Gotham's Own Ladybug

By Miraculous_786

Damian never expected to fall for the new student, Marinette Iszel. He also never expected her to be a trauma... More

Prologue
One
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three

Two

10.4K 291 66
By Miraculous_786

The moon's light showered Gotham in an ethereal glow, dark silhouettes of the buildings were visible if you looked. Stars dotted the black sky, accompanying the shimmering crescent situated in it.

Robin leaped across another rooftop, his cape flowing elegantly behind his figure. The only noises in the night were his muted footsteps, and the conversation in his earpiece.

"Any crimes in your area?" Red Robin asked, as Damian somersaulted again after making impact with the cement beneath him.

"None in mine," Jason replied as Nightwing answered, "None that I've seen," shortly after.

"Robin, what about you?" Tim questioned when he hadn't said anything.

Damian stopped moving for a few seconds, panting lightly on a roof. "Haven't been able to find any."

Red Hood let out an audible sigh of relief, as he breathed, "Wow! One night without any problems? That's a first!"

"You're telling me. I expected at least a mugging or bank robbery, but nothing? Huh," Richard mused. "Guess that means we can go back to the manor now."

As if he had just jinxed it, the boys heard the gruff voice of Batman inform, "I think I just spotted Harley and Ivy nearby."

"Are they committing a crime?"

"No, Nightwing. They're actually walking out of a grocery store-" their eyebrows rose, "-with items in bags. Pretty sure they're payed for."

There was an awkward silence, soon broken by Tim suggesting, "Guess that means we can do one last check before heading off home. Wanna do it together?"

The brothers collectively agreed, and soon they met up at a particular gargoyle situated nearby Wayne Enterprises. Robin and Red Hood surveyed the left, while Nightwing and Red Robin searched the right.

It was when they had just believed that everything was safe that a buzzing noise echoed in their ears. All boys looked around in confusion, before Damian reached for the phone hidden in his utility belt.

"What's wrong?" Bruce asked, noticing how his adopted sons had gone silent through his earpiece. Instead of an answer, Robin shot his grappling hook onto a roof, latching it onto its edge.

As he let himself up, he shot a quick glare at the trio and muttered, "I need to silence my earpiece."

Before they could argue, Robin leaped across several more roofs, and answered the phone mid-leap.

"Dami?" a feminine voice asked, making Damian relax against a brick wall.

"Hey, how's it going? Are you okay?" he quizzed, scenarios already rushing through his head as to what had made her call him at this hour.

There was a slight scuffling on the other end, until she replied, "Oh! No, I just wanted to know what your favourite colours were!"

His brows shot up, though it was hard to tell beneath his domino mask. "...What?"

"Oh no! I'm so sorry!" Marinette fumbled. "Did I wake you up? Are you in the middle of something important?"

"No, no. Don't worry, Angel," he assured. "Why do you want to know my favourite colours?"

There was more shuffling from where she was, before Marinette replied, "Well, remember how I told you I really like sewing? I decided that I wanted to make you something, and I want to know what fabric colour to use."

The corners of Damian's lips twitched upward, as he informed, "Probably red, green and yellow are my favourites. Though I prefer darker shades of green and red."

A faint scribbling noise could be heard, but it was soon covered up by Marinette saying, "Thank you! Now I can find them in this store!"

Damian snuck a glance at the corner of his phone screen, noting how it was quite late in the evening. "Wait, what store are you in?"

"Umm...Lucky's. Why, exactly?" Marinette asked, confused as to why he wanted to know.

"Just to see where the fabric will be from."

Thankfully, she seemed to take it as a suitable answer and said, "I'm going to go look for the materials I need. Talk to you tomorrow?"

He sighed, and parted with, "Bye, Angel."

After she cut him off, he placed the phone back into his belt, and prepared his ear for the onslaught of incoming questions. As soon as he unsilenced his earpiece, several male voices began overlapping each other simultaneously.

"-emon Spawn has a girlfriend?!"

"Brat, who the heck is Angel?"

"I'm so proud of you, Baby Bird!" Robin managed to make out Dick saying. "You managed to make yourself a friend!"

"You act like I don't have any friends," he muttered, causing the brothers to go quiet at his presence.

"Demon Spawn! Did you seriously do something to make that girl be your friend?"

"No, I didn't!" he denied. "She was a new student at school today, and I had to act as her tour guide."

Robin didn't finish explaining, as he used his grappling hook to swing in the direction of Lucky's. Red Hood unfortunately spotted Damian in the corner of his eye, and followed closely behind.

When Damian arrived at the fabric shop, a young female strolled out of the entrance, bags of fabric in her hands. Her hair was easily recognisable to be in pigtails, and the nearby streetlamps caused her locks to appear a dark navy.

A male voice rang out in Damian's ear. "So, Demon Spawn. I'm guessing that's your girlfriend."

A blush obscured by his costume began to crawl its way up his neck, but before he could be teased, Red Robin said, "Where is she going?"

The males simultaneously turned their heads to where Marinette was walking, and just managed to catch her turn into an alleyway. They all leaped onto the rooftop to the side of it, and saw her peering about her surroundings.

Thankfully, she didn't look up, leaving the quartet unseen from her vision. "You said she was a new student, right?" Nightwing asked. "She wouldn't by any chance be new to Gotham too?"

"She's French," Robin replied. "And she's from Paris, I'm pretty sure. Explains why she isn't concerned about going outside this late."

Marinette glanced down at her purse, a new one her aunts had purchased after moving in with them in Gotham. She felt Tikki push against her thigh, a signal that the kwami was ready to transfer her magic to Marinette.

Just as she was about to say the transformation phrase, footsteps from behind made her swivel her head backwards, where she saw a man adorning a balaclava.

Immediately, the grip on her bags tightened as the older man said, "What are you doing out this late, young lady?"

The nickname lady caused memories to flash before her eyes, but she decided to focus on how the man inched forward slowly, a pocketknife in his left hand. She dropped her bags onto the ground, softly so as to not damage the material inside.

The man seemed confused, yet carried on slinking forward. Narrowing her eyes, she charged forward, kicking him in the gut and causing the knife to clatter to the ground. She hit it with her foot, making it slide further away from the criminal.

Grabbing the man's arm, she turned around and pulled him over her shoulder, his back making impact with the solid ground.

She ran to the shopping bags and looked back at the man, seeing him stand back up with an angry expression. Taking a step back, her eyes darted around the environment, searching for any way to escape.

However, a sharp object soon sailed past Marinette's head, in the direction of the criminal in front of her. Catching the moonlight reflecting off of it, she made it out to be another knife.

The quartet on the roof could only watch in utter confusion as the infamous Cat Woman was visible in the shadows where the knife had come from. From the precision of the aim, cat ears, and costume that blended in with the night, they all recognised who she was, apart from the French teenager below.

"Chat Noir?" a female asked in horror. "Qu'est-ce que tu fais ici? Comment m'as-tu trouvé?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.8K 2.8K 17
Marinette is abandoned by her friends, her only supporters were Chole, Kagami, Luka, Jagged, Penny, and her parents. What happens when Marinette's pa...
108K 3.9K 57
Despite the fact that many things had changed in her class, Marinette was content-she wasn't happy, but she was not sad or negative towards what had...
184K 4K 35
Lila had arrived when she was 13. She had stolen all her friends. She was bullied by her class. Chloe apologized and was her only friend in her class...
192K 5.4K 56
'𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘸 𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥, 𝘐 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘴𝘦. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘤𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘳𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵, �...