Why Him? (Draco Malfoy Story)

By Rey_Frost462

My name is Davina Lilith Potter, I'm Harry Potter's little sister. And as if learning about this new life wh... More

Intro
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
News! News! News!
Its up!

Eighteen

15.1K 256 192
By Rey_Frost462

Weekend! Some updates this weekend because I have a lot of free time. Anyways enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Umbridge was a cruel women. Though no one knew about me and Harry's link-- except Hermione, Ron, Ginny, Fred, George-- it was hard to hide the scar that Harry had and now I have because of that toad.

She's also changed the class completely into something she can control. We aren't even using bloody magic. She's even integrating the other professors in the school.

It was till one day everything sort of changed. She had called her forth and fifth years together in the same room where Lockheart had his dueling classes and there on the table was Umbridge standing.

"Good morning children."

"What is she up to?" Hermione asked.

"No idea but its not good." Ron replies.

"J know some of you believe that we should learn how to defend ourselves, by using magic." she looked around at everyone. "So this is your chance to show me that you can learn magic in the safest way possible."

"She's looney." I told my brother who was standing next to me.

"Mad is more like it." he replied.

"So let's get this started. We'll have Nigel, and.... Oscar come up." Both of them did. They did spells that only knock the other down. We clapp and so did Umbridge. Next was Cho and Pansy. Though slytherins weren't fair play, she did throw Chang to land on her back.

"Alright how about one more." she looked around and her eyes landed on both of us. "Potter."

Harry and I looked at each other. "Which of us ma'am?" harry ask.

"Both of you."

The entire student body began to erupt with chatter. I glance at my brother who looked at me the same way, something was up and we both knew it.

"Come on."

Harry and I walked to stand faceing each other with Umbridge standing in the middle.

"Now this is the last demonstration. Everyone but one small minor injury but let's keep it peaceful." she smiled and place a hand on each of our shoulders. "Now lets get started."

Harry and I look at each other but something felt off. We bowed then walked over to our respective side. Half way my head was spinning and felt something else taking over my body. I watch as I then around and look at my brother suddenly filled with so much hate. I also notice Harry was glaring at me and some students notice it.

Then thats when it happened. I suddenly threw a spell which harry blocked and then threw at me. I didnt stop it in time so I was flew back and landed on ny side. Anger started to fill me up even more. But I was no longer control of my actions. I tried to stop myself even scream but something else took hold.

"Now childeren."

"Ripta soprina!" I shoutes throwing the spell at my brother.

He flew back as I felt proud and smiled.

"Barry, Davina, stop." Hermione said.

Harry ignored her and threw another spell, I blcoked but I didnt hear the other he had thrown. It sent me flying back and all I could remember was hitting something hard and eveything turn black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry

I shook my head and fell to the ground gasping.

What just happened?

I looked around and everyone was stun. Davina! I got up and saw her on the geound motionless.

"Davina!" I shouted running over to her. I slid on my knees and picked her up. "No. No. No. Davina wake up!"

She didn't. I look around for a pulse and felt a low faded one. I heard students clammering and footsteps running.

"Harry we have to get her to the hospital." Ron said.

"And this children is why we don't use spells." I glared at Umbridge as she turned around and walk out of the room. But I was able to see the satisfied smile that grew on her face.

"Barry." Hermoine whispered.

I look back and pick up my sister. The link! Hermione, Ron, Ginny, Fred, George, Neville, and I raced to the hospital wing.

"Madame Promfrey you have to help!" I told her once we were inside.

"Oh dear. Bring her over here." I carried her to a bed on the right in the back.

Madame Profrey drew the curtian around as we waitied.

"She's gonna be alright." Ginny said.

"Harry what happened?" Hermione asked.

"I don't know." I was taking deep breaths and pacing. "One second I was looking at my sister the next I was on the ground and seeing like that on the floor."

"You two look like you were ready to kill each other." Neville spoke.

"Do you remember anything?" Ron ask.

