Six Skeletons and The Waitress

By ItsSwapPapyrus

A picture perfect family hides the fact that your life is filled with manipulation and abuse. When you move a... More

1. Moving Away
2. Cute Monsters
3. Guests, but you stay in your room.
4. Red
5. Oh no
6. Brother, Dear
7. Honeybee *
8. Swap!Muffet's Bakery.
9. Sealed with a Kiss
10. Spider Dance
11. Skeleton Cookies
12. Boss
13. Trust Me
14. Kidnap and kidnapper
15. Behind the Scenes
16. Little Miss
17. wake up call
18. Red & Stretch
19. Drunk Skeletons pt1
20. Drunk Skeletons pt2
21. Blueberry
23. A good time**
24. Little Shell
25. Black Tea
26. Welcome to. . .
27. A Day with Edge
28. Six Skeletons pt1
29. Six Skeletons pt2
30. Sunday Morning
31. Spiders & Anime
32. Agile the Spider
33. A surprised phone call
34. Brother, dear
35. As it Is.
36. Walls of Bones
37. lowercases
38. Under the rug
39. The Park
40. Red & Edge
41. Anger
42. Monster Alcohol
43. Songs for Shots
44. In These Words
45. Capture the Human
46. Interlude
47. Black and Mutt

22. Ambassador

6.1K 267 843
By ItsSwapPapyrus

Chapter Summary: You catch up with a few friends and head to work for the dinner party. Oo boy.
Chapter note:This is the Ending of Season 1:) hope you enjoy it uwu

"He doesn't seem to like me."

"Claude? He's like that to everyone, I sometimes wonder how he got the job being so straight faced." Hannah shook her head, glaring at the double doors before turning back to her. She tensed under her stars and sighed loudly when she turned again and walked off. Her hand gesturing her to follow.

Y/n bit her lip and complied. Listening to the criticism and pointers Hannah had given her yesterday night. Showing her how to stride in confidence and elegance she seemed to lack. Hannah would giggle at a little misstep and help her out quickly.

Sebastian has came to inspect your process. Clipboard in hand with the same silver pen. The slight curl of his lips made you nervous and tumble over. Unlike last time, Hannah plucked the tableware from your hands before falling face first on the floor. A small groan came from you as Sebastian chuckled and went on his night.

"Don't overthink everything." Hannah said, helping you back on your feet. "Ignore the reactions you get and keep walking by."

And you did just that. The looks you received were still unnerving but you sealed that down and forced yourself to keep going. Minor mishaps and more stumbling later, Hannah was circling you like a vulture and its prey. Eyes distant and calculating as she stood behind you.

What was she doing? Was there something wrong?

You flinched when she placed her hands on your shoulders, thumbs working in a circular motion on your shoulder plates. "Relax. People might think you hold yourself higher than them if you keep your shoulders square."

Pursing your lips, you slowly let your shoulders fall back to its relaxed state. Hannah hummed approvingly and rounded you, standing in front with her eyes looking up and down.

It's okay, it's okay. She's just analyzing you. You thought.

She sighed deeply and patted your shoulders. "This is going to be a long training, sweetie."

The night dragged on between training and working, Hannah's words tattooed in your mind about ignoring people's lingering stares and how you should relax. So when the end of your shift ended, you went back to your apartment and practiced.

The monster ambassador and their parents were the guests that rented out the restaurant for their birthday. You didn't keep up with politics but you knew that the kid was either turning double digits or going up. You pursed your lips and shook your cheeks. The mid-October weather had increased the heating in the apartment ever since a false broadcast about possible snow freaked your friend out earlier and she had made the place toasty—much to your dismay because you still haven't went to go buy thinner blankets. The one Red tore up was long gone and using a winter blanket wasn't ideal if the place was going to be a toaster oven.

Plus, it was getting way too cold to keep your window open during the night.

The familiar chime of your phone dragged you out of your thoughts. Walking across your room and unhooked your phone from its charger and switched it on.

A wide smile appeared on your lips as you leaned back and unlocked it via thumbprint.

[Thane]
My apologies for not keeping in touch these last few days. An ongoing investigation is keeping everyone occupied, I managed to spare a few minutes. I hope I am not disturbing you, Y/n.

You giggled like a school girl, covering your mouth as you rolled on your bed. A small squeal coming from you as you hastily sat up and sent him a message.

[XXX]
It's okay! I was busy all week, too. How's Kolyat?

[Thane]
He is staying with my parents until we solve this case. Thank you for asking, I appreciate it:)

Your phone pinged once again in your hands but you swiped the message upwards, keeping your attention on Thane from the lack of communication you, admittedly, missed. He was nice to talk to—even if he didn't see you more than a friend.

