skinny love | barry allen

By concupiscentz

(n.) when two people love each other, but are too shy to admit it, yet they show it anyway. More

intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67

13

6.9K 183 69
By concupiscentz

"Barry?" His name slipped out of my mouth quickly, as I stared at nothing, hearing slight static on the end of the line.

"Barry, what happened out there?" Dr. Wells asked right after me, but all we got was silence.

Cisco leans his palms against the desk, "Are you guys okay?"

"I think so." Barry's voice came in, making my heart beat slow down to normal in relief.

"Oh, God- the nuclear explosion." Caitlin said, "There's no telling how much radiation we were exposed to."

"Wait, wait, wait, this can't be." Cisco's eyes scan the screen, "The Geiger counter in the suit it's reading less than one millirad."

Barry replies, just as confused as everyone else, "But- that's normal."

I looked from the screen and between Cisco and Dr. Wells, "There's no radiation."

"Let's go." Barry said to Caitlin, a moment of silence a few moments after the said that.

"Did it work?" I asked, "Did you separate them?"

"I don't know." Barry replied, but to our relief he replies, "We're coming home, all of us."

-

"Ronnie Raymond." Cisco was smiling widely when Professor Stein, Ronnie, Caitlin and Barry came out of the elevator.

"Cisco." Ronnie hugged him, smiling just as widely.

"I missed you so much, man." Cisco pulled away, then turned sincere, "I shouldn't have locked you in there."

"Hey- don't." Ronnie told him, then looked at me, giving me a sweet smile, greeting me, "Zee."

"Ronnie." I returned the smile, my arms crossed, "I'm happy you're back to yourself."

Dr. Wells wheels over to us, joining the happiness, "Welcome back, Mr. Raymond."

"Dr. Wells." Ronnie looked down at him, shaking his hand, "Caitlin told me what happened to you- I'm so sorry."

"I'm responsible for putting myself in this chair." Dr. Wells exhales deeply, "You are responsible for my still being alive- thank you."

"You said you'd bring him back, and you did." Caitlin was at Ronnie's side, and there was a light in her eyes that I hadn't seen before, "Thank you."

Dr. Wells smiled at her, "You're welcome."

"Excuse me?" Professor Stein cut through the fun, "Are we all planning to sing Kumbaya next?"

Dr. Wells' eyes land on him, "Professor Stein, I presume."

"Harrison Wells." Professor Stein took notice of him, "Do you have somewhere I can freshen up and get a change of clothes?"

"Of course." Cisco lead him through the hall as we all followed, "Right this way, Professor."

-

I paced around my room, Friends blasting from my laptop that rested on my best, my phone positioned up against something as I was recording myself, to look back on how idiotic what I had just done was.

I held a pair of scissors in my hand, my once longish medium length hair now a little longer than shoulder length.

I stopped in front of my mirror, staring at what appearance I was presenting. I was dressed in one of Barry's old oversized sweatshirts that was in my closet, with a pair of plaid pajama pants.

My hair was in two tight pony tails, chopped off wherever the hair tie ended, dried tears on my cheeks.

"Zee?" Barry's voice filled my ears, when I realize I had called him over here and told him to come right in, the front door shutting behind him, "Sorry I'm late- I dropped Professor Stein off."

I dropped the scissors, and ran over to the door, where he began opening the door but I immediately stopped him, "Don't come in my room!"

"What happened- are you okay?" Barry pushes back, "Why can't I come in?"

"Never mind, you can go home now!" I pushed harder, "Please don't come in my room!"

Then, suddenly Barry wasn't pushing back anymore, and my face was in contact with his chest when he had phased into the room, my hands on either side of him as I was previously pushing the door before.

I slowly looked up at him, not moving, and that's when Barry notices my hair.

"Oh my God." Barry's eyes almost popped out of their sockets, "You chopped your hair off?"

I cover my face and spun around, taking a few steps away, referring to how he phased in, "I totally forgot you can do that!"

Barry walks over to me and pulled my wrist away, revealing my face, looking around the room, "You're rewatching Friends for the hundredth time and you were crying? What happened?"

"Mason Bridge happened- again." I inhale sharply, looking up at the ceiling, "I don't think anyone's resented me more than that guy does."

Concern crosses Barry's features, "If he's becoming a problem, I'll-"

"No- no!" I wiped my dry tears away, "It's okay- I can handle it, it's just- I got really upset and decided to cut all my hair off, god- I sound like one of those teens that have mental breakdowns at three am and dye their hair."

"So, you took a trip down memory lane- except you decided to cut it off and not dye it?" His joke makes me hit his arm, as he faces me towards the mirror, also where my phone was position, pulling the hair ties from my hair, "Actually, I like it a lot."

I mess with my hair a bit, "You do?"

"Yeah- I love it." Barry looks at me through the mirror, "You- need to get it evened out, though. I can take you now if you want?"

"Please." I gave him a innocent smile, completely grateful of him, "That would be-"

I immediately froze and stopped talking when I heard the Friends theme song start to play, Barry looking down at me, sharing the same look on his face.

In unison, the both of us clap our hands to the song, before breaking out into weird dances, knowing the camera was on us.

I laugh, grabbing my jacket and my phone, ending the recording, "Okay, come on, let's go-"

Barry pauses the show and turns off my light as we walked out of my room, "That video has the best ending-"

-

"Hey- I left you both like- three messages." Joe said when he saw Barry and I walked into his Lab the next day where he stood behind the computer.

I was dressed in medium wash mom jeans, a loose pastel yellow t shirt on that was loosely tucked into my jeans, white sneakers on my feet, and a black leather jacket.

I ran my hand through my straightened hair, feeling completely different due to how quickly my hair ended as I ran my hand through it, as it was now shoulder length.

"Yeah, I know-" Barry inhales sharply, "I'm sorry."

Joe looks between us, "About the lack of communication, or that new hole out in the badlands?"

Barry almost laughed, "Uh, we're all fine, thanks."

Joe points at me, "New hair?"

I nod once, "Yes."

"You look good, it suits you." Joe kisses my head, making me smile as he looks between us, "I wasn't calling about the explosion."

My eyebrows furrowed, "Well- what did you call us about?"

Joe grabbed his coat, "I have to show you something."

-

Joe opened the door to the home Barry grew up in, as Barry and I walked inside, "Smaller than I remember."

I leaned against the pillar and watched him, feeling complete sympathy for him, the look on my face showing that.

"Yeah- it's because you're bigger." Joe closed the door behind him, "Have you been in here? I mean, recently."

"No." Barry looked around, "I haven't been in this house since that night."

"This mirror- you remember it?" Joe lead us over to where a mirror was set up to some sort of device.

"Yeah- It belonged to my grandma." Barry stared at it, confused, "How is it still here?"

"Just be glad it is." Joe nods towards us, "Look- I don't fully know how Cisco did it, but-"

"Did what?" I asked, just as confused as Barry, "Joe, what are we doing here?"

Then, Joe presses a few buttons and suddenly, a hologram of what happened the night Barry's mother was murder was among us.

I stepped closer, my eyes widening as they fell on Nora Allen, two sparks of lightning around her, "Holy crap."

A whisper came from next to me, "Mom."

As if out of habit, I grabbed Barry's hand in comfort, squeezing it, as he held my hand back equally as tight, neither of us looking away from Nora.

"You can definitely see two very fast people fighting around your mother." Joe points out, "Two speedsters."

"You see that? The blood?" Joe asked, pointing towards the red splatter on the wall, "Cisco and I had the DNA tested- It's yours."

"No, it's not- that's impossible." Barry shook his head, his voice quiet, "I wasn't even downstairs yet."

"No, Barry, not that you- this you." Joe said, looking at us, "Cisco had the samples analyzed and the proteins in the blood were that of an adult, not a child."

My eyebrows furrow, "But that means- the second speedster, the one trying to stop the man in yellow- trying to stop the Reverse Flash-"

"Is the Flash." Barry's eyes were slight wide, "That's me."

-

Dr. Wells held paper in his hands as he, Joe, Barry, Cisco and I were gathered in the Med Lab together, "Time travel."

"If last five months have proven anything, it's that anything can exist, but," I trail off quietly, crossing my arms, "-to actually travel through time?"

Dr. Wells placed the paper on his lap, "Well, the greatest minds in human history put their collective genius towards solving that puzzle."

"So- is it possible?" Joe asked.

"Yes, it's possible, but- problematic." Dr. Wells began using his hands as he spoke, "Assuming you could create the conditions necessary to take that journey well, that journey would then befraught with potential pitfalls. The Novikov principle of self-consistency, for example."

Joe sets his coat down, "Wait, the what, now?"

"Yeah, I need the English translation to that one." I nodded in agreement with Joe.

Barry looks between Joe and I, "If you travel back in time to change something, then you end up being the causal factor of that event."

Cisco points his pen at Joe, "Like Terminator."

"Or is time plastic?" Dr. Wells spoke up, "Is it mutable whereby any changes to the continuum could create an alternate timeline."

Cisco points at Joe again, "Back To The Future."

"I haven't seen this." I threw my head back, leaning it against Cisco's shoulder as he simply chuckled at me, "But, I understood that."

"Oh- saw that one too." Joe points back at him.

"Doc Brown." Dr. Wells impersonates, "Tremendous picture."

"Right." Joe nods, "So- what's the answer?"

Dr. Wells stares at him, "I might be a clever guy, Joe, but if you're asking me to give you a working theory on how to travel through time, I'm afraid- I just can't do that."

Cisco looks between us, "There is someone else you can talk to about this.

-

Mason Bridge's voice filled my ears as a danish suddenly was in my sight on a small plate, "Danish?"

All day today, he hadn't said a word to me, and now suddenly he was bringing me a danish?

I looked up at him, previously staring at the blueprints in front of me, now staring at him in silence, a sarcastic expression on my face.

"New hair." Mason takes notice of it, pressing, "It looks good- it suits you well."

"Why do you have a blueprint of the Star Labs Particle Accelerator?" I began my part in conversation by questioning him, "Do you actually know anything about physics?"

"Not a thing." He leaned against the desk, looking at me, "Might as well be in Dothraki."

"What more is there with the Star Labs story?" I crossed my arms and looked at him, "The only new piece of information is the fact that Harrison Wells admitted that he was warned of a potential disaster."

"Yeah." Mason's eyes squint, "Why do you think he did that?"

I placed my hands on my hips, "Because- he's a good person?"

Mason replies in the same tone I had, "Is he?"

"Yes- he is." I was defensive, "He saved my best friend's life- he was struck by lightning that night and Dr. Wells and his team kept him alive."

And, he was helping do good in this city.

"So?" Mason shrugged, "Your friend wouldn't have needed saving if Wells hadn't zapped him in the first place."

"Mason." I stared at him, "It was an accident."

Mason pressed, "What if it wasn't?"

"Why are you making it seem like it was intentional?" I questioned, "You think Harrison Wells wanted the Particle Accelerator to explode?"

Mason simply nods as I scoffed, "Why would he do that?"

"I don't know what goes on inside that building." Mason held the danish in front of me, "But- I think you know some people who do."

I took the plate, looking from it, to him, "So- you think I would investigate my friends because you got me a danish?"

Mason innocently smiled at me, "I think that you'll do it because you really want to know what goes on inside that building."

My phone buzzes in my pocket, as I pulled it out, noticing the text from Barry.

"I have to go." I grabbed my jacket and handed him back the plate, "By the way- I hate fruit flavored danishes."

I sweetly smiled at him, him playfully scoffing at me, as I walked away.

-

"Barry, Zee." Clarissa greets us as she opened the door, Barry and I standing on her porch.

Barry clears his throat, "Mrs. Stein, I'm sorry to bother you here, but is Professor Stein here right now?"

"Well, after a year apart, I'm not letting him out of my sight." Clarissa comments, then looks between us, "Star Labs did quite a few tests on Martin, didn't they and they said he was fine?"

"Yeah." Barry nods slowly, "Why, is something wrong?"

Clarissa slightly shrugged, "He just seems a little different, is all."

