The Equal Claim

Oleh JessSolanki

24 year old Athena is on her journey to success; but she has a secret. She is not human. What happens when At... Lebih Banyak

Authors' Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Epilogue
Sequel Announcement

Chapter 7

7.6K 310 41
Oleh JessSolanki

It's finally happening, after 3 months of hard work the day has finally come. By tonight, Ethan will be the new Alpha of Crimson Pack. The dining hall in the pack house has been transformed in to a beautiful ballroom like area; all decorated in peach and white with details of gold.

The high tables have been removed and a huge chair which remotely resembles a throne has been placed, that's where Ethan will sit when he's sworn in, around it are other slightly smaller chairs where dad and mom will seat on the right and Robert and his wife on the left.

Everything seems to be in order yet I have this gnawing feeling inside of me from the moment I woke up this morning, at first I thought it was cause the food had not arrived and I was worrying too much, but now its 04:00pm and Ella told me our people just collected the food and were on their way back. I just couldn't get this weird feeling off my back.

''Athena, you look tense princess, is everything okay?'' dad asks as he walks up to me and looks at me worriedly. ''It's nothing dad just nerves, I want this to end well, we've put in a lot of effort.'' I comment.

''That we have, it will be perfect and from the looks of it no one will dare say anything negative, ''he says while pointing at mom who is barking orders to the omegas while holding a seating chart. I laugh nervously and shake my head as I turn to head home.

The ceremony will be starting at 06:00pm sharp so I needed to start getting ready at least an hour earlier. I just need the food to be here so that I can confirm if everything is as ordered. As I wait I see Axel coming from a distance. I pretend to be busy on my phone so that he does not disturb me but of course when has that ever worked for anyone.

''Hi,'' he greets as he comes up to me.

"Oh hi, didn't see you there.'' I lie. ''That's fine, it's just.... I need to talk to you Athena please,'' he begs. ''It has been so hard to see you almost every day and pretend like nothing ever happened.'' He continues.

''Axel please...,'' I start to say as I see the four men from the pack walk in with the food. 'Oh thank you, thank you Moon Goddess.' I start to walk away before he could stop me. ''The food is here!'' I express in excitement clearly indicating my happiness of not having this conversation.

I walk hastily towards the men and help them carry the boxes. We go to the dining area and set everything on the table. I crosscheck my list and I'm pleased to see that everything is just as I had ordered. I instruct the omegas who handle the kitchen on how to set the food and tell the kitchen head that I will alert her when it's time to serve. She nods in respect and goes to instruct her team. As I look at the time its already past five so I rush towards our house to get ready.

I thought a hot shower would help in reducing the gnawing anxiety in me but it seems to have grown. ''Deep breathes girl, in and out....in and out.'' I practice as I look at myself in the mirror.

I have already done my make-up which is very natural as I don't prefer a very shouting look, I turn to put on my dress which is a long halter neck black gown with a thigh-high slit and  then proceed to put on my red and black stiletto heels. I pair it with a matching pair of diamond earrings and bracelet and finish up my look with a bold red lip.

I can hear chattering all over the pack grounds as I walk towards our front door. Seems like the guests have started arriving. Just as I'm about to walk out I hear a sound in the kitchen area which sounded like a clink of a glass. I walk towards the kitchen and see Ethan in his tux pouring tequila in a shot glass.

''Pour mine too,'' I say as I lean on the door frame. ''Goddess!! Athena...you scared me,'' he jumps back a step visibly freaked out.

''You seem on edge, not a good sign for an Alpha, I'm surprised you did not sense me coming,'' I say with a raised eyebrow.

"Easy there judgey,'' he remarks, "my guard was down, thought I was alone in the house. Mom and dad are already at the pack house welcoming guests,'' He says while handing me a shot glass.

''Bottoms up,'' I smirk and we down the tequila. ''Great now let's proceed to the event,'' Ethan says while taking in a deep breath.

''Hey,you're going to do good brother, I'm sure of it,'' I assure him while rubbing his back and gave him a hug as we walk out together.

''Let's do this,'' He says with confidence.

I'm almost at the pack house when the kitchen head Mrs. Clearwater pulls me to her side. '' Athena, dear please come and see if all of this is in order. Luna Victoria said we need to start bringing in the starters as soon as the guest are seated,'' She looks at me waiting to confirm. I nod my head in response as I weary feeling from before cause shiver to run down my spine. The leathery scent from before hits me again but this time it has double the effect as my feet automatically start to lead me towards it when it suddenly vanishes.

'What in the world just happened?'  I ask myself as I come to a stop and look around my surroundings.

''Athena, Athena, can you hear me?'' a voice says which I recognize as Mrs. Clearwater's. "Athena!" She says a bit loudly. "Are you okay, should I call the pack doctor," she sounded worried.

''Uhh no, I'm fine thanks.'' I reply as I regain my posture, ''I should go inside,'' I quickly add. She nods at me then starts walking towards the kitchen. ''Oh and Athena?'' she calls, I look at her and she says with a smile ''you, look very pretty tonight dear.''

''Thank you,'' I reply with a smile and walk away.

''Do you Ethan Robinson, agree to take responsibility of the Crimson Pack? to treat it and every member in it as your own? Do you solemnly swear to protect this pack with the goodness of your heart and keep the needs of your members before your own?'' the elder asks.

