Mio Famiglia, Mio Scudo

Oleh Paravento_Primo

Naoki Oda has just moved to Namimori, however, upon his arrival he notices that the town isn't the stress fre... Lebih Banyak

Episode I
Episode II
Episode III
Episode IV
Episode V
Episode VI
Episode VII
Episode VIII
Episode IX
Episode X
Episode XI
Episode XII
Episode XIII
Episode XIV
Episode XV
Episode XVII
Episode XVIII
Episode XIX
Episode XX
Episode XXI
Episode XXII

Episode XVI

207 7 1
Oleh Paravento_Primo

The group had finally returned to Namimori, leading to some slightly awkward moments with those who hadn't gone with them. Mainly Jean, who hadn't realised that Haruka had hired Mammon as their body double for nearly every meeting they were supposed to have with their father, transferring only the vital information about the meetings and leading the Tenoh Corp to the heir themselves. Mists really were something else. Though now that they were back, they could clearly see that something was bothering Naoki. And this wasn't just their sudden invitation to the Vongola HQ.

Naoki stared forward, not allowing any emotion to climb onto his face and expose how he truly felt about the situation. He was now face to face with none other than Vongola Nono, the most powerful God Father of Cosa Nostra. Sure, he was surrounded by his friends, but he also was surrounded by much more experienced people who could wipe him and his little Famiglia effortlessly as if they were brushing hair away from their faces.

He had no idea as to why they'd been summoned there, after all they weren't anything too out of ordinary. Just a group of people, who soke for what they'd never had been given upon their birth. Family, happiness, sense of belonging, being trusted, the ability to move on. They just wanted to be who they were.

"You've already managed to become the talk of the Cosa Nostra, young Don", the elderly Don congratulated the teen as he slid several newspapers, most likely from the past year, through the table to him. Naoki stared at the headlines emotionlesly, but in the inside he was screaming in confusion.

Since when had criminals had their own newsletter provided for every Famiglia? And more importantly who did he need to get a hold of to start his own subscription?

"A mysterious group wipes out the Godfather of Syracuse! Vigilante group or Mafia?"
"Costello Famiglia's lies exposed!"
"Vindice offers the position of Godfather to Paravento!"
"10 things you should know about the new mafia family!"
"Paravento denies ten more applicants! Here's why!"
"These mafiosi shone at the Beaulieu Inheritance Ceremony! Top ten looks from the Green Carpet! Who is the mysterious Vongola Primo lookalike?"

Naoki cringed at the headlines, just were they made to be so dramatic? It wasn't like they had done anything weird had they? Also who the hell was Vongola Primo and why was he being compared to them?
Slowly, the teen lift his eyes from the papers with unimpressed look on his face, staring directly into the brown eyes of the Vongola. "I see that it has been rather quiet in the criminal world", "What makes you say that?", "These overly dramatic headlines and how they appear to be revolving around only one thing."

Naoki made another glance at the newspaper, his eyes looking for the name of the writer.
"Code Terra huh.... That's interesting.. Who else are working for this I wonder...", he mused to himself, memorising the name of the newspaper.

"Notizie Criminali is run by the Bellini Famiglia, a grey mafia family, the sections you're currently looking at are called Fiamma", Naoki snorted at the name, could it be any more obvious what the paper contained, "Our professionals aren't entirely sure of how they manage to get all of their information".

"Well, a good reporter is always where things are happening, and if you're a strong mist that shouldn't be a hard trick to pull", Naoki retorted as one of Timoteo's servants brought them food. While his much older companions were nonchalant over the woman, the younger generation was staring at this uncomfortably aware of this being another trick to showcase power and establish superiority.

Older people tended to be like that, they had this need to feel superior compared to their youngers when in reality the younger people were the ones who actually knew what they were usually talking about. They had higher educations.
"So... Why exactly did you wish to meet with us? Surely a man of your calibre has better things to do than look after his youngers", Primo asked coolly, yet hurrying the meeting to be over with. There was something in this man that he didn't like. It wasn't that the man was bad, he just was... inflexible. Too set in his ways.

