The Love Project (ShuichixKok...

By novacationn

Shuichi Saihara's trying to live his best life without any trickery, lying, or scheming. It's going pretty we... More

Assigning Partners
I Fell For You!
A Robot's Advice
Sweet Dreams
Shumai it is!
Get to Work!
Shove your way to him
Purple and Green don't make Blue
Brain Freeze
A Detective's Fluttering Heart
A Declaration of War
Shuichi's Antenna
Tasteless Nightmares
Bracelets and Blueberries
Nosy and Annoying
Do you wanna die? (Kaito x Maki Side Story)
Rooftop Worries
Truthful Apologises
To the Mall!
Ice Cream, Photos, and Fluttering
A Fortune Teller's Wisdom
Burning Bridges
Shuichi's Hat
Letting You Go
Go Get Him!
Confessions
The Love Project
Author's Note
Second in Comand (Epilogue)
Author's note #2

Troublesome Note Passing

9.8K 367 674
By novacationn

Shuichi lets the ultimate supreme leader drag him into class by his arm. The two sit down in their respective seats as other students start to pile into the classroom.

Shuichi's mind swarms with thoughts about the conversation he'd just had with Maki and Kaito. Shuichi was trying to not think about it too much, but then he ran into Kokichi and Rantaro. He thought the two had been fight again, but when Kokichi accepted Rantaro's apology, his heart fluttered like crazy. It was nice of Rantaro to apologize to Kokichi, though Shuichi was still a little mad about what happened, but it was especially flustering when Kokichi explained why he had excepted his apology.

Now Shuichi was more confused than ever.

The rest of the class finally makes their way into the classroom and the bell rings. Shortly after, the teacher walks in.

"Good morning class! Today will be an independent work day, so after I take roll, please begin working on the individual parts of your project," She says, going on her computer to take roll. The class groans, however, Shuichi was relieved. Now he had some time to cool down and think about something else.

The teacher finishes taking roll and the class works in silence. Shuichi works hard on his part of the project, the thoughts of this morning slowly being replaced by thoughts of work. Shuichi was so into his work that he barely noticed the light tab on his knee.

The detective looks down at were he was poked to see a small, folded paper. Shuichi looks to see that Kokichi was the one handing it to him. He gulps as he slowly takes the paper from the leader's small hand, wondering why Kokichi was passing him a note in the first place. Shuichi quietly unfolds the note to read-

K- Im bored (( _ _ ))..zzzZZ

In small but messy handwriting. The detective smiles and rolls his eyes. Even when he writes, he adds emojis.

S- Then do your work

Shuichi writes. He subtly passes the note back to the purple haired boy and continues his work. Then, the note gets thrown onto his paper and Shuichi is interrupted once more.

K- Ew (T ^ T)

Shuichi sighs.

S- Good to know you're not doing any work

Shuichi passes the note back.

K- Says u! Mr. Makes me do al the work! (^)

Pass.

S- I didn't make you do it!

Pass.

K- But u made me feel bad T^T

Shuichi gives Kokichi a teasingly annoyed look before finally turning back to his work. He couldn't talk to him for too long or else he would start thinking about this morning again. After a few minutes of working, Shuichi gets poked in the knee again.

The blue haired boy looks back at the little leader to see another note. He grudgingly takes the note. It's reads-

K- Can I eat lunch with you again ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The memories of yesterday flash through Shuichi's mind. Could Kokichi handle it? He didn't want a repeat of what happened yesterday. Also, why did he want to eat with him anyways? He never ate with him before...

Shuichi can feel his face heating up again? No, it's not like that! The detective shakes his head and writes back to Kokichi.

S- You can.. but Rantaro and the others will probably be there

Pass.

K- That's okie! Like i said, were good now!

Pass.

S- Are you sure?

Pass.

K- Yup! Besides if that avocado decides 2 be a dick again, we can just go get slushees!
*:.. o(≧▽≦)o ..:*

Shuichi blushes once more.

S- Why do you want to sit with me anyways?

Pass.

K- I dunno! I just feel like it ʅ(◞‿◟)ʃ

Shuichi sighs.

