Forever and Always: Cato X Re...

By EdensWriter

I see a lack of Cato X reader stories and I'm gonna throw my hat in the ring and give it a try to tell you a... More

The Reaping of District 2
Saying Goodbye
Arriving At The Captial
Re-Make Center And Tribute Parade
First Night
First Day Of Training
Rest of the Clothing
This is a dress poll for (Y/N) masquerade dress
Day Two Of Training
Evaluations,Pre-Game Interviews, And Masquerade Ball
Masquerade Clothing
More Clothing for the Masquerade ball
Game Time
Night Watch In The Arena
Day Two in the Games
Rue's Funeral
Capturing Peeta
Judgement for Peeta

Dinner With The Gamemakers

2.8K 49 76
By EdensWriter

Cato's P.O.V

After (Y/N) and I make out til we got tired, we took a nap with her resting on my chest, about an hour later I hear Brutus knock on our room door to tell us that our prep teams, are here to get us dresses for tonight.

I gently wake up my girl and tell her we have to get ready, she stretches and gives me a quick kiss before I head out of the room, so her prep team can work on her.

Once I'm in my room, I see my prep team sitting on my bed with my stylist, she greeted me with a friendly hug and shows me what both (Y/N) and were both wearing.

Because this dinner is another way to get sponsors, as it was being televised like some fancy awards show I'm guessing, but if this helps us get home then I'm down for it.

My stylist shows me what Orion had sketched out for both of us, while my prep team were doing my hair, which was just a simple slick back style with some golden highlights.

(Cato and Y/N's outfits)
(Cato's suit)

(Y/N's dress)

God my girl looks beautiful in the black and red evening gown, I couldn't wait to see her all done up. I mean not that she doesn't look beautiful naturally, but her prep team do an amazing job keeping her natural beauty intact, from her plump (L/C -lip color) to her glowing (S/C) even with the makeup looked gorgeous.

After my stylist and prep team were done, they told me to go wait in the living room for everyone else, I nodded and headed to one of the grey couches and took a seat as I wait for my girl and our mentors.

I see Brutus in a dark blue suit that matches mine but with a bow tie and black dress shoes, while Enobaria was dressed in a blue off the shoulder style dress with light makeup and her hair was in a braided bun, with blue heels and a dark blue clutch bag.

Brutus tells me I look good, while he was heading toward the bar, I hear him mutter that he hates wearing suits. I chuckle softly so he doesn't hear me, Enobaria took a seat beside me on the couch, and gushes about how (Y/N) is going to love how I look.

I chuckled and thank her, as I told her she looks great as well. About five minutes later I hear (Y/N)'s room door open and hear the clicking of heels walking down the hall, towards the living room.

I see (Y/N) in her evening dress and my God, she looked beautiful and her (H/C) hair was curled lightly, it framed her face so nicely, the dress brought out her curves and was very formally fitting on her, Enobaria nudges me, and snaps me out of my trance, I get up and go meet my princess.

When I'm in front of my girl, her (S/C) glowed from the light of the room and her makeup which was only a little foundation, some mascara, and red to black lipstick to match the dress. I tell her,

"You look gorgeous, princess."

I was about to kiss her, when her prep team stop and tell me jokingly if I ruin her makeup, they will get me for it, I laugh and offer her my arm to which she takes. Brutus tells her she looks gorgeous and Enobaria tells her the same, then Brutus says to us,

" Alright, this is how tonight's game plan is going to go, be polite to the Gamemakers and Caesar Flickerman.

He will be doing your interviews on the balcony of Snow's mansion; it won't be anything serious just a general get to know the tribute interview.

When you speak to a game maker leave your personal opinion of the games out of it, there are three that will give you hints of what the arena will, be at dinner.

It's sort of a contest of sorts, first team to get it will have a head start on any obstacle that they decide to throw at you, so be nice."

We nod and Enobaria tells us,

"Also turn on the charm both of you, make The Capitol love you. As we said before this is a sponsorship opportunity so the more, they fall in love with you as a team, the better chance at survival."

We nod at what they tell us and with that we all head out the door to the elevator, Brutus pushes the button to call the elevator and we sit a wait for it to come to our floor. It was coming down from twelfth floor, so I knew it would take a bit to get to us.

While we wait for it, I take this opportunity to talk to (Y/N), so I lean over and whisper in her right ear,

"You look beautiful baby, I'm afraid I won't be able to keep my hands off you tonight."

