Our Worlds (An Islamic story)

By Dilaras_Destiny

Hajara and Sarah are muslim high school girls from the 2070's. They have a normal teen life but when their pa... More

First day of school
I'm Sorry
Birthday
War
Surprise!
Introduced
shopping
Wedding
Married life
Her day off!
Under the same roof
My love for her
The War Begins
Home alone
I hate life!
The new beginning
Marriage!
Alone
School
School trip
Lost and Found
Having Fun!
Surprise meeting!
Kidnapped!
The shocking Kidnapper
Moving out!
Our endless love (Epilogue)
Check out the next sequel...

Anniversary!

356 35 0
By Dilaras_Destiny

Sarah Pov:

Last night was so much comforting than the last five years. 

Worry and sorrow were gone from my heart, my broken heart was now mended because of Benyamin's arrival. I no longer needed to worry about work and my son all the time-- maybe I can take one role and he can take the other. But that doesn't matter anymore, all that matters is my son's happiness. When he is happy, I am too!

I woke up stretching my arms and finding myself in yesterday's dress and leggings. I seriously needed to go back home and get my clothes. I rubbed my eyes to remove the remaining sleep away from my eyes. Suddenly, I heard a manly chuckle. 

What? 

There was a man here?

With horror, I abruptly got up to wrap my scarf around my head scanning the room, weirdly finding no trace of anyone. Maybe I am hallucinating!

 I got up, removed my scarf, and made a high pony tail allowing my brown hair to sway freely. My son was sleeping peacefully with a huge smile on his face showing off his adorable dimples. 'Is this something normal?'  Maybe he's having a silly dream. I pressed a soft kiss on each of his cheek as yesterdays memories came flooding back. 

Huzaifah opened his eyes just then with a cheeky grin and jumped of the bed. "Shhh." I whispered. He nodded immediately understanding that his cousins were sleeping next to him, and he should be quiet. He quickly said the dua after waking up, and ran in the washroom doing his job and coming out while I took the downstairs washroom.

 The house seemed abnormally quiet. Where was everybody?

"Huzaifah, where's your dad?" I yelled after checking the whole house except for the dark basement that gave me the creeps. Where did everyone go?

"I don't know." My son yelled back from upstairs. Did my whole family leave me now? I looked around the lifeless house with no signs of laughter or happiness. I felt a hot tears sliding down my cheek. 

'Oh, shut up Sarah, stop jumping to conclusions. Where can they possibly go? You' re just scared of being alone.' I told myself wiping the tears away. I have to act strong for Huzaifah!

"Huzaifah come here." I commanded, he ran down the stairs to my side with a grin.

"What?" we both said together in unison.

"Why are you smiling?" I asked curiously, narrowing my eyes. "Are you up-to some mischief?

"Noooo I am not, why are you calling me?" He asked innocently.

"Is your dad upstairs?" I asked.

"No, I already wandered inside every room but all of them are empty." He started checking the downstairs rooms. "Well except for our room, Abu Hurairah and Hawa are in there sleeping.

"Where's grandpa and grandma?" I questioned, arching my eyebrow.

"I don't know." He said with a grin. Wait, am I missing something here?

"Mom, you're the only adult now in the house." My son cheered looking at me. His eyes soon fell on the creepy basement door. No, not that floor!

 "Mom did you check the basement?" He asked as he open the door slightly revealing lights that suddenly turned into darkness getting me scared even more. I absolutely hated basements!

"No, I didn't. Close the door immediately!" I commanded, acting strong for Huzaifah but quivering inwardly.

"Mom are you scared? You know Allah is with you right, there is no worries?" He said sensing my fear while he continued climbing down the dark basement steps. The light switch was placed all the way down in bottom of the basement, so whoever descended down these stair felt the terror slowly. Okay, maybe I am just exaggerating things, maybe I am the only one who feels the terror when going down the stairs.

"Mom come." Huzaifah hollered when he noticed me standing there terror-struck. 

"Son, come upstairs now!" I demanded with authority lacing my voice, but of course he doesn't listen. 

Getting mad, I chased after him, but he was already in the dark basement ground. Suddenly a hand grabbed me from the back and I yelped out in terror. I am being kidnapped! 

The lights suddenly flicked on revealing a smirking Benyamin with his hands clamped on my mouth. "Never knew you were afraid of the basement." He chuckled while Huzaifah looked at me bewildered because I never expressed my fear towards him, ever. I scowled at those two while looking around seeing everyone there who had just witnessed my ear-piercing scream.

"Surpise. Happy anniverary! " They all yelled, making me blush in embarrassment.

"Sorry, Anniversary? What anniversary?" I asked cluelessly, ransacking my brain for any related memories.

"Our wedding! Duh." My sister said in a bored tone, rolling her eyes while sitting on a chair, looking pale and annoyed. "We all got married on this day." Why is she so moody all of a sudden?

