You Belong With Me (Luka Couf...

By churros_liz

(y/n) and Luka have been best friends as long as they could remember. Luka plays guitar in his little sister'... More

Best Friend's Brother
Mercy
To Know Him Is To Love Him
Replay
Satisfied
Shower
Lovestruck
Hero
Wings
I'm Just Your Problem
Ego Part 1
Ego Part 2
Boy Like You
Love Story
Yuukei Yesterday
Enchanted
Queen of Mean
Class Fight
The One That Got Away
My Happy Ending
Dance Tonight
Freak the Freak Out
Inferno
Oath
Wait For Me
Break Up Song
Perfect Harmony
Music Sounds Better With You
You Belong With Me
Extra: The Phoenix
Extra: As Long As I Have You
Extra: Finally//Beautiful Stranger
Extra: Sleeping Beauty
Extra: Say You Won't Let Go
Extra: Everything Has Changed
Extra Finale: Characters
Ending Note: Songs and Info
Author's Note: 100k?!?!?!
Author's Note: 400k?!?!?!

Creep

21.5K 928 1K
By churros_liz

I want you to notice
When I'm not around
You're so fuckin' special
I wish I was special

"Is something wrong, my lady?" Chat glanced at Ladybug. The two have just finished their patrol for the night and were sharing a nice break on the Eiffel Tower like they always do. They would talk about their thoughts, worries, and their day most of the time, but sometimes they would just watch the city lights in silence. It was these moments in which Chat Noir wished that Ladybug and he were a couple. But alas, every time he would confess, she would reject him.

"I'm just worried about Phoenix" The bluenette girl sighed. "Hawkmoth is going to be making her and the people she cares about his prime target now. I worry that... that -"

"That she won't give up her miraculous?" Chat finished her thought. Ladybug nodded, her head hanging low.

"I know that her kwami made a bond with her ancestors and they can't be apart from one another, but I can't help but think that it's the best thing to do" Ladybug turned to her partner. "The phoenix miraculous must be returned to Master Fu in order to protect (y/n) and her friends"

"And if she refuses?" Chat questioned.

"That won't be a problem" The two heroes turned to see you flying above them. You landed next to them, staring at the city.

"Phoenix, I didn't mean -" Ladybug held a face full of worry.

"I know you mean well" You smiled, staring down at your feet. "And if I were to be completely honest, I was thinking the same thing"

"You were?" Ladybug sounded surprised.

You nodded. "After Blue Incendier set that trap on Luka, I... I thought that maybe if I stopped being Phoenix this wouldn't have happened"

"But isn't the miraculous your family's heirloom?" Chat grabbed your attention. "I don't know about you two, but heirlooms are a top-notch priority in my family. If I gave any of mine up, I would probably be sent away"

"My family isn't as strict as yours" You huffed. "I'm sure my grandmother would understand if I did do that"

"So are you going to give up your miraculous?" Ladybug returned back to the topic. You turned to her. It's still a bit hard to talk to her. She hasn't done anything wrong.

Taking a deep breath, you shook your head. "I wish I could tell you yes"

"Wait, but if you're not going to hand it over, what are you going to do?" The red and black-dressed hero stared at you with a confused expression. "What was the whole point of you saying not to worry?"

"I originally did plan on giving it back to the guardian, but..." Your eyes diverted back to the city, specifically the houseboat docked in the seine. "But then I thought, 'what if something happens? What if Hawkmoth or someone worse gets their hands on it? What then?' Those thoughts ran through my mind this entire afternoon. So I figured the best way to keep Kwan safe is by taking her with me to (hometown)"

"(hometown)?" Chat and Ladybug shared a confused glance.

"I'm moving there in a few weeks" You let out a sigh.

"What?!" The two heroes gasped.

"My parents got promoted so we're moving" You turned to them. "It's also the only way to keep my loved ones safe from Hawkmoth"

Ladybug and Chat Noir still looked at you with concern. Although your relationship with the pair didn't start on the right foot, the three of you barely started to become friends. It's a shame that there isn't going to be much time for all of you to hang out. You let out a small laugh, lightly shoving them. "What's with the sad faces? You're still stuck with me for a couple of weeks"

"I'm sorry" Chat's ears lowered as he pouted. "If I had caught you in time, you wouldn't have had to reveal your identity"

"It's not your fault, Chat" You patted his shoulder. "I know this won't make sense, but me getting akumatized was all my fault. I was stupid and... and thought that I had a chance at something, only to lose it. So don't blame yourself"

Ladybug looked at you, already guessing at what you meant by losing something. It was related to Luka. Your eyes met her stare. Ever since you found out about her identity, you couldn't look at her as Ladybug anymore. You saw her as the girl that won over Luka's heart. She's just a reminder now, and she shouldn't be.

