BILLIONAIRE'S second chance ✔

By HephziLolami

Billionaire's series~ 2 Monica Ambrosia left New York four years ago with a broken heart and a pregnancy t... More

Billionaire's second chance
Ch 1
Ch 2
Ch 3
Ch 4
Ch 5
Ch 6
Ch 7
Ch 8
Ch 9
Ch 11
Ch 12
Ch 13
Ch 14
Ch 15
Ch 16
Ch 17
Ch 18
Ch 19
Ch 20
Ch 21
Ch 22
Ch 23
Ch 24
Ch 25
Ch 26
Ch 27
Ch 28
Epilogue
Sneak peeks

Ch 10

30.1K 999 61
By HephziLolami

Word count: 1963

*

They'd agreed to be best friends.

"Best friends don't usually have sex with each other, right?" Monica mumbled to herself and looked away from the figure huddled under the thick clothes.

Did she think so and assure herself that just a week ago? Because at the moment, Sucre was groaning while giving her the look that screamed 'pull down your panties and let me pound you right!'

But they weren't going to do anything; due to several important reasons. One, Monica knew she couldn't get involved with someone like Sucre anymore. He was her ex husband and she didn't want to go back to her past.

Two, he had a baby outside. And he was very much in contact with the baby's mother. She felt a searing pain in her chest as she remembered the content in the mail but quickly ignored it. There was nothing to be jealous of.

Three, he was her boss. She'd never get involved in office romance. She had always hated the idea. With that, Monica got up and paced around his room but Sucre's groan had her halting.

"Where are you going?" Sucre asked in a husky tone. His eyes hadn't left her since she got into the room. What if she left? His plans would backfire and he couldn't afford for that to happen.

"Where do you think?" Monica fired back.

He released another guttural sound from the back of his throat. "Please don't go."

She almost melted at the spot. The magic words were foreign on Sucre's tongue. Please, excuse me, thank you, sorry and pardon me. Sucre always demanded everything. No one ever gave him the reason not to, no one except Monica.

But here he was, looking very sick with sweat pouring down his face while he kept groaning. Sucre was sick.

And at the moment, they were both in his room. Monica couldn't tell how serious it was because Sucre forbade her from coming near him, saying she would also contact the illness. Also, she didn't know if he was faking the illness because it looked more like he was undressing her with his eyes. And maybe he was just looking vulnerable due to his supposed illness.

Sucre wasn't one who tolerated weakness or allowed anyone see him vulnerable.

The illness did a good one on him.

"Can I at least check your temperature? Let me know how you're doing." She worried with furrowed brows. Ever since the previous week where Sucre had visited her at home, he didn't appear at work. And Monica should have been happy she was rid of him, only if she wasn't worried about the brute.

And so after she called his house, she had gotten to know from his house help that Sucre was at home. And he was down with the flu.

"Don't come near me baby, so I won't transfer the flu to you. Just help me call my doctor." He muttered in a hoarse tone. Monica licked her lower lip with a deep frown, struggling to pull her eyes away from his alluring eyes which were staring deeply at her.

Why did he have to call her 'baby' at a time like this? He cleared his throat and Monica blinked.

"Er, yeah. I'll just-"

"My doctor Moni baby, please."

That pet name again; the one that turned her heart to mush every single time. She shut out the thoughts. Now wasn't the time to remember how good it felt to be in his arms or how he whispered seductive nothings to her while cuddling her at nights.

"Doctor Franco right? I still have his landline her-" she paused in her steps and gasped, turning around to look at Sucre who was shivering.

Doctor Franco used to be Sucre's personal doctor and he was also attending to Monica before they drifted apart and divorced. Monica didn't see anything wrong in keeping contact with him, especially since he even extended his hospital to Canada.

"You still talk to him." Sucre croaked.

A part of his lips quirked up as he flashed his billion dollar smile but Monica ignored him and picked her phone, dialing his number quickly.

"So what?" She all but snapped at him, her cheeks coloring at being caught that way.

She went out to speak to Doctor Franco, not wanting Sucre to listen in on their conversation. Sucre chuckled immediately she ran out and took the covers off him.

His singlet was soaked and clinging desperately to his torso.

"Why won't I sweat when I'm covered with three thick sheets..." He groaned and did an eye roll.

He smiled when he remembered Monica's pink cheeks just before she left the room. Maybe she didn't just cut him and everyone related to him out after all. Then he frowned.

Maybe she just kept him alone out of her business. Maybe he was the only person she really didn't want to have anything to do with. His heart sank at the thought.

"What happened between us Moni? You just up and left me for god knows what and you're still blaming me." Sucre grumbled and patted his wet head with his two hands.

Pouring water on his head and wrapping himself up wasn't a bad idea after all. He'd been away for some business but didn't inform her and when she called, he'd asked the front desk to tell her he was sick. He didn't care if it made him needy. Now Monica was fussing all over him and his grandma was also on her way to see him, the two most important people in his life.

Ah, then there was Stephanie too- the third most important person in his life. Stephanie had him wrapped around her pinkie without even realizing it.

His grandma, Mrs. Ambrosia the second was on her way already, all the way from Mexico. Then he heard muffled sounds coming from his sitting room.