Your phone pinged once more deep into the conversation. Kolyat has thrown a tantrum because Thane wouldn't let him shoot a gun at a range so he had promised his son that he could on his birthday. Thane also updated you on current events happening in the city. The dusting of monsters decreased everyday and you couldn't help but tear up to that, a woman called the police to complain about a neighbourhood cat, and someone called to ask how much trouble they could be in if they injected a drug into their system—resulting to their arrest. He didn't say anything about the investigation as he said it was private and the client requested to leave their name and gender a secret.

By the time you said your goodnights, you completely forgot about the messages sent during the time talking to Thane and promptly passed out on the spot.

The next time you opened your eyes, it was nearing 3:30Pm. The sounds of rushing cars below and the cloudy sun peeking into your bedroom window was welcomed. The (unusual) amount of confidence you had the moment you woke up made you lay in bed to stare at the ceiling as if this was a foreign feeling.

You sighed as you pushed the covers off of you. "My body's last 'harrah!' Before it completely shuts down." You muttered, going to shower and change into today's clothes—which was thick black leggings, a white blouse and a creamy coloured sweater with a soft lavender ribbon around the neck.

Toasty and warm for the nipping chill of mid October.

Your friend sat on the couch with a large bag of chips in her lap, a bowl of popcorn sat besides a 2L drink of her choice, hair up in a messy, out of bed, bun.

She looked over and waved. "Hi." And returned to her program.

Rolling your eyes, you said a small hello and went back to your room to grab your phone, earphones and the beige coat in your closet. Slipping it on, you shoved your phone into your pocket and walked out of your room, down the hall and towards the door.

"wait, wait!" Your friend shouted, stumbling her way towards you with the loud crinkle of the chips bag being thrown on the couch. "Buy some orange and apple juice. We also ran out of lettuce, lemonade, spaghetti sauce and...." She turned her head to look at the kitchen, her eyes narrowed as if she could see through the wooden cabinets with her card in hand. "I don't know? Go buy cookies or something."

She patted your head and turned to march back into the living room, turning up the volume of the TV. Eyebrows slightly furrowed, you nodded slowly and pocketed the debit card and slipped on your shoes. Grabbing the red and black scarf that was handing on a hanger and grabbed your keys.

exiting the apartment complex, you inhaled deeply. The October smell made you exhale. The most favourite time of the year with Halloween around the corner— looking at your vehicle, you shoved your hands into your pocket and shrugged. Walking past the parking lot and down the hill.

It was a nice morning-er.. late afternoon, and it was just warm enough to walk to a café for coffee or tea. Muffet's shop was too far to walk but fortunately there were several other options in the area.

A few people kept glancing at you, whispering to one another before scurrying away. This made you frown and slow your pace. Was there something on your face? Were you being too lively?

Ignore the reactions you get and keep walking by. Hannah's words echoes softly, being carried by the wind and far away. You inhaled through your nose and balled your fist in confidence. Lightly shaking your head and continued to walk down the street. Today's a good day and there is nothing that'll stop you from making the most of it.

The café you entered was a small independent place with the owner's living on the top floors. Cute little designs on the wall in white, pink and oranges, tall stools by the window and small smooth booths further in. The lingering smell of coffee greeted you as you loosened the scarf around your neck and went to sit in one of the booths. Checking the beverages on a small menu and waited for the waiter or waitress.

You glanced around the place—it was small yet sturdy. What if you opened something similar to this place? Is that what you want to do?

Biting down on your bottom lip, you turned your head and stared out the window. The over-looming landscape that was Mount Ebott stood proudly with a faint moon in the back, barely peeking behind the mountain top with thin clouds littering the grey sky.

The small ring of the bell didn't catch your attention as the waiter came by your table—it was until someone stumbled upon your booth, pulling two people with them and shoved you over to make room.

Slightly dazed, your eyes widened at the two women and one male: Garrus and two unnamed faces.

"There you are! You've been ignoring my text messages!" Garrus grumbled, nudging you with his elbow. A knowing flint in his eye as he leaned comically close. "So, Thane, mhm?"

"No way," one of the females said, a noticeable Russian accent coming from her as her light blue eyes widened at you. "You can't be the girl Thane's been talking about."

"Your...messages?" You muttered, fighting back the blush and purposely ignoring the russian's words. The red-head next to her scoffed playfully, light freckles dotting her nose and expanding to her cheeks and forehead. A noticeable scar on her right cheek and Forest green eyes shining in the artificial light.

"Yes! I texted you last night to meet me here around 4. I wanted you to meet Jane Shepard," he gestured to the red-head then to the girl next to her. "And Tali. She's Russian as you can probably tell. Her full name is Tali'Zorah."

He turned to Shepard and Tali, the same large smile on his lips as he gestured to you. "This is Y/N L/n, she's shy."

"I'm not shy!" You said to your defence, blushing softly as Tali giggles and Jane laughed softly.

"It's nice to meet you. If Thane knew we were coming to meet you, he would have ditched the investigation room." Jane said, voice heavy with authority as you side-glanced Garrus with a curl of your lip. He bit his and turned away.

