When it Rains | Daniel Riccia...

Av kisses1808

Alexia Parks finds herself torn between her familiar boyfriend of the past few years and a new employee of th... Mer

Chapter 1 - He's coming!
Chapter 2 - An introduction
Chapter 3 - Girl's Night
Chapter 4 - First Race Weekend
Chapter 5 - Wondering Eyes
Chapter 6 - Catch up
Chapter 7 - Group Date
Chapter 8 - Smiling Through It
Chapter 9 - Dirty.Ugly.
Chapter 10 - China?
Chapter 11 - Anticipation
Chapter 12 - Instigations
Chapter 13 - Always a Victim
Chapter 14 - Little Comforts
Chapter 15 - Brotherly Love
Chapter 16 - Sorry For Living
Chapter 17 - Longing
Chapter 18 - Instant Regret
Chapter 19 - Salty
Chapter 20 - Wine Time
Chapter 21 - Sight Seeing
Chapter 22 - Sun Things Never Change
Chapter 23 - The Rain in Spain
Chapter 24 - The Rain in Spain Pt 2
Chapter 25 - The Rain in Spain Pt 3
Chapter 26 - Take it in
Chapter 27 - Summer Break Begins
Chapter 28 - Cassandra
Chapter 30 - Disclosure
Chapter 31 - A Date?
Chapter 32 - A trip to the Market
Chapter 33 - Red, Red Wine
Chapter 34 - Sparks Fly
Chapter 35 - Begin Again
Chapter 36 - None Of Your Business
Chapter 37 - Reassurance
Chapter 38 - A Day Out
Chapter 39 - Something Brewing
Chapter 40 - Bubble Bubble
Chapter 41 - Toil & Trouble

Chapter 29 - Sickly Sweet

2.7K 44 0
Av kisses1808

ALEXIA POV

As much as I hate to admit it, I knew I had acted like a spoiled brat when I stormed off, the fact that Daniel had come after me had definitely come as a surprise, a good surprise, but I honestly didn't think he would leave the whole group to see if I was okay. 

When he hugged me everything, all my doubts about this trip had instantly melted away. It had been so long since we had been this close so I secretly savoured the way his arms felt around me and how his cologne overwhelmed my senses. It was as if the clouds had finally cleared from a storm and had made way for the sun to shine through.

Not a word was uttered as we scoffed down, well at least I was scoffing, the food. I didn't realize how hungry I was until the plate had landed in front of me. I looked up and Jamie was frowning at me. "What, I just realised I haven't eaten since last night?" feigning hurt as I brought another loaded fork back to my mouth.

"I didn't say a word, princess." He continued to play innocent... Hearing that fucking nickname again had sent me back to silence. I didn't reply, with a disingenuous smile I silently tried to keep the freshly healed wounds from ripping open again. 

This evening was not about to become a 'pity-the-poor-beaten-broken-puppy' I had become, I closed my eyes and when I opened them Danny was looking at me, asking if I was okay without saying a word - he knew what had happened.

It scared me. 

The way he knew me so well, how he paid attention to the social cues that could slightly trigger me and knew how to comfort me without belittling me. 

To him my feelings were justified and I think what scared me the most was that it felt so good, his acceptance like a drug I was instantly hooked on and couldn't see a future without. I felt my heart stretch with a new capacity of admiration for this man who had stumbled into my life and choked on the fact that he might not feel the same way, that I might never get to tell him what he's truly done for me in this short time... or show him.

Damn, what I would do to kiss him right now.

I looked away again, trying to hide the blush I'm sure had crept up on my face just thinking about being close to him and also to save myself from the imminent rejection, thickly laced in the air.

"So what do you do Alexa?" Cassandra muttered out, drawing Daniel's attention back to her - away from me...*eyeroll****

Nico snorted into his beer and Jamie hesitated to do the same when I shot him a look across the table. I smiled politely "It's Alex-i-a and I'm the team's social media guru/manager. Whatever you want to call it."

Her eyes turned into slits and the space between her eyebrows disappeared, "So you like follow them around, take pictures and stuff?" Sounding even dumber than she looked. 

This time Jamie did not hold it in and neither did Nico, they both burst out laughing - Nico spat out his beer and Jamie made that ridiculously childish "ohhhhh no she didn't", to which of course Daniel couldn't help himself, "Oh she did girlfriend, you better work!"

"Enough boys! I'm sure Cassandra means well. Yes, basically, but mostly I order them around and make them do entertaining things for the vlogs. Their fans really love it and they are a pleasure to work with most of the time.." I gave a pointed look to both Nico and Daniel who were still trying to recover from their "clever antic" - stupid boys.

