The Ice Princess (CAMREN)

By CamilasLoveedoo

This is not a freakin' fairy tale. More

The Ice Princess
Danger #1
Danger #2
Danger #3
Danger #4
Danger #5
Danger #6.1
Danger #6.2
Danger #8
#votefifthharmony

Danger #7

625 37 7
By CamilasLoveedoo

DANGER #7

Lauren left Normani and Ally to answer the School nurse's annoying questions. She sat beside the bed of the blonde girl.

"Who are you?" The blonde croaked. Lauren just stared at her smugly.

"Sleep," Lauren commanded, crossing her arms. Her mind was occupied, not suprisingly, by Camila. She knows she have to ask this blonde who were the men dragging her. It's pointless, she was unconscious. How would she know?

"You are the new girl," the blonde whispered.

Lauren frowned at the girl. "Yes. Yes I am."

"Why--"

Lauren stood, cutting the girl mid-sentence. "You know what? I think I need some air. See you around." She doesn't want to stay and chit chat with this girl so she left the clinic. She found herself walking back in the dark woods. Ofcourse, I have to clean the mess.

She checked the men's pulses. They're all dead. Scratching her chin, thinking where to put these stupid morons. She picked up the guns, undoubtly there are fingerprints on it. She dragged the bodies and arranged them.

She bit her lip as she examins her work. The dead bodies were alined. If the police found these, it would be definitely weird.

"Well, police are just bunch of stupid fat gits," Lauren muttered to herself. "Useless."

Lauren wishes they didn't kill all of them. She could use one to interrogate. But if these men are Reapers like her, they wouldn't talk, ofcourse. She walked and kneeled beside a body. She searched for something that would confirm that they are Reapers, or what Mafia they belonged.

No symbol. No anything. Maybe a tattoo. She have to strip them. She checked their wrist, back, chest, arm, legs. Nothing. No tattoo.

"Damn it," she muttered. She felt lazy to put their shirts on so she just covered them with their black jackets.

She went back to the girl's dorm feeling disappointed. Still no answers.

Weeks had passed. The students stopped talking about Lily Halters, and started talking about the blonde girl, and Lauren heard her name was Clare Zabini.

She was sure that Camila is doing a good job avoiding her. They still share some classes but she doesn't sit beside her anymore. And that annoyed Lauren. She was grumpy these past few days.

"Still won't talk to me," Lauren mumbled at lunch.

"Who's not talking to you?" Normani asked while chewing her sandwich.

"Wish you would," Lauren answered grumpily. Ally laughed. Normani pouted.

"What's wrong with you?" Normani asked.

"No--"

"Hi, L-Lauren," said a nervous voice. The trios looked at the new comer. It didn't improve Lauren's mood. It was blonde, Clare Zabini.

"What?" she asked, staring smugly at Clare.

"I...just. Er.." she stammered. Lauren tried not to roll her eyes.

"Oh stop being grumpy!" Ally snapped at Lauren. And smiled sweetly at Clare, "I'm sorry. She's.. Er her crush doesn't want to talk to her. She's pathetic, doesn't she?"

"I am WHAT?" Lauren said loudly.

"Don't mind her," Ally told Clare ignoring Lauren. "Sit with us?"

Clare smiled at Ally and cast a nervous glance at Lauren before nodding.

She sat beside Lauren, careful not to touch the grumpy girl.

"Lauren," Clare started again.

"I'm listening," Lauren said.

"I just want to thank you--"

"Did you thank Camila too?" Lauren asked.

Clare looked shocked then confused. "Camila?"

"Well, she's the one who saved you. Really. Don't thank us."

"Camila Cabello?" she asked the name like she couldn't believe it.

"Camila Cabello," Lauren repeated. "Don't act so surprise."

"She..isn't she.. the.." she stammered again.

"The what?" Lauren asked dangerously. She knows Clare would say 'the weird girl'. Why does she feel so defensive.

Clare shook her head, she stared at the table. "Camila Cabello saved me?"

"She did."

"I don't believe it," she whispered. "That weird--"

"Okay, you can get out of this table. Now," Lauren snapped. She knew she would call Camila weird. Camila's not weird. She's just.. uh unusual.

"I'm sorry," Clare said quickly. "I didn't mean.. I mean, I just can't believe it. I think I should thank her."

"You better."

