Assassins at Dusk (KOTLC FanF...

By _Sibylline_

Sophie grew tired of the constant Neverseen attacks that were terrorizing the Elven population, along with he... More

A/N (Really important to the story)
Prologue
Ch. 1 - The Titan
Ch 2- The Reaction
Ch 3- The Freak
Ch4- The Break In
Ch 5- The Preperations
Ch. 6- The Private Dance
Ch.7- The Disaster
Ch. 8- The Deal
Wow!
Ch. 9- The Chaos
Ch. 10- The Falls
Ch. 11- The Key
Ch. 12- The Sparring Match
IDK ABOUT SLEEP ITS SUMMERTIME (KOTLC Memes)
Ch. 13- The Re-Awakening
Ch. 14- The Corrupt
Ch. 15- The Secret
Ch 16- The Surprise
Ch. 17- The Date
Ch. 18- The Left Behind
Ch. 19- The Washed Up
1k Celebration- Meet the Author!
Ch. 20- The Stolen
Chapter 21- The Waken
Chapter 22- The Swarm
Ch. 23- The Castle
Ch. 24- The Uprising
Ch. 25- The Slashed Dagger
Ch. 26- The Announcement
2k Celebration! Explore Renisanca with me!
Ch. 27- The Quiet Moment
Ch. 28- The Package
Ch. 29- The Rush
Ch. 30- The First Strike
Ch. 31- The Whisper
Ch. 32- The Betrayed
Ch. 33- The Invaders
Ch. 34- The Full Transformation
Ch. 35- The Loss
Ch. 36- The Sacrifice
Ch. 37- The Sibling
Ch. 38- The Event
Ch. 39- The Animal
Ch. 40- The Truth
Ch. 41- The Escape
Ch. 42- The Reunited
Ch. 43-The Childhood Home
~Act 2~
1~Not a Vacation~
2~Not Going as Planned~
3~A Note?~
4~Honoring the Dead~
5~An Intruder~
6~Scrambling to Protect~
7~Caught off Guard~
5k Celebration!
8~ Hell breaks loose~
9~Promise me~
Oneshot 1~
10~Under the bed~
11~Time to go Underground~
12~Please Remember Us~
14~Leaving Behind Words~
15~Crawling out of his hole~
16~Tucked away Hideout~
Character Playlists, Update, and more...
17~New kids around~
18~A Hallucination and the Little Stand~
19~Never Again~
20~I Remember... Everything~
21~It's Complicated, Okay?~
22~Infiltration Prep~
23~Limp Ragdoll~
24~A Shadow of Your Mistakes~
25~The Lost Book~
26~A Wrong Purpose~
27~The Queen had Returned~
28~The Family has Come~
Woah...
29~The Key and Hidden Keyhole~
30~Swim with the Current~
31~No Time for Rest~
Soruy Oneshot and Q&A
32~Never Alone~
33~Not as Close as you Thought~
33~Hiding Away~
34~Underground Kingdoms~
35~He's Our Brother Too~
36~A Bloodthirsty Murderer~
37~Pieces aren't lining up~
38~One Way to Prove it~
39~Are they Growing Intelligent?~
40~You Need to Meet Someone~
41~Something in the Stone~
42~It is no Coincidence~
Second Book in the Series.

13~Talking to an Old Friend~

2.8K 53 24
By _Sibylline_

Maha POV

"Gwen, please come in," Emery said from his office. Maha was using her elven alias in the council to keep a close eye on the elves. Sophie knew that the elves would try to figure out who returned Sofia, and assigned Maha as their lead spy in the lost cities to cover up as much information as possible, while the assassins back at the guildhall discuss their next move.

"Hello councilor Emery, I have some questions about the information you want to send out to the civilians of the Lost cities," Maha said, carefully hiding her accent.

"And what would that be?" Emery asked, leaning forward on his desk.

