Class of '19 (A Steps School...

By lockett_heart

What if Steps all went to school together now? Who'd be naughty, who'd be nice? Having been friends all throu... More

2 - New Girl
3 - Sorry
4 - Friends?
5 - So what?
6 - A friendship group
7 - Last Summer
8 - Summer Term
9 - 6 weeks of Summer
10 - Fifth member
11 - Endless carnage
12 - Half Term
13 - Birthdays
14 - Trouble
15 - Tears
16 - Ultimatum
17 - New project
18 - Our first Song
19 - Lessons and Performances

1 - I wish we hadn't

193 3 5
By lockett_heart

Okay so I know that xTabithaNala kinda already uploaded one of these (check it out if you haven't) and I don't really want to make it seem like I'm copying her but I wanted to share this with you. I started to write this a while back, just never uploaded it.

Faye's point of view
I groaned as the bell rung, signalling the start of tutor time, I didn't really want to go, but I already knew I had to - I was one late mark away from a detention anyway and the last time I'd not turned up got me in more trouble than it was worth. It wasn't like I didn't like my tutor group or anything, it was just that I had those few people I didn't like (as everyone does). It just so happened those two people had been my best friends since I was 4.
"Faye! Melody! Tutor! Now! and Amelia, get to IC." Yelled Mrs Andrews.
I rolled my eyes and picked up my bag. She'd never liked me. "See you later Amy." I grumbled, and left.
"Amelia, before you leave. Pull your skirt down. For heavens sake girl you're at school, not a beauty contest."
I stormed across the hard-play (which any normal school would call a playground), and crashed through the doors of the new maths block.
"Faye. This is the third time this week you've been late. And you know what another late mark means don't you." My tutor scolded as I walked into his classroom.
"It's Wednesday?" I replied sarcastically as I sat down in my lonely seat in the nearest corner of the room to the door.
"Think yourself lucky I'm not going to give you a C2 for that comment as well as the late marks." My tutor replied.
I bit my lip to stop me from making any other comments, and pulled my phone from my trouser pocket, opening up Instagram to see what my favourite celebrities were up to.
Mr Bridges took the register and I glared across the classroom at the brunette I used to call my best friend as she looked up from her reading book to respond to the register. The girl sat next to her leaned across to say something to her, and even from the far side of the room I heard the words "annoying bitch" used in regards to my behaviour.
Diverting my attentions, I glanced round to the sporty boys' table, seeking out Lee amongst them. He shot me a rude gesture, that I promptly returned, before going back to his game of paper-ball table football. I sort of wanted to cry about the fact these two people had been my best friends until about a year ago, but I also felt sort of glad I'd been cut of their company. We'd have never stayed in touch once we all moved on from here anyway.
I resorted to scrolling through Instagram, hoping I could find something interesting on my feed. I couldn't. Why did Amy have to get herself a isolation for the week? It wasn't even her fault, it had been Erin's. All I wanted was a friend to spend time with but they kept getting into more trouble than me. I shrugged and got distracted again, Instagram was far more exciting than real life anyways. Reading through one of the many generic teen accounts I followed on Instagram was when the effects of the broken friendship I'd been so desperately trying to ignore came back like a punch in the mouth. I still couldn't come to terms with the fact what we had was over and the post about your first friends meaning most to you when you're old brought it all flooding back out again.

Lisa's point of view
As I looked up from my book to answer the register, my eyes met Faye's. She was sat alone on the table where her and Amelia would normally sit. I missed how we used to be, but I knew she wouldn't want me to be with her now she has Melody, Cara, and Amelia. I wished we hadn't fought. It was stupid and I regretted it so much. Emma glanced up at me, and leaned in to whisper something. I looked over at her, to give me a better chance of listening to what she said.
"Stop worrying about her. She's an annoying bitch and she doesn't deserve your concern." Emma whispered, doubtlessly louder than she'd intended.
I looked back in Faye's direction, but she'd turned away, obviously looking at our other old friend Lee. I wished I had the courage speak up, get her to listen to how sorry I still was about it, but I was terrified she'd just tell the rest of her popular friends. Instead I took a glance over at Lee and his jocks, wondering if there was anything I could do to make him like me more.
"Lisa, Lee and... Tozer, if you want to get out of that detention you're due, can you come next door for a quick chat please?" Mr Bridges asked.
Faye rolled her eyes, and stayed put, Lee got up leaving a ball of scrap paper to roll off the table in his place. I got up, placing the bookmark back into my book and left the room, following Lee next door. He sat in back corner of the room, and looked at me with a grimace as I sat down on the chair nearest the teacher's desk. There was a huff and Faye threw herself into the seat next to the door.