"You know we did the same thing to Hajara. We surprised her with the help of Hawa, but my girl fell asleep so I had to put her in bed." Yusuf laughed, making Hajara scowl. "My dear wife is also afraid of the dark just like you. No wonder you guys are sister."

"Don't worry we will have our revenge." Hajara threw back at her husband with a glower. "Right Sarah?" 

I nodded. What can I say?

"Thanks son!" Benyamin said to Huzaifah ruffling his hair. "We really surprised your mother, didn't we?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, raising my eyebrows while everyone continued doing there work. Hajara and Yusuf ran into an argument while the parents being all related and same-aged chattered away happily getting the party started. 

"Huzaifah was fake sleeping and bringing you down to the basement was... basically all planned out by us." Benyamin said pointing at the people behind him while I scowled. "High five Huzaifah." Huzaifah grinned and high fived his father hard. Oh, I was not hallucinating when I woke up, it was Benyamin chuckling. Wow, I was such an Idiot! 

"I'm mad at you both, I was really scared there." I admitted, putting my arms across my chest and looking away. What will Huzaifah think of me now? A mother who is afraid of dark basement. I always wanted to be strong for my son, and I wanted to teach him that there is nothing to fear in this world except Allah. I didn't want to let my stupid fears come in the way. 'A mothers fear also becomes a childs fear when they sense it.' That is what I was always told.

"No your not! Huzaifah give mamma a kiss." Benyamin said, picking Huzaifah up and bringing him close to my face. 

Huzaifah gave me a sloppy kiss me on the cheek. "Mamma you're crying!" He stated softly looking deep into my eyes.

"No, I am not." I lied.

 "I love you!" Huzaifah wiped my tears and hugged me tightly, wrapping his arms around my neck and placing his entire wieght upon me. He always knows exactly when to lift my mood.

Benyamin looked at me with concern for few minutes but before I knew it, I was suddenly lifted off the floor and found myself in Benyamin's arms. He kissed me on the lips leaving me shocked and totally stunned. Did he just do that in front of everyone? 

"I'm sorry for everything." He whispered with a lopsided grin. "You would never be mad at me." I couldn't stop blushing as he let me down on my feet. I looked around finding everyone way too engaged in their own world-- doing their own work and having their own fights or conversation. Thank god!

"And why do you think that?" I asked, pretending to be furious. "How do you know if I am not mad at you?"

"Cause, I am tooo handsome for you to resist." He said, wiggling his eyebrows and batting his eyelashes. 

I rolled my eyes. "Shut up!" I  shook my head laughing, and shove him away playfully. "Your so full of yourself." I ignored him and walked towards the busy table where my mom was. 

"Assalamualaikum, mom." I greeted, slumping on the chair next to her. 

"Here's the cake." My aunt said, putting the cake in front of us. My mother took a knife and cut it into pieces for us placing one cake in each of our plates. My sister brought her chair closer to mines looking unhappy as ever. I didn't question her, I left her alone like she always wanted to be when she's upset-- asking her about her sadness will only cause her anger to increase.

"Wallaikum assalam dear, did you sleep well last night?" My mother asked, sitting beside me with her piece of cake in hand.

"Yes, alhamdullilah. What about you?"

"Yes, I did have a great night. Me and your aunt were catching up with our latest news while your dad and uncle... how do I say this? Snored together. We had to shut their doors so they didn't wake your kids up or disturb us with their competting snores." She giggled along with my aunt who happened to sit on her other side. By now, everyone was at the table except for my sister's kids, who were sound asleep upstairs in their room. 

My uncle and dad frowned. "Bro, we could've spent the night together too by watching the raptors game."

"We didn't give you the idea because we all know that the house will be in a chaos because of your loud cheers. Plus, the grand-kids will be up in an instance, wailing." My aunt argued. "Anyways, be happy!  You were both at least having a snoring competition last night."

"So who won?" My dad asked eagerly as if it was the most interesting thing in the world.

"My husband." My aunt stated happily.

"No it was my husband." My mom argued. 

"It was of course me, my wife is right." My father boasted.  

I completely zone out. There goes their argument which I was so not uninterested in right now.

I looked at my sister sitting beside me, sulking and picking at her cake. She seemed super glum and unhappy. I wanted to ask her, but something stopped me, told me I shouldn't ask here-- right now probably wasn't the moment. She seemed completely uninterested in today's event, completely zoned out in some other world where I didn't belong.

 In front of me the guys sat together talking about the recent sports or video game while my son sat beside his father putting all his attention on his piece of cake. 

He noticed me staring at him and looked up immediately, grinning. The cake was smeared all over his face making him look like the olden day Santa. Santa in the 2075 looked more skinnier, had no beard and wore no funny clothing, rather a red business suit. He was much more professional looking in today's time!

