Alpha Valiante

By SkittlesNdRainbows

Madison Walcott: She's a twenty two year old werewolf with a dark past she'd rather forget. Trying to move on... More

Before we begin
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue
Credits

Chapter 36

8.2K 245 7
By SkittlesNdRainbows

Recap:

"Your eyes" Xavier says "Beautiful" he whispers placing his hand on my cheek.

Everyone drops to their knees and bows to Xavier and I.

This is my pack now, my home.

I promised to protect them and care for them

I'll be damned if I let anything happen to them

I will fight.

I will win!

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

The door bursts open as Xavier makes a grand entrance. Pack warriors fighting behind us as we continue to walk forward.

"Hello uncle" he all but sneers

He looks shocked to see us, well more Xavier. There's a woman sitting next to him, probably his mate

"X-X-Xavier" he stutters standing up. He's practically shaking "How-ho-how are you..."

"Alive?" Xavier asks after his uncle struggles to complete his sentence "Yes I suppose that is a good question considering you tried to kill all of us, isn't that right brother?"

"Indeed it is" Octavius says stepping forward

"You don't seem happy to see us uncle" Lena says stepping forward as well. All three siblings now stand side by side in front of their uncle whose eyes are as wide as saucers

"Why of course he isn't, he tried to kill us remember?" Octavius says

"I-i-i I never meant to hurt you" his weasel of an uncle stammers

"Never meant to hurt us!?" Octavius exclaims "What utter bullshit!"

"So waging war and sending all supernatural beings after the royal family with murderous intent was for what? A picnic?" Lena asks sarcastically

"No.. I just, I just wanted to hurt your mother...I n-ne-never-" he says but Octavius cuts him off

"No! You meant exactly what happened uncle" he says stepping forward "You've never liked any of us. You've always wanted to see us dead because you wanted the throne! But you knew taking out our parents wouldn't have been enough so you had to take us out too because you knew as long as we survived that throne could never properly be yours. Well you were right uncle, it's not properly yours. We're here to take back what you stole"

"I-I'd like to see you try" he says not so confidently "I have the royal army, you have a few measly wolves"

"Oh but see that's where you're wrong uncle" Octavius says. "In order to ensure our survival, your sister-our dear mother- made a choice. And that choice resulted in three immortal Lycans. However uncle, with Xavier here it was more than just immorality, he got powers too"

He looks like a deer in headlights

"I-I-It's true" he stammers "The prophecy?"

"Oh yes indeed" Octavius grins. He's enjoying this "Turns out your dear nephew Xavier has been Alpha Valiante this whole time, uncle"

"No! It can't be!" he yells. He looks scared

"Another thing" Octavius says

"Uncle allow me to introduce to you my mate, Luna Maddison Valiante." Xavier speaks for the first time since we've arrived. He puts his arm out to me and I step forward "The rightful Queen to the Lycan throne, as well as the rightful Queen to the Witch throne"

He stares at me in complete and utter shock

"Impossible" he whispers

"What's the meaning of this?" His mate speaks up "Guards throw them out!"

I wave my hand with a flick of my wrist and the door shuts closed

I've been practising my powers with Tyson and I've made tremendous breakthroughs

"I'd shut up if I were you lady" I sneer at her "You're in enough trouble already just sitting in a throne that isn't yours"

She looks at me in utter shock

"Excuse me?!" She screeches "Just who do you think you are?"

Before anything can go any further Xaviers uncle attacks Xavier

He lunges at him and tries to bite down on Xaviers arm

Xavier throws him off and he lands onto the opposite wall.

After that all hell pretty much breaks loose.

Seeing as I lost concentration the hold on the door weakened and guards come barreling in.

Our pack warriors attack the royal guards and a mini war breaks out

"ENOUGH!!" Xavier booms catching everyone's attention

"No more senseless killing. You're all just doing your so called King's bidding. I'm going to need you as part of my army when I take the throne." He says. He turns to his uncle who's laying by the wall "Uncle, let's settle this the old fashioned way shall we? I Xavier Valiante, challenge you Arthur Buckingham for the title of Alpha King, in a battle to the death"

Arthur (which is such a clichè name by the way)  stands up from his heap on the floor and stares at Xavier.

