Beyond The Lamppost

By ineffable_narnia

Just A book of Narnia one shots!!! I hope you all enjoy these and I hope they can maybe help you to see Narni... More

He Missed his Father
I'll be
Four Extrodinary Kids from England
Like an Ocean
Write The Future
You Lowered Your Sword
You Don't Have to Face the World Alone
Together Forever
The Best Big Brother Ever
Because I Love You
All I Care About
Everything Was Right in the World
I Forgive You For Everything
I Will Always Forgive You
Always The Youngest
Goodbye is Not Forever
Just
Goodbye
I Can Only Imagine
Lost Without You - Part 1
Lost Without You - Part 2
Lost Without You - Part 3
Peter Would Want You to Have it
To Love At All is to be Vulnerable
The Best Gift I've Ever Recieved
The Best Christmas
The First Christmas in Narnia
Happy Birthday Ed
Too Good of a Big Brother
For Narnia and For Aslan
Brothers Forever
A Wild Imagination
Love and Sacrifice
Random Prompts Game
Random Prompts Game Part 2
That's What Friends Are For
Home
I Wouldn't Want it Any Other Way
Stay Gold
Random Prompts Game Part 3
Incredibly Grateful
Random Prompts Game Part 4
Now My Eyes Leak Acid Rain
How Rare and Beautiful it is to Even Exist
Random Prompts Game Part 5
Random Promps Game - Part 6
The Most Difficult Thing I've Ever had to do
Until His Dying Breath
Turned into Your Worst Fears
Longing For Love
Lucy Had Nothing
Random Prompts Game - Part 7
The World Hated Me First
Home
Random Prompts Game - Part 8
Random Prompts Part 10

I promise

770 20 18
By ineffable_narnia

(Peter and Edmund after The Battle of Beruna, when they arrive back at Aslans camp)

Susan looked sadly at her siblings once they arrived back at Aslans camp.

Peter had an arm around Edmunds shoulders and the other wrapped around his waist, he also hadn't taken his eyes off of him since they found him. Lucy looked over at Edmund a lot, and so did Susan.
Edmund just looked dazed and stared into space the whole time.

"We made it Ed." Susan said as they arrived outside their tents and stopped.
Edmund only nodded.

"Are you alright Edmund?" Lucy asked.
"I'm fine." Edmund said, getting out of Peters grip and slowly walking into his and Peters tent.
"I'll take care of him." Peter said as he made his way to their tent.
"We will come check on you two in a little while." Susan called after him and Peter nodded.

As Peter entered the tent he saw Edmund sitting in his hammock, taking a deep breath, eyes closed.

"You alright?" Peter asked.
"Been better." Edmund said.
Peter nodded.
"Lets get you out of your armor so you will be more comfortable." He said.
Edmund nodded as he stood up.

Once the two had gotten into more comfortable clothes Edmund sat in his hammock, looking much more relaxed.
Peter pulled up a chair and sat next to Edmunds hammock.

"What happened Ed?" Peter asked after a few moments of silence.
"Didn't you watch it happen?" Edmund asked.
"Well yes, but I told you to leave so you wouldn't get hurt, why didn't you?"
"I did." Edmund said. "But I came back..."
"Why?" Peter asked giving Edmund a questioning look.

Edmund sighed.
"When you told me to leave, Mr. Beaver dragged me off the battlefield. When we were a little ways off I turned around and saw Jadis turning Narnians to stone left and right. I just thought....this can't happen, she can't win! I know what she is capable of, and there is no way I'm letting the Narnians suffer like I did. So, I drew my sword and ran back into the battle. I went back and I fought, winning as a matter of fact. After I fought a little I saw The Witch. She was headed towards you with her wand. Your back was tuned, so I ran to fight her."

Peters eyes went wide. "She was headed for me?!"
Edmund nodded.

"She dodged my sword the first time. But the second time I decided to go for her wand rather than her directly. After all the wand was turning everyone to stone, and without it she would be much less powerful. So I broke her wand, and she did not like that. So, she stabbed me.
Everything after that is kind of fuzzy."

