Five Little Sacrifices

Oleh Veikari

Continuation for my first book Waiting for My Mate, I recommend to read that one first so this one makes more... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107

Chapter 26

672 28 20
Oleh Veikari

The night was dark and the sky was filled with dark clouds, but it wasn't raining. At least for now. On an empty street there was only one person walking by, a street lamp's light occassionally revealing the green colour of his hair as he walked past them.

Freed stopped as he arrived at an intersection, looked around and finally he turned left, walking along the new street. He didn't hurry as he knew there was no need for it. He walked over an another bridge, stopped again and followed the canal before turning into a new street. Now he was walking more confidently, as he was almost certain he was feeling Laxus' presence so he was somewhere around here.

He couldn't really explain it how he knew it. It was... A hunch. An instinct. Something like that. He rarely needed to rely on it so he wasn't really used to listen to it, but at situations like these it really was helpful. They were soulmates after all and just like Laxus was able to find him, he was able to do that same when he just followed his instincts.

And truth to be told, Freed wasn't really good at just purely following his instincts, leaving all the rational and logical thinking out. But he was pretty sure he would find Laxus. He had a feeling where to go so he just followed that feeling.

He stopped once again and glanced around. Laxus said he would go to drink and if his instincts were right and the lightning dragon slayer was still in Magnolia, he just needed to find a pub from the area where his feelings of Laxus' presence was strongest. At this area, there were only three places and one of them wasn't really Laxus' style, so that left two pubs to investigate.

Freed already had a pretty good picture which one of those places were the one where Laxus currently was. He took a new turn, walked along the street and finally stopped in front of the door. Just before soft drips were starting to fill the street and he stepped inside the old building.

It wasn't a big place, nor it was really special in any way. Just an ordinary bar where people could hang out, talk to each other, drink their worries away or drink until there was nothing more but worries in their mind. Only few guests were remaining, one of them just gazing somewhere far and two were talking with each other. They all completely ignoring the person who had stepped inside.

Freed huffed when he saw the last person and really, for one to not notice Laxus instantly when stepping in would be impossible.

Laxus was leaning against the table, still holding a stein with his other hand and there was only few drops left. It seemed like there was also a bottle of whiskey that was empty. So now Laxus was either so drunk that the owner didn't want to sell him any drinks anymore, or he was sleeping.

The rune mage stepped beside his Thunder God, gently touching his shoulder.

"Laxus", he said. "Come on, let's go home. You've had enough."

"The fuck I've had enough..." Laxus growled, but he sounded more groggy than intimidating.

"The owner will throw you out soon", Freed said looking at the counter where the owner had noticed him to approach Laxus. And he could see how relieved the small man was that someone appeared to get Laxus so he wouldn't need to be the one to try and get rid of the big, now also drunk mage.

"Like hell he will... I could use him as a toothpick..."

"Well, at least he won't sell you anything", Freed said. "So there's no reason for you to loiter around, you can't sleep here either."

For a while there was a silence, until Laxus shifted a little bit under his dark coat he had over his shoulders.

"Is Felix home alone?" he asked and Freed was happy to notice Laxus at least recognised who he was talking with and he was sober enough to be worried about his son being alone.

"No, he and Chester went to sleep over at Makarov's place", Freed said and he took away the stein, glad that Laxus wasn't trying to stop him. "He was excited as always to spend a night at his great-grandfather's house and Makarov even promised they could make a fort out of sheets with Chester", he smiled and heard a little grumbling chuckle.

"We used to do that with Gramps too once..." Laxus muttered.

"I'm sure Makarov is more than happy to help them to build that fort", Freed smiled. "Come on, it's long past midnight already."

With great efforts Laxus managed to straighten himself on his seat, but he seemed like he was ready to collapse at any second. Freed sighed and he pulled one of the strong arms around his neck.

"Up we go", he said and helped Laxus to stand up. "Is everything paid?" the rune mage asked looking at the owner.

"Just get him out, that's fine", he said while cleaning the counter. "I don't need to stay here the whole night or pay someone else to move him because I can't move that giant by myself", he smirked and Freed chuckled.

"I will visit here later and pay whatever is left", he promised and they stepped outside the pub.

"He said there's nothing left to pay", Laxus grunted, trying to straighten himself at least a little bit but still he was mostly leaning against his mate who kept him on his feet.

"Laxus, you know that will not do."

"Man, you're too dutiful sometimes..."

"Yes I am and I'm not going to feel bad about it", Freed said and he drew some runes in the air, creating a small dome over them like an umbrella to cover them from rain. "Now let's just get you home, I will make you something to eat and then you can sleep."

"Yeah... Guess so..." Laxus murmured, following Freed the best he could.

The fresh air sobered up Laxus just enough that he could at least walk again, even though he was still leaning against Freed somewhat when they arrived at their house. Freed opened the door and Laxus just kicked his shoes off and shoved his coat somewhere towards the rack.