My eyebrows furrow in confusion, "Different how?"

"He's been asking for pizza." Clarissa exhales deeply, "Martin despises pizza."

"Is that the delivery man?" Professor Stein joins Clarissa at the door, "Oh, Ms. Young- Mr. Allen."

I softly smiled, "Hello, Professor."

"I suppose it's too much to hope you moonlight as a pizza boy." Professor Stein trials off and looks at Barry, "I am famished."

I looked at Barry, trying my best to hold back a laugh.

"Okay- yeah." Barry looked taken back but ran off anyway, returning back with a box of pizza.

"Oh, bravo!" Professor Stein took it and walked into his home, "Please, come in."

Barry and I walk in as Professor Stein ravenously grabbed a slice of pizza and took a bite of it, "What can I do for you?"

Barry presses his palms together, "I- I needed to talk to you about a paper that you wrote 25 years ago for the Oxford University Press."

"I've written many papers for that publication." He said, "Could you be more specific about the subject matter?"

"Time travel." I blurt out, the pizza in his hand falling and dropping back into the box.

Then, he had left the pizza and brought us into his office, revealing the chalked boards under the streets, "These are just a few of the random thoughts I've had on the subject."

I looked around at the many boards, "This is a few?"

"See, I believe that space-time is a free-flowing highway that intersects the physical world." Professor Stein began, "We live in in the moments between the on and off ramps. Theoretically, to travel through time, one merely needs to find a way onto the highway."

"So- what I'm getting from this is that it's actually to travel into the future?" I asked, leaning against the seat Barry sat in.

Professor Stein nods, "Undoubtedly."

"What about the past?" Barry spoke up, his eyes glued to him.

"Yes, my own personal choice would be the Chicago World's Fair, 1893. I- I think Nikola Tesla and I would have some wonderful arguments." Professor Stein gestures to Barry and I, "What about you, would you be interested in taking a trip into history?"

"I think that I already have." Barry inhales sharply and stutters, "Professor, um- we recently discovered some evidence that I was there that night, and not just as a kid, but as an adult."

"That must be a side effect of your incredible speed." Professor Stein thought out loud, "In some future date, you actually move so fast that the resulting kinetic energy buildup smashes a hole in the space-time continuum!"

When I look down at Barry, I notice the look on his face, as does Professor Stein, "You seem disappointed by the prospect."

"I mean, if I do somehow make it back there to that night, then it means that I didn't save her." Barry looks up, and I could see the small tears in his eyes, "My destiny is to fail."

I don't reply to this and neither does Professor Stein.

I simply just wrap my arms around him and lean my head against his head in comfort.

-

"Are you okay?" I placed a hand on Barry's arm as him and I stood in the hallway of Professor Stein's home after our conversation with him.

Barry nods but barely, recovering from what he had learned but I could see it still hurt him, "I'm okay."

Then, glass shattering filled our ears, making us both rush over to Professor Stein, Clarissa rushing over to him as well, a glass shattered on the ground that he dropped.

My eyes were wide with concern, "Professor?"

"Martin?" Clarissa calls out, holding him up,
"What's wrong?"

"I don't know, I- I feel terrified." Professor Stein held onto the counter, "My- my heart is racing."

"But, you're fine." I was confused, then my eyes went wide with realization, "Wait, what if you're feeling what Ronnie's feeling? What if he's the one in trouble?"

"Ms. Young is right-" Professor Stein stammers, "I think- I think Ronald is in trouble."

Barry's eyebrows furrow, "How could you know that?"

I looked at him, "Their connection."

"Jitters- he needs help." Professor Stein stammers, "Go!"

-

"You need to hurry, Barry's wounds are starting to heal with the fragments still under his skin." Dr. Wells wheeled over to us where Barry laid in the medical bed, all of us surround him.

"I still think it was incredibly stupid making me help you pull these out." I pulled one of the hundreds of needles out with tongs, Barry grunting loudly, making me slightly flinch.

"You're doing fine." Caitlin said, removing another as her and I both put them into the container Cisco held.