"Destined lovers being kept apart by... uh, something." Tali shook her head, jet black hair bouncing softly. "Nevermind me. It's nice to meet you, Y/n." She gasped, taking out her phone and gestured you close. You rose your eyebrow and saw that she had her camera on.

"I'm going to send this to Thane and show what he's missing!" She cackled, trading seats with Garrus and wrapped her arm around your neck and leaned her head against yours. She smiled brightly while you gave a small, genuine one with a piece sign thrown into the photo.

After snapping it, she giggled to herself and began to text-spam the detective.

"Wrex is going to get a kick out of this," Garrus said, saying his order to the waiter that came for you earlier. Tali gave him hers and so did Jane. When he left again, you looked at Garrus.

"Who?"

"Wrex, he's our supervisor in our department." Tali said, turning off her phone and shoved it into her pocket. "We're fighting to get Undyne and Papyrus on our department since we're the only ones who holds them as a equal."

"Tali." Garrus hissed. "Y/n isn't comfortable with monsters."

The two females looked at you with wide eyes, making you sink into the booth with a small frown. "That's not true." You said, avoiding their looks. "They're amazing—I actually met Papyrus and his family a few-more than few times, actually.." you trailed. "It's...still a lot to get used too."

Garrus nodded his head. "I see, that's good. I've been wondering when you were going to expand your shell." He reached over and ruffled your hair. You furrowed your eyebrows and swatted his hand away.

"Yeah... uhm, Garrus?" You called but paused when the waiter came back with your orders. Saying a soft thank you, you added your things and mixed it together. A soft sigh escaping your lips as you cupped the cup with your palms, enjoying the warmth that seeped into your hands.

"Yep?" Garrus looked up after mixing in his sugar.

you pursed your lips, rubbing the rim of the cup with your pointer finger. "I know this'll be out of the blue, but," you giggled at the unnecessary pun. "Do you know what happened three years ago at—"

Your phone began to ring. Frowning softly, you placed the cup on the table and apologized profusely at the three. Jane waved and told you it was okay while Tali told you to answer it with a sly smirk.

Garrus glanced at the two and shook his heat, taking a sip of his coffee.

Looking at the caller ID, you paused.

"Thane?" You muttered, furrowing your eyebrows and answered it. Unaware of the smirks thrown by Jane and Tali to one another while Garrus wiggled his eyebrows knowingly. The two females shared a soft laugh while Garrus continued to carefully sip his coffee.

"Y/n. Which café are you at?" Thane's voice have you chills. Like Garrus', it held the same (somewhat) dual-tone, the deepness causing little bumps to litter your skin as you shifted the phone to your other ear.

"What?" You laughed nervously. Noticing that he was beginning to loose his breathing. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. Please answer my question." He said, counting down from ten before the shuffling could be heard once again as he moved.

"Uh..." You looked around, unsure which on you entered. You saw tea and coffee, you entered. "I don't know? I just mindlessly entered it."

Thane laughed and your heart skipped a beat. "Alright. I'll ask Tali about the location....See you soon."

Just as you got off the line, your phone began to chime again. You pouted and apologized once more upon seeing the name texted on the screen. Sliding to answer, you pressed the device to your ear.

"Hannah?"

"Y/n! Thank goodness. I might need you to come in early—very early until your shift. We're still understaffed and we need the extra help. Lord Phantomhive is willing to pay extra hours if you get here by 6." Your eyes slowly trailed to the clock near the cash register. It was 4:20pm right now, if you left in half an hour then you'll make it by 6.

But then again the traffic might be bad since it'll be the time people went home from work. Chewing on your lip, you slowly nodded your head. "Traffic may be bad, so i'll come by soon."

"Thank you, I'll tell Lord Phantomhive and Sebastian. See you soon!" And she hung up.

When you placed your phone on your pocket, you were being stared at intensely but your three companions. Pursing your lips, you smiled nervously. "What?"

"Are you serious? It's like the universe doesn't want you to meet Thane—He'll be here soon." Tali said and looked down in the middle of her sentence. Her lips curling softly. "You'll still make it even if you hang back a bit."

"Do you know about.. uh.." Garrus trailed, rubbing the back of his neck. You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion, know about what?

"...about Kolyat?" You questioned.

"Yep, she does!" Jane smiled, clapping her hand. "You're not at all intimidated about the kid?" She asked, picking up her tea cup.

Your furrowed your eyebrows. "No...? I don't know Thane that much but it's obvious that he loves his son dearly.. it's admirable."

"Oh, good. I thought you'd be scared and run off. The amount of development you have, spirits." Garrus shook his head, running his fingers through his scalp and looked up through his fingers. Playfully narrowing his eyes. "What have you done to the feeble Y/n?"

"feeble?" You rose your eyebrow, lightly picking him shin as he pulled away, pretending that it hurt. You rolled your eyes at him and took the last sips of your beverage. You stared at the bottom of the cup blankly.

"For a skilled detective," Tali's voice said, making you look up. "You have a lousy sense of direction, Thane."

***********

Helping Hannah in the kitchen and the floor with whatever you can do made her more than grateful for your help. Smoothing out the table cloth, tuning the piano, steaming the glasses or stirring the soup. But the time the ambassador and their guests arrive, you were changed into a more fashionable attire. Rather than your usual uniform, you were given a black skirt that ended slightly above your knee, a matching black apron, a crimson coloured button up and a silky black ribbon.

Quickly changing from your today clothes, you placed the hanger in your locker and closed it shut with a click. Hannah's words still itched in your mind about how you held yourself.

It was okay to let yourself be presentable, she said somewhere between your training and working late last night. Smoothing out the skirt, you slipped on the shoes and walked out of the locker room. Inhaling through your nose and exhaling through the mouth as Hannah gestured you to follow her. She trailed behind Claude and Sebastian (as they were the main waiters) and opened the door to the entrance.

Already, there were two convertibles parked in front. One black and the other ruby red. Behind the two expensive vehicles was a van with tinted glass. The overhead cover helped keep the soft drizzle from falling on anyone as Sebastian went to open the van. Helping out a woman—a goat woman and another goat. Two children stumbled out, helping each other with soft smiles.

You instantly tensed.

The royal family. Okay, you knew little about politics, do you blame yourself? It's just old people debating amongst each other.

Frisk's gaze met your for a split second before the goat child besides them wrapped his arm around hers and followed after Queen Toriel and King Asgore. The staff parted for the royals to enter freely while the doorskeep took their coats—the blonde boy took the van to park it somewhere.

Only when the doors closed behind you made you realized that you had held your breath.

"Oh my spirits..." you whispered, placing a hand over your beating chest—it wasn't anxiety but the sheer intimation the Royal family held. Looking at the convertibles, their roofs were up to shield them from the drizzling rain. Claude went to the black one and opened the door. Taking a step back with his head lowered into a bow.

For a second, everything stopped as Edge took a step out. Followed by Red, Blue, and Stretch. They all wore expensive looking suits, each complimenting their (lack thereof) features. Edge looked sharp and clean, an aura that demanded respect and nobility. Light slightly higher than normal, his glare was fixated to nothing in particular and his scowl was noticeable—definitely demanding the attention and admiration. He practically oozed confidence.

Besides him, Red wore a white button up, black suspenders, loafers and navy dressed pants with his coat around his arm. A black and white fedora laid onto of his skull. Unlike Edge, he held a certain smug, looking like a true mobster that you'd see in those 1800's theme movies. With his natural look and the golden teeth, you felt yourself grow hot around your cheeks.

Quickly turning to the other two to avoid suspicions, Blue wore a light coat with a bone-printed blouse, matching pants as his coat and grey vest with the same coloured bow tie.

Stretch wore a simple black suit with a high waist band, a few buttons undone on his white shirt and grey loafers. His coat's sleeves were rolled up to his elbow, giving him that hot teacher vibes.

Your eyes widened at the thought, hiding yourself near the largest waiter and covered your mouth. Eyes on the floor as you shut your eyes tightly.

HoT tEaChEr ViBeS!

The black convertible was driven away with specific instructions from Edge. Geez, even by the stair case you can practically hear him as if he's standing next to you.

Peeking out from around the waiter, he moved slightly and looked at you weirdly. You smiled apologetically and looked back at the Skeletons—although you froze when Red's eye lights were staring straight back at you. His fedora hat covering one socket while the other blazed red.

His mouth widened into a snarky grin upon seeing you. You shook your head and crossed your arms into an 'ex' in which he laughed at—gaining the attention of the other three by his side.

"WHATS SO FUNNY, RED?" Blue asked, looking at his line of sight and furrowed his brow bone. Before he could had seen you, you crouched down to hide behind legs.

Red's rumbled laughter made you scowl. Ignoring the odd looks you were given by Meirin, Bardroy and the triplets that seem attached to Hannah in a way.

"Nothin' lets go." Red spoke, walking down the overheat shelter and up the staircase. Although, he side glanced at you and began to snicker once more. Stretch follows his line of sight and saw you—staring up at him in horror with your mouth opening like a fish.

He chuckled softly and followed after the others.

"Do you know them, Y/n?" Asked Meirin, the maroon haired girl helped you back on your feet as you brushed through your hair.

"Uh, only the skeletons. I've never met the King, Queen or their children before." You answered truthfully. Eyeing the red convertible. When Sebastian opened the door, he helped out a fish lady—you recognized her, it was Undyne!

A soft gasp came from you are her dress, frankly she seemed like the suit & tie type of girl but she was rocking the dress her had on. Watching her brush away Sebastian's outstretched hand and helped out another female. This one was smaller than she was by default. Cute curves and a yellow tail peeking out from behind.