Before I could answer Dumbledore and McGongangall with Snape by their side walk in.

"What happened?"

I didnt want to talk so I let Hermiome and the other tell them. And again we didnt tell the whole stort how Umbridge might be involved. Either way we didn't want anymore trouble with her. It was just simple we both blank out and can't remember anything.

"Do you remeber anything of the event, Harry?" Mcgonagall ask.

"I don't remember anything, it like something else took over me."

Dumbledore didn't even look at me as he said a few things then went to check on my sister. Madame Promfrey said she was wale but the professors were going to talk to her.

"Harry are you alright?" Hermione ask.

"Fine, why?"

"The link Harry." she said in a way that made my head snap to look at her. "You didn't feel anything from her inpact?"

I thought about it and realized I hadn't. Usually I did. I would feel Davina and Davina would feel me. The professors left and I quickly rushed to my sister.

"Davina." I grabbed her hand.

"Harry." she said tired.

"I'm so sorry I don't know what happened."

"I know." she gave me a small smile. "We weren't ourselves Harry. Something was controlling us."

"How do you know?"

"Because I'd never hurt you and you never hurt me. I saw you and i could tell it wasn't you. You don't need to feel guilty Harry."

Everyone then came in and talk to her. I was given permission to stay with my sister for the night. Madame Pomfrey said she was going to be fine in the morning. I had sat in a chair to stay beside her bed and we talk till we both fell asleep.

Umbridge was up to this. Something wasn't right with that witch. She didnt usheres anyone to get to my aister and walked out. Hermione has been telling me that some students beileves us and figured something was wrong because we weren't ourselves. Some think we had it coming and it was satisfying until I nearly killed my sister. They think it was an act. Seamus beileved that.

I didn't even went to dinner, some students came in and visited her. I stayed outside the hopsital wing so they can have some space. But when night fell came I stay here with Davina, not leaving her side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Davina

I woke up and still my head felt like it was floating but then I came back to normal. I found Harry asleep on the chair beside my bed. I reach over and shook him awake.

"Harry."

He shot up and looked around. His eyes fell on me and he relax a bit.

"Are you alright?"

"Geah, just bad dream." He pinched his nose as I grab his glasses and handed them to him. "Yhanks."

"Harry go get some sleep in your room. I'll be fine."

"I'm not leaving you."

"Harry I'll be fine." I told him.

"I'll be back." He said placing a kiss on top of my head.

"Get something to eat Harry." I told him as he walked out. He smiled and then left. I was still tired so I laid back down and fell back to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Class was boring. Not to mention everyone's been asking how I was. I just told them I was fine. Some even said Harry should've gotten expelled but Snape had evidence that there was a certain poition Harry and I had taken that made us lose our minds to nearly kill each other.

Hermione said that we were both calling out spell neither of us could've known so someone had control over us. It was a set up and now the whole school was buzzing about it. Even Seamus was easying up on Harry a bit, but not quite. Umbridge has been going around examining each of the professor. Beacuse she needed to see if Hogwarts was still "living up to the ministry's standards." Even came in on Snape and humilated him in front of evreyone according to Harry. I was walking out of charms class when I headed up to my usual spot and sat by the window looking out.

"Sorry if I'm barging in." I glance back and saw Simon walking in.

"No not at all." J said moving so Simon can sit in front of me.

"How are you feeling?"

"Fine." J said looking at him then back at my journal.

"Really, Davina. Everyone was worried. Some of us have signed a petition to get your brother some sort of punish--"

"Harry would never hurt me on purpose." I told him looking up. "If you want an explanation, well then. One second we were normal the next I woke up in a hospital bed. Harry barely remembers what happened and I'm still trying to keep myself sane but telling you lot that hes innocent. All i could remember was the feeling, and i don't even know half the spells Hermione has told me about that Harry and I said."

"I'm sorry it's just..." He couldn't finish the sentence.

"It's just that all could've been a stunt right? I meant for myself to get knock out and nearly killed. Really mature of you, Simon, suddenly wanting to talk to me after that. Who knew that's all I had to make you hate my brother more than anyone else to get you to finally talk to me. Go to hell." I grab my things and didn't say anything else.

I walk past him and headed to the greathall. That's when I notice everyone going outside to the front courtyard. I followed and saw Filch carrying suitcase and Professor Trelawney was crying.

"Ginny what's going on?" I ask her.

"Apparently Umbridge fired her. Told her to leave the school grounds."

"That woman." I muttered under my breathe.

Everyone was outside as Umbridge walked out all proud and peppy. I notice Harry was acroos from us at the courtyard.

Umbridge was now standing in front of Professor Trelawney.

"Sixteen years, I have lived and taught. Hogwarts is my home. You can't do this." Trelawney said.

Umbrdige smiled and held up a folded paper that she had in her hand. "Actually I can."

That's when Ginny and i notice Professor McGonagall rushing over and hugging her friend who was sobbing.

"Something you like to say dear?"

"Oh there are several things I would like to say."

"Something tells me." I whispered to Ginny, noticing no one else is paying attention to us. "That Umbridge might have an idea what happened to me and Harry that day of her demonstration."

"You're not wrong. Hermione has been all over that but Umbridge is clean as a whistle. Not mention no one has the slightest idea how you two acted the way you were."

We heard the giant doors opening up and out came Professor Dumbledore.

"Professor McGongangall might I ask you to escort Sybil back inside."

"Sevil dear."

"Oh thank you." Professor Trelawney said grabbing Dumbledore's hand as he kissed it and then the two women went inside.

"Dumbledore might I remind you... that under the decree of of eduction number 23, as inacted by the minster--"

"You have the right to dimiss my teachers. You don't not, however, have the right to banish them from the school grounds. That is still the headmasters power."

"For now." Umbridge said smiling at him.

Dumbledore turned around and headed back inside.

"Dont you all have class to attend!" Dumbledore shouted. We began getting inside and scattering. Ginny and I walked around, finally getting to class when I notice Alice and Simon weren't sitting next to each other. Ginny quickly made her way to Alice, leaving me the empty seat with Simon. I took a deep breath and sat beside him not wanting to make a fuss about it and get this class over with. I notice Simon trying to look at me before looking away and getting back to work. Merlin kill me now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ginny and I were making our way to hogsmeade where Hermione said we were going to meet up with people who were insterted in leanring how to defend ourselves. Ginny and I were the first to arrive. Harry got here first with Hermione and Ron.

"Harry." I went over and emrbaced him.

"How are you feeling?" Harry asked. We haven't seen each other in a few days since I got out of the hospital.

"Better." I said smiling. "Though Alice says not alot of people are conviced we were both under some sort of influence the day we attack each other."

"He's finally talking to you?" Harry ask as we sat down. And I knew he was referring to Simon.

"Not exactly. Just came and talk to me about homework, and ask how I was doing. I left before he could anything else that could make me have the urge to kill him."

He smiled a bit. "Glad to see you're still the same."

"Honeslty Harry." I look down at my hands. "I've been trying to figure out what part of the link we still have."

"So have I." Harry said. "Nothing. I burned my hand during potions."

"I trip and nearly fell on my face."

"I can't say we're completly untethered." Harry continued in a low voice. "But it may look like it."

"Can I have the pleasure of cursing Umbrdige?"

"No."

"I know, I was only joking."

"I know."

We watch as everyone started coming in, at least those who I assume were insterted. Hermione, Ron, and Harry were sitting in the front facing everyone. I was in the side looking back and forth.

"Um... hi." Hermione said standing up. "So you all know why we're here. We need a teacher, a proper teacher, one who had real experince against the dark arts."

"Why?" One of the students spoke up.

"Why? Because you-know-who is back you toss ball."

"He says."

"So Dumbledore says, because he says. The point is where's the proof?"

"What about nearly killing your own sister?"