Clare stood up, she looked at Lauren. "Thank you, you still helped, I saw you." She smiled at Ally and Normani. "And to you two. I owe my life to you guys."

"You owe your life to Camila," Lauren said, not even casting Clare a single look, munching her lunch.

"Right," Clare said. "I guess I'll see you around?" She bit her lip before turning. She left the cafeteria maybe to find Camila.

"Wow. She's into you, Lauren," Normani said, staring at the cafeteria door where Clare just left. Ally nodded.

She glared at them. "She just wanna thank us."

"She wanna talk to you. She thanked us a hundred of times when we were at the clinic."

"True," Ally agreed, ignoring the deadly glare Lauren's giving them. "You think she sensed that you're a bi?"

"What the hell is wrong with you two?" Lauren asked, annoyed. "There are more dangerous tasks we have to complete. A mafia is attacking this school! And our topic is a girl has a crush on me?"

Ally and Normani looked ashamed at themselves. A spang of guilt hit Lauren. "Look, I didn't mean to--"

"No. You're right. We were being..stupid," Ally said. No trace of the cheerful girl a minute ago.

"You went back to arrange the bodies, right? Are you sure you didn't see any symbol?" Normani asked. She too is not smiling anymore. Their faces are coated with blank seriousness. Lauren can tell that her two teammate was in Reaper mode.

Lauren took a deep breath and tried the expression of Normani and Ally. It was easy. She's a natural reaper. "Nothing," she told them. "I checked their bodies. Nothing. No clues." She felt stupid. She knows nothing. She gritted her teeth.  She's supposed to be thinking about the task, not about the Ice Princess. How could she let someone divide her concentration?

Suddenly, she stood up.

"Where are you going?" asked Normani. Suprised at the sudden movement. Lauren was walking out.

"I have to talk to Clare," Lauren told the two and then disappeared from the view.

Ally shook her head. "Sometimes, it's hard to keep up to what Lauren's thinking."

"Always, Ally. At least she knows what she's doing."

 __

Lauren searched all the corridors, still no sign of Clare. Why do people disappear when you need them? She rounded on a corner and at last, she sighed, there she is. Clare was peeking in a room.

"Hey, blonde," Lauren called. Clare jumped and turned around at the sound her my voice. She was tempted to ask what she was looking in the room but thought better of it. She doesn't care.

"I need to talk to you," I said immediately when I reached her. She stared at me curiously.

"What for?" she asked.

"About that night."

She blinked, and understanding and disappointment flooded her face. "Ofcourse," she said in a small voice.

"Um." Lauren looked at the room she was looking at earlier. "Is that room empty?"

"Yes," she said, turning her head to face the door. "I was looking for Camila. She's nowhere. Do you know where she is?"

Of course. At the rooftop. But she's not going to tell her that. Lauren wouldn't give away Camila's little sanctuary.

"No. Let's go inside." Lauren grabbed her elbow and lead her to the empty classroom. When they were inside she glanced at Clare but she was looking at her hand on her elbow. Lauren withrawed it.

"Lauren, I really don't have any information to give you about that night. I was unconcsious, remember?" Clare said, sitting on a table.

"I know," Lauren said, sitting on a table infront of Clare. "I'm going to ask you about the days before the incident."

"I thought we are going to talk about that night?" Clare raised her eyebrows.

"Well, you said you were unconscious, I wouldn't ask you what you dreamt about while they were dragging you, would I?" Lauren said. Clare looked offended.

"It was a dreamless sleep!" she defended.

"Whatever, so we're going to talk about the day before that night--do not interrupt, let me finish, thank you--- I have a feeling that they were connected. What did you do the days before that night?"

She bit her lip, she looked angry. "That's none of your business."

Lauren groaned. "I am not doing this to pass information on the school body. I am not here for gossip! Damn it."

"You're here because you are acting like a detective. You think you could solve this? You are just a student, Lauren. Don't play Nancy Drew, you would end up like Lily!" She said the name Lily with an obvious pain and longing.

"You knew this Lily Halters?" Lauren asked carefully. Clare looked like she realized what she said, and tears flooded her eyes. "You knew her." Lauren was certain.

"Lauren, stop this," Clare croaked, wiping her tears with her palm. "You are entering a dangerous zone. Stop it."

"No," Lauren said sternly. "Tell me about Lily Halters. Please, this is important." She jumped from the table and stood infront of Clare, who was still wiping the tears.

