The Ebb & The Flow (Boy x Boy)

Galing kay PleasantMajority

A slice of life? A coming of age? This story follows two teens Wyatt, a seemingly mute boy. And River, your a... Higit pa

Chapter 1: The Flow
Chapter 2: The Ebb
Chapter 3: Head in the clouds
Chapter 4: Lover Boy
Chapter 5: 24/7/365
Chapter 6: Sweet Like Candy
Chapter 7: Orpheus
Chapter 8: If Only
Chapter 9: Barricades
Chapter 10: Sunny Side
Chapter 11: Teenage Blue
Chapter 12: Puchito
Chapter 13: Apollo
Chapter 14: Firsts For Everything
Chapter 15: The Shadows
Chapter 16: My Heart and My Car
Chapter 17: Warned You
Chapter 18: Lover
Chapter 19: I Love You So
Chapter 21: Sweet Marie
Chapter 22: Bad Girl
Chapter 23: One Last Time
Teasers: Only In The Dark
Q&A

Chapter 20: Unbothered

5 1 0
Galing kay PleasantMajority

A/N: We catch up with River literally the next day. Our boys got really close to their first adventure in the sheets last chapter. I honestly don't feel comfortably writing super steamy things between people so young. Sure i'm 21 at the time of writing this story. It still feels weird lol. Nonetheless I shall not disappoint in the sequel!

****************

River:

       I approached the Maddox residence, ringing the doorbell as I stood under the porch light of their home. I was waiting, honestly nervous about coming to have dinner with Wyatt and his family. Though who opened the door was a less familiar face. It was Wyatt's best friend Cruz. The man was like a living statue; expressing little to nothing externally. I couldn't help but gulp nervously as his dark brown eyes practically seared into me.

"Is that River?" I heard Wyatt's voice call from further inside the house.

"Yes puchito." Cruz said casually, not once breaking eye contact with me.

      He stepped aside to let me in. Though before we made our way to the dining room he caught me by the back of my jacket, roughly dragging me behind him into the garage after he closed the door. My heart was racing. Was he mad that I was dating Wyatt? I hoped I didn't screw up or something. He forced me up against the garage door, surprising me that such a compact man could be so strong.

"P-please don't hurt me." I pleaded, shutting my eyes tightly.

"You wouldn't happen to know what happened to puchito would you?" Cruz growled, having me afraid to meet his gaze as my body froze up.

"I-I-I-..." I stammered, being terrified of just what would be done to me in this moment. I knew so little about this man that I never wanted to push him.

"Do you?" He growled, slamming my back into the garage door roughly.

"Y-yes." I admitted as his grip on me loosed; his hands letting go of my jacket.

"Who is it? If you love him you'd tell me." He said, his tense tone telling me he wasn't afraid of roughing me up more. I loved Wyatt more than he knew. Cruz seemed to as well. I risked a glance, seeing a fire burning in his eyes, his jaw clenched as his fists balled at his sides.

"Mr. Green." I blurted, his eyes flickering with an understanding before a ghostly smile tugged onto his face. He reached up, dusting me off gently.

"Good boy. Thank you." Cruz said softly; almost teasingly.

      He turned to leave as I stood there frozen. Though before heading back into the house he looked over his shoulder at me.

"Break his heart and i'll break your face." He said, his tone icy despite the smile he shot me.

      I was shaken, and in shock to say the least. So much for making a good impression. And then it sunk in. I broke a promise I made to Wyatt just yesterday. All because I was scared. It was humiliating and had me muttering curses at myself in my head. I heaved a sigh, heading back inside and to the dining room where a full table awaited me. The spot beside Wyatt was empty and feeling as if I should walk on eggshells settled in as I looked to Cruz. He met my gaze, unbothered as I awkwardly sat beside Wyatt.

"So. What do you have to offer puchito? What are your aspirations." Cruz suddenly asked as dinner has started. Wyatt's family seemed to steer clear of Cruz in this moment; wearing looks of amusement.

"Cruz." Wyatt huffed, fixing the unflinching man with a firm stare.