S- If you want

Pass.

K- Yippee!! *:....:*'(*゚▽゚*)'*:.. ..:*・゜゚・*

Just as Kokichi was passing the note back to Shuichi, the teacher puts her hand between them.

"What do you two think you're doing?" She asks sternly. Shuichi's classmates turn their heads to see what was happening. Shoot!

Shuichi's face turns red from embarrassment.

"Uh..."

"I was helping Shuichi! He was confused about the project," Kokichi lies.

The teacher raises an eyebrow. "You? Helping Shuichi?" She questions, not sounding too convinced.

"Uh, yeah! I was...uh... very confused," the detective chimes in. He was trying to help, but he thinks he just made it worst.

"Uh- Huh. I'm sure," She says, crossing her arms.

"Ugh fiiinnee. Ya got me! We were talking about setting the school on fire!" The liar beams, smiling like an innocent child.

"What!?" Shuichi yells. "Why in the world would you say that?!"

"Kokichi," The teacher says again angrily. "Give the note to me or you'll be having a nice chat with the headmaster. I'm sure your parents wouldn't like it if you got in trouble again,"

Kokichi squints his eyes at the teacher.

"No,"

"Kokichi," says the teacher angrily.

"Nah!"

Kokichi crosses his arms and turns his head like a spoiled child. Oh come on Kokichi!

"Kokichi! Just give it to her!" Shuichi whispers. The purple haired boy turns to look at the desperate detective. He exhales an irritated sigh. Why was he annoyed? Shuichi should be the one who was irritated!

"Fiiiinnneee! You guys are no fun!" Kokichi finally says. He pulls the folded note of his pocket and holds it out for the teacher. She takes it from him and unfolds the note. No! Don't read it.

She stares at note for a bit and then raises an eyebrow. She gives the two a look before turning to go back to her desk. Shuichi heaves a breath of relief. At least she didn't read it out loud.

The detective and looks around at his classmates. Kaito and Kaede look like they're dying from trying to keep their laughter in. Maki shrugs her shoulders in a 'What were you even try to do?' motion. Rantaro looks at Kokichi with a smug smirk.

Shuichi rubs his face. That was a disaster.

The detective gets back to work without anymore interruptions. After what seemed like an eternity, the bell rings for the end of class.

Immediately, Kaito and Kaede come up to the blue haired boy.

"What was that Shuichi? I've never seen you get in trouble before!" Kaede giggles.

"Oh, uh... I don't know," Shuichi tries to laugh off.

"Reaaallly? Are you sure? Or maybe you're trying to get in trouble! Ya know, to get some alone time with you know who," Kaito teases. Shuichi turns red but tries to keep his cool.

"Be nice," Maki chimes in before it got too out of hand. "We'll see you at lunch Shuichi," She grabs Kaito by the collar on his shirt and pulls him out of the room with Kaede laughing behind them.

Shuichi watches them leave until he feels a familiar arm wrap around his. Not again...

However, what came after that was not so familiar.

"See you at lunch Shumaii~" Kokichi whispers in his ear. Then, Kokichi gives a little wave like nothing happened and skips out of the classroom. Shuichi is left stunned.

The detective covers his face.

What is your deal Kokichi?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

604 19 6
Once the paparazzo Shuichi Saihara meets the famous and mysterious actor Kokichi Oma, he starts off on a journey of self-growth, excitement and mostl...
11.8K 189 15
It's a regular day in the killing game and Shuichi encounters Kokichi Ouma. "Let's get out of here." "H-how.?!" Read to find out! ❤️💕
8.6K 227 22
⚠️ THERE MAY BE DANGANRONPA V3 GAME SPOILERS ⚠️ Two guys, one different from the other. An eccentric, extroverted, too direct one is full of energy...
7.7K 425 35
Welcome to the Conundrum Corporation. Where we strive to give h̶o̶p̶e̶ to the world. How? H̶o̶p̶e̶ F̶r̶a̶g̶m̶e̶n̶t̶s̶ From? H̶o̶p̶e̶-L̶i̶e̶s̶. What a...