THE JOCK JUST WANTS THE PREP...

By THEVINCENTNOAH

(finished) Part 1: Highschool comes with many complications, confusion, and conflicts. It's hard to come out... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
INTRO
1 - COMING OUT
2 - NEWS RECIEVED
3 - A REQUEST
4 - ANTICIPATION
5 - TOO FAST
6 - EGO
7 - LUNCH TABLE
8 - YOU'RE STILL GOING TOO FAST
9 - BRAD'S BESTFRIEND
10 - GETTING READY
11 - LET ME TREAT YOU
12 - THE TUTOR
13 - THE ROWDY AND TIRED
14 - FINALLY TAKING IT SLOW
15 - THE WORST DATE
16 - KNOWING MORE
17 - WHY DID YOU
19 - FRIENDLY AND FRIEND TALK
20 - PROCRASTINATE
21 - WHY DID SHE
22 - LIKING ONE OR THE OTHER
23 - ALL BECAUSE OF A BANANA
24 - THE GAME
25 - THIAGO, ARI, AND DAMIAN
26 - A LITTLE JEALOUS
27 - THE CLICHE TRUTH OR DARE
28 - DRUNKEN SOFTY
29 - LOVE STARTS BLOOMING
30 - HOODIE
31 - STUPID STEREOTYPES
32 - HIGHSCHOOL TRANSFERS
33 - THE RESTAURANT
34 - LONG AWAITED
35 - BUNKBEDS
36 - GROWING CONCERN
37 - REASSURANCE
38 - STUPID THOUGHTS
39 - STEPPING INTO OLD TERRITORY
40 - GUIDANCE
41 - DIAMOND RINGS AND CANNED FISH
42 - WHAT'S WRONG
43 - SLUR
44 - OFFENDED AND AGITATED
45 - SHARING THE HONESTY
46 - THE CHOIR
47 - HER SONG
48 - ATTACHED TO HIS MELODY
49 - A BOLD PECK
50 - FIRST TIME FOR FRISKY
51 - A HEARTWARMING MOTIVE
52 - INCOMMING BIRTHDAY
53 - A COLORFUL SURPRISE
54 - EVERYONE'S HERE
55 - THOUGHT OVER VALUE
56 - A PRIZE FOR HIS BOY
57 - NOAH'S BESTFRIEND
58 - CURIOUS MESSAGES
59 - TEARS AND PROMISES
60 - STAND UP FOR YOURSELF
61 - THE SECOND GAME
62 - THE TENSION OF HIS THROW
63 - NOW LET ME TREAT YOU
64 - A SLEEPOVER
65 - CUDDLED IN HIS ARMS
66 - HIM
67 - OUT OF NOWHERE APOLOGY
68 - LIAM'S PARTY
69 - KATE'S WRITING
70 - THE BRIDGE
71 - TRAVEL SAFELY
72 - A REUNION
73 - SECRETS MEANT TO BE KEPT
74 - DRINKS, TEENS, AND DRAMA
75 - WHAT HAPPENED
76 - EVEN BIG GUYS CRY
77 - NO REPLY
78 - JUST LEAVE ME ALONE
79 - HER WHY
80 - TAKE A BREAK
81 - MAKING PLANS
82 - I WISH YOU WERE HERE
83 - PLANNING THE PROM
84 - NOW YOU HAVE HIM
85 - GETTING BACK TOGETHER
86 - JUST LIKE THE OLD DAYS
87 - I'M HERE FOR YOU
88 - FACING FORWARD
89 - GET READY
90 - A SIGHT TO SEE
91 - HER DEDICATION
92 - END
Q&A
Final thoughts
SCENE 1 NOAH
SCENE 1 BRAD
SCENE 2 BRAD

18 - THE QUESTIONS BEGIN

9.5K 351 34
By THEVINCENTNOAH

|| BRAD ||

"Yeah, of course, I'm coming..." Said Noah. I stared at him and blinked. Was it that easy to ask him? "...I'm in choir, and I would like to come to sing the national anthem before the game for extra credit," he added in. That hit me hard. For a moment I really thought he'd mainly like to come and watch me play. "... though I don't think I'll be staying after," he said.

My tilted to the side, "why not?" I questioned him with a frown.

"Who are we against again?" Noah asked. It was quite bizarre for him to say.

It didn't really answer my question, but I replied on his behalf, "our rival school, TopStar high," I said. He grimaced with a scowl then sunk his head low whilst glancing sideways. I raised an eyebrow at him, "is there something wrong?" I asked with concern.

