Being the Alpha's Mate

By Knotphjtfenotpo

Emma and Derek have been friends since they were born. Their parents have been friends for years; Derek's fat... More

Being the Alpha's Mate
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five - Derek's POV
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve - Derek's POV
Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Nine - Derek's POV

39.4K 777 112
By Knotphjtfenotpo

Chapter Nine

--Derek’s POV—

“You bitch!” I roar, pushing Elisa away from me. “You know we aren’t a thing. You knew I had a mate. You knew I was bringing her home today!” I growl, my chest rumbling. Emma. My wolf growls and I agree. Elisa is a bitch. Emma didn’t need this to happen, not on her first day back home.

I snarl at Elisa, watching happily as she bows her head and scurries away.

“Keep her out of my sight. I’ll deal with her later.” I growl at no one in particular. I notice my best friend and future Beta grab Elisa by the arm and escorting her out.

I storm into the house, shoving away anyone who tries to slow me down. I know I shouldn’t try to talk to Emma in this state, but I don’t care. I need to see my mate. I need to get her to understand. It isn’t what she thinks it is. Elisa isn’t my girlfriend, never was, not how everyone thinks.

I pull my keys out of my pocket and quickly start the car. I shift into reverse and blaze out of the driveway. I roll down my windows. I can smell Emma’s scent. I drive south a few miles and her scent becomes thicker and more prominent. I slow to a roll. The grass and leaves crunch under the wheels of my car. Normally I was be upset and about to harm myself and others for driving my baby through the grass, but right now, I only care about one thing. Emma.

I spot her through the trees and I quickly shut the car off, pocketing the keys. I hope she doesn’t see me so she doesn’t try to run away. I walk quickly and quietly towards her, my feet not making a sound against the soft ground.

I’m a few feet away from her, her back facing me. I’m trying to figure out what I’m going to say when she surprises me.

“What do you want, Derek?” I can hear the pain in her voice and it hurts me. I caused this.

“I want to talk- to explain.” My voice is rough and hard but Emma doesn’t even blink at it. I’m relieved that she doesn’t find my wolf or I frightening like most girls would.

“I’m not in the mood.” She doesn’t even turn to look at me. I hear a small sniffle and she reaches up to rub her nose. God, how long has she been crying?

Before I know what I’m doing I’m sitting behind her and wrapping my arms around her middle. She struggles, trying to pull away from me, but I grip her tightly. She continues to struggle for a few moments. I hold her to me, inhaling her sweet scent, my mouth near the mating mark on her neck. After a few minutes she stops struggling. She goes limp in my arms and says;

“Let me go, Derek.”

“No.” I state, turning her to face me. “I’m not letting you go. Not ever.”

***Emma’s POV***

I gasp at his words. Never let me go? No. He can’t. He already has that woman. Elisa. I shutter as I think about it. It hurts me to think about the two of them together. I can (kind of) stand him having sex with other women, it’s expected of him. Being an alpha, he has a harder, faster, and more developed sex drive than other wolves. It would be cruel for me to expect him to not have sex until I was of age.

What I can’t stand is him having a relationship with a woman. It was supposed to be the one thing we shared. The one thing neither of us had had before. Something that would be new to the both of us, something that we could work through together. Now we can’t because he’s already done it.

I clench my jaw and refuse to look at him. He wraps his legs around me, his body wrapped completely around mine. No matter how much I want to shove him away from me- I can’t. As mad as I am at him my wolf loves the feel of him wrapped around me. His scent and warmth encompassing me. It makes me mad. Why can’t my wolf be on my side? Why can’t she be mad at him for once?

I grumble for a few minutes, waiting for him to say something, but he doesn’t. It seems all he wanted to do was hunt me down. He didn’t think he’d get off with no explanation, did he?

“What do you want, Derek.” I demand, putting as much venom into my voice as I can. I try and scoot forward so that I’m not pressed up against his chest, but he clenches his arms around me and tightens his grip. Jerk.

“I wanted to make sure you’re okay.” He states, resting his chin on my head.

I jerk my head to the side. “I’m fine so you can go now.”

“I’m not leaving until we talk this through.” I can hear the anger rising in him, but he doesn’t growl. I frown. He must really want to talk about this. Normally he would have just growled at me.

“Maybe I don’t want to talk about it. Did you think of that Derek?” I cross my arms over my chest, shaking off the arms that were wrapped around my waist a moment ago.

“We need to talk about this.” Derek insists, his tone pleading.