"With these notices, you sent out; it seems you included extra details that weren't given to us by the Vackers. Do you have any extra clues on who these mystery figures are?" Maha asked, her fake elven accent sharp. Emery tensed and looked to the side, avoiding her gaze.

"Councilor?" Maha asked.

"I have some educated guesses on who they could be. That is all."

"Oh, well, should I summon the rest of the council to discuss it with you? Since you have some ideas on who-"

"No!" Emery jumped up, startling Maha. Maha looked at him with a fake perplexed look, and Emery quickly regained his composure.

"I will tell them myself, thank you for reminding me, Gwen. If you could reorganize my files while I tell them, then you could go home for the day." Emery said quietly, nervously getting up from his desk. Maha thanked him and watched him walk out the door and down the hall, pretending to tell the other councilors.

"So he thinks that it is the Vatarians," Maha said quietly to herself. Maha searched through Emery's document's, grabbing anything of value.

"What do you think you are doing?" Emery snapped. Maha dropped the papers and glanced at him.

"Just reorganizing-"

"So you are a traitor then!" Emery said.

"Fuck it..." Maha raised her hand.

"You never saw anything. You are going to return to the hall and return to your procrastinating." Maha said in an intoxicatingly beautiful voice.

"I will return to the hall and return to my procrastinating," Emery repeated with a dead voice, leaving the room. One of the Cyevan spies peeped their head in and stared at Maha open-mouthed.

"You are a Mesmer?!" Her fellow spy asked.

"Didn't I mention?" Maha said sweetly, picking the papers and important items, before darting out the door.

Maha slammed the doors wide open and walked in with a handful of papers, throwing them down on the large table where at least twenty assassins were gathered around, including Sophie.

"He is getting suspicious. I burned any information he has on the city's location, but he knows the Vatarians might have survived the attack, and might be vengeful towards him. He isn't worried about the elves, he is worried about himself." Maha said, taking her spot around the table. People snatched up the documents and observed them, including Sophie.

"Ugh, Mentore, once we encounter Emery, do I have permission to sink my blade in his stomach?" One of the assassins asked. Sophie snorted.

"You are going to have to fight others for that opportunity, including myself." Sophie joked, going through the papers. Alexios sifted through the documents, chuckling as he did.

"It seems only Emery, Nolan, and Viela authorized to give away the information about Inalia to the Neverseen, and then they erased the rest of the council's memories. They have been secretly convening to discuss if the 'mysterious figures' could be Vatarians that are going to take revenge. They still are denying that the Neverseen actually attacked Inalia, but it seems they all know the truth." Alexios said, his hands crumpling the paper. Alvar admitted what the council did to the rest of Inalia, secretly releasing it into the paper, and they were furious, but they knew that the rime would come when Emery needed to be served justice. Everyone turned to Sophie and Ruy for answers, being the two highest up members in the guild.

"I think we need to reveal ourselves," Sophie said quietly.

"What?!" Every screeched at the table. Sophie ran her fingers through her hair and looked at her assassins.

"The news got out that there is another organization out there, and they are going simply to get in our way trying to figure out who we are." Sophi reasoned. Everyone was either silent or mumbling.

"Trust me, this is the last thing I want to do, but it seems to be the best option here. We still assert our authority and tell them how much we have of a grip on their cities. I have a friend outside of Inalia that could help us as well." Sophie reasoned. Everyone still looked skeptical, and Sophie sighed.

"Take some time, discuss with your comrades and superiors, if you have any better ideas, I am all ears. We will reconvene tomorrow." Sophie said, getting up from the table and stretching out her back. Everyone agreed and started to filter out.

"What are you going to be doing before we reconvene?" Ruy asked as Sophie grabbed a set of armor and start to put it on.

"Say hello to an old friend," Sophie mumbled, smiling at Ruy and walking out the room.

King Dimitar POV

Dimitar paced around the throne room, princess Ro watching from the side of the room.

