The Ebb & The Flow (Boy x Boy)

Av PleasantMajority

A slice of life? A coming of age? This story follows two teens Wyatt, a seemingly mute boy. And River, your a... Mer

Chapter 1: The Flow
Chapter 2: The Ebb
Chapter 3: Head in the clouds
Chapter 4: Lover Boy
Chapter 5: 24/7/365
Chapter 6: Sweet Like Candy
Chapter 7: Orpheus
Chapter 8: If Only
Chapter 9: Barricades
Chapter 10: Sunny Side
Chapter 11: Teenage Blue
Chapter 12: Puchito
Chapter 13: Apollo
Chapter 14: Firsts For Everything
Chapter 15: The Shadows
Chapter 16: My Heart and My Car
Chapter 17: Warned You
Chapter 19: I Love You So
Chapter 20: Unbothered
Chapter 21: Sweet Marie
Chapter 22: Bad Girl
Chapter 23: One Last Time
Teasers: Only In The Dark
Q&A

Chapter 18: Lover

3 0 0
Av PleasantMajority

A/N: Hi guys, we're back! If you caught that reference congratulations. I would give a cookie but that's a logistical mess. So to make up for that here's a chapter!

***************

River:

"I-I can drive us to school in my car." I offered Wyatt who was fretting over his kid brother Aaron as we prepared for school.

"Are you sure?" Wyatt asked, his brows knitting up in confusion as I got distracted by Sherri joining us.

     Normally her outfits were stylish. But she looked comfortable. Not like that made her look bad. It just contrasted what she usual.

"I know. I'm pretty as fuck." Sherri teased when she caught me staring, doing a little spin.

     Wyatt and his sister shared a look I didn't quite understand. Though they seemed to have communicated a lot.

"Should I go and get my car?" I asked, Aaron fixing me with that inquisitive gaze of his.

"We can just head there together. Aaron needs a bit of a walk to wake up so he doesn't sleep in class." Wyatt grinned, ruffling his brother's hair.

     Collecting last second things we headed out into the chilly morning air. Fall was all but here; coming earlier to our town than many other places. Hopefully my car started today or we'd all be walking. I found butterflies fluttering in my stomach as we crossed the street over towards my house. My dad wasn't home, making me wonder if I needed to walk Marley first. Though walking around to the driver's side of my car I saw a note tucked under the windshield wiper.

"Marls had her walk! Love you kid." The note read.

      I pulled myself out of my stupor, opening the passenger side door of my mustang for the Maddox siblings.

"So positively retro. I love this car." Wyatt said teasingly, tacking on an obnoxious English accent.

"T-thanks." I stammered as Aaron cleared his throat. That kid was a future mastermind in the making.

     I climbed into the driver's side, praying as I turned the key in the ignition. A sigh of relief washed over me as the throaty v8 rumbled to life. I backed out when I was sure everyone had their seatbelts on. The old mustang seemed to be having a good day as I cruised us through town towards the middle school. Aaron was a pretty independent kid. Despite Wyatt filling the role their mother left empty they all had this self sufficiency I could only dream of having.

"Drop off line is long. Cya." Aaron told me as I caught on. I put the car in park, Wyatt letting his brother out.

"I don't have practice today. But I do have that peer meeting. Either me or Sherri will come and pick you up." Wyatt told his brother as they stood beside my car that was still managing a smooth idle.

"I have a cellphone." Aaron complained as Wyatt pulled him into a tight hug, exchanging an 'I love you' with his kid brother.

     Wyatt slipped into the car closing his door as I pulled off when we saw Aaron make it into the school.

"Seeing as i'll be studying abroad I won't be able to leave school for a few hours after." Sherri explained.

"Dad doesn't want us out alone. Did you have anyone to go home with?" Wyatt asked, turning back to look at his sister as we entered our school parkinglot.

"Sam basically lives at our house. So i'm using her company." Sherri informed him as Wyatt and her climbed out.

"Okay. Well i'll get Aaron." Wyatt told her before she left with a flamboyant wave.

"She's studying abroad?" I asked as I grabbed Wyatt's bags for him.

"Forever a gentleman." He smirked, getting up on his toes to peck me on the cheek with a soft kiss.

"And yeah. She's going to study software development. The university she's accepted to sees a lot of potential." Wyatt informed me as we headed for the school after I locked up my car.

"I'm just going to community college first. Can't let my dad pay for college." I admitted sheepishly.

"Admirable." He smiled, his response growing more simple as our proximity to other people shrunk.

"Nice ride freak. Can't believe you're scoring with someone out of your league." I heard a familiar voice speak ahead of me and Wyatt as we made our way through the parkinglot. His insults weren't even that good anymore. It was the same lines over and over.

     Wyatt rolled his eyes as I felt my heart race and my fists clench with anxiety. The little Wyatt walked right up to Braden and his lackeys unfettered by the fact they looked pretty intimidating.  He grasped a bottle of water from Braden, looking like he was going to dump it over Braden's head. But he practiced restraint, handing it back to him before roughly dusting off his clothing with a challenging smile.

    Wyatt looked back at me, clicking his tongue as I caught up, steering clear of Braden and his idiotic troupe that sneered at me. I was in for it later. And I couldn't have Wyatt protecting me. It just felt wrong. Our journey into the school was swift, not one other person saying anything harsh.

"Just give me permission to kick their asses one good time." Wyatt groaned as he leaned beside me as I rummaged through my locker.

"I'm fine Wy-Wy." I said, feeling safe on the lonesome hall my locker was on so long as I had company.

     He heaved a frustrated sigh, tangling his fingers in his kinky hair.

"I should be protecting you." I told him as a paper slipped from my locker.

"Is it because you'd top me?" He asked, feigning hurt as my cheeks burned as I crouched down to pick up the paper; a small chuckle coming from him as I did so.