Marinette thought back to the conversation she had with Master Fu earlier that day. They discussed what they should do to protect your friends right before Blue Incendier attacked. The small old man had brought up a potion that would erase your memory of ever becoming Phoenix. It was a potion he learned when he was a student with the other guardians. He's most likely working on it right at this moment. But Marinette doesn't know if she agrees to handing you the potion. It feels wrong, but it could be safer. She still needs to think about it before telling you anything.

----

"Alright people, I called this meeting because we have limited time with our precious friend, (y/n) (l/n)" Grace clapped her hands together. Your entire group of friends decided to meet up at her home in order to discuss your going-away party.

"Why are we planning it now?" Ruben groaned. "She leaves in a month"

"Exactly!" Calixte stood up from the couch, high-fiving Grace. "We have a month to plan the best farewell party there ever was!"

"You guys are getting way into this" Lucien chuckled.

"So what are we going to do?" Manu glanced at everyone in the room.

"Well, the party is going to be obviously held at the Couffaine's ship" Grace hummed.

"Kitty Section could perform" Rose chimed.

"We should also get Nino to DJ whenever we need a break" Ivan added. The band nodded in response.

"We're going to need to get (y/n)'s favorite food" Calixte pulled out his phone. "And I already placed an order for the desserts at the Dupain-Cheng baker - Ouch! What was that for?"

Calixte glared at Ruben, who had just kicked him very harshly. Ruben pretended to be innocent besides the fact that everyone saw what he just did.

"Okay," Lucien sighed. "Besides food and entertainment, we're going to need decorations - which Manu and Ruben would be in charge of"

"Why do we have to do that?" Ruben crossed his arms.

"I signed us both up for it" Manu smiled at his boyfriend.

"Alright" Ruben nodded his head, smiling slightly at the shorter boy.

"He's whipped" Calixte whispered toward Lucien, who nodded in agreement.

"I heard that"

"Ahem" Grace grabbed everyone's attention. "Lucien and I will be in charge of making and sending invitations, and that just leaves Luka"

"What should I do?" The said boy smiled, ready to take on any task.

"You're in charge of making sure (y/n) fills the seine with tears of joy" Calixte grinned.

"Huh?" Luka tilted his head.

"We're all going to get her gifts, but we were thinking that you should - I don't know - write her a song?" Grace smiled. "I mean, it's been a while since you last dedicated a song to her and I know it's going to mean a lot to her if you surprise her with one. It's only if you want to. You can get her a regular gift if you decide not to"

"No, I'll do it" Luka smiled. "I was already writing a song for her anyway"

"Really? Great!" Grace squealed. "This is going to be the best party ever!"

----

You landed in your bedroom, de-transforming. Kwan flew towards your minifridge to raid the meat you left in there. You sat down at your piano. With school, dance, and hero duties, you haven't had the time to play. The feeling of your fingers on the keys felt relaxing. Dancing always helped relieve your stress, singing helped you express your emotions, and flying helped clear your mind, but the piano - the piano was a combination of those three.

You started playing the instrument when Luka started playing the guitar. You wanted to do something that the two of you could do together. When Luka and Juleka formed Kitty Section, they had thought of you being the pianist, but that was around the time you started to focus more on dance. You were still there to support them in any way you can. You wrote melodies with Luka, helped Rose with song lyrics, and booked them gigs every once and a while. It made you feel like your connection with Luka always grew with the more time you spent with him.

"Luka..." You closed your eyes, a smile immediately appearing on your lips. Your fingers ran across the keys of the piano. A sweet melody filled your room and reached everywhere around your house. You began to hum, softly singing. Kwan exited your minifridge, staring at your figure with wide eyes. Though the song sounded romantic, the lyrics showed how heartbroken you were.

Whatever makes you happy
Whatever you want
You're so fuckin' special

I wish I was special

But I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo
What the hell am I doing here?

I don't belong here

I don't belong here

Your fingers slowly left the keys. Kwan flew toward you. You were wiping the tears away from your eyes, trying so hard to hold even more back. "Why does love have to be so cruel?" You asked the tiny creature.

"I... I don't know" Kwan snuggled against your cheek as comfort

"It's so hard" Your voice cracked.

"It'll get better in time" Kwan flew in front of you to meet your eyes. "And who knows? Maybe you'll meet someone better than Luka! Someone that loves you just the way you are and isn't as oblivious"

You let out a small laugh. You held the kwami on your palms and placed a kiss on her tiny head. "Thank you, Kwan"

Though you know Luka loves and cares for you, it is not the same way you do for him. You want more than what you have, but you can't. It hurts yet you know you have to move on. Luka will remain your best friend. No matter what, nothing would change that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 5.1K 32
Aspiring Bands, Musical Groups, and Artists all around the Globe were given a chance to compete and be recognized by all in a form of competition. A...
6.3K 249 51
Marinette can't get Adrien off of her mind but she can't tell him how she feels because he's with Kagami. She starts to realise that Chat Noir has st...
61.5K 1.3K 15
Well it all goes like usual marinette getting aboanded by her friends because of sausages hair fanfiction /stories .......... But this one is with a...