I give her a quick kiss on the cheek, to which she giggles and says to me,

"You look very handsome yourself, I think I'm going to have to beat off the girls with a stick, to keep them away from my man."

I chuckled at what she said, I quickly kiss her on the lips and try my best to not mess up her lipstick.

Which I'm glad to say I didn't, once the elevator came to our floor, we see district 12 tributes and mentor Haymich Abernathy, he was wearing a coal black suit with a black tie and fire colored rose pinned to the lapel of his jacket. 

(Haymitch's suit)

He had a scowl on his face as he greeted Brutus and Enobaria, the male tribute Peeta, had the same colored tux, but with a white shirt underneath his jacket with the same colored rose pinned to his pocket of his jacket as well.

The female tribute was wearing a black strapless dress with animated silver flame sequins on the skirt of the dress, her makeup was done in a Smokey grey colors with her lips being a fiery red. 

(Peeta and Katniss's outfits)

The brunette looked nervous and scared along with her partner, but I had a feeling they would do just fine, I put on my intimidating face as we all step in the elevator.

Knowing I really didn't have to but Brutus always reminded me to keep my guard up around the other tributes except our allies, to which I still haven't asked district 11 if they wanted to be allies.

Once we make it to the bottom floor Brutus gave a polite goodbye and good luck to Haymitch, and we went to our car that would take us to President Snow's mansion, it was a blue-black limo like car with our district's emblem on the doors, the car hovered over the pavement.

We all got in the car and took a long 40-minute drive outside of The Capitol to our Presidents mansion, (Y/N) is resting her head on my shoulder while I have my left arm around her waist just cuddling my girl.

When we make it to the president's home, it was a large white mansion with golden accents on the roof and columns, the place was huge I know I counted at lease 30 to 40 windows, so this place must have at least that many rooms including bathrooms.

The car pulled up to the front of the mansion, where there was a crowd of people which I guess they were people who were invited to MVP party guests and sponsors.

The crowd were cheering for us as our avox driver came to the door, he opened it. Enobaria and Brutus go out first then we get out right behind then, I was afraid (Y/N) and I would go deaf from the roar of the crowd alone, but Brutus grab on to us and lead us toward the front door of Snow's mansion.

As we walk down a red carpet, (Y/N) and I showed off as much as we could, we may not like these people but they are the people who would, keep us from dying in the games, as (Y/N) and I are sharing a kiss for a few cameras that were snapping pictures for the papers and holograms around The Capitol.

We move down the Carpet toward the front door, Brutus points to where we are to meet Caesar Flickerman for the interviews.

A little ways from the front door was a white and gold metal gated balcony, there were white marble steps leading up to the entrance of the balcony.

(Y/N) and I make our way to the area, we were stopped by a couple of TV producers to inform us that we would be going by district. We nodded and got in line, Glimmer and Marvel came up behind us to take their place in the front of the line, and I could tell Glimmer hasn't learned her lesson as she was showing off her dress to me, and I could see (Y/N) getting pissed at her.

So, I ignored Glimmer, but the dress she was wearing was fuchsia and black dress that showed off her cleavage with a black mesh and a slit up her left leg. I'm guessing she is going for the sexy angle for the Sponsors, while Marvel is in a fuchsia and black suit with a black rose pinned on his suit jacket, I got to say he looked snazzy. His hair is slicked back while Glimmers is curled and in a tight bun.

I see Marvel roll his eyes at Glimmer as he too was getting sick of her not getting a clue about (Y/N) and I, but he waved at us as they got in front of us. 

(Marvel and Glimmer's fancy dress clothing)
(Glimmer's Dress)

(Marvel's suit)

The line for the interviews was female then male tribute, but both would go up when their number was called. And unlike the game's interview where we go one at a time, this is just for sponsors to get to know the tributes on a personal level, so they also could choose who they wanted to sponsor personally. I'm just hoping between (Y/N) and I that we can get someone to sponsor the both of us, which I knew wouldn't be a problem for her as I knew how beautiful and charming, as she can be. I know I can do the same but I was more concerned with (Y/N) getting sponsors then about me.

Other district's start to arrive as well, district 4 came before three, Mari looked so beautiful with her brown hair in a braided bun, but with small sliver fish in her hair, she was in an aqua dress with waves made from different colored blue sequins. While cliff had his blonde hair spiked up with blue highlights, and an aqua suit with a sea blue rose on his lapel of his jacket.

Mari waved at us and (Y/N) mouthed to her that she looked beautiful, Mari blushed and mouthed back a thank you, while Cliff nodded a greeting to us. 