"This is just like that time I stepped on a sea urchin." Cisco recalled, then noticed the look on Barry's face, "Only much worse."

Barry groans as I pulled another needle out, "Just don't pee on me."

Cisco looks at him, lUh, you know that's a myth, right?"

"I'm so stupid." Caitlin sighed, "Jason Rush, the grad student who was helping Professor Stein with his Firestorm research, he said that the Army took all of Professor Stein's material when he disappeared- I should have known it was General Eiling."

"Not your fault." Dr. Wells assured her, "He still thinks you hold the keys to the ultimate human weapon both of you."

"Okay, let's just finish this." Barry groaned, "I gotta get to Stein's house."

I nod, "Eiling's gonna be after him too."

"Stein's fine." Ronnie spoke up, looking up.

Cisco speaks as him and I look up at him, "How do you know?

"He's right there." Ronnie points out to Professor Stein, who stood at the frame of the hall.

Professor Stein exhales deeply, "I don't think Mr. Raymond and I are as distinctive as we had hoped."

-

Professor Stein looks up at us all as he sat next to Ronnie during the brain scan, "I'm still inside Ronald."

Cisco looked like he was about to laugh, "There has to be a better way to phrase that."

I couldn't help but burst out into laughter, covering my mouth immediately, seeing the smiles on Barry and Cisco's faces.

"Beta, Alpha, Theta, Delta all your brain waves are perfectly in sync." Caitlin's finger gliding against the monitor, "The chances of that happening are next to impossible."

Barry remarks. "Impossible's just another Tuesday for us, remember?"

Cisco crosses his arms, "Yeah, but this is like some Twilight Zone level stuff, and I say that knowing full well that we have a guy locked up in our basement who can turn himself into poison gas."

"Oh- so that's where he went." I pointed at him, "I wrote about him."

Ronnie looks between Cisco and I, "Wait, really?"

"Dude, that was, like, week three." Cisco said, his voice high as he says this.

Professor Stein got up, "Look, if this Eiling is as dangerous as you say, then I need to warn Clarissa."

"I promise, I can get Clarissa out of the city in time, but we need you to stay here." Barry spoke up quickly and stopped him, "Professor, I need you to trust us."

"Very well." Professor Stein quietly said, then leaving the room with Cisco and Caitlin.

"Hey." Barry looked at Ronnie, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah-" Ronnie clears his throat and pulled the device off his head, "Yeah, it's just not the Star Labs I knew."

My voice was soft, "Ronnie, this isn't the world that you knew."

Ronnie sighs, "Tell me about it."

-

"All right, here we are." Barry opens the door of the West Household as I gestured for Ronnie and Caitlin to come on inside.

"I'm sure- that you guys can stay down in Iris' old room." I press my palms toward as they walked in, "It's kind of small, but-"

Barry then notices Joe, "Hey."

Joe held a beer and looks between us all, "We have guests."

"Yeah, we do-" Barry holds his palms together, "I hope that's okay."

Joe shrugs, "Mi casa."

"This is Ronnie." Caitlin introduces.

"Nice to meet you." Joe shook his hand, then realized who he was, "Ronnie, the-"

"Dead fiancé." Ronnie finished his sentence, shaking his hand, being completely cool about this.

"Right." Joe offered, "Beer?"

Ronnie took it and smiled, "Thanks."

"Dad? Barry?" Iris walks into the house, holding a paper bag, "Is Zee here? She promised she would help me tonight with dinner-"

Caitlin was just as caught off guard as all of us, "Iris, hi-"

"Hi." Iris slowly walked over to us.

Joe stares at her, "What are you doing here?"

"Uh, it's Tuesday." Iris reminded us, "Zee and I were gonna make dinner, remember?"

"Yep." Barry grabbed the bag, "Here, I'll help you."

"I knew you'd forget." Iris placed her hands in her back pockets, "Well, there's plenty for everyone. Caitlin, what brings you by?"

"There's a gas leak in my apartment, so Barry said that we could stay here." Caitlin made something up as Barry set the bag on the dinner table and came back over to us.

"Oh, that's sweet of him." Iris smiles then looks at Ronnie, "And, uh, who's this?"