"Fine Nephew." He says dusting himself off "As you wish"

We head out towards the training quarters. Seriously, this place is huge!

'It's the palace for the Royalty of the werewolves, genius' Accalia says in my head sarcastically

'Whatever' I respond rolling my eyes

When we get to the training grounds I see that Arthur is already changed into combat gear, when he did that I have no clue.

Before us stands a ring. Nothing fancy, it's just a huge slab of grey concrete that's a little raised from the grounds. When one Alpha wants to take over another Alphas pack, this is the easiest way to do it. Challenge the Alpha to death. Whoever wins, keeps the pack and becomes Alpha. The more difficult way is war, but that's more.... Gruesome.

Xavier walks up to the ring but stops before stepping foot on it. He suddenly turns and looks right at me

Xavier isn't a man of many words, so when he speaks people tend to pay attention.

He walks up to me and stops right in front of me. He puts his hand on my cheek and stares deeply into my eyes, as if assuring me

"I'll be back, my Queen" he says softly

"I know" I respond "I don't expect this to last long, your uncle looks weak. I bet even I could take him"

"I have no doubt about that my warrior" he says and I see his lips tug up a little in almost a... Smile?

I almost called him out on it but now's not the time

'Remind me later' I tell Accalia

'You got it' she responds

He kisses my forehead and walks off into the ring. He stands opposite his uncle as the dude who I'm assuming is the referee reads the rules to them. It doesn't look as though Xavier is paying attention, nor is his uncle. Their focus is solely on each other. Staring holes into each other. Arthur with his hands in front of him in fight position, Xavier with his hands behind his back as though he's addressing his packs insolence.

Arthur lunges at Xavier, but Xavier moves out of the way. He lands hard on the ground. He stands up and spits on the floor next to him. Even he knows he's fighting a losing battle. Prolonging the inevitable. He's just trying to go out with a fight. Noble, in a stupid way.

He attacks Xavier again, trying to punch him. When Xavier moves out of the way he tries to punch him with his other hand and still fails. Seems he's getting irritated now because he growls and starts raining down punches on Xavier. Punch after punch after punch after punch, yet not a single one met it's mark. Xavier moved out of the way each time.

He growls again and starts kicking alongside punching. Kick. Punch. Kick. Punch. Kick. Punch. Kick Kick. Punch
None landing on Xavier. Arthur, clearly vexed, growls out very loudly.

"Enough of these foolish games!" Arthur grounds out

"I agree uncle, I was waiting for you to finish your warm-up" Xavier responds.

I let out a little chuckle at that. Arthur is heaving. His breaths coming out in sharp, short pants. He's sweating and clearly he's lost quite a lot of energy. Yet, here Xavier is talking about a warm-up.

"Cocky bastard" Arthur growls and lunges at him again. His attacks are very predictable, I must say. Xavier is probably bored with this fight.

Suddenly Arthur kicks directly at Xaviers face, but Xavier doesn't move. Instead he catches his foot in a vice grip and looks into Arthur's frightened eyes

"You done playing?" He asks "My turn" His eyes flash golden and it's as though there was a force that came out from his eyes because it send Arthur flying to the other side of the ring.

In the blink of an eye Xavier is besides him. He grabs him by his neck and elongates his claws, having it dig into Arthur's neck causing blood to seep down. Arthur, like the punk he is, screams in agony. Xavier throws him around like he's a doll.

He gets to his feet with much difficulty and looks at Xavier hunched over,heaving,bloodied.

Then... He starts crying. The fuck?

This was our King? Really? Pathetic!

"N-N-Nephew" he stutters out "Let's discus-" he never finishes because in no time Xavier is across the ring and has him by the throat lifting him in the air

"There's nothing to discuss uncle." He says "You were the bane of my life as well as my parents lives. You didn't discuss things then, so we won't discuss things now. Good-bye uncle"

"NO XAVIER WAI-" He starts his pleading but Xavier plunges his hand into his chest and rips his heart out before he can finish. He drops his limp body on the floor. He stares at the heart then crushes it in his hand, causing the blood to flow down his forearms. He looks absolutely insane, almost feral, yet all I can think about is how sexy he is in that moment. His eyes flicker to mine with a knowing look, as if he heard me. Dammit! I let my block down

He drops the heart next to the pathetic 'man' to whom it belonged.

