Writing Prompts

By howlmg

A collection of my daily writing prompts More

"She woke up that morning with skin like an Oompa Loompa..."
"She fell to her knees and kissed the ground. She couldn't believe..."
"The two bicycles raced down the driveway in a heated battle
"He had been the one god the Egyptians never noticed..."
"I could hear the bullets split the wind as they whizzed past my ears..."
Two Field Mice
He was like a merman
He was like a merman (pt. 2)
Dirty Dishes
Jump Tower
Vending Machine
10/14/19
10/15/19
10/20/19

"The grass felt so damp and fresh beneath her feet..."

3 0 0
By howlmg

"She turned to her sister and said..."

"Well, Jane," Lena paused. "This is grass." And then she started crying, hoarse, choked off tears. Jane was crying too. Amidst the tears, they stood there, meters from their landing pod, their bare feet in grass and soil. They were taking it in, they feel of life beneath their toes. A breeze, not strong enough to be a wind, brought earthy scents to their nostrils.

Catching her breath, Jane asked, "Do you think... Do you think this is what Mom and Dad will have experienced?"

Wiping at her face, Lena responded, "Yeah, I think this is exactly what they saw. And felt." Taking a deep breath, "Right." She turned back towards their downed pod. "We had better see if we can wake up Max. We'll need him if we're going to find Mom and Dad."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

434K 15.7K 44
Vikram, a senior officer, prioritizes his duty above all else, much like his father, ACP Rajendra. He has three siblings: one is an officer, and the...
283K 20.6K 25
Avantika Aadish Rajawat Aadi, with his fiery nature, adds intensity and excitement to their relationship, igniting a spark in Avni. Avni, like the ca...
262K 16.7K 47
The feeling of being abandoned by one's own family was not unknown to Aadhira. She hates her family for abandoning her when she was only a newborn, l...
605K 20.3K 168
The young lady from the Xue family was talented and beautiful, and married the dream husband at the age of 16. They had a loving and harmonious relat...