Love And Secrets

Od sheszomi

Autumn grew up in a small town where her father was the richest man, she had a perfect life until it was ruin... Více

Authors Reminders
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Preview of Beyond the Boundary

Chapter Twenty-three

97 9 1
Od sheszomi

Autumn's pov

Back in New York, Summer went over to her best friends apartment to cool off and I went home. April was in school, Alexis wasn't home neither were Zachary nor Harley. Ric came into the house to drop my bags.

"Hey Ric"

"Hey Autty, How was your trip?"

"Bad and good" I sighed, "Hey come and fill me in with the happs in the house" I took his hand and we sat on the sofa

"Nothing really, nothing unusual" Ric said bitting his bottom lip which he does when his lying

"Richard!!"

"The thing is..."

"Mummy!!" April yelled and ran into the living room

"Sweetie, I missed you!!" I stood up and hugged her tight

"I'm so glad you're back" I didn't even notice when Ric left...

It was so strange that Alexis is not yet back, I asked April but she had no idea where she is. I was making dinner with April and my phone rang

"Hello"

"Autumn it's Harley"

"Oh Harley!!..."

"I just wanted to tell you that Zachary broke up with me...he's now dating Alexis...I'm so sad Autumn but it's alright...thanks for everything..bye"

"No Harley wait!!" And she hung up

"Mum the batter is ready!"

"I'm coming!!"

I am so angry with Alexis, 12am and she's not back, I knew this would happen...how can I be so stupid... someone opened the door and I switched on the light and saw Alexis holding her heels and tip toeing.

"Hey!! Autumn!!" She said nervously

"Alexis where have you been??"

"Ummmm... I was..."

"And what's this rumour about you dating my brother"

"Autumn I wanted to be the first person to tell...but things happened so fast and all...I'm so..."

"Alexis I told you, I pleaded with you to leave my brother and Harley alone"

"Autumn I can explain"

"Explain what, that you're screwing my brother??"

"I'm not screwing your brother, I'm..."

"You're what!??!" I yelled

"I'm in love okay?!!!" She yelled

I stood up and laughed hard, "Do you even know the meaning of those words?"

"Autumn please"

"Alexis you're never stable in a relationship, you've never fallen in love before and you can never fall in love" she flinched

"Autumn I don't know why you're being hostile and angry...no wait I know maybe it's because you're still sad that you were raped and the person who raped you is the brother of your first love...or are you angry that your life sucks and your whole family sucks"

"Get the fuck out of my house" she turned and slammed the door

After dropping April off at school, I left for the office since I had an appointment with Lara. When I arrived she was already there waiting for me in my office.

"You sure did take your time" she said once I came in. I rolled my eyes.

"Nice to see you too, Lara"

"So let's get down to business, am I getting the divorce or what?"

"Your husband wants no divorce, Lara"

"The hell he doesn't!! I will drag Kyle to this office if I have to. I really need that divorce Autumn"

"Why do you want to leave Kyle so badly?"

"That's non of your business, all you have to know is that I want a divorce"

"Lara you have to tell me everything all there will be no divorce, I have to go when you're ready to tell me what's going on you call me" I stood up to leave and she yelled

"I don't want him to hate me okay??! I don't want Kyle to hate me!"

I sat down, "What do you mean you don't want Kyle to hate you"

"There's something I can never do for Kyle, I tried but I can't."

"What do you mean?"

"I can't give him a baby Autumn, it's been 4 years and I can't give him a baby"

"Is that why you want to divorce him, you're really crazy Lara, Kyle loves you with child or without child"

"You don't understand Autumn, he loves your daughter, he loves her a lot. He's hurt you never gave him a chance to see her, which makes an ass by the way"

"What do you mean I never gave him a chance to see her?"

"That's what he told me"

"Okay, Lara we'll talk about this with Kyle and hear what he thinks about it okay?"

"Autumn I don't want Kyle to divorce me, if he does that his father takes away his inheritance but if I divorce him I lose my shares. That's why I want to do it myself"

"Lara noone is divorcing anyone okay?? I have to go now I will see you later"

When she left I face palmed myself because that's the lamest reason anyone had to divorce your husband.

I left for the courthouse for the final hearing. I met Mrs Lincoln outside, the court and called her aside.

"Do you think I will be sentenced?" She said shaking

"No Mrs Lincoln, I am here for" I said clasping her hands

"I swear I didn't kill him, I know I stabbed but he was very much alive when I left him"she said

"For Pete's sake why did you keep this from me. This changes everything, the hearing starts in two hours I will be right back" I went outside to make a call.

"Hey Trent, am good and you?"

"Okay, please Trent I need the autopsy results of Mr Lincoln David"

"Thank you so much, I will check it"

I went to over to the firm and printed out the autopsy results and left for the courthouse I have just 30 minutes. I arrived at the courthouse 20 minutes before the hearing. I studied the autopsy results and found out that Mr Lincoln died by 2:30 and his wife claims to have stabbed him by 1:15, an hour and 15 minutes before his death.

"All stand!!" We stood up and the judge walked in and took his seat. Henry came out to speak,

"My lord permit me to call Mr Gregory to the witness stand."

"Mr Gregory who are you to the late Mr Lincoln"

"I'm his twin brother"

"Okay, is Mr Lincoln a violent person?"

