Six Skeletons and The Waitress

By ItsSwapPapyrus

A picture perfect family hides the fact that your life is filled with manipulation and abuse. When you move a... More

1. Moving Away
2. Cute Monsters
3. Guests, but you stay in your room.
4. Red
5. Oh no
6. Brother, Dear
7. Honeybee *
8. Swap!Muffet's Bakery.
9. Sealed with a Kiss
10. Spider Dance
11. Skeleton Cookies
12. Boss
13. Trust Me
14. Kidnap and kidnapper
15. Behind the Scenes
17. wake up call
18. Red & Stretch
19. Drunk Skeletons pt1
20. Drunk Skeletons pt2
21. Blueberry
22. Ambassador
23. A good time**
24. Little Shell
25. Black Tea
26. Welcome to. . .
27. A Day with Edge
28. Six Skeletons pt1
29. Six Skeletons pt2
30. Sunday Morning
31. Spiders & Anime
32. Agile the Spider
33. A surprised phone call
34. Brother, dear
35. As it Is.
36. Walls of Bones
37. lowercases
38. Under the rug
39. The Park
40. Red & Edge
41. Anger
42. Monster Alcohol
43. Songs for Shots
44. In These Words
45. Capture the Human
46. Interlude
47. Black and Mutt

16. Little Miss

6K 266 971
By ItsSwapPapyrus

"Sweetheart, are ya alright?" Red asked the moment you walked through the door. Arms piled with plastic mags filled with groceries. A pained grunt came from you as Red quickly helped take the load off of you.

"I'm fine.." you muttered, feeling relieved after having the weight carried off. You weren't so sure why you let Stretch go so easily, your brothers said that you were a pushover, Maybe that's the reason why? You still haven't forgiven him from using his magic on you, taking you through nausea-filled trips three times (the last one was to drop you off, he left straight away before you could do anything else.) and the headache you received the first time he...teleported? You into his room.

Walking up a few flights of stairs because you refused to go more than one trip up them, nearly cost you your arms. Normally you'd complain but you had a stinging feeling that it'll be a constant recurrence.

"Nuh-uh, don'give me that." Red shook his head, placing the bags on the table. "We all heard 'he thuds from our room and heard ya screamin'." He looked through the bags, helping you put away the things with you showing where they belonged.

"...I know. I was scared for a while. I mean, I was basically kidnapped by someone I thought I could trust..." you muttered to yourself, feeling through the thin bag of macaroni. A frown on your glossy lips as you thought about Stretch's words.

You were a form of Sincerity. Monsters had this whole setup about soul traits and how it's different to each humans while theirs is an inverted white or grey heart. The colour of their magic showed which trait they had. What were the traits again? Bravery, Integrity and... and something else, Justice and kindness?

"Can... you tell me about souls? And.. a monsters sense of smell?" You asked, putting the bag of macaroni bits in the pantry and looked at Red. "Stretch said my scent was Baked Cocoa powder and Caramel."

Red visibly recoiled, blobs of red sweat appearing on his skull as he shoved a box of cereal on top of the fridge. "He, uh, he told ya 'bout that?"

You hummed, stacking the dried foods in the pantry. "Yes. He also said I was... Sincerity and my friend was Greed" Pausing in your stacking, you looked over your shoulder. What scent were you to Red?

"Yep." Red spoke, continuing. "She's determination mixed with Greed. S'why 'er soul's darker."

You furrowed your eyebrows, holding onto a bag of frozen vegetables. "I only know the minimum, like its your whole culmination to monsters—it's different towards humans because we have cells and skin." You grabbed the cereal box and placed it on top of the fridge. "When it comes to monsters, you guys rely on your magic..." You sheepishly grinned. "Please correct me if I am wrong.."

"S'not the only thin' we use our souls fer." Red chuckled, moving over so you could put the vegetables in the freezer. "We use it ta reproduce, ta have sex."

"...oh..." You paused, holding onto a box of cereal while trying to fight down the blush that threatened to show.

"But, Souls 're what they 're. They 're ya. Take damage and ya whole body takes damage."

"That was the boringest explanation ever." You deadpanned, putting loaves of bread in the pantry, making sure it wouldn't get squished.