"Huzaifah go wash your mouth." I commanded. Huzaifah took his last bite and ran upstairs to the bathroom to clean himself up. He's a one smart boy, I know he can clean himself up without any help!

"GUYS, stop bickering!" Yusuf yelled all of a sudden at the adults. "Who cares about who snored the loudest? Why don't you guys just get along? You guys are arguing about the stupidest thing in the world."

"Yeah he's right, we should get along." Mom admitted and within seconds they were talking like old friends, laughing and giggling like nothing happened.

"AUNTYY, THE BABY IS CRYING!" Huzaifah's hollered at Hajara after awhile, peeking in the room.

"Yusuf go. Stop the crying!" Hajara ordered, showing no emotions at all.

"Uh, you go. Your the mom." Yusuf teased. 

Hajara glared at him, her blue eyes blazing with anger. "Fine!"  She shrieked, slamming her fork down and getting up immediately, stomping her way up the stairs leaving us all confused and speechless. 

"What happened?" Dad asked us quizically.

We shrugged.

 "Nothing happened," I said confidently. I didn't want the parents worry over some stupid couple argument. 

"Are you sure?" Dad squinted his eyes, trying to detect if something was wrong.

"Yeah, she's just  .... uh mad at me." I lied covering up for Yusuf.

"OK, better go up there and make up with her, you're an adult now Sarah. You guys shouldn't be fighting!" Dad gave me a disapproving look before he resumed talking with his brother again. 

Aunt and mother looked at us curiously for few minutes while we plastered our biggest fake smiles on our faces. "Sarah, go say sorry to your sister." Mom ordered. I nodded stupidly letting them think I did something wrong. 

They finally removed their prying eyes off of us and resumed their own conversation with each other, not caring about us anymore.  I let go of my breath that I was holding for so long. That was so close!

"Did I do something?" Yusuf asked me bewildered.

"I saved your butt, man." I scowled, looking at him furiously.

"Bro, go upstairs and fix things up with her. Sitting here will do no good." Benyamin ordered severely. I am astonished by his serious behaviour, he never took anything seriously before but then again... I don't even know him well because he left in the first year of our marriage. Yusuf nodded, getting up and excusing himself from the dinner table.

Mom looked at me and frowned, "Sarah, I was expecting you to go upstairs and talk with you sister?" 

"Um... Yusuf is upstairs with her in the room, so... I was thinking I would go up there later." I said nervously, trying my best to look normal as possible.

She looked convinced and continued talking with her sister again. Sometimes I wonder how they can talk so much. But deep down I know that they stayed apart from each other for a very long time because of our hidden bethrothal-- they didn't want out us to figure out our  betrothed partners which meant cutting out all kind of communication which I personally found pretty unneccessary. Well aunty did come to visit us when we were little, but left quickly probably for her sons, she didn't want to leave any signs for them to figure out of our existence nor any signs for us either. Our cousins were always left hidden from each of us, I would give them a medal for keeping a big secret like this.

I excused myself from the table and headed upstairs to the kitchen to do the dishes. I was bored her anyway.

 I let the water run freely washing every inch of soap sticking on the plates. Childhood memories flooded my mind and I zoned out. I remembered the times when I spent with my sister, we used to play and share all our secrets with each other. She was always my other half but ... after marriage we seemed to grow apart. She seemed to start another beginning while I did the same. We both had to accept the fact that we will have to grow apart in few years so Huzaifah and Hawa don't have any memories of each other, but Hajara alone will come to visit me so Huzaifah can still remember his aunt and I had to do the same for Hawa and Abu Hurairah.

The only reason of the separation was so Hawa and Huzaifah don't grow close like normal siblings or cousins because in the end... Huzaifah will never be her mehram, unless it's a marriage. However, if they stay together there can be a slight chance that she will end up seeing him as a brother and never marry him. 

Finally after the last plate, I washed it and stuffed it in the rack. Suddenly, I felt arms snake around my waist and I flinched suddenly turning around a little too quick. "Relax babe, it's just me." Benyamin chuckled, placing a kiss on my forehead.

"Babe? Seriously that sounds so weird. Find another name!" I cringed.

He chuckled. "So, how do you want to spend the day?"

"Ask Yusuf's family first?" 

"They may leave today to their house. The kids didn't bring their clothing because 'apparently' when he heard about my arrival he came here fast as he could." Benyamin laughed. "When he told me that, I pictured him running a marathon with his family." 

We both laughed loudly, picturing the silly image in our head- the babies in their arms and the couple running fast like Usain Bolt. 

Suddenly, Benyamin clamped my mouth shut with his hands and looked away in space. "Can you hear that?" 

"What, the boring conversation dad and uncle are having?" I deadpanned, removing his hands away.

He narrowed his eyes, "No, it's like ... yelling, torture, crying, something like that." 