"N-no." I stammered as he peered into my hands at the folded up paper.

     I opened the paper, seeing the typical flyer for the fall formal. I went my sophomore year with Joshua as my 'date'. He insisted that even if I hadn't asked anyone out or been asked I should go. We had a good time for the most part until Braden thought it was a good idea to pour ice-cold punch down my pants.

"Want to go?" Wyatt asked, eyes twinkling.

"Di-did you want to? Its okay if you don't want to go with me. I'm sure other people would like to ask you." I stammered, feeling like I shot myself in the foot multiple times. It was just a dance. I couldn't really be upset if other people wanted to go with Wyatt platonically.

"You're my boyfriend silly. First dibs always." He smiled, rolling his eyes playfully at my blunder.

"Really?" I asked, kind of in disbelief. Sure I'd asked him to be my boyfriend and he'd said yes. But I still hadn't had the reality of that sink in fully.

     He nodded as the warning bell rang, his gaze dropping. That drive to look out for him came back. Heck I just wanted to be the person people came to for comfort instead of always being comforted myself.

"Are you alright?" I asked, wanting to know the cause of his sudden shift.

"I just don't like our first period today." He replied, his smile weak.

     I wanted to press him on the subject but he had a wall of sorts up that I was too nervous to approach.

"O-okay." I said.

     We headed to class, taking up our usual seats.

"So its very nice to see you all progressing so well with your babies. So far no casualties. Though some of you are making too many mistakes and i'll send out emails." Mr Green spoke, Wyatt finding doodling in his notebook to be more interesting.

      I kind of spaced out, thinking of nothing but Wyatt and what could be on his mind. And class went by pretty quickly. Me and Wyatt got up to leave together when class ended

"Maddox. Could I have a word?" Mr. Green asked, Wyatt's gaze flitting over to meet mine.

"I'll catch up." Wyatt told me as I leaned down and gave him a quick kiss. It seemed to soothe his nerves over as I left, heading down the halls feeling a knot in my stomach.

      I ran into Joshua quite literally for the first time today.

"You sly dog you. Spending the night at his place." He instantly commented as we made our way through the halls towards our next class. Though my mind was on Wyatt and I wad distracted.

"We didn't do anything." I replied sheepishly, that rush of confusing emotions bothering me.

"I figured. You don't have that after intercourse glow." He snickered as we walked. I looked back in the sea of faces as we headed to gym. I didn't see Wyatt. But I also didn't want to be interrogated about my feelings so i'd play it cool despite the ball of nerves forming in my stomach.

"I don't know if he's ready." I ventured as I turned my attention back to Joshua who seemed amused.

"I can tell he'll be a lot of fun. And I mean that in the most respectful ways." Joshua grinned.

"Joshua." I groaned as we entered the gym.

     Our class usually got dressed out before Mr. Green got here seeing as he had our class right after human development. So me and Joshua headed into the gym. Though he headed off to chat with some of his soccer team friends. I could look after myself and I was glad he was starting to see that. Plus I didn't have a monopoly on his friendship. Just as I finished getting changed Wyatt had entered the locker room, eyes hopeful as they landed on me.

"What's wrong?" I asked, worried.

"I..." He began, his voice trailing off as he lowered it, tugging at the hem of his t-shirt.

"Promise me you won't tell anyone else this. I don't want to make a mess." He ventured on, his tone barely above a whisper as he quickly began changing.

"I promise." I assured him.

      He bit his lip, seeming to want to back out the moment he committed to telling me whatever it was that was on his mind. My mind was racing trying to answer the revelation ahead of time.

"Mr Green did it." He said softly, his voice meek as I saw tears welling up in his eyes. I was confused at first until I tied things together. On his neck was a sign that something happened; a bruise from a mouth. I made it a goal of mine to never leave marks on Wyatt; I found him too pretty to do something like defacing him.

"Did you want to skip?" I asked instantly, and rather dumbly.

"I... I'm not made of glass." He told me, taking a deep breath and calming the quivering in his voice right that instant.

"Is there anything I can do?" I proposed.

"I'll...Handle it." He said, sounding stronger now.

       I didn't anger often. But knowing the man who forcefully took something from Wyatt that he could never get back had me infuriated. Though I don't think it bubbled to the surface as I stood there stiffly. I wanted to tell my father and get some justice. But I didn't want to break promises with Wyatt. But just as much as I wanted to hold onto this information for his sake. I also wanted to share it. It left me feeling conflicted as Wyatt drew closer to hug me, burying his face in my chest.

"I'm driving you and your brother home from school. Okay?" I sighed, relaxing into his embrace.

"I'll be okay. I promise." Wyatt assured me, his voice muffled by my chest as he looked up at me with the most confusing expression. Tears and a weak smile.

****************

A/N: This story has a lot of atypical ways of dealing with things such as trauma. Some coping mechanisms are unhealthy. Though there are other glimmers of light where characters deal with things in healthy ways. Wyatt telling someone so soon after he himself found out was theoretically good. Though that is instantly countered by him not wanting River to reveal his secret. But at the same time its his experience. And he can share it whenever he wants.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

68 9 11
After having his entire world turned upside down, Oliver Lee leaves to attend a summer camp in hopes of escaping reality. There he finds his one an...
83.1K 1.6K 5
❝Do you think we're going to make it?❞ ❝We have to.❞ - in which Dan steps out into a world full of wonder, holding his lover's loose hand and...
737 206 46
Two teenagers fall in love in a society beyond repair. Oliver and Calvin will do anything to live the perfect little lie that they wind themselves up...
10.5K 145 27
All six of the boys manage to survive and work together to kill the Grabber. They met as mostly strangers but left as friends who bled together. Finn...