"I-its okay Wyatt." I stammered, straightening my back. I didn't want him thinking he could walk all over me. I had enough of that at school.

"I'm going to community college for biology. And then transferring to another school for my other degree. I really like bio chemistry." I explained, proud of myself for not flinching under Cruz's icy stare.

"That's a smart way of going about it. Have you already applied for your financial aid and any loans you'll need?" Mr. Maddox asked after he wiped his mouth.

"Y-yeah. And I plan on working so my dad doesn't have to go into any debt over me." I explained. Me working in college wasn't something I had entirely figured out. I didn't know exactly where to go.

"It would be nice if they paid student athletes." Wyatt huffed, rolling his eyes as he took a sip of his water.

"Something will be figured out." Cruz said simply, leaning back in his chair.

"I have my entire first year abroad taken care of. Lucked up with a big scholarship." Sherri tacked on, playfully teasing Wyatt and I.

"College sounds like it sucks." Aaron pipped up.

     He wasn't wrong. In a lot of ways it did. But with the way jobs were set up your chances dropped without going. And those jobs weren't even a sure things when you were done.

"Kind of." Wyatt's father offered with an amused smirk.

      The three Maddox men favored one another looks wise but differed personality wise. Even though fathers could be intimidating Mr. Maddox seemed like a kind man overall. Wyatt had a very 'mothering' personality. Though despite being quiet he could be fiery. And Aaron seemed like a combination of both his older brother and his father.

"So do you have any siblings habichuela?" Cruz asked, seeming to have forgotten my name and instead turned his gaze on me. I didn't have any siblings. My mother died during childbirth and it took a lot to overcome that knowledge. And my father hadn't remarried yet. Though I was proud of him as of late going out on dates.

"My mom died when she had me so I don't have any brothers or sisters." I explained, feeling a little pained.

       I remember the day Wyatt and I talked about this very thing when he'd asked the same question. And just like that I felt a hand softly rest on my thigh; the gesture comforting.

"But my best friend Joshua is like a brother to me. We go way back." I tacked on, pulling on a smile.

 "I'm sorry to hear." Cruz offered.

      Accepting his apology we all finished eating. I ended up in the kitchen helping Wyatt clean up.

"I wash you put away?" He asked as he turned on the sink.

"Y-yeah." I agreed as we started the process of knocking out dishes.

      Though as we washed a nagging thought came to mind. When college started me and Wyatt wouldn't be together anymore. I'd be just 10 minutes outside of our hometown. While he would be well over 500 miles away. We'd finished up cleaning up the kitchen, finding our way outside and sitting on a swinging bench on the porch of his house. He knew Cruz got under my skin without me having to tell him. And I was thankful for that.

"So uhhh. What are we going to do when we're in college?" I asked as we slowly drifted back and forth. He looked up at me from where he sat cuddled into my chest. He looked a little surprised; almost as if he hadn't thought about that.

"I've got eyes for you. I'll be home for holidays and breaks all the time too." He explained, seeming confident.

       Honestly I was feeling a little inadequate right now. Wyatt was off to University of Washington on a full ride scholarship. He was an amazing athlete and scouts were still coming to the school for him according to Sherri. Braden and his gang were kind of right as much as I didn't like admitting it. He was way out of my league and it stung.

"Somethings on your mind. I know it." He said softly, pecking my lips to catch my attention.

"I just feel like you're too good for me sometimes." I sighed shakily as those twinkling eyes studied me intently and thoughtfully.

"I don't like having my ego stroked." He grinned.

"But I do legitimately like you River. I know its childish to think this way but there hasn't been another boy like you in my life." He smiled sweetly, pinching my cheeks.

"Here's what you're gonna do." He began, turning to face me.

"Huh?" I hummed, confused.

"You're going to finish up your core classes here. And maybe you could join me." He proposed.

"Y-yeah. I'd like that." I stammered.

"Plus Josh is going to my college too. So i'm sure he'll keep you in the loop." He tacked on, having done a brilliant job at reassuring me.

"Sorry." I apologized.

"Just owe me a date. I'll pick you up this time." He grinned.