"I'm surprised with all these royals that there is no guard dogs." Bardroy whispered amusingly to himself but everyone heard it.

"Uhm.. they're over there." Meirin spoke, gesturing to the literal pack of dogs clad in armour holding back the press with a securities.

"what the..." Bard muttered, the amusement gone from his tone was replaced by surprise. You giggled softly and examined the smaller monster's dress. Unlike Undyne's,(whose dress was a gradient of black fading into blues with rhinestones imbedded on the lower half) she wore a leg cut, showing up the laced up shoes that stopped up to her knee, off shoulder dress in the colour purple. She also wore accessories like earrings and a necklace in shades blue that... oddly looked like the shade of blue Undyne had for skin.

The last two who you guessed was Sans and Papyrus, had exited the vehicle, giving the keys of Sebastian to park away, and stood besides Undyne and the other monster.

You pursed your lips and looked down, feeling both Papyrus' and Sans' gaze on you.

Papyrus wore a simple white button up blouse with the first two buttons undone, a creamy coloured coat with a handkerchief tucked neatly in the pocket and black dressed pants with brown loafers.

Sans, holy goddesses, wore a creamy colour blouse with the sleeves neatly folded to his elbows, the first button undone with the collar flared slightly, a grey vest with a single rose clipped onto his chest, black pants with a visible belt and black loafers.

His smile widened at the blush over your cheeks and followed after Undyne and the unnamed Monster. He stopped in front of the other staff with Papyrus behind him, both of the two brothers looking up at you as your coworkers (other than the cooks) apartheid for the smaller skeleton to walked up, unclip the rose from his vest and handed it to you.

"A rose for a beautiful woman." He winked, shoving his hands into his pants pockets and walked inside. Papyrus smiled brightly and handed you his handkerchief.

"IM GLAD TO SEE YOU, Y/N." he said before following after Sans.

More guests arrive, the most brightest one had to be Mettaton and his ghostly cousin who sported a bowtie and a top hat. Mettaton was not, by all means, a minimalistic. He bedazzled the staff and you had to cover your eyes until he was out of view.

A few humans came with their parents, more monsters a like also arrived until the doors closed after every guest was accounted for.

When you reached the back, Hannah eyed the rose in your hand as you place it in a small vase with water.

"Oo~, whose the lucky guy or monster?" She teased, wrapping her arm around your arm as you lowered the bone-printed handkerchief near the vase. She mocked a gasp. "Two?!"

"Hannah!" You whispered, pressing your finger to your lips to shush her. She giggled and pulled your along.

"Let's go, Alois is starting off the night with a toast."

********

"I'd like to congratulate Ambassador Frisk on her birthday. Few years ago, we didn't know monsters existed until you broke the barrier put up by our ancestors. You freed a whole civilization that lived under our feet for many years without our knowledge..." Alois was a teenager going to his early twenties. A purple coat around his shoulders, a black vest with a creamy coloured blouse with green accents here and there. Besides him stood the heir to the Phantomhive name: Ciel.

"I've read in the old books that the Delta Rune was a myth of an angel that would come and set them free." In his hands was a champagne glass filled halfway, an arm tucked behind him as everyone, monsters and humans alike, stood in front of the small stage that held the classical instruments. "And you, Frisk, gave them that freedom they longed desired. Happy birthday and many more to come." He raised the glass to end his toast. Taking a sip of the champagne before following Ciel off the stage.

You stood by the sidelines. Lined together with Meirin and other waiters and waitresses ready to assist with the party.

It was strange, seeing your... friends... like this. Happily talking amongst each other while the band crew began to play their classical piece. It made you happy and quite prideful to see so much humans in one room with many other Monsters of different shapes and sizes—

looking at the corner of your eye, you slightly turned your head to stare at the smiling...glob? He stood tall, tar-like cloak over his shoulders and hiding his shoes as he leaned on the wall, overlooking the floor filled with guests conversing with one another.

"Excuse me," You said, moving from your station to walk towards the monster. A soft smile on your lips as he seemed too into the commotion on the floor. Meirin followed you with her eyes before tending to the snacks she was assigned too. Before she disappeared from the doors, she glanced back at you for the last time before the doors shut.

With your hands tucked behind your back, you stood next to the monster. Silently wondering why he wasn't with the others but in a lonely corner by himself.

"Amazing, isn't?" You said, leaning sideways in a soft whisper. The Monster's happy smile turned into a frown, confusion written over his face as he opened his mouth to speak but stopped himself. The hands hidden underneath his goopy cloak came out, balling slightly before he coughed.

You noticed at there were identical holes on each hand, both missing palms.

"............." he nodded his head. Returning to look at the floor but kept an eye socket trained on you. You eyes widened softly as you jumped back.

"You're a skeleton...?" He gestured your to the floor, silently telling you to be discreet. Furrowing your eyebrows slightly, you nodded your head and kept your eyes trained on the floor.