He was staying in a two room apartment he rented a while back. Sucre was still thinking of how long he would stay there in that apartment but with the way Monica was responding whenever he spoke to her, he could only guess he would still take more time there. She was the reason he was back in Canada, after all.

Though, with the look of things, she wasn't going to give him an easy time to win her back.

"I can't believe he didn't tell me you were coming." That was Monica, and she sounded upset. Who else would have made her upset if not her ex husband Sucre himself? He laid back down and pulled the covers over him quickly, clutching it to his neck. Then the doors opened and Monica stepped in. But she wasn't alone.

"He is so difficult sometimes. I often tell him not to get too engrossed in his work." Grandma Ambrosia complained bitterly behind Monica as they made their way into Sucre's bedroom.

Sucre groaned, knowing they were going to fry his head by constantly blaming him for working too hard.

But if he didn't work hard, how was he going to feed his family?

When Sucre looked away from the woman who had his heart racing to his Nana, his lips stretched into a small smile. Nana was in a yellow sundress, and wore yellow sandals to match. She had applied makeup, even adding a faint blush and Sucre couldn't help but chuckle.

His grandmother had always been a fashion guru- always conscious of her choice of clothing. She was the family's fashion adviser and her choice was never wrong.

"You're here grandma. The flight wa-"

"I know you tried to delay the flight but I'm not all that old that I can't go on an emergency trip." Grandma Ambrosia complained sourly.

Sucre didn't know how much he had missed his Nana's voice until he heard it again.

"Welcome to Canada again Nana, you must be tired. Geoff should take you to your room so you can rest." Monica softly told Nana while offering her Sucre's couch.

But Nana gave the couch the stink eye and marched past it in her two inches heel.

"I've been sitting all day. Give me a break." She told Monica with a chuckle and stared at the younger woman with adoration clear in her eyes.

Nana was exactly five ft six and never hunched while walking or standing. She still had the most shares in her company stocks, combined with that of Sucre's company and her late husband's company which she was formerly managing. Beatrice Ambrosia was hardworking and always liked to be kept informed.

The company she was helping to manage had belonged to Sucre's father. And it would eventually be handed over to either Sucre or his child.

"Nana, I missed you." He croaked and forced a cough.

"I did too, you son of a gun. Why didn't you call me earlier?" Nana smacked his thighs and Sucre groaned.

"Nana, I am in pain...please don't add to it." Sucre faked a whimper.

He caught a ghost of displeasure on Monica's face when he whimpered and a glimmer of hope sparkled in him. She still cared.

"When did you come down with the flu?"

"Over a week now." Monica butted in quickly. She was still displeased with him. He didn't care to let her know he wasn't feeling well but in Sucre's defense, she didn't want to be around him.

Nana frowned. She moved towards him and was about to touch his forehead when Monica softly held her hand.

"Nana, don't. You'll contact the illness...we still don't know what it is yet."

"My daughter, you are just too good. Please consider what I told you the other time." Nana caressed Monica's cheek affectionately.

Monica swallowed. "I will Nana. The doctor will be here anytime soon and it doesn't look so serious. Let me take you to the other room so you can rest for a bit."

"What did she tell you?" Sucre asked in curiosity.

They both turned around.

Monica eyed him sharply. "What we discussed is none of your business Sucre, so-"

Nana cut Monica off. "I asked her to date again. She has been single for far too long and we are trying this new dating app that Sanders inc. just developed. I'm a sponsor there. She'll be one of our first users. Oh, she has also agreed to be the face of our brand."

Sucre was burning with anger while his grandma smiled in victory. He yanked the covers off his body, nose flaring.

"What the fuck? She's doing no such thing. You're not going anywhere for any fuckin' date Monica, or I swear-" Monica felt her breath quicken as she listened to his outburst. Her nose flared in impatience. What she did with her life was none of Sucre's business.

"Actually Nana, I changed my mind. There's nothing for me to think about. I'll join the site. Please let me know the requirements." Monica spoke calmly, her eyes glaring daggers at Sucre.

"It's just an app." Nana laughed softly. "Once you have an account, it is very easy to operate. We just have to meet Jason Sanders and I'll connect you two, that's all."

"You're not doing this Monica, you can't. You're mine, always will be. You know what I can do if you push me." He threatened slowly, then faced his grandmother. "I can't believe you're doing this Nana. I'm disappointed."

Nana waved him off.

"Then I'll like to see you do your worst!" Monica fired back.

Just then, the doctor came in with the help, Geoff and the two ladies left the doctor to do his job.

Sucre spent the rest of his evening sulking.

*

Well, that backfired 🤭😆

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 58.1K 60
[COMPLETED] [Hightest Ranking #3, From 3rd to 6th September 2016] She was an epitome of strength, though afraid of people leaving her, she built wall...
52.9K 1.8K 23
[BOOK ONE.] "I'm straight!" I snapped bitterly, my face burning with embarrassment. Ace chuckled softly. "Your body tells me another story." He tease...
92.6K 1.8K 34
[BILLIONAIRE SERIES] [BOOK 1] "Do you want to kiss me?" "No, I want to devour you completely. Every inch of your body and soul belongs to me. Let...
9.5M 309K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...