(District's 4 dressing clothing)

(Mari's dress)

(Cliff's suit)

District three following behind them to get in front of 4 in line, the female tribute was wearing another brown steampunk dress from their stylist with her hair in tight curls in a ponytail and place on the right shoulder, while the male had on side of his head shaved and was wearing a brown suit to match his companion with a top hat that had sliver goggles on top of the hat and cane to finish off the suit.

(District's 3 suit and dress)

(3's FT)

(3's MT)

District's 5 tributes looked amazing in there LED lighted dress and suit combo, with Foxface in a sky-blue lighted dress with glowing heels that matches the dress, he hair was in a French braid, while her partner was wearing a matching color suit with glowing dress shoes. His hair was in a slick back trimmed style.

(District's 5 dressing )

(5's FT)

(5's MT)

District's 6 tributes were dressed like, they came from a classic train station, with the male again dressing like a train conductor which was a black a gold suit, but much snazzier than at the parade. While his partner was in a blue train passenger dress, that I've only seen in history books, the both looked very fancy, with the girl in a victory roll hair style.

(6's Dressing)

District 7's tributes look very woodsy, with the female wearing a black evening dress with golden branches glowing down the dress, and her hair even had a wooden crown and her hair was down, while the male was wearing a dark forest green suit, with a slick back hair style.

(7's dressing)

District 8's dressing had me question their stylist cause the male's outfit was a pink color with different designs and shapes and so were his pants, but his partner looks semi normal with a light pink dress and accessories. But her hair style was another tight bin with a pink headband and the male's hairstyle was a fifties short hair style.

(8's dressing)

(the next chapter after this ones shows what the other tributes are wearing.)

District 9's tributes, looked alright with the female was in a wheat colored wrap dress, with some golden bracelets and necklaces. Her hair was done up in a French braid that laid on her right shoulder, while the male had on a lighter wheat colored suit with a green tie, with a grey handkerchief in the shape of a flower. He also had on a golden watch and his hair was just slicked back to look nice.

District 10's outfits, we're pretty good looking for the district they represent. The girl had on a light Brown dress with a Brown cowboy hat on her head, her hair was down and slightly curled. She also had a gold pocket watch that was made into a bracelet and a tan clutch bag. The male tribute, has on a brown cowboy suit, with a loose brown tie. His hair was shaved and had a tan cowboy hat on top of his head.

District 11's tributes, for the little girl Rue she is in a cream-colored dress with green two-inch heels, a gold leaf bracelet, a rose-colored clutch bag, bird earrings with pearls. Her hair is straightened and comes down to the shoulders with flowers across the top of her head as a crown, while the male tribute is in a cream-colored suit to match Rue, with brown tie and brown dress shoes. His hair is clean cut, he sees me looking at them to which he gives me a dirty look. Guess he thinks I'm sizing them up, but I roll my eye at him.

Then district 12's tributes come up behind them, and Rue chats with Katniss.

I see Glimmer and Marvel, come from the balcony which meant we were next in line for the interviews. I grab my girls' hand and give it a gentle squeeze; she returned the squeeze and then a producer usher us toward the doors.

I can hear Caesar, talk about Glimmer and Marvel's interview and how great they both looked, but then I hear him say,

"Now let's welcome District 2's tributes, Cato Hadley and (Y/N) (L/N). Let's get to know them, shall we?"

The doors open and we walk through, he shakes my hand while giving (Y/N) a kiss on her hand, we then take a seat on the white love seat and Caesar take in a big white chair next to us.

I hear him ask me,

"So, Cato, I want to ask about the boy you volunteered for, was he someone you knew or was it someone you didn't want, to steal your glory?"

I clear my throat and say to him,

"Well, Caesar the boy I volunteered for was, my girlfriend's little brother Jax.

Jax is like a little brother to me and I wanted to protect him from the harshness that is the games.

Also, I knew it would have torn my girl up, if she had to kill her brother.

So, I'd rather die for her knowing I loved her, then out her through the trauma, of killing her brother."

He nods and says,

"I understand to lose someone to these games, is not an easy thing to get over.

Now (Y/N), The Capitol wants to know, what's it like to have Cato for a boyfriend and his does it feel, to be together in the games?"

I see my girl start to get sad, so I put my arm around her shoulders and give her a side hug.

She answers his question,

"I'm glad to have Cato in my life, he came to me at a very dark time in my life. I don't know, how I would have gotten over my father's death of it wasn't for him.