Mr Bridges walked in and sat down on a chair at the central desk. "All three of you come over here and join me." He said.
Dubiously all of us eventually sat down at the central desk.
Mr Bridges looked at us all before continuing. "Tomorrow morning we will be having a new girl join our tutor group, and I'd like you three to look after her for her first week. I know you three don't have the best recent history, but you used to work so well together and I think it would be nice for you to work together on something again."
"Ugh do we have to do it together or can't we just take it in turns?" Faye asked, looking at Lee and I with a disgusted look. "I mean I have friends I'd much rather spend time with."
"No you'll be looking after her together, to build your team skills. You never know you might even find you like each other still." Mr Bridges replied.
Faye rolled her eyes again. "I have standards, I mean I don't want to be seen in the company of a footballer and a book worm."
"You'll be proud to be in my company, just give it a year or so and you'll be sorry you pushed me away." Lee replied.
"Yeah so maybe I will, but there are other fit sporty boys in this school, most of which I didn't have to grow up with!" Faye replied.
"You know, yeah you're right clearly that was the problem, not that you wanted to be into make-up and finding a boyfriend." Lee replied.
I just sat their silently, listening as their argument got more and more intense, brushing my fingers across the edge of the book feeling the pages bristle as I touched them. "JUST STOP ARGUING OKAY! I HAD ENOUGH OF WATCHING YOU TWO FIGHT LAST YEAR AND I CAN'T GO THROUGH IT AGAIN!" I shouted eventually.
Faye and Lee looked at me in a shocked silence, and I remembered the last thing Faye had shouted at me. "I hate how little and quiet you are." The words echoed around my head. Little quiet me who'd sat alone in the library reading for months after we'd first stopped fighting. Little quiet me with very few friends in comparison to both of them. It was generally accepted by others that out of the three of us I'd come off worst in the long run. I suddenly felt very embarrassed, and stared down at my lap, shifting my feet awkwardly.
"Why do you need us to do this together? Why specifically us?" Lee asked Mr Bridges eventually.
"From what I know about this girl, she's into reading and sport and I just thought maybe as I'm putting Lisa and Lee together maybe I should ask Faye to join you, to point her in the direction of a good influence." He said. "Are you interested?"
I nodded. Lee agreed and Faye eventually agreed too.
"Together, remember that." Mr Bridges added, before sending us back to the tutor room.

I sat down next to Emma, who immediately asked me what Mr Bridges had wanted to talk to the 3 of us about. I told her half of the truth, but I didn't dare bring up the group's past. Every time I did she told me they weren't worth my time and that I should move on and forget about them. But it's hard to forget people who have been your best friends so long. The words haunted me. I knew I'd never find another friend like Faye. I knew I'd never find another like Lee either.

