The Oragami Hero

By Stillwell03

The Akatsuki were teleported acidentally to the future and had no way to go home. The world had changed to th... More

The Dark Secret
The Choice Encounter
Truths Revealed
Training and The Exam
The First Day
Mistress of Melody
Truth or Dare
Things Don't Add Up
The Truth
Two Geniuses
Questions and Answers
Battle of Apprentices
Ochako's Will
Era's Collide
Undead Holy Woman
An Akatsuki Christmas
Izuku vs Ochako
Three Man Squads
Hosu's Danger
Unsettling Finds
The New Generation
Training For Finals
Dark Power
Bakugou Retrieval Squad
Demon of the Flute
Undead Zombie Duo
Prodigys collide
Sharingan vs Byakugan
Izuku vs Bakugou
Heading Off

Chasing Bells

4K 103 16
By Stillwell03

I honestly thought about it, and believed that the bell test had to be done in this. I thought this test was a cool way for the characters to get teamwork to play a part with them and see how this makes a difference to who works well together and who doesn't. For those that don't get this test, it is one where Jonin test their Genin by having them try and obtain one of two bells on them through teamwork. Obviously this test has a twist since it makes no sense. First is the quantity of bells. This is a way to test how well the three work as a team even though t seems like the odd man out will fail. The second is skill. Jonin are far stronger and skilled than Genin in every way. So the Jonin holds back just enough where none of them can pass if they don't work together. Anyway, here's the next chapter.

Izuku POV:

After classes today, we all decided to hang out in the common space. Kaachan was still very annoyed that he lost to me and Ocha today and made it known. "TODAY DOESN'T COUNT NERD! YOU AND THAT FLABBY BITCH OF YOURS ARE GONNA BE NOTHING MORE THAN A PEBBLE IN MY WALKWAY WHEN I'M DONE WITH YOU!" He started to storm into the kitchen to get something to eat until everyone looked at us. "Is he always like this?" "Unfortunately." I wrap my arm around Ocha and smile at her. "You are in no way flabby to me." "I know, but I like hearing you say that." Our classmates looked at us and smiled a bit at our happy image. "That is so cute! Midori and Urara, sitting in a tree~." "Shut-it-now-or-feel-my-wrath. You stupid pink woman." We all glare at Kurama and give an annoyed stare. 'I hope the other tailed beasts aren't as sassy as you are.'

In that second, we hear the door open and Ms. Konan walks in. she looks at me and Ocha and starts to speak. "Tomorrow were training at our usual spot. Pain will meet us there." "Wait, you guys are trained by the new guidance councilor?" The redhead we know as Kirishima asked this in surprise. "Yup." "I'M COMING WITH YOU LOSERS TOMORROW!" 'And apparently he heard this.' "I don't know what kind of shitty training you both do, but I will prove I'm better than you both by wiping the floor with you!" "*sigh* Very well, would anyone else like to join in? It isn't mandatory." "I would like to know what Uraraka does as training," "Me to *ribbit*." "I'll come as well." "It's settled, meet us in Mustafar forest tomorrow morning and don't eat breakfast." Ms. Konan walks out with those words spoken to us.

The next day in Mustafar forest

After we all made our way to the forest, we started to wait for the next few minutes until Mr. Pain and Ms. Konan came. "It is good to see the both of you again." "Mr. Pain!" Me and Ocha immediately get up and greet our mentor. "How have you've been sir?" "Quite well, thank you for asking." We get back between Yaoyorozu and Todoroki for our training today to be explained. "Today you will be training as teams to capture one of two bells." 'Bells?' Mr. Pain and Ms. Konan hold up two sets of bells.

"The girls shall train with Konan and the boys shall be with me. Your objective is to try and get these by noon. If you don't, you all will be tied to those stumps behind you while we eat ours. You can come at us with anything and the intent to kill. Because if you don't, you won't get the bells." Yaoyorozu raises her hand in confusion. "But you both only have two bells. No matter what way it works, one person from both groups will be tied to the stumps." "Very perceptive, but that will be an issue you will find out later." "All girls come with me and we will begin." "All the boys follow me."