"I-i'm free Saturday." I stuttered, feeling a blush creep up on my cheeks.

"Saturday it is. The fall fair is in town. Maybe some fun after." He replied, wiggling his eyebrows with a teasing grin on his lips.

"I-I'd like that." I stammered.

"Oh I know." He returned.

"What would you like?" He asked coyly, knowing what he was doing. I liked how he could be classy and sexual so well. Part of me wanted to ignore my old-fashioned ways and dive head first into his depths to drown. Needless to say he had me excited in more ways than one as I sat on that bench swing with him.

"Everything you're willing to do." I managed to say at last, earning a small chuckle from him.

"And you're my sweet beanstalk too." He crooned, nuzzling into my chest once more.

"Always." I assured him when the buzzing in my brain settled down.

       Suddenly my phone buzzed in my pocket, causing us to part while I answered it.

"Hey kid. Did you walk Marley tonight?" My dad asked, sounding as if he were at the station judging by his tone.

"Not yet." I replied, Wyatt nearly distracting me as he got up and stretched with a yawn.

"Make sure she gets her medicine too. Love you." My dad finished up.

"Love you too." I replied, hanging up as I stood beside Wyatt.

"Gotta go?" He asked, pulling his dainty necklace out of his shirt to fidget with it.

"Yeah." I sighed, not wanting to leave him.

"See you at school tomorrow?" He asked, drawing closer.

       Now I understood why people did fawn over him. Sure he wasn't your conventional jock athlete; being short and lithe in stature. But he was incredibly handsome and aesthetically perfect. He was kind yet could be snappy. He was confident yet modest about himself and his abilities. He could have very easily been a tyrant but he wasn't.

"You always go silent when you're thinking." He mused, pulling me from my fog.

"Y-yeah. I'll see you at school tomorrow." I stuttered sheepishly, having once again been caught in my head.

       He gently grasped the collar of my t-shirt, pulling me down to his height so he could plant a goodbye kiss on my lips that had me seeing stars. I wanted so much more of him. But with Cruz being around I wanted to be respectful. We parted, Wyatt shooting me a wink as he shooed me off. My head still swimming I nearly tripped down the steps of the porch.

"Be careful." Wyatt called after me, the amusement evident in his voice.

     I waved goodbye before quickly crossing the street and walking down to my house. Marley as expected was waiting for me near the door. I quickly sprinted upstairs, wanting to be free of my jeans at the very least. I stripped down to my boxers and a tank top before heading back downstairs to get Marley. We headed out to the backyard as I stepped out into the cool autumn air. Marley went about her business when I decided to call Joshua to essentially gush about Wyatt. He answered quickly, muttering something in Japanese under his breath.

"Did you screw him into a mattress yet?" He asked, reminding me of a certain hormonal monster from a lewd cartoon.

"No. I really want to though." I sighed blissfully, my imagination going wild.

"Uh oh. The gushing is coming." Joshua snickered over the phone.

"I was. But I was also thinking we could hang out after school tomorrow." I proposed.

"Yes! Absolutely yes. I need some space from these parents of mine." He chuckled.

       And like that plans were made. A lot of things sucked for me at the moment. But if I was smart I could create some good times too.

******************

A/N: Things are getting really close to ending. Maybe five or so more chapters give or take. I've thoroughly enjoyed sharing this story so far! And I hope you all have too! At this point I've picked from the four alternate endings of this book and landed on something neutral that would allow it to continue into a sequel! Of course i'll have my teaser bits in a special chapter for you all to peruse. Until next time!

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

1.5K 222 27
A story of two boys who wanted to stop existing but end up learning to live for each other.
1.9K 61 21
What happens when two young friends are forced into each others lives? This is the story of Joseph Fuller and Tyler Lhant. The two boys have known...
312 14 7
MATURE CONTENT This book is intended for 18 and older The boys' relationship is growing closer as their summer of freedom comes to an end. Real life...
4.6K 639 44
Wyatt and Mikey are young, fresh into their careers-and still have a lot to learn about themselves. They were fortunate enough to meet in a change en...