"Talk ta Sans 'bout it. He'll fill you in much more. Souls 're a touchy situation fer me." He shrugged. You frowned, were you bothering him by asking him about souls? Should you just look it up on the internet? Then again, you should never trust the internet about things you want to look up. False information and misleading titles, and everything unpleasant.

"Alright. I'll try to get Sans to talk to me about it." You smiled, although it didn't reach your eyes. Red frowned.

"Yenno, Y/n. All this talk 'bout souls, is gettin' m'really hot 'n bothered."

"Red!" You shouted, face blooming in brilliant red. Ear tips matching the colour of your cheeks.

With the way he talked, you never knew he was a flirt—and to say those things to you!
Covering your face with the frozen meat pack, a strange noise came from you, and you were sure that steam would have came from your ears if this was a cartoon.

Red's bellowed laughter didn't help your embarrassment, crouching down, you grabbed your sweater and tied the strings, successfully covering your blush.

"Shit, Dollface," Red chuckled as he moved to crouch in front of you. His phalanges softly tugging at the strings. You helped and fell back into your bottom. "If I knew ya were gonna react like that, I would've said sumthin' earlier."

"Noooo~!" You pleaded, trying to ignore the flutter in your stomach and how light you suddenly felt. You felt... relaxed around him.

Like you knew him since childhood.

When the flutter went away, you slowly pulled your hood open, eyes on the floor as you didn't want to see the stupid charmed grin on Red's mouth.

"Nah, imma keep doin' it." He chuckled, helping you back on your feet. With a defeated huff, You glared at him—but he opened his mouth, made a biting motion and wiggled his brow bones.

You blushed harder, throwing a loaf of bread at him and quickly retreated to the couch, laying down and covering your head underneath the pillows.

"You're so infuriating!" you screamed into the pillow, a light laugh coming from you as Red dropped himself near your toes. A heartfelt laughter coming from him—although it stopped almost instantly when the door to your apartment opened with a loud creak. You cringed softly and quickly sat up, adding distance between you and Red and pulled out your phone, trying to act nonchalant.

Red sent you a look but you didn't have the time to say anything as your friend peeked out from the doorway.

"Y/n, babe!" Your friend grinned, walking towards the spot in between the two of you and wrapped her arms around Red first before giving you a hug herself.

"Welcome back." You smiled, patting her back before pulling away. Grabbing your phone, you smiled softly at Red and got up. The look he gave you was almost pleading when your friend rewrapped her arms around him, pulling him to her chest as she kicked off her shoes. You shook your head at that and put away her shoes, returning to the kitchen to put away the rest of the groceries.

Your phone buzzed on the table, making you shut the refrigerator door—ignoring Red's half-assed replies, you grabbed your phone and blinked softly.

"Uh...Hello?"

"Baby sis!." You flinched, moving the phone from your ear. "It's me, Josh. I'm just calling to let you know that mom's party is going to be early. Like, a week early since she and Dad want to travel for her actual birthday."

"Her party isn't until the 31th," You spoke, moving your phone to your other ear and stored the bread in the pantry.

"Yeah, But she wants it early. BBQ, music, and jazz. You comin'?"

You glanced over your shoulder to your friends on the couch and thought over your working schedule. It was way too early to ask for a day off, not to mention that you were still on trial run for the restaurant and Muffet might need the help next week—not to mention that party at the restaurant.

"Josh..." you sighed softly. "I can't. I just got a job, if I asked for a day off—what do you think they would-"

"Is it because of your monster friends?" Josh laughed, cutting you off. "They're not worth it, Sis. Just come home for a few hours to celebrate!"

Your nose wrinkled. "Josh, it had nothing to do with them. I really did get a job—Two! Actually. I start my shift soon-"

He cut you off again. "Nah, Sis. I'll call ahead and tell them you got a doctor's leave. Easy!"

"Josh!" You screamed hearing something drop on the other end, the background noise was instantly silenced. "I seriously don't need you to do anything for me at this point. Tell mom that I am sorry for not attending her party, I'll send something to her hotel later. Right now I need to get ready for work and focus on my studies."

The silence in the line unnerved you, you hoped that your words weren't too harsh. Hell, you felt bad on those words alone. Hitting your bottom lip, you slowly placed the can on the counter.