I owe him my life, and as for being in the games together, if I must be honest it's worry-some. Cause he could be snatched from me in a second, if I'm not on my guard, during the games.

But I know Cato and I will do whatever it takes to win, together or not at all."

Caesar has a was look on his face, but has a understanding look on his face and then asks us,

"So here is the major question, if you two are to win, would you to get married and start a family or how would you two, celebrate your winning of these games?"

I say to him,

"Well Caesar, I've thought about this quite a lot actually. I mean I would love to marry (Y/N) and start a family, that is if she will have me? But we will come to that bridge, when we get to it.

As for celebrating, we may take her family on a vacation outside of Panem. As her brother Jax would love to go see other countries, that he learns about in school, so that would be one way, or (Y/N) and I always wanted to go see district 4 and their beaches, so there is another idea."

I feel (Y/N) give my hand a gentle squeeze while I was talking about marriage, because we have had that conversation many times.

But we were always worried about having our kids being thrown into the games, but if we win would be mentors along with Brutus and Baria. So, I knew, we would make sure that we would, make sure our kids would win.

Caesar asked us more questions about life in District 2 and how we prepare for the games, which we told him about the academy and how long, both (Y/N) and I trained.

We also talk about our families, it got hard to talk about my brother Curio, but comforted me as I did the same when it came to talking about her father.

After about an hour of questions later, we stood with Caesar as he held up both of our hands, I gave the camera a cocky "Woo", then (Y/N) and I were dismissed by Caesar after he told us we did a great interview.

We thank him and head back inside, to find Baria and Brutus dancing together to a slow song the orchestra was playing. We giggled at how cute they looked together, so I asked my girl,

"Want to dance, princess?"

She giggled and nodded, so I took her hand and lead her to the dance floor. I bowed to her, before taking our positions to dance, she curtsies and then places her right hand in mine while I place my left arm around her waist.

She places her left hand on my shoulder, and we glide across the floor. We danced for a good portion of the night, an hour later, a servant with short blonde hair and a black vest with black dress pants.

Makes an announcement, that the mentors and tributes were to gather in the private dining hall, with President Snow and the gamemakers.

I offer (Y/N) my arm, as we follow the other tributes and mentors out the huge white double doors, with the male servant leading the way.

We come to silver and white double doors with golden door handles, he opens the doors and we all head towards our seats around, long ancient old oak table with 20 chairs around it.

The mentors were sat closest to President Snow, with the tributes sitting in-between a game maker. (Y/N) and I got sat by the current head gamemaker Senca Crane, while a female avox was seating the others.

Once everyone was seated, President Snow stand up from his seat at the head of the table and Makes a speech,

"Welcome tributes and mentors to the first round of riddles for the arena, you will have to solve. I trust your time in The Capitol has been a pleasant one, tributes.

Now the game maker you have been sat with will hand you a manila envelope, this envelope contains your first riddle.

When you receive yours, each set of tributes will read and discuss the riddle amongst themselves, once you have solved the riddle, you will turn toward the game maker you are sat by to give your answer. You will be given on hour to do so, good luck."

(Y/N) turns toward Seneca and he hands her a blue envelope with our district logo on it. We open it and it read;

I can be chopped but I'm not a carrot
I have rings but I'm not an onion
I can be climbed but I'm not a mountain
I'm made of wood but I'm not a table
I have a trunk but I'm not a car.

I think in what the answer could be, (Y/N) was better at riddles then I was, so I asked her,

"What do you think it could be, baby? I have no clue."

I could see the years turning in her head, thinking on what the answer could be, after 10 minutes I see her face light up and say to me,

"It's a tree, because trees can be chopped down, and the rings when you cut it down can tell he age of the tree, you climb trees when you're a kid and can in the games. So, it's going to be forest babe."

I smile at my smart girl, and give her a kiss on the cheek. I knew she would figure it out faster than I would, she then turns to the head game maker and tells him the answer.

He says we are correct, but also tells us that when we are in the arena, if we hear a Jabberjay singing near where ever we are in the games, that would be our signal for our head start.

We nod and wait for the others to be finished; Snow then calls time on the discussion process. He then asks the tributes who got it right to stand up, besides us, district's 4,5,7,11, and 12 stand up.

He congratulates us, and then says dinner had been served. Fancy dressed avox's, bring out the meal on silver carts, and place it on the table.

We are served things such a stuffed pig, 3 different types of groosling, a whole host of veggies, and cakes with pastries.