We start heading into the woods until we were a good distance away from where we were. "I believe this is far-" "DIIIEEEE!" Kaachan goes barreling at Mr. Pain who only catches him and holds a kunai to his neck. "Patience is a virtue. One must learn when to truly strike and see through deception of his enemies. Next time you wish to attack me, wait until I say start." He let's go of Kaachan and waits until he gets back by us. "Start." In an instant, he disappears and leaves nothing but smoke where he was. "Guys, we need to work together if we're going to-" SHUT THE HELL UP NERD! I DON'T NEED YOUR SHITTY HELP!" Kaachan walks away in an effort to find Mr. Pain. "I'm sorry Midoriya, but fighting side by side may not be the best thing with only two slots for three people to win." Todoroki walks away as well to leave me on my own. 'Something tells me this test is more than just grabbing those bells.'

Ochako POV:

"Start." Ms. Konan poofs into smoke to leave us confused where she went. "Before we do anything, I think this test is more to see how we work together." "I think that is what this is about as well." "Seemed kinda weird that they want us to work in a group of three with only two people able to pass." 'Well that was easier than I thought.' "Ok, let's go." We start running into the woods to try and find where Ms. Konan went. "Be careful, she can do the same stuff Izu can. Stay on your toes." As we make it to a clearing, we stop and hide out of Ms. Konan's view.

"Stealth is one of the most important things a Shinobi needs to know. If you are shown to the world. Your enemies will catch you." We hide behind a few trees and wait for Ms. Konan to turn her head away from us. "Ok, when I give the signal, yaoyorzu will make some flash grenades. Tsu, I need you to tie up Ms. Konan with your tongue during the heat of it. Once she's bound, I'll strike her with an attack that'll stun her for a few seconds. That's when we'll take the bells." "An impressive plan Ochako. But what happens when the enemy sees it coming?" We look up slowly and see Ms. Konan sitting on a tree branch. She starts to smirk when dropping a bunch of paper bombs below us. "RUN!" We all charge out of there to the sound of explosions coming behind us. 'I hope Izu is doing a better job.'

Meanwhile Pain POV:

"Stealth is the greatest asset to any Shinobi or hero that is making a sneak attack. If ones position is discovered, all your efforts for a surprise attack are in vain." I begin to look around and see Izuku hiding in some dense brush and that Todoroki kid in a bush. 'Seems they get that.' I start to pull out a book my former master wrote and began to read it. 'I never understood my old masters books when I was young, but I believe I have obtained an interest due to age.' In an instant, that Bakugo boy comes charging at me with his yelling being heard a mile away. "DIIIEE!" I evade him and kick him to the ground. "I shall be honest. Compared to the others, your rather headstrong." "I'LL SHOW YOU HEADSTRONG!" He tries to attack me again to meet a similar fate, but into a tree this time. 'Now I see why Konan hates him with a passion.'

As I think this, a beam of ice comes at me to be stopped by an Almighty Push. But when it shattered, several paper bombs inside the ice exploded. Once the dust cleared. A few paper shurikins came at my face and forced me to dodge. I cleared the smoke to see Bakugo no longer there. "Nicely done you two. Making a fake attack to take your comrade out of harms way. Very sneaky." I begin to hold a smirk at this. "Just like I taught you to be Izuku." I start walking into the woods when Bakugo comes charging in with both his hands pointed at me. He lets loose a dangerously large explosion that pushes me back a bit. As he goes for a bell however, he falls for a substitution jutsu and allows me to leave him there screaming in anger.

I enter into a clearing where Izuku and Todoroki are standing in. "Seems you have forgotten the most important rule of stealth Izuku." He charges at me with Todoroki for me to grab them and throw them into one another. However, I notice that they were only paper clones with several papers coming at me when they dispersed. I found myself immobile for a few seconds with some binding seals and the bells completely shown to them. "Now Todoroki!" They both come out of the bushes and charge at me. Once they reach the bells however, a large explosion comes at all three of us. "If anyone is getting those fucking bells, it's me!"