"Josh?" You called, voice small.

"Haha, that's actually the first time I heard you shout." Despite the laugh, his voice was monotone. Almost robotic. "Say, Y/n. Do you hate me? Why are you yelling at me through the phone, mhm?"

You shivered, holding onto the counter to support yourself. Opening your mouth to reply, you found that the words were stuck in your dry throat.

"Do you hate mom that much? Is work really important than spending time with family?" Your brother chuckled.

"Just because you live hours away does not mean you have the right to use such tone on your older brother. Now, Y/n. What do you say?"

1: Josh dragged you by the ankles up above the staircase, ignoring your cries and pleads as he laughed and coo'd. "you're such a good sister, Y/n." He would say while pulling down the attic stairs.

2: "Y/n, say that it was your fault." Josh whispered, keeping his eyes on the bleeding kid who cried and wailed in the middle of the park. A woman and a man ran over along with your parents, the four adults frantic as other children were quickly pulled away.

"Say it was you fault, Y/n." Josh hissed, gripping your arm tighter.

3: "Josh, please." You sobbed, holding your hands above your mouth to silence the hiccups. "Don't leave me up here..." You whispered as Josh waved and locked the passage to the rest of the house.
"See you in three hours, Baby Sis!" He laughed.

You blinked away the pooling tears, barely minding that it streamed down your cheeks. Covering your mouth to stop the sob, you inhaled shakily.

"Well?" Josh hummed.

"I'm sorry... it's my fault." You hiccuped, the headache of constant crying catching up to you as Josh's happy-go-lucky attitude came back. The background noise was back to life as well as he bid his goodbyes and hung up without another word.

Looking at your phone, the screen blurred with tears as you placed it on the table and quickly made your way towards your room but before you even got to the hallway, your shoulder roughly collided with another.

You barely registered what happened until you were slammed against the wall, the back of your head banging on the drywall making small black dots appear.

"Shit, doll, are ya okay?" Red cursed, immediately going to your side but paused at the distant look in your glassy eyes.

"Y/n?" Your friend called, removing Red from your side—to which he growled.

"I'm fine. I'm sorry." You shook your head, wrong move. Groaning softly at the increased pulsing, you slowly took your friend's arms from you. "I'm going to nap before my shift.."

"Wait, you might have a concussion!" Your friend pouted, pulling you to the couch and pushed you down. You whined softly and cradled your forehead in your palms. Lightly circling your temples.

"I'm fine, I just need some sleep." You muttered, wiping away the tears that stained your cheeks.

"Nah, yer friend's right. Here, lemme help ya." Red spoke, looking at your friend for a second. When she reluctantly nodded her head, he gently placed his palms over your hands. You nearly jerked away from his touch, thinking that she wouldn't like it but the soft hum of magic soothes you. A small whine escaped your lips as you lifted your head and leaned further into Red's touch.

Whatever he was doing, it helped you immensely. The pounding headache went away almost as quickly as it came... and you could hear a soft song in the distance. Furrowing your eyebrows, you tried to listen to the melody, leaning closer to Red's chest, the song became louder.

But before you could listen anymore, he pulled back with the fading colour of green.

"Yeah." Your friend spoke up, a bite to her tone. "Maybe you should sleep. You seem out of it. Go, go! Go to sleep!" She grabbed your arm, bumping Red away with her hip and pulled your to your feet. Still in a soft daze, you barely got on your feet without falling face first as she pushed you down the hall.

"Goodnight, Y/n." Your friend smiled as she opened the door for you and yanked you in. You hissed softly but made no objections as she pushed you onto your bed and pulled your pants down—kind of weird and very, very alarming but she didn't give you enough time to react as she covered you up with your blanket. A forceful smile on her lips as she kissed your forehead and quickly retreated.

Wrinkling your nose as the door clicked shut, you grabbed your pants and slipped it back on. That was fucking weird, even to her standards.

Should you do something? She didn't mean any ill intentions when she did it, she must've known you sleep in nothing but your undergarments. You looked at your window with a soft frown, winter was coming and it would be colder soon. Halloween and Christmas themed pj's were a must on your list for the next few months. Despite to sun pouring in your room, you turned your back to your window and closed your eyes.