".....I am....." His voice was something you never heard of, It was squished together but held a certain distance to it. He seemed to struggle to form words as he didn't answer to you earlier—not that you minded. This was amazing either you say it or not.

".......you can........see mee.....?" He asked, turning to you, the crescent-moon like smile now replaced the confused frown.

"Why wouldn't I?" You asked, side-glancing him. He chuckled lowly, bringing his hand to his mouth.

".....n.....no reason....." He looked at you and you looked back. His sockets were different from what you've seen. One of them remained half open while the other stayed perfectly wide. Two cracks ran up and down from one of his socket and the edge of his mouth. Eerie but you shouldn't judge a monster by their appearance.

"How come you're in the corner instead of talking to the others?" You asked, chin-pointing at the other skeletons in the room. The male besides you chuckled, the same woshy tone came when he talked.

"......I.....like watching.....f...from.....the sidelines....."

You nodded curtly, a small hum coming from you as you kept your gaze at the floor littering with monsters and some of your coworkers. "I am Y/N. by the way." You said.

"...........W.D.....Gaster......"

The loud clapping washed out his name. Furrowing your eyebrows slightly as you went on your tiptoes to attempt to look over the commotion but to your dismay, a tall human stood in the way. Blowing a raspberry, you chuckled softly.

"I'm sorry, I didn't here you." You said. "What's your....Name?" When you turned to face the skeleton monster, he was no where in sight despite it being a lonesome corner. Your eyebrows shot upwards in surprise. A small 'oh.' Coming from your slightly parted lips as you felt the wall, checking to see if there was an escape door. There was none.

"Huh..." what was that about? Did they have the same magic as Stretch? It was kind of rude of them to leave in the middle of a conversation like that—but perhaps they were busy and had to leave abruptly?

"YOU!" A loud voice shouted besides you, making you jump with your heart beating. Stood in front of you was Edge, his coat no longer on but instead was a crimson coloured blouse and a black vest with flower imprints on the side and up his forearm. As usual, he wore black dressed pants with the matching belt and loafers. When your gaze met his, he looked almost...Smug? Prideful? Happy?

"Edg- Mr. Edge, how may I assist you?" You asked, biting down on his name without the formalities. You tensed lightly when he outstretched his palm—you noticed that he no longer wore the leather gloves— and you felt your throat tighten.

"I do not have any money, Mr. Edge." You said through the tightness. He grumbled softly and grabbed your hand.

"IF YOU CAN TELL, I DO NOT NEED MONEY FROM THE LIKES OF YOU. I Am Asking For A Dance, You Imbecile." He growled out the first sentence and softened it at the end, much like how he did on that dance dare you gave him.

You blinked softly. Eyebrows slowly knitting together in confusion. He was still calling you names, there was that, but why was he trying to...act nice to you?

He rolled his eyelights and yanked your forward. The music picked up as if on cue and he began to lead you. You stumbled over your two left feet but kept eye contact, much like how he instructed before.

"I-" the words died in your throat as you attempted to let his hand go but he held tighter, snaking his arm around your lower back and picked you up effortlessly into a spin before letting you back on your feet. Your eyes widened at this, unsure how to feel about everything as he handled you with upmost care.

"I have work to do, Mr. Edge!" You said through the music. Monsters and people parted for the two of you and you began to panic, you had to work! You can here to work no mingle with.. with the guests.

"Then I Will Inform Mr. Phantomhive That I Pulled You Away From Your Duties." He said, voice low and husky as his phalanges fiddled with the tie that held the apron around your waist. A small content hum came from Edge as he spun you around once more as the music began to pick up. You glanced to your side and sent a pleading look at Hannah, whom had a smile on her face, but Sebastian and Claude besides her had a deep frown. A light shake of his head and the music began to die down.

You quickly turned your attention on Edge. Anger slowly bubbling up—you didn't want this. No matter that he'll say to your boss you couldn't escape the reins that were the head Waiters.(and possibly Hannah.)

When the music stopped, Edge slowly began to stop along the music before it fully finished. He stared down at you and you mentally rolled your eyes—not so scary anymore, Edge! You thought with spite.

"Thank you for the dance, You Dunce." He spat, the corners of his sharp mouth peeking upwards into a sly smirk as he let you go, took a step back, bowed and left.

Clapping rose from the floor and you instantly flushed red, both from embarrassment and anger as you retreated to the back. Away from the crowd and music to help in the kitchen.

Hearing the clicks of heels following you, you sighed deeply as you loaded a tray filled with French macaroons for the kids.

Sebastian, Claude, And Hannah blocked the door way, their tall structure making you shrink back from the sheer height alone.

"Y/n." Surprisingly, it was Claude who spoke up first. "We did not hire you to fraternize the guests."

"I agree. We are here to serve them until the party is over. The King and Queen didn't come here to find one of our own mingling with their friends. What if word had gotten out about this?" Sebastian asked, pinching the bright of his nose.