Freed sighed taking his boots off and assembled them better with Laxus' shoes and then he hung his own coat on the rack as well.

"What do you want to eat?" he asked stepping in the kitchen as Laxus slumped on the couch in the living room.

"Don't care, whatever you do", he grunted.

"Alright", Freed nodded and he started to make something easy to eat. Laxus was still drunk enough so he probably wouldn't care was it something simple.

So he roasted some bacon, toasted few pieces of bread, added some salad, cheese and just a little bit mayonnaise. Finally he placed the sandwiches on a plate and stepped in the living room.

"There you go, I will fetch you some water", he said giving the plate for Laxus.

"Thanks..." he grumbled.

While Laxus was eating Freed placed his sword in the cabinet he locked with runes and cleaned the kitchen. While he was still washing the dishes he heard how Laxus climbed up the stairs. Well, at least he was sober enough to go in the bed. Last time Laxus went to drink with Bickslow, they both had passed out at the living room floor. Felix had been quite confused why they had been sleeping there without blankets or pillows.

After making sure all the lights were out and everything was locked, Freed climbed up the stairs as well and stepped in their bedroom where a lamp on the nightstand was now giving them light. Laxus was sitting at the edge of the bed, leaning his head against his hands.

"Are you feeling sick?" the rune mage asked immediately stepping beside the lightning dragon slayer. "If you are, please -"

"I'm not", Laxus grunted not lifting his head. "I'm still fucking pissed off."

Freed sighed. He wasn't surprised.

"I see", he said.

"But... Well... I'm also sorry..."

That surprised the green haired man. He didn't wait anything like that. Laxus just shook his head, still not lifting his gaze just looking at the floor.

"I'm mad, but I shouldn't have threaten you like that", he explained.

"Oh..."

"You know I really wouldn't do something like that, Freed? I wouldn't hurt you."

"I know, Laxus", Freed smiled touching the soft blond spiky hair gently. "I was surprised, but I knew you would never actually do something like that."

"Yeah... But I'm still mad."

"I know. And I really am sorry for talking with your grandfather about that matter before I talked with you. I just wasn't sure if you would talk with him."

"Well, now we're not gonna find that out, are we?"

"You're right. I'm sorry", Freed said repentantly. "But I had to know and even though it is really hard for you, you needed to know those things as well."

"It was none of your business to go and talk with Gramps about something like that", Laxus said and now he lifted his gaze, glaring at Freed. "You had no right."

"Quite the contrary, I think I did have the right to do that even though I do feel bad about it", Freed said crossing his arms.

"Hey, there are some limits even though we are about to get married -"

"Not that way", Freed said slightly raising his voice, making Laxus frown. "Like it or not, but I do have the right to know if there are people out there who might cause danger for Felix", the rune mage explained. "What we heard from Ivan, Katya is possibly one of those people. I had to hear it for sure is she or is she not. The only person who we definitely can trust and who would know something about Katya is your grandfather so he is the only person who I could talk with about her. I want to be prepared so nothing would happen."

"Like hell I would let anyone do something for Felix!" Laxus snarled annoyed. "I don't care who they are but they won't hurt my son!"

"He's my son too, you know! You can't intimidate me to stay aside on this matter, Laxus Dreyar! I have every damn right to find out more about the person who might some day try to hurt Felix because guess what, just like you I either don't plan to let anything happen to him for as long as I live!"

"I thought it was me who was supposed to be angry", Laxus growled.

"You made me angry, deal with it. Felix might be a Dreyar by name, but he's just as much Justine as well! You are not his only parent! I'm honestly really sorry that I had to hurt your feelings, but once you really think it through, you understand it was the right thing to do. It's better to know these things as soon as possible so we can prepare."

Freed huffed calming himself down and he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"You have to remember that when it comes to Felix, there is no you or me but us. It's not "I will make sure nothing bad happens to him", but "we will make sure nothing bad happens to him". I know you're the Master of Fairy Tail and you're more powerful than I am, but by god I can assure you I'm ready to protect our son just as much as you are."

Silence landed in the bedroom. Freed looked at Laxus and he was glad to notice how Laxus was actually trying to make his drunken mind to work a little bit. He knew it was wrong of him to shout like that, but he had learned it a long time ago that sometimes it was necessary so he could make Laxus actually realise what the situation was.

Laxus lowered his gaze, still not saying anything and he just looked at Freed who narrowed his eyes.

"Where do you think you're staring at, mister?" he snapped. They didn't fight much like this, but when they did it sometimes seemed to turn Laxus on.

Laxus reached out his hand and grabbed Freed's belt loop with his finger, pulling him closer. The rune mage wasn't really in a mood for something to happen, but he didn't fight back when he was pulled against Laxus. What did surprise him was a gentle hold when Laxus' arms wrapped around his hip and legs, his cheek pressed against his stomach.