Yet, you couldn't find yourself able to sleep. Your thoughts were all over the place and you couldn't place a finger on one topic before a new thought replaced the other. Like a busy beehive.

Sincerity and Green definitely didn't go together, you weren't dense and you sure as hell weren't that oblivious to see that line.

You still couldn't see why she was greed though—I mean, you could but it was because of her lifestyle. Unlike yours, where you had to work to get anything, she had everything at her fingertips. A few fashion trend? Ask dad. Want to go overseas? Done.

This apartment wasn't even yours to begin with, sure you paid for half but she did so much modifications to fit her person and what she stood for. Sure it wasn't as spaced as you thought she would go for, there were still some modifications done that were different to the other apartments in this complex, more high end security too.

You pursed your lips, grabbing your phone from your pants pockets and plugged it in.

Blinking softly, you stared at the wall.

Should you even be living in this apartment? You were basically a freeloader compared to the money your friend had. Looking at your palms, you nipped at your bottom lip. What did the other residents think about you two? Were you too loud? Or were you two just flaunting money in their face because of how much change she had done? Do they know you were like them?

Your phone buzzed besides you, starting you from your thoughts and at that point, you were grateful for the distraction. Quickly grabbing your phone, you furrowed your eyebrows at the unknown sender.

[UNKNOWN ID]
If two vegetarians have a fight is it still called beef?

A feeling swelled in your stomach, not sure if you wanted to laugh or cry about it, you raked your mind on who would send you something utterly random in the middle of the day. Stretch had your number, so it couldn't be him. You bit your lip and slowly typed out a response, hoping that you got it right or else you'll die of embarrassment—a recurring thread.

[XXX]
...sans? How did you get my number?

The three grey dots appeared on your screen. A sigh coming from you as you laughed softly.

[UNKNOWN ID]
Paps gave it to me hope it's alright

[XXX]
Oh, it's fine just please don't pass it around anymore ('△)

Clicking on his number, you typed a nickname and saved it before opening the new message.

[SANSational]
K. U didnt answer my question.

[XXX]
it depends on what is at steak

[SANSational]
Heh good one. Howzabout this.
Titanic.

You furrowed your eyebrows, simple texting question marks to his odd reference to the movie—or actual historic moment. Your phone buzzed once more and before you could stop yourself, you began to laugh.

Despite the pounding headache, you quickly silenced your laughter and texted Sans back and forth with witty puns (with you stealing some from the internet) and silly knock knock jokes.

Opening your eyes, you rubbed your eyes from the sleepiness, sitting up from your bed and glanced around your room. Huh, you must've fallen asleep after talking to Sans. Opening your phone, you apologized and said that you needed to sleep before your job today.

Changing into comfortable clothes, added a bit of makeup, and got ready to leave the apartment when the clock hits 8:30pm.

Saying your goodbyes to your friend, you walked down the stairs and to your car in large strides. The sky was littered with beautiful colours of purple, pink, blue and orange clouds.

"They say when an artist dies, God lets them paint the sky." A voice to your right suddenly spoke up. A startled yelp came from your lips as you backed away, nearly tripping over your own two feet if it werent for the already opened car door holding you.

"I'm sorry," the woman chuckled. "I didn't mean to startle you." She clasped her wrinkly hands together, closing her eyes and muttered a small prayer.

You blinked, unsure how to react. Letting her finish her prayer, she looked at your through oceans eyes.. and you felt captivated.

She was obviously elderly with wrinkles that told tales of her time, wisdom deep within her eyes and the gentleness in her smile nearly made you flush. Here you were, just about to enter your car only to be stopped by the beauty that is Ebott City and the canvas that was the sky, and an old woman is talking to you.

"My husband was an artist. His studio was always a mess but I enjoyed watching him paint." She smiled, looking up at the sky once more, her eyes glazed over with u tears. The fondness within them nearly made you choke a sob.

"But, he was an ass most of the time." Her face soured, making you recoil slightly. Gripping onto your car door tighter, you took a step back only for you to bump into the door.