"But mainly, she's just there to look pretty," Dan added, "and for us to annoy the shit out of," Nico finished. I couldn't help but laugh at the two of them. 

"Gone a bit red there, Alexia?" Cassandra asked with a sour tone which flicked a switch in me and I felt confident that no matter what these boys still had my back.

"Can you really blame me, I mean have you seen these men topless?" I quipped back and rendered the table silent for a few minutes before Jamie once again burst into a fit of laughter, "Oh please, that's just cause you haven't seen me topless," he said before thinking about his words. 

Cassandra just looked at me in shock and just a hint of jealousy.

"Ewww!" Both me and the boys said in sync. "That's just..no..eww. WHY!? Why would you say that!" I started to picture horrific things and then I couldn't get it out of my head. The boys carried on laughing more at me than anything else, I'm sure.

"What?" He asked completely bewildered by all of our reactions.

"You're my brother idiot! That's disgusting!"

"Riiight," He turned to wink at Cassandra to which she blushed and I could swear fluttered her eyes as well.

Exhausted from a day of travelling and whatnot I finally asked if we could wrap things up so that I could catch up on some sleep and then agreed that I should do just that as they had planned a long list of things for me to do while I was here. 

This, of course, meant they sat around one night or texted each other once  - bouncing ideas off each other and hadn't really made plans, but we'd take things as we go and because they had some pull in Monaco being F1 drivers and all, they'd be able to pull things together on short notice. I rolled my eyes at them and promised to be ready for action in the morning.

"Danny, are we going to go back to yours or mine after this?" Cassandra turned to Daniel with puppy eyes, making an obvious scene to get my attention.

"Actually I was hoping to get some stuff done before my folks get in later this week, so would it be cool If I drop you off after this?" He said hesitantly

She looked down looking very disappointed that their time together was ending before perking back up, "but Danny it's my last night, I thought we could do something... special.." batting her eyelashes at him. 

He stretched his arm behind his back and lifted it to scratch his neck before looking at me for a split second. I had to look away so quickly I swear I almost pulled a tendon..in my eye... Do we even have tendons in our eyes, well whatever it was it was dramatic. I didn't want him to see that I cared about what they were talking about, but it was clear that he did notice when he looked over.

"I..um, I'm sorry Cass. Not tonight, but maybe I can see you off at the airport in the morning or something?" I felt bad for Daniel, I could tell that he hated every bit of this situation because he hated confrontation in general, but there was nothing I could do to help him. Cassandra was his friend and she clearly didn't like the fact that he was saying no to her. I'm sure it's not a term she's used to hearing...

"Okay, we'll talk about it on the ride back," She placed her hand on Daniel's lower back and I could feel the steam rising in my body. I was seeing red, mentally prying her hand away from his body. Thankfully Daniel stepped away from her to say goodbye to Nico and my brother. 

Cassandra was giggling between Nico and Jamie when Daniel made his way towards me. I took a deep breath and braced myself for another Ricciardo encounter.

"So your parents are visiting, that's awesome Dan. I know how much you miss them," I said when he reached hearing range.

"Yeah! I'm pretty stoked, it'll be a short visit though. Mum wants to do some euro-sightseeing, maybe go visit my dad's home town in Italy."

"Oh that sounds amazing, I can't wait till we get to go to Italy. I'm definitely taking some time off to go do touristy things!"

"Hmm, maybe I'll join you on that trip, put my Italian to good use," He winked and I laughed.

"Ever the charmer," I rolled my eyes, "But, that sounds lovely. Anyways I think we're leaving," I said to Dan looking back at the other three, conversation starting to die down.

"Yeah... Looks like I'm leaving too," He laughed referring to the mess he has to deal with on his ride home, namely Cassandra. "Was really good to see you though Lex, promise me we'll make some plans this holiday?"

"I promise, I'm just across the road so you have no excuses to get a hold of me either okay," I gave him a knowing look, remembering how little we'd spoken up until now.

"I know, I know. I'm not innocent here either," He looked down, almost ashamed - maybe he did feel bad for not contacting me and did miss me as much as I miss him.

I stepped closer to give him a hug goodbye, but he did the same thing and I ended up stepping on his toe and headbutting his chest to which he reached for my face with both hands to make sure I didn't hurt myself too badly. "Shit!" We both muttered in sync. "I'm so sorry Daniel!" I blushed fiercely looking up at him through my lashes.