Timoteo blinked at the boy's eagerness, it wasn't usual of someone who was supposedly from a civilian background to be reacting like this. Coyote snarled quietly at the insolence of the teenager, who was sitting all too calmly at the center of his Guardians. Timoteo blinked, bringing himself back to reality. "Ah, well... I was interested in your achievements and hoped to see you as an ally in the f"-, the teen's eyes hardened at this notion and he was soon to cut the elder off rather rudely. "You mean become a dog that you are free to command as you please. For that, I must decline, I am not willing to tie my people down into a contract that takes away the freedom they have been fighting for for years".

Naoki leaned back in his chair, creating the image of him being comfortable in it, comfortable and confident. On the inside he was screeching at his doings and insolent actions. "My Famiglia has only one agenda and that is to shield the innocent from the darker side of the humanity. But my own personal agenda is different, and I will not compromise it for the sake of anything as silly as becoming a lackey of an older mafia family", his voice was cold as ice and eyes hard as a stone, quietly shining with the flames that he held within. It was clear that he was angry, but it was also clear that he was very much in control.

Heiji placed his hand on the shoulder of the upset leader, almost immediately diffusing his rising anger, but also showing support. Timoteo was fascinated by this action and how pure it was, the group seemed to share an exceptionally strong bonds with one another. The young Don stood up. "Vongola Nono, if there comes a time when I am face to face with your successor, would they showcase kindness and honour, ability to truly understand how their actions impact others, I will offer my friendship to them. But for you... I cannot do that, you aren't ready to allow us to search for our own ways first, nor are you giving us the needed flexibility within your offer".

Timoteo watched how the boy turned at him, eyes revealing purple colour to them, making the old man flinch ever so slightly. "I am not your regular sky, Timoteo Vongola, I refuse to be tied down", ah how masterful that silent threat was, how subtle and oh so effective. For the boy to keep that card hidden in his sleeve for this long, for him to have this eccessive control over his flames.... Just where did he learn it from?

The Paravento left the Vongola Headquarters, feeling relaxed, yet being careful of how they treaded from now on. While they hadn't exactly gained an enemy of Vongola, they weren't exactly in friendly position with them either. But then again... They had made themselves clear.

Naoki stared at the horizon thoughtfully, clearly bothered by something. It could've been the way how he'd treated Timoteo, called off his actual goal with his so called "Alliance Offer", but it could've also been how certain people seemed to have gone missing.
The raven's gaze landed on a duo of girls, he'd heard of them previously from his Coal guardian.

Sasagawa Kyoko, the victim of the Pretty Girl Syndrome, the school idol of Namichuu. Younger sister of the Vongola's tenth Sun Guardian. According to the little nerdish boy, there wasn't even one boy in their school who didn't idolise her and worship the ground she walked on. The girls though? She wasn't really that liked amongst them as she was popular and pretty, she actually had only one female friend, Kurokawa Hana. A sad fate.
And then there was Miura Haru who Heiji had only seen tag along with Sawada's group.

The two seemed to be worried over something.... Or someone.

Naoki got up from his stone seat, he'd been sitting on the wall that separated his house from the rest of the world, and decided to call out to them.
The two girls turned around just in time to see him land on the ground and take couple balancing steps forward. Two sets of large and confused eyes were locked on him, mouths were opened.
"No, I am not Sawada. First of all I'm couple years older than he is and probably taller too"

He then walked to them, making sure to keep a little distance between himself and the two middleschool students. "Naoki Oda, high school student, second year", he said and bowed ever so slightly, Mama didn't raise an impolite boy, "Is everything okay? You seem to be worried". Kyoko was the first one to recover from the sudden introduction, soon telling the teen her name. "Well... A group of our friends has gone missing..", "Who?"