I tried to hearing,  "You mean Abu Hurairah crying?"

"No, pay more attention!" He dragged me upstairs quietly. "Don't walk like a giant babe, tiptoe." He whisper-yelled in my ear. I shoved him away playfully for calling me that again. Babe was too wierd for my type of girl!

The sound wasn't just wailing of the kids, it got louder the more stair we climbed. Benyamin put his finger on his lips motioning me to be quiet. We tiptoed close to the room where me and Hajara slept last night with the kids. The sound grew louder, Yusuf was screaming, and wailing cries  filled the atmosphere. It wasn't just the Abu Hurairah, it was Hawa and a female voice...No... my sister, Hajara.

I didnt wait, I didn't knock, I twisted the knob and banged it open. Hajara sat on the bed holding Abu Hurairah who was wailing loudly for his mother to feed him and Hawa sat in the far corner of the room weeping, gazing at his father yell at his mother. 

I ran in hugging my sister close while Benyamin took Hawa in his arms and engulfed her in a hug. He pressed her closely in his chest which made her even wail louder. "It's okay, dear. Everything will be fine, uncle is here." He whispered, patting her on the back.

"WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING AT MY SISTER?" I yelled furiously at Yusuf like a maniac. "Wait, is this what happens all the time in your house too?" I whispered, fear and anger gripping at my heart. 

Yusuf looked guiltily down at his hands. "I never meant to scream at her. It's just that she's all the time upset, I just couldn't hold it in anymore."

"Well, maybe you should next time ask her about her feelings before snapping." Benyamin snapped.

I looked at my sister, she was a mess. Her pretty face was smeared with tears, but she was always too pretty to be honest, even now. 

I hugged my sister tighter, I truly missed her, seeing her cry made me cry too. I can't see her in this state, never, she was the one always comforting me when I fell or wept, not the other way around.  

Few tears left my eyes without my permission, "Couz, you know you're a really lucky. You've got a wife, who's pretty, happy, loving and all the characteristics a man craves for and yet you don't treat her well."

"I'm truly .... sorry." He started helplessly, hanging his head low.

"Just get out." I snapped angrily. 

Benyamin dragged Yusuf out with Hawa in his arms and took one last look at us before shutting the door behind.

I didn't let go of my sister, I held her until she was truly ready to speak.

Benyamin POV:

I watched the sisters sadly weeping. I couldn't believe how my big brother was treating his wife. 

We exited the house and entered the backyard.

"Dad, can I come too, please?" Huzaifah asked innocently.

"Yup." Huzaifah ran out of the the house like a juvenile set free out of prison while I set Hawa on her feet. 

Within few minutes the kids were in their own world playing their own game. "Bro, explain what I just saw or was I just hallucinating?" 

"I told you," Yusuf said sincerely. "Ever since the baby's birth she's been moody, snappy and upset. I've tried my best to bring a smile in her face but she's not happy at anything I do. Today, just today... I couldn't handle her abnormal treatment anymore, so I snapped."

"Oh, I see." 

"What do you see?" My brother asked, raising his eyebrow.

"Nothing. I think she's just got the postpartum depression. Maybe let her spend the time with her family and Sarah a little, so she can recover faster. Just be a little patient with her and try to be as cheerful as you can." 

How I know what's wrong with Hajara?  I studied about it in science. Eventually one day I will become a doctor, right?  One day! 

"OK. I'll try." 

"Don't jump to yelling, snapping and etc." I lectured him.

"You say 'etc.? seriously?"

 I laughed. "Well, I am trying to act professional here. You know I'll be a doctor one day, so practicing here bro. Just practicing!" 

"Daddy!" Hawa interrupted. " Huzaifah hurt me!" Tears escaped her beautiful blue eyes that she inherited from her mother.

"I didn't, she just fell when I caught her during tag." Huzaifah said in denial. "But I am sorry!"

Yusuf placed her on his lap and scanned her knees. "Nothing happened, dear."

"But it hurts." She wailed. 

"Huzaifah tell her a story." I whispered to my son calmly.

"OK, ok, Hawa look here, there once was a ....."  Huzaifah started holding her hands and looking deep into her eyes.

"They were meant to be together." I smiled at my brother and he nodded happily. 

Yup, they were meant to be together!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

216K 13.5K 48
Most impressive ranking till date, #1 in spiritual out of 26.7k stories Date: 7/01/2021 ---- A muslim love story- "𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂 𝒉𝒂𝒃𝒊𝒕 𝒇𝒓𝒐...
41.5K 2K 16
Marrying your cousin might seem ok with people who follow such practices but what happens when Samaira, a girl of today's gen hailing from a modern y...
26.6K 1.9K 45
A hijabi Pakistani girl named Fanaa goes to high school to become something great that could save people from the bad world. Going to school everyday...