Caitlin stutters, "This is, uh-"

Barry blurts out quickly, "Her cousin!"

"Sam." Caitlin also blurts out after him.

Joe also jabbered out a word, "Visiting."

"From Coast City." I finished the sentence that took the four of us to come up with.

Iris looks at us suspiciously, then at Ronnie, "You look really familiar, Sam."

"Yeah, I- I have one of those faces." Ronnie awkwardly said, "So- what's for dinner?"

-

"Oh, hey- hey!" Mason chased after me as I made my way through CCPN, looking through papers then next day.

I kept walking, my eyes glued to the paper I was reading, "You know, last week you would've done anything to keep away from me but now you won't leave me alone?"

"You said you knew some of the leftover scientists at the Star Lab." Mason jumped in front of me and stopped me, ignoring my comment, "What about a Caitlin Snow, M.D. You know her?"

I sigh and looked up at him, "Yeah, I know her, why?"

"There was an incident at a local coffee shop." Mason handed me a photo of Ronnie and Caitlin having coffee before they were attacked by General Eiling, "She was there."

"That's Jitters." I looked from the photo and to him, "Is this supposed to mean anything to me?"

"Witnesses swear they saw soldiers shooting the place up, so I contacted the Army's media relations division and asked, "Are soldiers permitted to operate like that on U. S. soil?" You know what they told me?" Mason told me, "Hooah."

"That's weird, Caitlin didn't mention anything the last time I saw her." I lied, shrugging lightly.

"Really?" Mason's eyes scanned my face, "When and where was that?"

"I'm sure there's an explanation for all of this, all right?" I shrug again and walked away from him, to my desk and shoving the photo in my cabinet, closing it.

Then, I went onto my blog and deleted the post I had on Firestorm to make sure Mason didn't find it.

-

"He didn't hurt you?" Barry asked Dr. Wells as we were informed that General Eiling had taken Professor Stein.

"Barry, I told you only my pride is hurt." Dr. Wells repeated himself, "Unfortunately, I'm not in the position to take on armed soldiers."

I cross my arms, "Where do you think Eiling took Professor Stein?"

Dr. Wells shrugs, "I imagine some off-the-books military research facility."

Barry looks between us, "We have to get him back."

Dr. Wells stops him, "Easy- Eiling has already demonstrated he has the weaponry to disable The Flash, or worse."

"Well, we can't let him turn Stein into a weapon." Caitlin reasons, crossing her arms as well.

Ronnie speaks up, "How do we find him?"

Then, all our attention fell on him, as we were all thinking the same thing, as he notices this, "What?"

-

"No abnormal brain activity." Caitlin checked the monitors as we had Ronnie hooked up to many wires, "All vitals steady."

Barry was seated next to Wells, "You really think Ronnie can somehow feel where they're keeping Stein?"

Cisco placed a hand on his hip, "Ronnie got dizzy when the soldiers grabbed Stein, and Stein developed Ronnie's obsession with pizza."

Ronnie laid there, "I don't feel anything right now."

Caitlin puts a hand on his shoulder, "Just keep trying."

Ronnie reasons, "Whatever this is, it doesn't have an on and off switch."

"It's possible it's just some kind of residual connection." Dr. Wells said, "A temporary link to your time together."

"Wait- I feel something." Ronnie suddenly sat up, "I'm- I'm cold."

Then, he grips onto the sides, threw his head back, tensing up and letting out a pained scream.

I gasped, covering my mouth with both hands, taking a step closer, Barry jumping to his feet, as Caitlin and Cisco ran to Ronnie's aid, "You're okay, man, we got you."

I asked, my eyes glued to Ronnie, "What's happening to him?"

"Nothing's happening to him." Dr. Wells wheels closer, "It's happening to Stein, and Ronnie is feeling his pain. I was wrong- the connection's not temporary. It's only getting stronger."

"Just try and hold on." Caitlin told Ronnie, but I could see the fear in her eyes.

"Water- water." Ronnie strained out as Cisco handed him a glass of water.