Kyoko, the sweet sweet Kyoko, was the type who couldn't lie to anyone, yet she wasn't too keen on making people look too much into her direction either in her call for help. It was actually pretty typical of people like her. People who were idolised yet scorned at the same time. Naoki noted how she wasn't standing too close to Haru either, as if she was afraid of her attacking her. Girls had a lot crueler bullying backgrounds than boys did for the most part. The invisible scars that were inflicted on their minds never really faded, both the society and the women themselves enforcing the unsaid rules of the dagger of a tongue being the best weapon in the night. The poisonous words could burn a deep hole into person, deep enough to break them eventually.

This girl was almost broken.

"It's Tsuna, Gokudera, Reborn and Yamamoto! They've gone missing!" Naoki noted the usage of the honourfics, which was rather unusual of someone who saw themself as a friend of the group members. So.... Haru wasn't yet entirely sure whether she was their friend in actualiry or not. Perhaps she met them just recently?

The young adult invited the girls inside, an offer they were unable to say no to, as it seemed to be starting to rain soon. While Naoki himself loved the rain, how it was calming with its song of raindrops and over all atmosphere, he was sure that the two girls wouldn't really appreciate to be soaked to the bone. Sure, he was as of the moment having visitors, Baku was there to talk with him about something, but he was sure that the Sky wouldn't mind.

"Hahi! A dangerous person!" Haru exclaimed as she took a step back after encountering the cold eyes of the yakuza leader staring at her unkindly. Naoki looked at the older teen, who was now staring at him his brows shot up, feet on top of the table. He narrowed his eyes.
"Baku. Living meat off the table."
Baku's brows furrowed angrily as he did as his host had demanded of him, his teeth bared in a snarl. Hard to believe that he was the leader of a group named after a fire bird god, huh.

"What are they doing here. They are with the Vongola", he said with an accusing tone, causing the raven to shot him a warning look. "They are civilians, Suzaku, they aren't aware of who or what they are dealing with", "A friend of Vongola makes them Vongola", "These two aren't even active. Also you better clean up the mess on my table, I can't believe that you walked in with your shoes on"

After the first public appearance, Baku had been acting more hostile for some reason. It wasn't certain what had caused it, but Tetsuya had stated that it had to do with the Notizie Criminali headlines. According to the supreme leader, Baku had been attempting to get something onto the pages of the paper for months, but it had been no avail. Donna Bellini had shot him down time and time again, choosing to publish more interesting articles instead.
And then Naoki had made his debut, hijacking the headlines of the Fashion segment, the Fiamma segment AND the headlines without much effort all thanks to him just appearing.

Naoki watched how the angry blonde swept the table clean, muttering to himself about his position as a leader of his group and thus not needing to do such trivial tasks in his life. The raven then motioned the two girls take a seat while he sat opposite of them, fully aware of Haruka taking out the tea set so they could offer freshments to their new guests.

He glanced at Baku one last time, he might as well have this all over with. "So, what exactly did you need to see me for?" he asked curiously as the teen stomped his way back to the table to have a seat and steal slice of the offered strawberry shortcake. "The upcoming stuff. You know. Tetsuya wants you to be present at the inheritance, then there's the formal alliance papers to be signed and we need to have a talk about how you will be forming your alliances with the westerners", the strawberry blonde said, biting into an actual strawberry vengefully.

Naoki gave a side glance at the two girls, who were now paying attention to Haruka, talking about how cute the tea cups were and about the cake. Haru's overly active and dramatic reactions bothered him a lot, they didn't feel sincere, they felt.... Desperate. As if she thought that as long as she acted overly friendly, helpful and funny, she wouldn't be thrown to the side. His eyes narrowed as a thought entered his mind.

Could it be?

"Well, I already declined the offer of the Vongola Nono regarding an alliance, the way they treated the Cavallone made me think about a lackey rather than a leader of ma- Cosa Nostra. But if the Decimo does offer his own version of an alliance, I am willing to consider it. Same goes for the Cavallone, would they offer me a good alliance offer, I would accept with the condition of keeping our autonomy"

Baku nodded in agreement, the treatment of the Cavallone Decimo was rather odd and out of question, especially with the Vongola Nono being the one to pull the strings. He opened his mouth to ask a question, but-

"Decimo.. You mean Tsuna? A lot of people call him that for some reason", the duo of fresh criminals jolted on their seats, not expecting the interruption. Kyoko stared at them as if asking if she did something wrong by voicing her thoughts, ultimately shrinking down on her seat. Just how did they manage to forget her being there.
Baku's eyes flashed with interest as he turned to look at the girl properly. He nudged Naoki's side with his elbow. "Nao.. She doesn't have a presence", he said silently to his fellow boss, who dully nodded, still shook over forgetting that she was there.