Hannah, your saviour, scoffed loudly at the two. "You boys weren't paying attention. She was at her station by the wall when he had approached her and pulled her to the floor. She tried to leave twice but the guy looked persistent on having a dance with her." She shook her head. "Have you not read her figure? She wanted to work not 'fraternize' with the guests."

She gestured your over, pointing at the tray of macaroons, thin cupcakes sheets separating each ones as you lowered your head from the two heads and followed after Hannah.

"Don't pat any minds to Claude and Sebastian. They have sticks up their butts." She muttered that last part but you heard it loud and clear as she opened the door to the floor for you. Winking softly. "Leave your skeleton boys alone for tonight."

"T-t-They—!!" She closed the door on your face, giggling madly at the flustered expression over your face. You sighed loudly, glaring daggers at the door before looking for children to offer the colourful macaroons made by the head chef.

*********

After the dancing portion of the party, came the games. Various of games fit for the children you had offered macaroons too. They had talked about your dance with that skeleton man and told you that you were basically a princess to them—which you agreed to keep going and serve something else rather than slowly dying in embarrassment provided by children.

A deep chuckle caught you off guard, a honey hand taking a hold of the tray and caught the spilled macaroons with his red magic. Seeing this, you groaned.

"I'm working." You rather sharply. Red gently placed each treat on the tray, taking one from his floating magic and took a bit.

"I donno, ya seemed pretty content on dancin' with boss." Red said, tilting his fedora with a wide grin. "M'sure ya sitters can wait a few seconds." He grabbed a hold of your wrist, winking innocently before feeling the floor give out underneath you. Gasping for a split second before finding yourself on the rooftop of the restaurant, overlooking a portion of the city with the lights dancing the darkness.

"Reeddd.." you groaned, holding onto the tray. "take me back, it's cold and I might catch the flu or somethi—oof!" The tray was swiped from your hands and a large coat was thrown on your face, instantly shutting you up as Red lit a cigarette. Leaning on the dividers and looking below.

You frowned softly and slipped on the coat, no matter how large it was it still kept you warm. "Ookayy.. now take me inside."

He chuckled deeply, a soft growl emitting from his throaty chuckle. "Nah. I kinda like it up here, don't ya think?" He asked, turning around and leaning back.

"You look like a mobster like that." You deadpanned, looking around for an entrance into the building, only to find that it was locked and there was no way no one could hear you with the music playing in the background and the laughter of adults.

"Really? I never thought I did." He shrugged, the same smirk still ever so presented on his mouth.

"Oh, well, yeah. You do. Especially with the gold tooth and deep voice and that growl." You rolled your eyes, pointing each finger to show that you had a point.

"What, you mean," he growled. "This growl?" He did it again.

You pursed your lips, looking away to hide the blush that coloured your cheeks. Thank god for the dark sky!

"Anyways, sweetcheeks. I kidnapped ya to say that...you shouldn't talk to just anyone. Ya might not know where they have came from." He growled again, his smirk widening at the bashfulness you showed him. Butting out the cigarette, he picked up the tray, popped a macaroon in his mouth and handed his hand out for you to take.

"...do you mean you saw him too?" You asked. Maybe he knew a W.D someone.

"Not sure who yer talkin' 'bout, sweetheart." He growled.

You blushed and took his hand, furrowing your eyebrows as he chuckled. "Just take me back!"

*********

The game's were a hit. Most children had the chance to win a game of their favour and you couldn't help but grin and awe them whenever they looked towards their parents of guardians with a shine in their excited eyes.

instead of Macaroons, you were serving the adults wine and champagne. A bottle of wine and champagne remained unopened in a large basket around your arm along with a tray filled with the two beverages for the adults to take.

"Do you like being tossed around?" A familiar voice spoke up behind a wine glass. White eye light looking at the red liquid before looking up at your frozen self. An amused fling his his sockets and he chuckled. Waving his hand.

"Don't think too much of it, kid." Sans said, taking a sip of the wine. "...didja talk to Red?"

You huffed. Blowing the strand of hair from your face. "He kidnapped me, yeah."

He moved his attention to the floor to you, his gaze calculating and searching for something. He looked relieved when he didn't see what he was looking for. The strained smile relaxed as he nodded.

"Hey.." You probed softly. "Why are skeletons so calm?"

He tensed, looking at you for a second. The serious look over your features melted into a smile. "It's because nothing gets under their skin."

He chuckled, bringing the glass to his mouth. "The skeleton played a melodic solo riff on his shiny sax-a-bone." He punned back, making you grin as the worryingly dread left.

"I thought it was the trombones!"

He laughed harder. "I wanted to tell a skeleton pun, but I don't have the guts for it."

You rolled your eyes, not seeing the heated look you two got from three different skeletons as Sans walked by you, telling pun after pun about any topic that came up, while you served the drinks.

*********

"Y/n, Hey."