Peter stared at Edmund in absolute shock. "So, you fought Jadis to save me?"
He asked.
"Yeah." Edmund breathed.
Peters eyes filled with tears.
"Why would you do that?!"
"Because I love you Peter!" Edmund said with wide eyes.
"Your my brother and I would do anything for you."
"You risked your life to save mine, without hesitating in the slightest?"
"Of course Peter! I would die for you no question! As well as Susan and Lucy. I love you all so much and I want you to be safe and happy. I would do anything for you, and I mean that."

A tear slipped down Peters cheek as he listened to his brother.
"I love you so much Ed!" He said as he hugged his brother tightly.
Edmund gladly returned the hug.
"I'm so proud of you Edmund. You have grown so much."
"Thanks Pete." Edmund choked, tears filling his eyes.

The two finally pulled apart.
Peter looked Edmund in the eyes and smiled. "Thank you for what you did for me today Ed. Thank you so much!"
Peter said as he put a hand on his brothers shoulder.
"Your welcome Pete." Edmund said with a smile.

"But please don't do it again."
Edmund looked at the ground and sighed
"Promise me that you won't ever risk your life again!"
"Peter I can't do that." Edmund said looking up at his brother.
Peters eyes went wide. "What do you mean you can't do that?!"
"Peter, we are about to become Kings of Narnia. I am sure today was only the first of many battles we will fight in. I can't promise that I won't risk my life to save you, the girls, or the Narnians."

Peter sighed. "Alright." He breathed. "I see your point. But can you at least promise me this. Will you try to be careful?"
Edmund took a deep breath.
"I'll agree to that, if you agree to it as well."
Peter gave Edmund an unsure look.
"Peter, I cannot lose you, I would fall apart without my big brother!"

Tears filled Edmunds eyes as he said this. The thought of losing his brother was almost to much for him to handle. The tears began to fall as Edmund remembered what happened earlier, and how if he hadn't of fought Jadis he would have lost his brother.

Peters face fell as his brother began to cry, and he quickly wrapped his arms around him. Edmund buried his face into Peters chest.
"Okay Ed. I promise I will try to be careful."
"Really?" Edmund said as he sniffed.
"Yeah." Peter said.
"Do you promise?"
Edmund nodded as he wiped his tears away.
"Good." Peter said as he kissed the top of Edmunds head.

"Gosh you scared me today Ed." Peter said as the two pulled apart.
"I did?"
"Yeah!" Peter said.

"When I watched her stab you I was so angry. I just wanted to run over to you and help you, but first, I wanted her dead. So I fought her first. Then when we-we found you...."
Peter took a deep breath and closed his eyes as he recalled the painful memory.
"You were gasping for air and covered in blood. When Lucy gave you her cordial and you fell silent.....I've never been that scared in my entire life! I was so scared you wouldn't make it. I was just praying that you would open your eyes because if you didn't, I knew I would not be able to handle it. I need you Ed. I need you in my life, to make life worth living."

"You have me Peter." Edmund said as he quickly hugged his brother. "No matter what you will always have me. I'm here, I'm okay, I am alive."
Peter wiped his tears away as he hugged Edmund.
"I am so glad you are, cause I would be completely lost without you."
"I would be lost without you too Peter."
"I love you Ed."
"Love you too."

The two sat there embraced in each others arms for a few minutes.
But Edmund then quickly pulled away.

"I think I'm going to be sick!" He said quickly.
Peter jumped up and quickly gave his brother a bucket.
Edmund then threw up in the bucket,
Peter patted his back as he did, and told him it would be alright.
He then handed Edmund some water to wash his mouth with, and then emptied the bucket.

He came back and sat beside Edmund.
"Sorry." Edmund mumbled, looking at the ground.
"You have nothing to apologize for Ed. It's completely understandable for you to get sick."
Edmund nodded.