She covered her wrinkled lips, hiding a smile from you. She shook her head and gestured you to give your hand. Furrowing your eyebrows, you compiled without another word. She softly held her hand with her right and lightly traced the lines with her left. Her lips no longer into a happy smile but a complicated line.

"You are in for a complicated path, my dear." She said, tracing the creases in your fingers before going back to your palm. "I see...Denial, dread and a dark shadow that looms." She pointed at your life line, then the one above it.

"What or whom is holding you down needs to let go and let you spread your wings, but I also see the fear and isolation that comes after." Her oceans eyes looked into your (colour) ones. "What are you afraid of, my dear?"

Before you could form an answer, she looked down to study your palm once more. Not that you couldanswer her, anyways. You were at a loss on what to do. Some strange lady appears out of nowhere and tells you about her husband and the sky and then proceeded to read your palms in the middle of the parking lot.

"A soul like yours, is something many others cherish. Do you see this crease?" She pointed and lightly traced your palm once more. "It is the complications you will face. New people who aren't of this world is bound to you and it is up to you if you want them to stay or to leave." She then went to your other palm. A small hum coming from her followed by a hearty giggle.

"Some are protective, some are overbearing. But they all will soon realize how much they love you." She furrowed your eyebrows, making more wrinkles to appear on her forehead. "The fear is all over you, is it not?"

"Be wary of those who speaks in hands." Her frown replaced the smile. Tugging deeply at the corners of her mouth as she gripped your hand tighter. "The life that is laid mustn't waver."

"You will know when the time comes when you need to let go of those who do you harm.. until then, keep trying to spread those wings and keep them close. Alright, sugarplum?" She kissed your knuckles, her lipbalm glossing your knuckle as she pulled away, sent you a smile before walking towards your building complex.

Blinking twice, you mouthed 'what the heck' and stood there for a second. Snapping out of the daze, you shook your head and slipped into your car.

By the time you got to the restaurant, you were stunned to silence. Staring stupidly at the building with your mouth opening and closing like a fish. It was the most extravagant looking place ever, the email mentioned a party was going to happen here, just how rich were those people to rent out this whole place?

White stonewalls that towered over the bare trees, trimmed twigs of the decorative hedges. Smoky-quartz stone steps with stone bowls that were used to light the path with fire, an overhead covering the white carpet from the occasional snowfall—two people in tailored suits were rolling up the carpet, lighting up the stones as the sun began to set, deepening the colours dancing in the sky. A lone blush dusted over your cheeks as one of the males turned to you, a warm smile on his mouth as he said something to the other.

You were kind of scared of seeing the inside of the restaurant.

"Hello, how may we help you?" The accent lacing his words made your insides twist. A funny feeling rising as you lowered your head—counted to three and met his stare.

"I'm here for the job opening? I got an email a few days back saying you were short on staff." Deep honey eyes stared you down. The slim face of the man smiled with his eyes squinting softly.

"You must be Y/n L/n. I am Sebastian Michaelis. It's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance." He placed his hand over his chest, leaning forward to a bow and took your hand.

"This, is Claude faustus. I am head waiter and he is my second." He gestured to the stoic male rolling the rug. He stopped for a second to look at you in greeting and continued on.

Sebastian was a tall man, so was Claude, and he had a slim porcelain face with black hair that deepened his honey brown eyes.

Claude was the same but instead of honey brown, he had deep honey gold eyes. Jet black hair pushed back neatly with rectangular glasses framing his eyes and a single beauty mark underneath his right eye.

"Let us finish lighting the walk way and we'll show you inside, alright?" He smiled gently, taking your car keys and tossed it to another man standing by the entrance. He caught it despite not paying attention, looking down at the keys than at you before nodding his head.

"W-wha—"

"Don't worry. He is simply parking the car in the employee's parking space." Sebastian spoke, taking out a lighter from his coat pocket and lit the stone bowls. One by one, they worked in harmony to light each one. Claude had others pick up the carpet and store it somewhere inside.

Feeling underdressed, you tugged at your sweater meekly and slowly followed after the two waiters.

They lead you through the dining hall, many circled tables with crisp clean cloth on top of it with lit candles, salt and pepper shakers with the beverage menus.