"It's okay, Parks. I'm used to your lack of coordination. You okay?" He laughed

"I'm fine, sorry again," Feeling extremely stupid with everyone's eyes on us. I pulled his hands away from my face and turned to leave.

"Oi! Missy, come back here I didn't get my hug!" He scolded my abrupt exit strategy. I turned around feeling a new sense of hope when I realised he wanted this as much as I did...the HUG, I mean.. 

"Not getting away from me that easily young lady," He said into my hair as he pulled me in for a bearhug. "I'm sorry, thought I missed my chance," I whispered. "Never," He whispered back and for a short second, I forgot we had an audience and drew in his scent again before pulling away from him.

"Goodbye Alexia, lovely to meet you." Cassandra smiled sickly sweet and came in for a tight hug which felt like the tin man had wrapped himself around me and started squeezing - It sounds terrible, but that's what it felt like #sorrynotsorry

"Bye, Cassandra. You too sweetheart," My equally sweet smile smacked across my face as we went our separate ways in the parking lot. I watched as she put her arm around Daniel's waist. I watched the way he let her. He lifted his arm and her head rested against his side. I watched them walk the last few meters to his car, the way he opened her door.

Perhaps he was just making up excuses for them not to spend time with one another in front of me...

"I highly doubt that."

"Shit! Nico, you scared the crap out of me!"

"Really? Cause I've been standing here for a while."

"You have?" I turned around slowly with my head hung low, unable to look at him for what else he could have heard.

"My lips are sealed, kid. You don't have to worry, but openly throwing daggers at Cass, in front of your brother, might not be working in your favour to prevent anyone else from finding out..." He laughed steering me towards his car, with his arm thrown over my shoulders.

"I don't know what you are talking about!"

"Sure you don't, let's get you to bed."

The ride back to Jamie's was silent, well at least on my part. The boys were talking about some party that was taking place later in the week. All I could think, scratch that, obsess about was if Cassandra really went home alone. Did Daniel only say that they were just friends because he could see I was upset? Did he know I was actually outrageously jealous? Did he know I had feelings for him? Just playing the game?

"Head out the clouds little Parks, we're here." I hadn't even realised we were in fact parked.

"You coming, Nicky?" I turned around to see if he had gotten out the car too.

"Yeah.. no... I'm not actually. Egel wants to meet up...sorry." He looked visibly guilty.

"Ohhh! That's amazing Nico! I'm so happy for you, don't be sorry. Go! Go! Go!" I practically pushed the car out of its spot - that's impossible, but I tried.. This was so exciting!

"Yeah, I'm going to go now, and calm down nothing is official yet," He said dismissively.

"Okay I'll try, but fuck Nico, I'm so happy for you seriously. Send her my love and tell her I really want to see her when she has some time."

"Okay, I'll tell her. See you tomorrow, kid."He drove off and I could see the smile on his face growing. That man deserves the world and I hope she doesn't mess him around again. 

I finally got up to the apartment, Jamie was getting ready to meet some chick and I couldn't be more grateful to have the place to myself while I wind down from the day. I should probably give Jen a call too, find out when she's going to be coming down.

 I turned the hot water on in the tub and added some bubble bath - I'm not about to ask why my brother has bubble bath handy. I went on a hunt to gather all the candles around the apartment and place them around the bathroom. I stripped down and connected my phone to the Bluetooth speaker, taking the opportunity to bounce around and unwind in all my naked glory. 

I called Jen after my soak in the tub. As expected, she too was shocked by Cassandra's appearance at lunch today but appeased my frustration by reminding me of Dan's attempt to clear the air by the bar. 

She agreed that my actions were extremely childish and that she would be sure to give me a good hiding once she landed in France next week. Finally, she pushed me to share my feelings with Daniel because it really was eating me up, I definitely think that she's right about it consuming me, but me telling Dan about the way I feel about him just isn't an option. 

That has catastrophe written all over it.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

34.8K 488 26
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 she is Daniel Ricciardos sister. She is the less successful, living in the shadow of her brother. Daniel races for McLaren along side...
70.1K 2.7K 35
Georgina Preston has heard everything about Daniel Ricciardo. Whispers from friends of friends have kept her endlessly up to date with his life even...
129K 4.9K 83
Stephanie (Stevie) has to deal with the aftermath of a life threatening disease and two young kids by herself when the father of the children leaves...
26.7K 623 36
Sydney only ever wanted to attend one F1 Grand Prix. She figured she'd fly over, support her brother in his race, and be on her way. That would have...