"How are you feeling."
Edmund shrugged. "Honestly?"
"Please."
"I feel nauseous, my abdomen hurts, and I feel rather weak."
Peter sighed. "Your looking pretty pale too."
Edmund nodded, looking rather dazed.

"Ed are you alright?"
Edmund slowly shook his head.
"What's wrong?" Peter asked getting concerned.
Edmund began breathing heavily.
"I - think - I'm - go - going - to-"
Edmund panted before his eyes closed and he fell against Peter.
Peter quickly caught his brother.

"Ed?" He said, gently shaking his brother.
Edmund didn't move, and Peter realized he must have passed out. He sighed as he laid Edmund down in his hammock, covering him with the blankets. He then kissed the top of his head and sat in the chair beside his hammock.

"Knock knock." Susan said with slight smile as she and Lucy entered the tent.
"Hey." Peter said turning to face his sisters.
"How's Edmund?" Lucy asked quickly, as she sat on Peters lap. Susan pulled up a chair and sat on the other side of Edmund.

"He just passed out." Peter said sadly.
Tears filled Lucy's eyes as she looked at Edmund and sighed.

"He's been through so much." Susan said as she took Edmunds hand.
"I know." Peter said sadly.
"I can't believe we almost lost him today." He said as tears filled his eyes.
"But we didn't." Susan said smiling slightly.

"Will he be alright?" Lucy asked as she looked at Edmund sadly.
Peter took a deep breath. "It's going to take some time. He will probably be pretty shaken up for a while and he will definitely be sore. But soon enough I think he will be just fine." Peter said smiling at his brother.

Lucy and Susan smiled as they looked at Edmund.

Just then Edmund coughed and slowly opened his eyes.

"Hey Ed." Peter said quickly.
"Lucy and I just came to see how you were doing." Susan said.
Edmund shrugged. "Okay I guess."

Lucy then (very carefully of course) climbed into the hammock beside Edmund and gently wrapped her arms around him.
Edmund smiled and kissed Lucy on the head, as he hugged her back.

"Thank you Lucy." Edmund said.
"For what?"
"For saving me with your cordial."
Lucy smiled at Edmund. "Your welcome Ed."

"But Peter saved you too, when he fought Jadis."
Edmund looked up at Peter.
"I know that must have been really hard and scary Peter. Thanks."
He said with a small smile.
"It was. But it was worth if for you."
Peter said with a smile and Edmund smiled back.

"Susan helped too!" Lucy said.
"How?" Edmund asked.
"It was nothing really, Ed."
"Su." Edmund said unimpressed.
Susan sighed.
"When we found you, one of The Witches dwarfs was coming up behind you with an axe. I shot him with an arrow. Then I ran to you and took your helmet off to help you breathe."

Edmund stared at Susan for a moment.
"Did you....shout my name?" He asked, sounding unsure."
"I did. Could you hear me?"
"Faintly. It sounded incredibly far away though, and like it was underwater."
Susan nodded.

"You all saved my life today. I wouldn't be alive right now if it weren't for all you guys.
So thank you all, so much." Edmund said as tears filled his eyes.
"I love all of you so much!"
"We love you too Ed." Peter said as he wrapped his arms around Edmunds shoulders.
"Yup." Susan said as she joined in the hug.
"And we always will."

A/N: Requested by my girl Narnia-Forever Love ya girly😘💘 Hope you like this!!!♥️♥️♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 4.5K 22
Emily isn't the same as before. She has lived 1300 years in a Narnia invaded by the Telmarines. Little does she know, that the boy she saved in the f...
3.7K 68 20
By hearing my title you think I'm some very special person in Narnia. Guess what...you're wrong. I'm just a girl nobody appreciates after what I did...
15.1K 260 15
Around a year after they have returned from Narnia Edmund falls ill and the doctors believe they cannot save them. A message from Aslan reaches the P...
181K 4.2K 18
The story of how an innocent walk to school can turn into the adventure of a lifetime. [set in prince capsian] [i do not own Narnia or any characte...