I helped (Y/N) pick out stuff to put on her plate, and we are and chatted with Seneca Crane. We knew we couldn't ask too much about the games, but we asked what we could. His answered what he could and even told us, a bit more about the forest biome.

He told us there would be a lot a storms that would cause flooding and freeze some tributes. We took in this little piece to share with our mentors, when we got back to our suite.

After our conversation with Mr. Crane, had come to an end. I was sharing my eclair with (Y/N) when out of the corner of my eye, I could see Glimmer giving us disgusted looks.

'Tough ditties, bitch. You can't have me.', I thought to myself, I smirked at the thought and continued to eat with my girl.

We did get a chance to mingle with the other tributes, as the dinner was coming to an end. Which gave (Y/N) to ask district 11 to be our ally, to which they said yes. But it without a threat from Thresh, basically saying if we betrayed them, he would kill is both.

I rolled my eyes at that, and told him that wouldn't happen. So, he agreed and Rue have (Y/N) a hug and told her that she had on a very pretty dress.

Which made my girl smile, but around 11 p.m. the dinner concluded, and we headed toward our mentors, who were slightly drunk and flirting with each other.

Which again made (Y/N) and I laugh, but when we got to them, they acted like it never happened. But a we walk out of Snow's front door; I could see them holding hands.

I had always wondered, if they were together or something, but if they are, I wouldn't know anyone better for Baria then Brutus. We all pile into the limo, and head back to our suite.

About 20 minutes into the ride, (Y/N) had fallen asleep on my shoulder. I kissed her forehead and pulled her body close to mine. So, when we got out, I'd carry her bridal style to our room, so we could go to sleep.

At 11:47 p.m. we make it back to the tribute suites; I carry my girl to the elevators with Baria and Brutus following behind us. Brutus hits the button to call the elevator, it reached the lobby of the place and we all get in it.

We go up their floors and get off the elevator, I tell our mentors that we are heading to bed, Brutus tells me good night. While Baria and him head over to the bar area, I'm guessing to have a night cap before bed.

I carry my girl to our room and whisper in her ear, that we are back in our room and should get changed for bed. She stretched in my arm, and smiles sweetly at me. I set her down and tell her, I'm going to grab my pj's from my room then be back in a jiff.

She nods and heads over to the wardrobe to pick out her sleeping clothes for the night, once I'm in my room, I nearly take off my suit and hang it on the hanger on my bed.

I put it in the wardrobe in my room, and grab a pair of black short and tank top, I change into them and then make my way back toward (Y/N)'s room.

When I open the door, I see her in a (F/C) spaghetti strap tank top and (F/C) shorts. With her hair in a ponytail (If you have short hair, then just pick a style.), she had her back to me but I knew she could tell I was staring at her.

She then asked me if I saw something I liked, I chucked and walk over to my girl. I kiss her deeply and tell her,

"Well you see... There's this girl, who is about (Y/H) tall, has (H/C) hair, and beautiful (S/C). Who is sexy, adorable, and all mine? You wouldn't happen to know her, would you?"

I wink at her, and she blushes. She says to me,

"I might know her, I mean I have seen her with this Adonis of a man, who is strong, caring, loving, and an all-around hunk. Think you could introduce me to him, I think I may have fallen for him."

I pick her up and she wraps her legs around my waist, as I carry her to bed. I begin tickling her, which turns into us making out til we get tired. To which I pull her close to me and cuddle her to me.

I give her one last kiss on the back of her neck, and whisper goodnight to her, and we fall asleep hoping that when it comes time to enter the games.

That we will be prepared, and win. 

(A/N): Oh my God, I'm so sorry it took me so long to finish this chapter. Been busy with other books and projects, but it is finally done and I hope you enjoy reading this chapter, as I did writing it.

But as always, May this book be ever in your favor, and happy reading.

Also there will be a second chapter that will be published, when I publish his one or just a visual of what the other tributes I couldn't fit pictures for.

Word count 5226

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.8K 1K 24
You made me fall in love with you in the most captivating and delicate way. With you by my side, I felt loved and free. You gave me a taste of heaven...
11.8K 187 37
A District 2 love story (Clato) - Alternate ending.
38.9K 1.2K 27
Long ago in a dystopian future, the people of Panem rebelled against their capital. In the end, however, these rebels were defeated. In penance for t...
444 45 9
•A Cato Hadley Story• In which Ophelia Fox meets the boy who will either save her or ruin her mercilessly. A nobody from district twelve meets a car...