
Gu Hai was truly a handsome man. He loved over inch of his skin. He adored every curve of his masculine body. He was in bliss every time they kissed.
Bai LuoYin leaned in and placed the gentlest kiss upon his cheek.
"I love you, you donkey," Bai LuoYin whispered.
Gu Hai groaned and turned over onto his side.
Bai LuoYin held in a laugh. It was still, after all these years, adorable to watch Gu Hai sleep.

Gao sat on the sofa, holding onto Yan Ya Jing in his lap.
"What do you think about this one?" she asked, pointing to a wedding address with a low back.
He shook his head. "Too much skin will be shown, I want to keep you all to myself until our wedding night." He reached up and kissed her cheek as she blushed.
She pointed to another one, "What about this one?"
He eyed the magazine she held in her hand and flicked a finger at another dress. "Doesn't this one look better?"
She scrunched up her face and shook her head. "It looks too plain."
He gave her enchanted eyes. "You're right, anything plain isn't for you, you deserve something extraordinary."
She blushed again. She liked the way he made her feel. He always put her feelings first.
"Bai LuoYin wants to put together the games to play," she informed.
He nodded.
"Gu Hai also wants to prepare a game," she added.
He noted it kissed her cheek again.
The plans for their wedding were started. Soon, they would be wed.

You Qi and Yang Meng dressed in black and white tuxedos. The event was for the premiere of a new television series You Qi was guest appearing in.
"Are you ready for this?" You Qi asked, turning to straighten Yang Meng's bowtie.
Yang Meng smiled and nodded.
When they arrived, camera crews were already set up, the press were clicking away at the celebrities that had arrived, and posters were hung everywhere for the new series.
Yang Meng looked up high at the building before him. "You look so handsome in that picture," he complimented.
"It's all makeup," You Qi said, and exhaled as if he were nervous.
Yang Meng touched his hand. "No, you're truly handsome You Qi, I'm proud of you."
Those words tugged at You Qi's heart strings.
They exited the limo and adjusted their clothing, smoothing it out as if their hands were hot irons. Someone from the latest gossip column noticed their arrival and signaled to his co-worker to have his camera ready.
You Qi twined his arm with Yang Meng and started walking down the isle.
Camera's flashed from every which way. Immediately, a buzz started, some gasped, others chatted amongst themselves.
You Qi held his head high and continued walking towards the entrance as he waved his free hand at everyone.  Yang Meng followed his lead.
"Who is your date tonight?" Shouted someone in the crowd.
"Is this your cousin?" Asked someone else.
"Are you a couple?" A news reporter asked, pushing through the crowd and sticking a microphone into You Qi's face.
Yang Meng's heart beat faster. Suddenly he felt very nervous.
"Yes, we are a couple." You Qi confirmed.
More lights erupted from all directions. It was enough to blind them.
"How long have you been in a relationship?!" A woman from the local news station asked.
You Qi was very experienced, in fact, he was a pro. He smiled politely and waved at every camera crew and picture that was taken. Then, he led Yang Meng away from the crowd, towards the main entrance. His co-star smiled her pearly white teeth at him and gave an approving nod. A few of the directors he  had worked with patted him on the back to congratulate him on his bravery.
Yang Meng turned to him and slightly gave him a hug.
They had did it, they had come out to the world. They made their way through the lobby and mingled with the other celebrities before heading off into the screening room. It felt good, it felt as if they both had been emancipated in a way. They felt free, lighter, happier.
Before heading through the final door, You Qi stopped and turned to Yang Meng.
"Our lives will change," You Qi reassured him. He kissed Yang Meng's hand as if they were in a magical movie.
"For the better," said Yang Meng. He knew You Qi would shelter him from harm. Maybe there would be times that he wouldn't be able to, but with all his might, You Qi would make him happy.

Jiang Yifei and Ying Yue sat playing a friendly game. After battling it out for half an hour, they were tied in points.
Jiang Yifei decided to make things more interesting. "How about if I make the next point, you tell me something about you," she said picking up the dice.
Ying Yue eyed her suspiciously, but decided to play along.
Jiang Yifei shook the dice in her hands and threw them onto the board. She ended up rolling a high number and grinned at her opponent.
Ying Yue rolled her eyes and grabbed the dice. "I like steamed buns."
Jiang Yifei made a face as if her confession surprised her.
Ying Yue rolled her turn and won the round.
Jiang Yifei smiled. "I hate mice. If I ever saw one, I'd scream at the top of my lungs."
This made Ying Yue laugh. "Really? I don't think they're that horrible. But I do feel the same whenever I spot a snail. Just the way they sliver across any surface and leave that icky trail behind makes me want to scream bloody murder."
Jiang Yifei enjoyed a few more exchanged words with her. This was a start. This was the start she needed to get Ying Yue to open up to her a little. Sometimes, all it takes is a friendly conversation between women to bring a friendship to life. She had hope for the days to come. As mothers now, they would have things in common. It would be a glorious pregnancy. But only if Ying Yue opened up a little every day.