You froze at the voice. Silently cursing yourself for deciding to take a break now out of all times. The lonesome break you wanted was spoiled by Stretch who laid against the rails. His head lollied back as a small stream of tobacco smoke went in the air and drifted off.

It had been a few days since you had last held a conversation with Stretch. The weight of his actions still heavy on your mind as you slowly inched closer to him, keeping an eye on his palms. Out of all the Skeletons, you were cautious of Stretch the most. He had a mindset of 'do it now, think of it later' and that always sent you over the edge. Despite his laidback stance and light hearted, almost aloof, attitude, you definitely didn't want to be around him.

Even if he was the first to befriend you.

He exhaled loudly. "Y/n," he said carefully, lifting his skull to look at you. "I said I was sorry. I know my actions were overwhelming for you to handle at the time but.." he trailed. Clenching his jaw as he lowered his gaze. "I don't know. When Red talked about you the first time around, I thought it was a different person. Someone who didn't pun back at me or made me actually pay my tab. You.. have no idea what the situation we are in and—I know, that was selfish to say but they would've agreed with me if they heard." he looked at you. Taking a long drag from his cigarette and slowly blew out. Harsh chemicals slowly bleeding out of his nasal hole as he exhaled.

"What would you have one if your uniqueness was suddenly torn from under you? That you were just a copy of the original but with 'special' circumstances?" He asked, standing up but made no movements to advance towards you. Your eyebrows knitting together in confusion at his words.

Carefully, you thought about your answer. "I'd try to look for my... uniqueness from someone else."

"Exactly." He formed a finger gun and gestures to shoot. "Bullseye. I know you probably don't want anything to do with me anymore, but.. can I just say that.." he butted out and shoved his hands into his pockets. A soft glow flush on his cheekbones.

"You bought that uniqueness back." When you didn't say anything. He sighed and rubbed the back of his skull, avoiding your gaze. "That's all I wanted to say.. well that and i'm sorry, again. If I could take back those back I would."

He pushed himself off the wall and walked towards you. You kept your eyes on his until he disappeared from your peripheral vision. Chewing at the bottom of your lip, you closed your eyes and turned around.

"Stretch!" You shouted, making him stop but he didn't look over. Without thinking, you shouted the first thing that popped in your mind; "YOU'D MAKE A HOTASS TEACHER!"

*********

further away from the skeletons, your face was still flushed. The party was beginning to end and you still felt embarrassed on what you had shouted into the midnight. The soft glow of tangerine orange will forever be burned into your mind at the words you had screamed at Stretch before you could have stopped yourself.

First Edge, Red, Sans and then Stretch. You narrowed your eyes and examined the floor. People were beginning to be directed to the dining room to eat and then have dessert—then the final piece where the guests would listen to a pianist perform their piece.

And since you keep being thrown to one skeleton to the other, you somewhat suspected Papyrus or Blue to pop out of no where and drag you somewhere or make you do something embarrassing.

Not that you minded, of course not! Papyrus was a total sweetheart and- you still weren't so sure of Blueberry. Two days ago he kept glaring at you and only until at the end of the night were you informed that he simple was trying to figure out if you were the same person—which you were and why you were acting differently.

Whatever the hell that meant. You still haven't asked your brothers about that time three years ago on Halloween night. Blue said he was worried and scared at the same time, meaning that your brothers must've been involved in one way or another.

Pushing the double sided doors, you went straight to the kitchen, helping however you could with the preparations. Bardroy rapped your head with his spatula.

"Aren't you supposed to be out there?" He asked, letting the side he had tapped you with underneath the soapy water. You furrowed your eyebrows and wiped at your forehead, drying away the wet streak.

"Kinda, Yeah. But I'm avoiding two people right now."

"Sebastian and Claude are sure tailing you." He gestured with his chin over to the doorway. Lo and behold, the two waiters were standing there. Blocking out the exit for you with no saviour in sight. Bard shook his head. "If ya want a distraction, you can wash while I dry."

You pursed your lips. A soft hum coming from you as you nodded your head and stood next to Bardroy. Your hands dunking into the warm soapy water.

End Chapter Note: when I thought about the suits,, I low key pictured red as 'Sooner or Later you'll be mine' Comic dub and I meLTED GAHH
The end of Season 1

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 188 24
You were the assistant to Alphys, her co-worker tinkered on a very curious machine in the same department you worked at, incidentally that co-worker...
5.2K 211 38
You, a Witch, owned a potion shop in Ebott city where Monsters, Humans and supernatural beings lived in relative harmony. You had once had a chance e...
67.1K 1.1K 24
I'm fine... (No I'm not...) I'm okay.... (I'm not okay...) put on a smile no one will see you hurting... (I'm breaking inside....) it doesn't hurt...
64.1K 1.7K 11
You are locked below ground where nobody can find you. Chained to a wooden post in a dark, cold room. You are left with no memory and pain all over...