"He didn't nearly kill me." I spoke making everyone turn to me. "If anyone knew us truly you'd know that Harry and I would never kill eachother. Humilate yes." I look at my brother, who smiled a bit. "But we're the only family we've got." I look back at everyone. "I would glady give my life to save my brother, and he would do the same."

"Then Potter could tell us more about how Diggory got killed." another student spoke.

"I'm not going to talk about Cedric, so if that's why you're here you might as well clear out." My brother said standing up. "Come on they're only here to see if I'm sort of freak." He whispered to Hermione.

"Is it true you can produce a patronus charm?" Luna Lovegood ask.

"Yes." Hermione spoke up. "I've seen it."

"Blimey Harry, I didn't know you can do that." Dean said.

"And he killed a balisk, with a sword in Dumbeldore office." Neville jump in.

"It's true." Ginny chimed in.

"Third year he fought about hundred dementors at once." Ron also jump in.

"Last year he really did fight you know who in the flesh."

"Wait." Harry spoke. "Look it all sounds great when you say it like that.... The truth is most of that was just luck. I didn't know what I was doing half the time, I nearly always had help."

"He's just being modeste."

"No Hermione, I'm not." Harry said looking at her. "Facing this stuff in real life is not like school. In school you can make a mistake and try again tomorrow. In real life when you're seconds away from being murder or watching a friend die.... You don't know what that's like."

"You're right Harry we don't that's why we need you're help. Because if we gonna have any chance of beating.... Voldemort."

"He's really back?" Nigel asked.

Harry nodded.

I stood up and walk over to stand beside my brother. Hermione got up and grabbed a piece of parchment as Ron, Hermion, and Harry wrote there names first. Everyone then began to write their name down, I waited with Harry after Ginny and wrote our names. That's when I notice Simon and Alice. I stayed quiet as Simon walk over.

"Davina." I glanced at him. "I'm really sorry I didn't beileve you."

"It's okay Simon." I said giving him a small smile.

He smiled back at me then walked outside with Dean, Seamus, and few other Gryfindors and ravenclaw.

After everyone signed their names, Ginny, the twins, Ron, Neville, Hermione, Harry, and I were all walking back to hogwarts.

"First we need to find a place to practice where Umbridge won't find out."

"The shrieking shack?" Ginny suggested.

"No that's too small."

"The forbidden forest?" Hermione chimed in.

"Not bloody likely." Ron said.

"Harry what happens if Umbrdige does find out?"

"We might get in really big trouble." I told ehr.

"Who cares." hermione said happily. "I mean it's sort of exciting isn't it? Breaking the rules."

"Who are you and what have you done to our Hermione Granger."

"Anyway at least we know one postive thing that came out today." she said ignoring Ron's comment.

"What's that?" my brother ask.

"Cho couldn't take her eyes off you couldn't she?" Hermione said going forward.

I glance at ginny who had a sad look on her face for a moment then look at me. I gave her a reassuring smile as we were entering the school.

"Right, over the next few days we each come up with a possible places we could practice. Wherever it is we've got to make sure she can't find us. Deal?"

"Deal." we all said.

We each spilt up and got back into the real world.

"This is exciting isn't it?" J ask Ginny.

"Yeah." she siad.

"Ginny."

"What?" she look at me.

"We both know what." I told her. "Honeslty, I might hex my brother for being so foolish and stupid."

"I don't know..." she look at me and then gave up. "It's fine."

"No it's not. I should know." I look down at my feet before looking up as we went upstairs.

"Still haven't heard from him?" I knew she was talking about the person I had been writing to. Who I completely stop writing to all together in the beginning of the school year.

"Not since I blew him off after he called my brother a wrenched name. He heard what happened and I never want to write to him again. Not to mention that he believes strongly that he is lying about Voldemort along with Dumbledore. Beside the things around us aren't adding up but the ministry's sort of blind to see it."

"Still, doesn't mean you had something for him."

"Never even met him Ginny. I mean I have, but he never revealed himself. I figured it was just best to leave it."

"Is that why you're not wearing the necklace anymore."