Lee's point of view
I slumped back into my chair next to Ewan, and fruitlessly tried to join back in with their conversation. Anyone could guess I was distracted. It was just that somehow being there with Faye and Lisa, it'd reminded me of how we were before we'd split up. And of how this had all started.
"Oi oi. What's up with you daydreamer?" Called Alfie across the table.
"Nothing" I replied hastily. I knew they teased Jacob about his crush on Chloe, and the last thing I wanted right now to become the next friendship group joke.
"I'm gonna guess girl troubles." Cole joked from across the table.
"Hell no! I don't wanna get bogged down by a miserable teenage girl yet!" I replied.
Cole and a few of the others looked at me with a look mocking and I groaned. Looks like I'm the new joke.
I sighed with relief as the bell went for first lesson. None of the others were in my class so at least I got a break from their mocking.
"Hey! You get to spend a lesson with your girlfriend!" Cole said.
I looked at him bemused. "What girlfriend?" I asked.
"Your baby friend." He replied, pointing a jeering finger at Faye, who was already on her way out the room, her handbag slung carelessly over her shoulder.
"So what if we were childhood friends? We haven't been for ages now!" I replied, grabbing my bag and storming out after Faye.
"Oh la la!" I heard Alfie call just before I kicked the door to the block open a little too hard.
The last thing I heard any of them yell was Cole shouting "Temper tantrum!" just before the door slammed shut.
I hid just down an ally way halfway between my tutor room and the drama room and just cried. I wasn't sure which problem it was about; was it having to work with Faye and Lisa again or was it that my new friends were bullying me? I sat there for a few minutes, trying to sort myself out before heading into the performing arts block. I didn't worry about turning up late, I was almost always late to drama, so I knew nobody would ask any questions.
In the drama room I teamed up with Billy and Niall. Neither of them were overly popular and therefore neither of them had anybody else to go with. None of my friends were in my drama class, so I had much the same issue. I looked at Faye and the army of blonde bitches she was a part of, and wondered why on earth Mr Bridges thought it was possible for us to become friends again. Lisa at least was sat only with a few other people. Two girls and a boy which she'd no doubt befriended in the library. I could try to be friends with her, but I'm not sure such a nerd as her would want to hang around with me. I spent half my time teasing nerdy kids now.

Faye's point of view
When the bell for break finally rung, I practically ran out of maths, full of relief that that horror was over for another day. I hated maths and I'm quite frankly balls at it anyway. I met Melody, Cara and my other friends in the hall. It was obvious that Cara had skipped lessons again, because she had a massive grin on her face unlike the others.
"What's with the grin Cara?" I asked as I sat down.
"Ohhh... only that I managed to skip lessons without Mrs Andrews finding me." She bragged.
"I wouldn't be so loud, she'll be on the hunt for you by now like a lion." I replied, quietly. I didn't bother to bring up my issue, I deemed it unimportant in comparison to Cara's good news.
"Faye! What would you care to repeat that for me?" Asked Mrs Andrews from behind me.
I didn't dare look around. I sat there frozen in panic. All the eyes in the area shifted towards me.
"I said 'Would you care to repeat that for me' Miss Tozer?" She said again.
I was wishing the ground would swallow me whole. In any other friendship group someone would have stuck up for me by now, but nobody else on the table said a word. Trembling, I mumbled "I said you'd be on the hunt for Cara like... like a... a lion Mrs."
"Speak up child! And face me like a grown-up would." Mrs Andrews yelled at me. Many eyes from round the room were watching now.
I turned to face her. "I was just telling... just telling Cara that you'll be on the hunt for her like a Lion. For... for... her... sk...k...ipping less... lesson." I replied.
"You're right good girl." She said to me. I could already sense her praise was sarcastic. "I'm bored of giving you detentions Tozer. Both of you can come with me to IC now."
I was almost too shocked to move. Had I just heard her right? Isolation? I hadn't done anything wrong! Knowing that arguing would do me no good I got up and willingly followed Mrs Andrews. Cara, grumbling her appreciation, followed along through the technology car park.

The Isolation centre was as bad as I'd always imagined. My bag and phone were taken off of me and put in a locker in the hallway outside. I was then led into a room and sent to sit at a desk and briefly introduced to the rules. They were simple. No talking, do your work, no eating. I'd glanced round the room on my way in and I was in the company of Cara, Erin and Amy, a fat boy I reckoned was about year 10, a skinny spotty year 7 boy and a year 9 girl decorated with far too many piercings. I sighed and tried not to cry. Not that anyone would see, there were wooden partitions between each pod to deter communication. In the end I gave up, face planted the keyboard and just wept quietly. That was the moment I realised: I'd made a big mistake in pushing my old friends away so much. I'd mixed with the wrong people since we'd fought and I wasn't even sure how deep into trouble I'd got until today. I needed my old friends back.

Heyyyy! New story! Enjoy!
Lis

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

928K 56.8K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
136K 3.7K 54
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
125K 5.1K 93
a sister who's actions are untamed, and a brother who's feelings are untamed. With complete different personalities, yet an awesome bond, the sibling...
608K 21.9K 96
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...