In the far side of the room held a stage with classical Instruments. The violin, cello, a grand piano and an authentic microphones tucked to the sides. The thick curtains were a ravishing red colour. On the other side of the room was the cash register and a section closed off for the workers to come and go from, near it was the restroom for both male and female.

Your gaze went to the ceiling, swallowed thickly at the decorations and lowered your head—you were really feeling underdressed.

Walking through the restricted area, you peeked through each doors that were left open. Many ovens with a lot of kitchen necessities, a room with a desk and chairs with shelves filled to the brim with books, another room which was used for fresh food and dried ingredients.

You pursed your lips into a thin line and quickly caught up with Sebastian. Claude leaving to attend the commotion in the kitchens.

"Your shift is the evening shift. From 10:30pm to 4:20am. If you have any complications with it, you may speak to the owner, Vincent Phantomhive. But for now, this," he gestured to a locker. "Will be your locker. You can leave your clothes and belongings within it, the lock is thumbprint so only you can access it." He clapped his hand, startling you.

The same male from before came over, handing your keys back and scurried away.

An amused glint appeared in his eyes before fading away with professionalisms. "Once you are changed, please come find me and i'll assign a waitress to start training you. The party is in two days, I do hope you can withstand our expectations and authority. If you need to talk, come find me or Mr. Phantomhive. I will notify him of your arrival." He took your hand and kissed your fingertips. A chuckle coming from him when he saw how red your face became.

"The changing area is in that room. I'll let you go now." He lowered his head in a bow and left you.

Rubbing your cheeks, you huffed silently and turned to the locker, your heart beating a million miles an hour during the whole tour. Now that you can go at your own pace, you felt so overwhelmed. Just what expectations they had of you? This is your first time doing any waitressing.

The lock chimed a small tone and a click was heard. Pulling the handle, you softly smiled as it opened effortlessly. Grabbing the uniform, you took a moment to examine it.

A simple black pencil skirt with matching vest, white blouse with a red tie. Black pantyhoes, two inch heels with a golden buckle and an apron wrapped around the waist.

You pucker your lips in thought. Nodding your head approvingly as you stuffed your phone and keys into the slots and locked the door as it clicked and chimed to confirmed its lock.

Opening the door to the changing area, you twisted the door lock and looked at yourself in the mirror. Your hair was over your shoulder. Taking the elastic from your wrist, you styled it into a back bun. Satisfied with it, you began to change into the uniform.

Oh mygod, you were you?? Adulting!?

Fighting back a smile, you clipped on the bowtie and took a step back to examine yourself in the mirror.

A giddy smile appeared on your lips as you gathered your clothes, exited the changing room and unlocked your locker via thumbprint. Putting the hanger on the small pole, you grabbed your phone and switched it to silent before closing the door once again.

"You must be Y/n." A voice spoke behind you. You flinched slightly and turned around to face the woman. A small, confident smile gracing your lips.

"Yes." Is...is that all? Just a 'yes?' You bit your lip.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. I am Hannah, head waitress. I will be training you tonight," she stood a step from the door, gesturing to the hall. "Shall we begin?"

chapter end note: *Throws main characters from other platforms as background characters*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1K 302 16
Sans has always had a fascination toward humans. When you arrived his innocent interest became a disturbing obsession. Over a short amount of time y...
2.6K 133 16
(แด แด€ส€ษชแดแดœs sแด€ษดs แด€ษดแด… แด˜แด€แด˜สส€แดœs แด€แดœs x ส€แด‡แด€แด…แด‡ส€) ||แด€ษดแด… แด›สœแด‡ษด ษช ษขแด แด€ษดแด… sแด˜แดษชสŸ ษชแด› แด€สŸสŸ ส™ส sแด€สษชษดษข sแดแดแด‡แด›สœษชษดษข sแด›แดœแด˜ษชแด… สŸษชแด‹แด‡ "ษช สŸแดแด แด‡ สแดแดœ."|| Life was merciful enough to...
52.1K 1.9K 41
what would you do if all of a sudden some small skeletons appeared out of nowhere one night and we're so small and helpless you couldn't say no to. S...
503K 12.3K 47
[Completed] [[Lemon and Swear Warning]] [2019 Jan Note: This book dates back to 2017, where my grammar and spelling checks weren't efficient due to m...