He turns and addresses his uncles-no, his-pack

"I AM NOW YOUR RIGHTFUL KING. MY NAME IS XAVIER VALIANTE AND THIS WAS MY THRONE UNTIL MY UNCLE HAD MY WHOLE FAMILY MURDERED AND STOLE IT FROM ME" He tells them, looking out at all of them. "I WILL NOT ALLOW TREACHERY OR TREASON OF ANY SORT. TO BE APART OF MY PACK YOUR ALLEGIANCE HAS TO LIE WITH ME AND YOUR QUEEN AND ONLY TO US. ANYONE WHO FEELS THAT THEY DO NOT WANT TO FOLLOW UNDER MY RULE STEP FORWARD NOW"

I look around, holding my breath. The seconds tick by waiting for someone to step forward. Xavier looks at each member in the eye. Showing them that he's not afraid of them. Willing them to disobey

"ALL HAIL THE KING!" Someone suddenly shouts out

"ALL HAIL!" the crowd choruses out

"ALL HAIL THE QUEEN!" A more feminine voice yells out

"ALL HAIL!" They respond

It continues. Xavier turns to me and puts his non-bloodied hand out. I step forward and place my hand in his and he kisses my hand before raising both hands to the sky. The crowd erupts in cheers.

We did it! We took back Xaviers home.

'Our home' a voice in my head that I recognise to be Xaviers says.

He wraps his arms around me as I look around. Octavius stands with his arms around Alexa, Tirique and Claire hold hands, Jason stands hugging Maddelena from behind. Adam stands with his arm around Alexis, as does Ashton with Sydney.

This is my family. I look out at the pack, both the DarkThorn pack members and the Royal pack members. This is my family too.

I will protect them all.

Always.

As Xavier said, this is our home.

And I'll be damned if I let anything happen to it!

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

We've relocated the packs to the royal grounds. It is now the royal pack, DarkThorn and WhiteClaw all in one. We've moved in and were settling nicely,every one has moved in and they're all in they're allocated homes. It's a bit of an adjustment though. Living in a literal palace.

It gives me flash backs to my childhood. When I was a princess.

Oh my gosh! I was a princess and now, now I'm a Queen.

I almost squeel like a little girl

'Well ya know genius, that's normally how it works' Accalia sneers in my head

'Yeah but, I was princess of the witch empire, now I'm Queen of the Lycan empire. It's so weird' I say

I'm currently in Xavier and I's room. Or quarters rather. Much like at Xaviers pack there is a pack house and then there's the Residency for the King and Queen. We got our own place. Super cool, totally weird.

"I understand it's a huge adjustment for you my Queen" I hear a voice say from behind me. Xavier. "But you were meant for this. Born for it. Not just Queen of this throne but Queen of another"

I look up and our eyes connect in the mirror.

"What if they don't like me? What if they don't think I'm worthy of ruling? What if-" I start questioning but he cuts me off

"Seriously? We're going to do this again? Is this going to be the deal with every coronation?" He asks with a raised eyebrow and a little chuckle

I sigh and look down

"I'm not going to give you the same speech I gave you when you became my Luna because, well, I don't remember it" he says chuckling a little and stepping forward "No one Is more worthy for this position than you"

"So, I've been thinking" he says as he steps forward and puts his arms around my waist "Since we've taken my throne back, what do you say we go take yours?" He asks smirking

I smile at him

"Lead the way my King" I respond

~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||

Also please

Follow me on Instagram: @Skittle_Queen13

Follow me on TikTok: @SkittlesNdRainbows

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

328K 7.9K 52
Jess been suffering in silent waiting until she's 18 to leave her pack, without a mate, Living with her abusive families it was up to her to protect...
500K 6.3K 16
To read the full book please see the info below: What a wild ride this has been with almost half a million reads! However, It is now time for me to e...
124K 4.5K 64
Book 1 of The Lost Crown Series "Miss Selena Wilson, I have enough evidence, right at this instant to announce you as a traitor to the pack. You are...
855K 30.8K 39
Highest ranking #14 as of 12/20/16 WARNING: This story is not all lovey dovey, it's raw, brutal, and is filled with plot holes, now don't comment and...