Another two thousand from his daily earnings was placed into another brief case. Slowly, and depressingly, what he owed was subtracted from his personal notes. He was no fool, he made sure to keep what he owed, and what he already paid to the mafia on his smart phone's log.
Two more unknown men entered his building to retrieve the case, no words were spoken. Just a silent exchange and they were off, dressed in their dark clothing, and no-nonsense looks.
Gu Yang sat down at his desk and breathed a sigh of relief. His mind drifted to the women his cousin had hired as surrogates. They were beautiful. Though they didn't speak to him, he wondered what kind of people they were. He was always protective of his cousin, but this was something he didn't have time to invest in. Not like when they were younger and he had all the resources at his disposal.
Gu Hai and Bai LuoYin's stupid idea to have children, he thought, bitterly. How can two men raise children?! It was absurd! He had the mind to knock some sense into his cousin's brain!
His eyes grew dark. It was all Bai LuoYin's fault! Embarrassing his cousin in this way! What are people going to say?!
Gu Yang groaned low in his throat. If he had only taken Bai LuoYin by force all those years ago, maybe it would have ran him off. He was halfway there when he had ripped his pants that one time.
Then, a darker thought crept into his mind. Maybe he could get one of the mafia men to do a dirty deed for him. He quickly shook the thought away. Gu Hai was if anything, determined. He would have moved heaven and earth for that stupid buffoon!
Gu Yang rubbed at his temples. He sighed again and gave up thinking about his misery. He got up and walked over to his liquor cabinet to pour himself a drink.
He drank it, tilting his head way back as if to ensured every drop enter his mouth. The burning sensation felt great. It helped clear his mind of Gu Hai and his so-called lover.

In Tianjin, China, sat a white two story house. The front yard was unkept, all the lights were off, and the void of what a happy home, full of love, hung thick in the air. Dust hovered within, a clear sign of all the neglected rooms. Dishes were piled high in the sink, curtains and bedspreads were unwashed for months, and the smell of cigarette smoke darkened the walls with a yellowish and brownish stain.
A thirty something year old man took a huge gulp of his beer and slammed it down onto the dirty table.
Ever since his wife had left him, nothing had been the same. Bitterly, he took a pull of his cigarette and blew out the air. He took another swing at his beer and slammed it down harder on the table with frustration.
Hey were supposed to be together forever, in sickness and in health, till death did them apart.
He got up and went into the bedroom. Clothes lay in piles all over the floor. He dragged his feet over towards the vanity where perfumes lined up a round tray. He picked one up and sniffed it.
The scent of his wife intoxicated him even more than the liquor he drank. He closed his eyes and exhaled slowly. She was never coming back.
The ungrateful bitch was not coming back!
He launched the bottle of perfume across the wall and it exploded, leaving a dent where it had struck. He turned towards the closet and saw one of her favorite dresses. Rage filled his eyes.
He would bring her back home. He was tired of waiting! Even if he had to drag her back kicking and screaming, he would do it.
But not before he beat her once more. A lesson he felt that she needed to learn, never embarrass him again!
The neighbors asked where she had gone off to, and he had to lie every time. He made up excuses until they started giving him suspicious looks. He knew they were silently judging him! He didn't give a shit!
He took another pull of his cigarette and hollered into the darkness. Yes, the darkness, just like his heart had become. Now, he would beat her everyday! She would never be able to leave this house when he got her back.
He vowed to explore every street, every shop, every corner of China.
A dangerous thought entered his brain then. What if she had left him for another man?!
He devoured the rest of his cigarette and outed the rest on one of his wife's makeup pallets. Then, he went back downstairs to the kitchen to sit in the dark once more.
He would start with all of the shops and apartments nearby. He had taken ownership of her passport, so he knew she hadn't fled the country.
He cracked open another beer and poured himself something harder to sip on. These two things were what put him to sleep at night. If it weren't for the liquor, he would stay up way into the night. He would plot his next move, what he would do when he found her, and imagine her face when she did.
He closed his eyes and leaned his head back in the chair. If she fought him, or he found her with another man, he would kill her.
If he couldn't have her, no one would.
Till death did them apart.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.1K 3.5K 20
Grosvenor Square, 1813 Dearest reader, the time has come to place our bets for the upcoming social season. Consider the household of the Baron Feathe...
1.8M 60.5K 73
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
658K 33.2K 61
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
80.3K 1.8K 33
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...