"It's complicated," he sighed. Judging by his uncomfortable body language, I dismissed the topic and asked why he can't watch me play again. "I..." he sounded so unsure. He looked at me deeply while I was waiting for his answer with anticipation. He closes his eyes for a moment then opens them, "I'll think about it," he said.

"Brad, get back to your seat," I heard a voice that sent chills up my spine. Noah stiffened along and I slowly turned my torso 180 degrees like a victim in a horror movie. There stood Mr. Masson with arms crossed. "S-sorry sir," I said and made my way back to my chair next to Taylor.

"Welcome back," Taylor said with a smug grin. I rolled my eyes at him and leaned forward on my desk with my hand supporting beneath my chin. I know that as rivals, the schools wouldn't really like each other, but Noah's reaction was odd. Usually, we would all act grossed out by the sound of our school's rival's name, but Noah seemed uneasy, almost scared. Trying to avoid falling into deep thoughts I tried to shake it off my head and looked at him. Quietly on his seat, Noah continued reading his book in peace.

With everyone's paper finally turned in, others started playing on their phones and having conversations with each other. James went over to Noah and started talking to each other. Judging by the fraction of words I've heard like 'singing' and 'football', it was obvious as to what they're talking about. I have to admit that I am a bit envious of how close James and the others are close to Noah. Constantly talking, laughing, hanging out together. Noah usually doesn't make many friends, he makes acquaintances, and you would be very lucky if he could consider you more than just acquaintances. We're friends... right? We've talked, but he doesn't come over to voluntarily start a conversation. I just want to be more than friends. I want to be more than just best friends. I want to learn more about him and see what it actually feels like to have a boyfriend. I want him to be my boyfriend.

-

Lunchtime, the usual. I'm sat down with my group at our common spot., watching Noah at his table from afar. "Stalker much," I heard Taylor who is sat beside me. I turned and glared at him with a growl. "

Just shut up dude," I folded my arms on the table and rested my head on it.

"What's up with him?" Zack said and poked my shoulder.

"The guy's been obsessing over Noah," Taylor said. I looked up and saw that Liam was nodding in agreement.

"Wow, I don't think I've ever seen you behave like this ever since you've dated Annabel," Jackson chuckled. I felt a twinge of pain in my gut and heart. I turned once more to look at his table. Noah and Annabel are both smiling with glee. "He reminds me of her," I uttered.

"Noah and Annabel?" Jackson said.

"Well, to be fair, those two have many things in common," Zack said, "those two are close, like inseparable siblings," He added. A part of me was glad that Noah's gay. If he were to be into girls, he would have definitely fallen for her. Annabel was such an amazing girlfriend. She's pretty and smart.

She was the best girlfriend ever. But behind that sweet character of hers, I had a feeling that she didn't feel the same for me for unknown reasons, but I didn't want my hunch to be true. And it seems to be true. It really a shame that our relationship ended. She started putting distance away from me and I had no idea why. When I asked her if something was affecting her, she wouldn't tell me. I didn't know what I was doing wrong, or why she suddenly couldn't talk to me. One day, she pulled the trigger and came to me in privacy.

She told me that she wanted to break up.

She told me that it just was not going to work for us. I couldn't believe it. I asked why, but she wouldn't tell me. Even though lots of things and moments foreshadowed us breaking up. I begged for her not to leave me. I begged that I would do better. I was trying to anticipate it, but it still hurt me so much.

And with that, my heart broke in agony.

"Dude," I hear someone say and felt what seems to be an elbow nudging my side. I was brought back to reality and stared at Zack and blinked with a dumbfounded expression. "Geez, you've been staring at them for so long that they noticed you and were giggling," Zack said. With him mentioning it, I was gazing off at their general direction while in deep thoughts. I glanced back at them to see Noah waving and giving me a grin. Shit. I covered my red face in embarrassment and groaned.

"Wow, you weren't kidding Taylor," Jackson said with such amusement.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

279K 7.5K 16
Noah - Quite and loving, gets bullied for being gay. He doesn't talk to people and deals whit depression at times because of the way he isolates hims...
3.8K 117 26
Justin Williams is your all perfect popular jock. He has everything one could ask wether it's money, fame or face. What he doesn't have is the person...
2.8M 78.1K 26
Meet Jordan, a shy eighteen-year-old boy, who had just started senior year in the sunny state of California. He's a quirky, nerdy boy who happens to...
30.4K 820 28
[BXB] "Promise me you'll stay strong, for me, for us" Smiling at the older boy below him Blake rested his forehead upon Alec's. "I promise" Hearin...