“No, Derek. We don’t need to talk about this because you already made your decision. It’s clear, you want Elisa. You want her enough to have a relationship with her.” I push away from Derek, moving to my feet in a swift movement. I quickly put a few feet between us and turn to glare at him.

“No, Baby, that’s not it! I want you! Just let me explain, I don’t want Elisa.” Derek rambles as he tries to make me understand, but I don’t want to listen.

“Just go Derek!” I shout, pointing to his car.

“No, I’m not leaving you like this.” Derek insists, his wolf evident in his tone.

“No. I need to think. Just, just go.”

“At least let me give you a ride back to the pack house.” Derek tries to take a step towards me but I raise my hand up.

“No. I’ll walk home if I have to. Right now I need to think.” I can see the pained expression on his face and for a moment it hurts me.

“Take my phone, that way you can contact someone.” He holds his cell phone out to me and I suddenly realize how little I have. I have maybe ten dollars in my pocket and a hair tie.

I snatch the cell phone out of his hands.

“Please leave.” Derek seems happier now that I have his phone. It honestly makes me feel better to know I can call for help if I need to.

“Call Zack if you need help. He’s my friend and he’s on speed dial number two.” I nod and he looks at me for a long moment before turning and walking away.

I want to call him back, but I refuse to. I can’t let him off that easily. I can’t let him win me back after being friendly with his ex right in front of me.

Shaking my head I turn away as Derek’s car pulls slowly away. I wait until I can’t hear his car any more before turning towards the road. Not knowing what else to do, I decide to go for a walk.

****

I laugh, rubbing Anthony’s shoulder with my hand. He chuckles, his eyes flickering to where my hand is resting before taking a sip of his beer. I smile at him and take the bottle from his hands. Wrapping my lips around the neck I take a long drink. Anthony gives me a coy smile before leaning towards me. I lower the bottle and meet him half way.

Our lips meet in a rough kiss, his beard brushing against my upper lip. I grin against his mouth as the taste of beer passes between our locked lips. He nibbles on my lower lip, and I open for him. He’s rough, not like Derek at all. When Derek kisses me roughly, there’s tenderness behind it. With Anthony there’s nothing but roughness combined with his want and need.

I pull back, giving him a wink before taking another sip of beer. After Derek left I took a walk, which led to me walking into this restaurant. It’s a formal diner, but it was a bar. I was sitting near the bar eating and Anthony came up and offered me a drink. After what’s happened with Derek, I thought “What the hell?”.

I take a bit of the salad I ordered. After two hours of talking all I’ve learned about Anthony is that he’s twenty and has just moved here. I didn’t want to ask how he got the beer, and I didn’t care. I was happy to have a drink of it. Maybe it’d make me forgot about Elisa.

Anthony shifts in the booth and starts biting and licking across my neck. I shutter, but allow it. I don’t really want to be with Anthony, but I want Derek to be jealous. I want him to learn about this and feel as jealous about Anthony as I am about Elisa.

Anthony starts kissing down my neck and he gets near my boobs. I’m about to push him away when I hear a crash. Anthony lifts his mouth from my cleavage and turns to look. I gasp when I see Derek running towards our booth. His hands are clenched, his face red and angry and his eyes are completely silver.

Derek snarls at Anthony when he reaches the booth. He grabs Anthony by the back of his shirt and throws him away from me. I gasp, standing up to try and defend Anthony but Derek growls at me, warning me to stay where I am.

“No!” I shout. “I’m not going to let you walk in and toss around my friend!” I scream rushing over to Anthony.

Derek growls again, and Anthony scrambles away. I look at his face and realize that he’s scared of Derek. Not scared because he’s growling like a wolf… but because he is a wolf.

I swear. Anthony is part of the pack.

Crap.

Derek lifts me out of the way and grabs Anthony by the arm and yanks him up to his feet. Growling in his face he punches him. I watch in shock as Anthony’s head whips back with the force. Instantly his nose starts to bleed and I’m mad. How dare Derek?

“Derek!” I scream and grab onto his arm. I try and tug him away from Anthony but he’s so determined that I can’t pull him away.

“Don’t ever touch my mate. Ever.” Derek growls into his face, their faces mere inches apart. Anthony whimpers and nods submissively.

With a shove Anthony falls to the ground.

“Get him out of my sight.” Derek growls and I suddenly realize how many members of the pack are in the restaurant. Derek turns away from Anthony, completely dismissing him. I watch awestruck as a few members of the pack rush to do Derek’s bidding.