He tossed the water onto the ground and broke the glass, catching us all off guard, Cisco stepping back quickly, another gasp leaving my lips.

He took a shard and began craving letters into his arm, breathing heavily in pain.

Caitlin immediately shouts, "Ronnie, no!"

"Wait, Cait-" I realize what Ronnie's doing.

Caitlin looks at me and shouts again, "He's cutting himself!"

"We know." Barry was at my side, "Let him."

Caitlin stares at him after a few seconds of Ronnie craving the word "where" into his arm, "Anything?"

"Nothing- nothing, just- just cold." Ronnie stutters, "Like a metal surface- pressure on and on and off."

"Tap, tap." Ronnie said out loud, "Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap, tap, tap."

"Morse code." Cisco grabbed a clipboard and wrote it down, "I got this-"

"Same thing again." Ronnie repeated himself.

"27." Cisco looked up, "What does it mean?"

I blurt out, "Army bases they sometimes go by numbers, like Area 51."

Cisco types away on the computer, "Facility 27, about 300 miles away. It was shut down in 1961."

Barry nods, "Well, that's where they're keeping Stein."

Cisco points, "Bet you that's where they're keeping aliens too."

Ronnie tears the wires away and got up, "I'm coming with you."

Caitlin stops him, "No, you're not- you can't."

"I'm connected to Stein." Ronnie inhales sharply, "I have to go."

"But- did you ever stop to think why your connection to him is growing stronger by the minute?" Caitlin asked, "Maybe you're being drawn back together- maybe your proximity will cause you to re-merge into one."

"What happens to me if he gets killed?" Ronnie asked, "Cait, Zee was right- the world is different now."

"Look, I- I thought we can get away, start a new life, a normal life, together. But- there is no normal life for us." Ronnie said, "You will always risk your life to try and help people, and I will always be the guy that runs into that pipeline for you."

"The quantum splicer." Cisco hands Ronnie the device, "It was used to separate you once- maybe it could be of use to keep you you."

"Thanks." Ronnie takes it, "Okay, let's go."

"Wait-" Caitlin grabs Ronnie and kisses him, slowly pulling away, "Come back- all three of you."

I placed my hand over my heart, "God- they're my favorite couple."

"Let's go." Barry nods, as him and Ronnie ran out of the room.

-

We had won. Ronnie and Stein had merged back together and beat General Eiling while Barry ran as much as he could, practically destroying his suit due to the device Eiling had for him.

"I think it looks worse than it is." Barry looked at me after they had gotten back, noticing the concerned look on my face when he showed me his wound.

I sigh as he pulled his shirt down, Caitlin walking over to Ronnie, "Ronnie or Stein?"

"It's me, Cait." Ronnie softly smiled at her, "It's both of us- somehow."

Dr. Wells joined us with Cisco, "Acceptance is a powerful thing."

I looked between them, "Powerful enough to reverse it?"

"We could try." Ronnie said, then stood in the center of the cortex as we all backed away.

Fire surrounded them, as we all braced ourselves for some sort of explosion. Instead, they had separated with ease.

I clapped my hands once, "That was honestly the coolest thing I have ever encountered."

Professor Stein softly laughed, "I think we're getting the hang of this quite nicely."

Caitlin hugged Ronnie tightly, before pulling away, "It's okay- I understand, you have to go."

Ronnie looks at her, "How'd you know?"

Caitlin looked like she could cry but smiled anyway, "I'm connected to you too."

authors note:

they're so cute.

also random barry gif cause I couldn't find a good one but this one works

like how is barry with linda rn if there's zee, wtf

vote and comment loadsss

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 2.7K 46
Book of the Is It Love? series, and This Is Love. Be sure to read those two before this one, otherwise it won't make sense. ?
28.4K 585 22
"𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓷𝓰𝓽𝓱, 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓪 𝓵𝓲𝓪𝓫𝓲𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂."~Barry Allen, The Flash There is no smut!!!
669K 13.1K 157
[unedited/discontinued] I thought the unimaginable only existed in fairy tales, and stupid redundant television shows. I never knew how wrong I was.
5.9K 276 24
Disclaimer: I don't own the show or pics or music.