I watch as Izuku tries to reason with the fool to no effort. "Kaachan this isn't the greatest time to do this. We almost had them." "SHUT UP SHITTY DEKU! THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT CAN PASS HERE ARE THOSE THAT GET ONE OF THE TWO BELLS RIGHT!?" "Don't do this Kaachan." He holds his hands up at Todoroki and Izuku. "Then the only definite way I can pass is by fucking dropping one of you here and now." He says this with quite a bit of anger. "DIIIEEE!" Bakugo blows off multiple explosions with Izuku and Todoroki trying to dodge. "Are you out of your mind Bakugo!?" "SHUT IT ICYHOT! I'LL WIN THIS AND PROVE THAT I'M BETTER THAN ALL OF YO-" I had enough of his mouth and antics and knocked him out.

Konan POV:

I start reading some recent material for my field on a rock while waiting for them to attack. 'Seems their trying another sneak attack.' In that moment, I hear a cannon be fired in three different directions at me. It had released a smokescreen and clouded my judgement. "Tsu, now!" I look around and find a tongue grabbing my arm. I try and take the tongue off, but in the moments following another tongue grabbed me. "Yaoyorozu, now's our chance!" Ochako and Yaoyorozu has come out of the smoke on both sides of me and grab the bells. 'Not bad of a plan. You used Yaoyorozu's creation quirk to blind my sight so I would not see Asui and a clone transformed into her grab my arms. All when you and Yaoyorozu use the smoke cover to grab the bells when I could not move. Quick witted as always Ochako. No wonder I like you around Izuku."

Ochako POV:

After we got the bells, we headed back to the area we all split up from. When we got there, we saw the boys already finished with Bakugo on a stump. "Izu! How did you guys do?" He smiles and holds a bell up to prove he passed. "How did it go on your part Pain?" "Bakugo completely missed the whole point of the lesson. He even attempted to attack his own teammates, so I tied him up and he definitely won't be getting lunch." I see Ms. Konan look at Bakugo with anger. "Izuku, could you explain to everyone what you thought the point of this lesson was?" Izu thinks hard on Mr. Pains question and then answers.

"I think this test was meant to see how well people would work together with the false indication of one failing. If you ask me, this test was fishy from the start. You said we were working together in this with only two slots for victory out of three people. I can't say for Ms. Konan with the girls, but you weren't fighting us seriously sir. If you were, none of us would've gotten a bell. But you didn't make it easy for us to get them alone. So my best guess was that the bells weren't what meant you passed or failed. They were just the carrot on the stick for us. The real determining factor was how well we worked together."

"Correct. Very rarely will shinobi or heroes work alone. Heroes have people to control the crowds, transport the villains, and many other fashions. They never work all parts alone. Capture and rescue for them is a multi person job. As future heroes, I wanted you all to learn that you all are noting more than just one part of a giant machine. Doing things alone only causes more complications for you than needed." Mr. Pain looks at Bakugo while saying this. "WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT SOME LOSERS THAT WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO DO WHAT I CAN DO!" "I'm telling you this because you refused to learn this while going after the people you should've worked with. If you would've helped Izuku and Todoroki fight me instead of doing it on your own, maybe you wouldn't be the one tied to the stump right now."

Mr. Pain glares at him with a distant look with Bakugo holding an even stronger glare of anger. "Since the girls had learned this, they all passed along with Izuku and Todoroki since they understood and worked with one another. You Bakugo, will be watched by someone we know for the next few hours until we finish lunch. Maybe going hungry for most of the day will teach you something about that ego of yours." We leave with Bakugo just swearing at us and shouting in anger as he can't move and inch.