''I do, I will try to be a better leader to this pack and swear to protect it until my last breath,'' Says Ethan with confidence. Well, atleast the tequila played it's part.

I'm standing at the back watching the whole ceremony with silent tears  in my eyes sending a quick prayer to the moon goddess to give Ethan the power and strength to run this pack, when I get hit with the scent again although this time it's much stronger and musky with a hint of mint.

The scent gets so overwhelming that I practically run away from there towards the tented area where the dinner is served buffet style. As I get there I see a shadow of a male following me. I get ready to defend myself when the male identifies himself.

''Axel,'' I breathe out in relief as I see him walking towards me. ''Thank the moon goddess it's just you, I seriously thought someone was following me.'' I say as I begin to relax.

''Actually I was following you,'' He says looking at me from head to toe. ''You look heavenly Athena,'' He continues as he eyes me with a look of longing in his eyes and something else that I can't put my finger on. Was it want? Or lust?

''I really need to talk to you Athena, you didn't let me finish what I wanted to say this morning,'' He pleads.

''Axel please, we talked about this, this cannot happen,'' I say exasperatedly as I wave my hand between us. ''I thought you agreed with what I'd said that day.''

''I only did it because I didn't want to pressure you into anything, I thought that in a few days you will realize you're wrong and will continue from where we left off,'' He confesses.

''Oh Axel, why? Why would you think that? I meant every word I said that day, I just want you to move on, you can't keep living like this, you're my friend before anything else. I don't want to see you like this.''

''So you do care,'' He says in a whisper. ''Of course I do, I will always care for you, but not in the way you want me to,'' I reveal.

''Look at me Athena, look at me properly, is there something wrong with me, is there?'' he almost shouts as he grabs my shoulders. ''Or is it because I'm nothing but a beta and you're an Alpha's daughter, that's the reason isn't it?" He says accusingly.

''Axel no, why would you think like that, your position has nothing to do with this and you know it.'' I express as anger starts building in me and my wolf threatens to come out as his grip on my shoulders tighten, when I hear a low growl and a deep voice says, ''get away from her!'' he commands and walks out of the shadows.

In that moment all the air leaves my lungs and for once I'm thankful for Axel's hold on my shoulders.

I see Axel flinch a little as he loosens his grip but still continues to hold me. He looks at the man haughtily and says, ''this does not concern you, please leave.''

''I said get your hands off MY MATE!'' He commands again and his voice booms, this time Axel lets go of me and takes a few steps back, disbelief clear in his eyes.

I on the other hand am frozen in place, not knowing what to do or even say, my heart must be beating at a million miles per minute and as the man comes closer I back away a little wanting to get some space.

Mate. My mate. I can't believe I found my mate. I don't know what to do now, how do I react to this? Should I be happy? should I cry? should I go to my mom? Oh my God Mom! She will be over the moon with this bit of news. My overthinking takes on its drive as I sense a presence behind me making my skin tingle as goosebumps appear all over my hands.

''I'm Theo,'' he says in a polite tone as he walks over to face me while holding his hand out for me to shake. I tremble as I return the handshake, ''Athena,'' I manage to croak out as a wave of sparks ignites my body upon contact,when it strikes to me 'did he say Theo? As in Theo Argent, Alpha of the Crescent pack?' my eyes widen as I look at him properly. He is almost 6ft tall with light brown eyes that shine under the lighting, dark brown hair that has been styled to perfection and a light stubble covering his well-defined jawline.

''Ahhhem, not that I mind but you need to let go off my hand,'' He says in a husky voice, clearly the mate bond is affecting him as well. I immediately let go of his hand and create some space between us, my wolf howling in happiness inside of me and have I take a deep breath in and try to push her back.

''ohh uhh, sorry,'' I say completely flustered, ''I should get going I'm needed inside,'' I lie and start walking.

''I know you're lying; I can hear your heartbeat,'' He says calmly and walks around me like a hunter targeting its prey.

"You, I, uhhh...umm.'' I try to form a sentence but I'm unable to, when Suddenly Charles appears from the hall.

''Hey Theo, man, I've been looking for you everywhere.'' He says and glances in my direction. ''Sorry am I interrupting something?'' he asks politely.

''No, not really, I should get going, it's great to see you Charles,'' I say hastily and try to make a move when Theo catches my wrist to stop me and the fire ignites once again.I turn and see him looking directly at me. We continue staring at each other until Charles' voice interrupts our staring contest.

''You've got to be kidding me!!'' he almost shouts as realization hits him.

******
She found her mate!!!!
What do you guys think about this chapter?
Athena's outfit as above.

-Jessica.S

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

Bloodmoon Oleh ckm

Manusia Serigala

437 9 43
Athena is the daughter of the Alpha and Luna of the Silvermoon pack. They have had a longstanding feud with their neighboring pack the Bloodriver pac...
1.6M 60.4K 74
Just when the world is about to get hectic between rouges and packs, the goddess promises a saviour to rescue the innocent and punish the evil. They...
126 13 9
Cass is a normal She-Wolf. Except that she has not found her mate three months after her eighteenth birthday. There's this guy... Tall, handsome, the...
10.2M 327K 49
BOOK 1 OF THE GIFT CHRONICLES ••• When the Moon Goddess created the first werewolves, she split one soul between the two of them, thus creating a per...