"I.. Uh... Maybe? I've never met the guy? And there are a lot of people who are called that in the group of people I'm working with hahaha", god he was horrible liar. He was. Sweating bullets. "Yes, for example there is this guy known as Valentino in our class, his nickname is Septimo. And then there's his cousin who's also known as Mittsu or something so together they're seven and three", Baku rushed to explain his own views, which honestly didn't help much.

The two girls nodded as if it made the most sense and Naoki wanted to cry over how easy they were to distract. He turned his attention on the girls fully now that he knew what Baku wanted, his mind slowly building profiles of the two as they chatted with his Ash Guardian. Just listening to them told him a lot of them.
Haru admitted that her first friend was an infant called... Reborn? Huh.. That's an odd name. And that she'd then befriended Tsuna soon after, confirming what the young Primo had suspected.

Haru Miura grew up friendless, surrounded by adults. She knew how to be around people who were older than she was, but she had no clue of how to be with her peers.
"And so Haru decided to take notes from anime to see how she was supposed to act with people!" wait what? Haru. That's not how it works-- no seriously, someone please tell this girl that's not how you teenager. I mean sure, I never learned how to people either but God dammit Haru.

Naoki sweat dropped at the girl's bold exclamation, while Haruka's smile frozen onto their face while the rest of the said face seemed to want nothing to do with that said face and was currently signing both divorce papers and disownance papers just in case. "Haru... I'm not too sure that's not how it works...", the ashe blonde said, still smiling that disowned and divorced smile of theirs. "Hahi?", "Usually people are actually more drawn towards people who seem to be more mature and adult like, because they seem cool", "Hahi! Haru made a mistake"

Naoki carefully poured himself a cup of tea, dropping exactly one sugar cube into it to get the bitterness melt down. "Usage of third person when referring to self is also something that people usually don't do", he said softly as he stirred the tea with the tiny teaspoon. Both of the girls stared at him in confusion for a while. Too long if you asked him.
"But... How can Haru make sure that Haru isn't left behind?"

Naoki smiled at her kindly, mentally screaming as he had actually no idea of what he was doing nor if he was doing it right. "Just be yourself and relax, let your friends see how smart you really are and that you are more than your current appearance. This goes for you too Sasagawa", surely it was the right answer, right? Even if it was a scary thing to do. Nobody really wants to show their true self to others, even less wish to be outed because of it.

But being able to exist and not care of the opinions of others was also freeing and more relaxed than constantly being afraid of your mask cracking and you ending up as the punchline for the joke someone else is telling.

As the two girls left his house, a lot calmer than when they had arrived, Naoki could only hope that they'd have the courage to talk about it to the others soon and stop pretending that they were just cute porcelain dolls on the shelf. Only to be seen, never to be touched nor heard, beautiful, perfect, cold, lifeless.

As he turned away from the road, Naoki failed to see a cloud of pink smoke that rouse from the street corner, where the girls had just stood.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

21.6K 610 21
Tsuna's 16th birthday is quickly approaching that means his inheritance ceremony is drawing near as well. But because Tsuna still uses his Dame act a...
27K 1.3K 10
Sawada Tsunayoshi had died, and his Family is left crushed and devasted by the loss of their sky. Regret is a fickle thing, and Tsuna is trapped, una...
157K 6.2K 30
He has no one. He was not a believer. He never knew the answer to the single question of "What is love?" And... He never had a true family... He alwa...
150K 6.8K 51
Koro died, killed by his students. A satisfying death. --- "Did you plan on betraying us from the start?" Koro blinked. "I didn't have anything to lo...