“Come.” Derek commands stalking off to the back of the restaurant. I roll my eyes. I’m not following him.

“Come.” Derek snarls when I don’t immediately start following him. I bite back a growl of my own but grudgingly follow him.

Derek stomps out of the main eating area of the restaurant and into the back office. I glare at his back as he slams through a door and into a dimly lit room. He turns to me and silently checks me over.

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I can’t say the same about Anthony.”

“Don’t say his name!” Derek growls stepping towards me.

“Don’t touch me!” I shout when he grabs my arms. “No! You can’t touch me! Not after you beat up my friend.”

“Friend?” Derek snaps. “He wasn’t a friend. He knew you were mated, the mark on your neck said enough.” His eyes flicker to my bare neck before returning to my face. “He also knew that I was your mate. He could smell me on you.” Derek huffs.

“So? You have Elisa. It’s only fair that I get to date too.” I know I said the wrong thing when Derek’s eyes flash.

“No.” He snarls his teeth turning into sharp points. Shifters only get their wolves teeth in human form when they’re really pissed.

“I don’t care for Elisa. I never did. I only dated her because she said she was pregnant. Turns out the baby wasn’t mine. Once I discovered this I dumped her.”

I gasp. Why didn’t he say this?

“I don’t care about that! You didn’t warn me. You never once thought to say, ‘Hey, Emma, by the way, you’ll see my ex, Elisa, tonight, don’t freak out if I touch her, ‘kay?’”

Derek stares at me for a minute before leaping at me, his mouth attacking mine with a fever that I can’t explain. His lips are hard yet tender against mine. His pointed teeth scrap against my bottom lip but he makes sure that they don’t hurt me.

I moan when he slips his tongue into my mouth, licking and suckling on my tongue. I raise my hands to his chest, rubbing my hands against his hot skin. I want his bare skin against mine. I want to feel him, every bit of bare skin and hard muscle. I want him.

I don’t care that he had a girlfriend. I don’t care that he beat up my friend. All I want right now is him. And I’m going to get it.

I tug on his shirt, trying to get the little buttons to come undone. When he realizes my intent he quickly rips his shirt off, dragging the shredded remains down his arms. He groans as my hands travel across his bare chest.

I grip the muscles of his back and Derek lifts me up. I wrap my legs around his waist and feel his erection pressing into me. I moan as he moves his hips until he’s pressing very intimately into me.

Derek’s arms move down until he’s grasping my shirt. I raise my arms up, our mouths parting for a moment as he lifts my shirt up and away. He pulls back and looks at my breasts, cupping the flesh through the cups of my bra. He growls for a moment before ripping my bra off. I don’t know how but the bra is torn down the center. Derek pulls the cups away from my chest and lowers his head to suckle one of my nipples.

He kisses and licks my body, up and down my neck and chest before returning to my mouth. I moan as he recaptures my mouth.

“Are you sure?” Derek asks against my parted lips.

“As sure as I’ll ever be.” I whisper and that’s all Derek needs to hear. He lowers me to the floor and quickly strips himself and I of our jeans. I kick off my shoes and Derek slowly pulls off my panties while staring at me with such lust that I can’t help but blush. A moment later Derek lifts me again. He wraps my legs tightly around his hips. I grab onto his shoulders as he reclaims my mouth. He sucks on my lip for a moment before positioning himself at my core. I tense for a moment before relaxing as Derek bites my lip, drying a gasp from me.

I wince as Derek slides deeper into me.  I scream as he breaks through my virginal veil.

"Shhh.. It'll be good from here." Derek promises.

A few moments later I feel pleasure. It builds up in my core and explodes throughout my body. It feel so good. So amazing. I rock my hips against his and he presses me harder into the wall. I feel the texture of the wall dig into my back, but it doesn’t bother me.

We rock together, our bodies moving as one until finally we reach our peak.

Derek slips out of me and gathers me in his arms. He kisses my forehead as he holds me close. This is perfect.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.7K 1.4K 38
Amber had been trying to run away most of her life. When she finally succeeded, she found the place she would call home in her heart. Four boys- two...
1.8M 71.4K 71
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* Spin off to "Abused Mate'" You do not need to read AM to understand this book but I would appreciate it if you di...
71.1K 2.5K 16
Two packs fight for dominance, but only one is destined to win. When River's Father, the Alpha of the Black Water Pack, looses the war with the Blue...
1.3K 35 19
~SYNOPSIS ~ His blue eyes the most electrifying yet cold blue i have seen .Black curly hair my fingers long to play with. So much more taller than me...