"No he wasn't he was sweet and kind to everyone, especially his wife" he said

"Can you tell us what you know about Mrs Lincoln especially on the part of cheating"

"Objection my lord, he's trying to put word into the witness mouth" I said

"My lord it is important to know if Mrs Lincoln cheated on her husband or not"

"Objection overruled"

After series of questions It was  my turn,

"Mr Gregory are you married??"

"Objection my lord, Mr Gregory's marriage has nothing to do with this"

"My lord knowing if Mr Gregory is married can lead us to more witnesses"

"Objection overruled"

"No I'm not married"

"How close were you to Mr Lincoln?"

"We were like brothers"

"Mr Gregory were you also close to Mrs Lincoln?"

"Not really"

"So you're saying you didn't date Mrs Lincoln in college?"

"Objection my lord, Mr Gregory's love life have nothing to do with this case"

"My lord, Mr Gregory and Mrs Lincoln dated in college, so he should know if she's capable murdering her husband"

"Objection overruled"

"So Mr Gregory, do you think Mrs Lincoln is capable of murder?"

"She's a woman, I mean you never can predict what you women are capable of, even stabbing her husband on the right part of the stomach..."

"How did you know it was the right part of the stomach?"

"I I....h...eard it from here and there"

"The doctors are the only ones who knows about it...so if you did not speak to the doctors then how do you know about it"

"Does she have the right to ask this question?" Mr Lincoln asked

"Don't worry you don't have to answer it, that will be all my lord"

I sat down, and now it's time for the prosecutors to summarise and we have to convince the jury.

After Henry's speech, I stood

I faced the jury,I looked at their faces and they were two men and three women before I started

" Mrs Lincoln has four kids whom loves so much, please let Mrs Lincoln go home to her kids, nobody in this jury will like to have their child taken away or taken away from their child, children sometimes are the reason we live they are our oxygen... without them we're empty and without us they're lost, that's why I ask you the jury to let Mrs Lincoln go home to her children" when I was done I felt tears on my cheek and unshed tears in the eyes of the women in the jury.

"The court will be back in ten minutes to hear the jury"

"All stand!!!"

We all stood and left the courtroom, I was busy consoling Mrs Lincoln and after a ten minutes that felt like forever we were called back.

"All stand!!"

When the judge sat down and the paper was collected from the jury and read out

" After listening to both sides, the jury have decided that Mrs Lincoln killed her husband and her husband was cheating on her...the jury found Mrs Lincoln not guilty of these charges"

"No!!!!! This bitch needs to go to prison,I didn't murder him for no fucking reason she's meant to rot there" Mr Gregory yelled and headed towards Mrs Lincoln, the officer stopped him before that and he was taken away

***************************************

After all that drama I need a break I was heading to my office when I saw Alexis, I wanted to tell her about the case when I remembered we were quarrelling

"Lex, hey"

"Hi"

"Uhmm...I fucked up yesterday I shouldn't have said that to you, I'm really sorry"

"Are you really sorry or is this because your sorry ass have noone to celebrate it"

"Alexis please I just want to have..."

"I have a lunch date with my mother, apparently I will meeting my soon to be Step Father" she said and walked away

I'm a shitty person, feeling so bad I took the rest of the day off.

I drove into my house and immediately I came down Ric was already standing there.

"Everything alright Ric?"

"No your mother is in there"

"What!, Why?... okay thank you"

"You finally decided to come home, I've been here for hours"

"Why are you here?" I asked as I set my bag down

"Sit down Tum" Tum??, She never calls me that.

"Why are you here?"

"Sapphire I said sit your damn sorry ass down" I reluctantly sat down

"I'm here because I'm fed up, I'm tired of this sickening life of lies.

"Let's start with you first, I'm not your mother Autumn"

"You're insane" I whispered more to myself than her

"No I'm not Autumn and you're not my child"

I can't believe this, I mean I also suspected but never thought it was going to be true.

"Then I was adopted?" I blinked numerously to keep the tears in, "So that's why dad never loved me"

"Don't get me wrong, I'm not your mother doesn't mean your father isn't your father"  I was now beyond confused

"What the hell are you talking about?" I felt tears on my cheek

"I'm not going to say anything else because your father said if I don't want him to... nevermind...just know that it's not my story to tell"

"Fuck you" I can't believe she's so calm, no remorse, she's not even sad no tears no goddamn feelings!!

She rolled her eyes and said, "This is just the start Autumn, there's one more thing, April..."

"Don't even say that April isn't my daughter 'cause I had a DNA test"

"Of course April is your daughter but..." Ric opened the door

"Sorry to interrupt Autumn, but a certain Mr Salvador is here and he said he wants to see you"

"Let him in" my mother said

Kincaid came in and with a white envelope, I didn't even look at him.

He gave me the envelope and said he wants custody of April

"What the fuck did you just say?" I asked

Why does Kincaid want Aprils custody???

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

206K 10.4K 89
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
226M 6.9M 92
When billionaire bad boy Eros meets shy, nerdy Jade, he doesn't recognize her from his past. Will they be able to look past their secrets and fall in...
20.1K 653 5
5 shots on Rishbala Why rishab kundra refused to marry madhubala who was pregnant with his child..??
261K 8.1K 186
What if a Pokémon Trainer found herself in the world of One Piece? What if she found herself with the Strawhat Pirates? What if she finds herself get...