"Ro put up the picture of them again," Dimitar commanded, pointing to a hologram. Ro pressed some buttons, and the pictures of the mysterious figures appeared on the screen. Dimitar observed them for the thirtieth time, and Ro groaned.

"Dad, can you just tell me what's going on?" Ro groaned. Dimitar hushed her and continued to observe the two figures. Dimitar focused on the female one and saw the empty arrowhead sewn onto the red sash tied around her waist.

"They are alive... the Assassins," Dimitar mumbled. Dimitar's mind flashed back almost 25 years ago when he was approached by a hooded figure, claiming he was from a secret race called the Vatarians. He removed his hood to reveal his brown eyes and introduced himself as the Assassin Mentore Allesandro Morretti, and how he wanted to ally with King Dimitar. Dimitar became close friends with Allesandro and the Assassins, and when he heard that Inalia was attacked, he was devasted, and how the elves sold out Inalia to the Neverseen. It is what mostly caused his hatred towards the elves.

"Ro, I need to tell you a story about-"

"I can tell her if you wish you highness." A voice sounded from above the throne room. Ro and Dimitar's head whipped upwards and saw the same hooded figure laying in the window sill high above the throne room.

"Allesandro?" Dimitar asked, his voice hopeful for once. The figure stiffened at the name, and simply shook their head.

"He passed almost nine years ago during the attack on Inalia. I am the new Mentore." The figure sounded. Dimitar deflated slightly and went on the defensive.

"How did you rebuild the Assassins? Allesandro is dead, his daughter is dead, they lost everything! How do I know I can trust you?!" Dimitar snapped. The figure chuckled as if hearing a pathetic little comment from an underclassman.

"Your highness, we have met before, and you have trusted me then. But I guess I was going under a different name then." The figure said cooly, jumping down from the window sill and landing in the throne room silently. Dimitar observed the figure for anything he could use to recognize them, but the only thing he could gather was that they were a female. Either a Lith, Vatarian, or Elf.

"No need Dimitar, I will gladly show you my identity." The figure said warmly. Dimitar started to pace, the elves told every race if they had any information on these mysterious figures that they should contact them. Dimitar heard the figure's rustle of clothing, most likely removing their cowl and hood, but Dimitar honestly didn't know if he should turn around. Dimitar heard a gasp from Ro, who had her hands over her mouth and was staring at the figure wide-eyed.

"Sophie?" Ro whimpered. Dimitar whipped around and stared at the brown-eyed girl.

No, woman. Brown-eyed woman.

Her shoulders were squared and proud, she no longer cowered in his presence. Her hair was long and braided into a traditional Vatarian hairstyle. Her body was well worn and muscular, probably from the Assassin training. She wore armor and was well armed with blades, knives, and more. She didn't look like Sophie, but she also did. The more Dimitar looked, the more he saw that little girl in her. But in her Vatarian armor, hair, and just the aura around her, Dimitar saw more of her father in her. Dimitar cursed at himself for not seeing her before, not seeing Allesandro in her before.

"Amalia." Dimitar breathed.

Soooooo Allesandro was friends with King Dimitar?! Who would have guessed?

I hope you enjoyed the new chapter!

Please remember to vote, follow, share, and comment!

_Sibylline_

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 1.7K 54
2/14/22: #1 in sokeefe!! Love, Keefe. Love, Keefe. Love, Keefe. Sophie couldn't seem to get the words out of her head. ~~~~ "You never know how much...
114K 635 72
Sophie eventually comes to a point in her life when she knows she has to choose. Fitz or Keefe? Which will work out? And when she finally makes a dec...
8K 185 33
This fanfic takes place after Unlocked, which ends (spoiler alert) with Keefe leaving. Sophie's feeling pretty awful, but the Neverseen is still a th...
1.8K 49 30
What if someone close to Sophie died? What if she couldn't get over it and became violent? What if Sophie made a mistake that she couldn't undo? What...