"Probably. I mean I did lose it. Don't have the engery to find it anymore."

"Come on." Ginny said. "I know some places we can look for you know what."

"Let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

We went around the castle trying to find places. Honesltly there so many places in the entire castle. Ginny and I tried differnet places but none where Umbridge couldn't find easily.

It's been now three days, and we were still looking. Nigel, Ginny, Simon, Alce and I were now all back on the same page. Nigel was sweet and was the first to beileve Harry and join the D.A. what's also werid was that umbridge had started her our group with he minions which were obviously to keep an eye on everyone and they were mostly filled with Slytherins.

"Well, well." we-- Ginny, Simon, Nigel, ALice, and I-- froze in our tracks to be block by Draco, Blaise, Goyle, Crabbe, and two other slytherin girls, Pansy and Dalphne. "What do we have here?"

"Move Malfoy." I said stepping forward.

"I'm a prefect." Draco said also stepping forward. Another sad thing that happened. "And besides you four look like your up to something. Breaking the rules again like your brother Potter? You know I could easily take away points from your house"

"That's enough." Simon said coming up between Malfoy nad me. "Let us through."

"Look here." Pansy said. "Simon trying to protect his girlfriend."

"We're not--"

"What's going on here?" We all turned and saw my brother, Ron, and Hermione.

"Oh look big Potter has come to save the day for little Potter." Crabbe said making everyone laugh.

Harry stood in front of Draco. Ron and Hermione move the rest of us to a differnet corridor and I stood there beside my brother.

"Oh what exactly you two are going to do?" Draco threaten.

Harry step forward but I grabb his arm adn step in front of him. Draco just look at me as I held out my hand. Draco look confused and some of his friends snicked and laugh.

"Scared?" I dare.

"Not even close." Draco look at me for a second then he grab it. Thank god Mr. Buchanan taught me a few things. I twisted his arm as he gasp and then let him go by shoving him back. He look at me with disbelief and total shock.

"Shall we go Harry?" I asked looking athim.

Harry smiled and followed me. When we went to join the others everyone cheered and clapped for me. I smiled as Ron and Simon both threw their arms around me.

"That was bloody brillant." Ron said.

"Thanks." I said blushing a bit. "No doubt I'll be in trouble but that was worth it.

"Guys!" Neville said coming up to us. "I think I found it."

We all followed to an empty wall.

"Umm... Neville?" Ginny asked.

Before anyone else could say anything the door appeared and opened. Harry and I look at each other in disbeilef. We walked in and the door shrunk and closed behind us. The secret room was fill with mirrors and was just amazing.

"What is this place?" Ron asked.

"Neville you found it!" Hermione siad.

"Found what?"

"The room of requiment." Hermione answered. She went on how it was hidden and no one knew where it was. Basically it would only been seen to the stuents needs it more than anything and that it could transform to what we need it to be. Our practice room.

"Neville you're a genius!"

I embraced Neville, so did Ginny, Hermione, and Alice. The guys congraulated him and patted him on his back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ah! I didnt like writing this part. But show must go on and I had to continue and push through. I had a writer block when I wrote this. So sorry if it sucks.

So let me clear up. Harry and Davinas are still link together just not in same it was. I'll explain that later. Davina is no longer writing to Malfoy.

That's it. Anyways hope you enjoyed it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 136 7
Okey so this is not the best story you will ever read but give me creds for trying! A Draco Malfoy fanfiction! Lucius is abusing Draco just because h...
1K 3 75
*** I HAVE REWRITTEN THIS STORY BECAUSE I DIDN'T FEEL COMFIDENT WITH HOW THE LAST ONE TURNED OUT *** Iris Lily Potter was the younger twin sister of...
36 0 10
I didn't want to be the daughter of Voldemort, but that is not something you can just ask to change. I never actually knew him, at least that's what...
297K 8K 63
Anna Green's life was going just fine before he came along. Her friendship with the golden trio and Ginny Weasley was family-like. She loved having f...