Itachi POV:

I walk over to the stump to find a rather angry boy that fit that Bakugo kids description tied up and yelling profanity. "I'LL GET YOU BACK FOR THIS FUCKING DEKU! I'LL GET YOU, YOUR FLABBY ASS BITCH, AND THOSE ASSHOLE TEACHERS OF YOURS! YOU HEAR ME!?" "Such a loud mouth you have. Would you mind keeping it down to not disturb the ecosystem here?" "Shut up you emo looking freak!" I get a bit agitated when hearing this and sit by the stump next to his. "So how did you get here?" "That asshole teacher of Deku's knocked me out and made me lose my shot at getting the fucking bells." "So they did the bell training? That's a great way to see how teamwork between people works." He only scoffs at me and avoids my gaze.

"*sigh* What were you doing before being knocked out?" "I tried to make sure I could keep a bell from those fucking extras and the next I knew, I was knocked out." "What did you do to keep a bell from the 'extras'?" "I pushed them back with my explosions." I get a bit irritated at the boys response. "So you attacked your own comrades?" "I don't need comrades! I could've gotten the bell on my own!" "No, the test is made so doing it alone is impossible. The bells are a decoy to make you think the only way to pass is by getting them. In reality, the real goal is to see if your teamwork could manage to beat a certain level of skill that you could not at that point alone."

He ignores me and tries to move out of the restraints. "Your not getting out of them without help." "SCREW YOU EMO! I DON'T NEED ANYONE'S SHITTY HELP!" "...You remind me of a group long ago that was so confident in themselves that they refused to accept the situation they were in and make the most of it." He looked over at me with a look as to say he's listening. "Long ago, there was a clan known as the Uchiha's. They were a very proud group of people that refused help from anyone. Even their own village that they were part of. Over the course of several decades, the Uchiha's had forced the hand of the village to a state of either accept their demands or risk a battle with them. In the end, the village had no choice and snuffed all but two Uchiha's in the cover of one night."

"...Why were the two spared?" "The first was the one that killed the entire clan. He butchered every member to help keep peace in the village. He did this knowing that there was no other option left and did it for the welfare of everyone and not just his clan. The other was his younger brother. He was oblivious to everything that is happening and was pure in a sense to all this. So the older brother made a plea for his brothers life to the village head. He would do the killing and take all the hate for his clan himself if his brother would be spared. The head agreed." Bakugo had stayed silent. "Believe me when I say that the older brother took no pride in doing this. He did not desire this nor did he enjoy the fact things went to this state. But he knew that if he didn't, his brother would be persecuted for something he had no actual part in."

I stand up and start looking at the sky. "What I am trying to say is, pride is a good thing to have and is a nice thing to have in oneself. But knowing when you should take that pride and swallow it is just as important." "....What happened to the brothers in the end?" "The younger lived in the village oblivious to what his clan had done and resented the older brother for what he did not knowing he was spared due to the brothers plea. The older brother had worn his shame on him and became rogue. Never to be heard from in the light again." We sat there silently at that point knowing my tale and how I came to be in the Akatsuki. My mind starts to drift to my brother and think of how his life had gone. 'I hope you grew up to be a strong and dependable man Sasuke.'

And that concludes this chapter. I made the little thing at the end because I thought Bakugo could take a lot from Itachi's life story of him going rogue knowing when pride becomes a problem and needs to be put to the side to keep peace. Whether he takes anything from today or not is up to him. Hope you all liked this and thanks for reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 5.1K 25
Would you like to know your death day and the cause of death? If you would know it... What would you do? Would you try to save people and yourself o...
8.4K 306 26
bnha/MHA x modern/Isekai reader part time working teen takes in a cat that was a deity in disguise and granted her a wish as a thank you. she goes to...
54.4K 1.4K 49
Since Izuku was Little he Never wanted to be a Hero but a Shinobi and when he told his friends they got worried and bullied Izuku so he'd give that D...
15K 407 76
For most of his life, Toya Todoroki was a loner. He was a scrawny, broody kid only known for getting in an explosive fight that led to him being held...