"She..She was my friend," she said sobbing quietly. Lauren gave her an awkward pat on the back, encouraging her. "We were just normal students, Lauren. We didn't do anything. I think those bad people just picked someone to kill. You know, shoot randomly." She continued sobbing.

"You.. never discussed something or you never held a object that didn't really belong to you?"

Clare sobbed. "There was this picture."

Lauren heart's pumped furiously. A picture? There was only one picture on the crime scene. Her mind screamed again: CAMILA.

"What picture?"

"A woman and girl. It was just so cute. Lily said she found it.. she found it at the Principal's office. She thought the people in the picture was a part of the principal's family. So she took it, she said she couldn't leave it, the girl was so cute, and she said she was sure the principal has tons of pictures of them, it wouldn't hurt taking one."

Lauren was breathing fast. Her heart pounding in her chest.

Clare looked up. "It's just a simple picture, Lauren. You shouldn't give it much attention. It won't give you answers."

"Maybe," Lauren said, still thinking. What's with that picture? She found it exactly where they found Lily's body. And she was hell sure that Camila is that girl in that picture, and she was furious when I showed it to her.

"Look." Lauren dipped her head to level their face. She met Clare's eyes. "Thank you for the information--"

The classroom door opened, and a familiar voice echoed inside the room. "But you shouldn't do that! They are friends!" Then Dinah stepped inside the room. She was shocked to see someone inside, and beamed when she recognized Lauren. Clare blushed and looked down.

Lauren realized that their position is awkward. Her hand is on Clare's back and their face were level. It looks like they were.. uh.

"I knew it!" Dinah said smiling widely. "I knew it you are bi----"

"Get out of the way, Dinah!" snapped someone on Dinah's back. She knew that voice. Before she could react. Camila's petite figure squeezed inside the room. She stopped abruptly when she saw Lauren and Clare.

Lauren stood up straight. "Hey."

Dinah grinned. "Hey, yourself. Sorry to..er interrupt. We'll find another room to talk." And she turned to walk out.

"No," Lauren said quickly. "We are done--er talking." She grabbed Clare's hand and lead her out of the room. She caught Camila's cold eyes, and she shivered. The brown eyed girl crossed her arms as they passed and stuck her foot. Lauren sidestepped to avoid Camila's sinful foot, but Clare wasn't lucky she tripped. Lauren caught her.

She heard Camila's "Tss." And door closed with a loud sound.

"Thanks," Clare said nervously. "I guess I'll see you around?"

"Okay," Lauren smiled. "See you around."

Clare waved awkwardly. "Bye then." Then turning around.

Lauren stared at the door for a moment before walking away to find Ally and Normani. She owe them an apology for her behavior earlier. But just took three steps away when she heard the door opened and footsteps behind her. A hand on her elbow that spun her around. She met the cold brown eyes.

Lauren frowned despite the fact that her heart was pounding furiously inside her chest. "What?"

"Where's miss blonde?" Camila asked coldly.

"Where's Dinah?"

"Inside. We're done talking."

"That's fast," Lauren said smugly. "So, you're talking to me again?"

Camila smiled sheepishly and crossed her arms. "Yes. Any problem with that?"

Lauren rolled her eyes. "You would talk to me just if you want to. You can beat me up if you want to. You can kiss--"

"Stop acting like a child, Lauren."

"You are acting like a child. --You know what? Just continue ignoring me. I'm doing well," Lauren said turning around but Camila grabbed her shirt and spun her again.

"Damn, Camila!" Lauren said annoyed and amused at the smaller girl's behavior.

Camila chuckled. A fckin genuine chuckle. A monster in Lauren's stomach woke up.

"Meet me at the rooftop later," she said. She patted Lauren's shoulders before walking away.

"What made you think I would meet you?" Lauren called out.

"I know you will," she turned her head to look at Lauren. "You need answers."

what the hell.

____________________________________________

I didn't edit this. There might be some errors. Sorry.

Enjoy reading :)

Comments. Vote.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281K 9.6K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...
292K 6.6K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
2.1M 112K 63
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
318K 14.2K 37
જ⁀➴ᡣ𐭩 hidden, various hazbin hotel characters x female reader જ⁀➴ᡣ𐭩 𝑰𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 we follow an angel named y/n, who had her bes...