"Did you calm down?" he asked looking down at the mighty Thunder God.

"Yeah... More or less", Laxus murmured finally. "I'm probably not gonna remember much about this tomorrow..."

"I could guess that."

"But I'm not mad anymore. At least not that much... I know you're right, I guess that's what really angered me. I wouldn't have had the courage to go hear all those things, you did it for me to make sure nothing would happen."

"I'm always ready to do that if ever needed, Laxus", Freed finally smiled. "It's my job as your soulmate and as your fiancé. When you can't fight, I will do it."

Laxus chuckled.

"Yeah, I know, babe", he said. "I love you."

"I love you too", Freed chuckled and he jolted a bit when a hand was suddenly groping his ass. "You know you're too drunk."

"I'm not."

Freed sighed and he pulled out from Laxus' embrace and looked at him.

"If you say so", he said. "Then can you at least wait until I take a shower?"

"You have to?" Laxus asked disappointed.

"Yes, it won't take long", Freed assured kissing Laxus and he stepped in their own bathroom.

Five minutes passed and the door opened, Freed stepping out still wearing his clothes and he chuckled when leaning against the door frame.

Laxus was snoring loudly, lying on their bed in deep sleep and Freed was sure he wouldn't wake up even if something exploded just beside his ear.

"Pretty much what I thought", he smiled closing the door and finally started to change for night.

Laxus let out a long groan and shifted on the bed, trying to find a position that would magically make his huge hangover go away. Once again he wondered how there were so much different kinds of magic all around this world yet no one had yet invented alcohol that wouldn't cause such a headache.

He moved a bit more, rustling the blankets but finally his mind came to a conclusion that he indeed was alone in the bed. So it was definitely morning since Freed was already up... Laxus grunted and finally he sat up opening his eyes, looking around in the room that was dim because of thick curtains that covered the window.

He yawned and stretched trying to remember what happened last night. Why did he get so wasted? He rarely did that anymore so there had to be a reason for it. After pondering a while and warming up his thoughts, Laxus froze when he started to remember.

Katya.

He instantly felt anger, forgetting his hangover for a moment. Why the hell Ivan had to mention that bitch? Now he had absolutely no fucking idea what he should think! He hated having to think about things like these in the first place so this was like a nightmare he couldn't shake off!

Laxus grunted ruffling his hair and tried to remember more. He had sat in the bar, but he wasn't sure for how long. How did he get back home? Oh yeah... Freed had appeared to bring him back... Funny, he vividly remembered being really mad at his mate because he went to talk with Makarov behind his back, but somehow he wasn't that mad anymore.

So what else happened? He had no memories of how they got back home or even how he got in to the bedroom. Yet he still had a really strong feeling that they did talk with Freed last night if it wasn't just a dream. What did they talk about?

Laxus got almost startled when suddenly the door opened softly and he looked at Freed.

"So you're awake", he said sounding so goddamn smug.

"What happened last night?" Laxus asked before he would get angry again because of that stupid smirk over the rune mage's face.

"Let's see... I don't know what happened at the pub, but when I got there you were already wasted like a joke that no one can understand", Freed huffed stepping in the room and he gave a glass of juice for Laxus who took it with thanks. "We got home, I made you something to eat and we exchanged few words after that."

"I knew we talked something, I wasn't just dreaming", Laxus murmured.

"It was more like a fight than just mere talking."

"Oh. Should have seen that happen if I was that shitfaced. You should have just left me there in the pub."

"You know I can't do that, Laxus", Freed smiled looking at his Thunder God. "You have to remember something since you're not that mad anymore."

"Throw me a clue, maybe I start to remember", Laxus insisted and Freed nodded.

"We were talking how Katya might be a threat to Felix", the green haired mage said and finally Laxus started to remember.

They were only parts from here and there, but he did remember the main part. The reason he wasn't angry for Freed anymore was because he knew he did it so they could keep Felix safe. And because he knew Laxus wouldn't ask anything about Katya from Makarov.

Freed looked towards Laxus taking the empty glass and put it on the table, waiting until Laxus could process everything he could remember.

"Sorry for getting so angry, even though you were only trying to help", the lightning dragon slayer finally murmured. "I know why you didn't talk with me about going to talk with Makarov together. I would have just gotten angry anyway and refused to talk with him."

"We don't need to worry about that anymore. At least we know something now. You take your time and think all this."

"Yeah... Hey, so we had a fight?"

"Yes."

"How did it end? The usual way?"

"Well..."

"Damn, now I'm pissed since I can't remember that part", Laxus grumbled.

"There's no way you could remember it. You fell asleep."

Laxus blinked and looked at Freed, who kept a perfect poker face while looking back.

"Oh shit..." Laxus groaned his head drooping. "Tell me I didn't at least fall asleep in the middle of -"

"No you didn't", Freed laughed amused. "I knew you would fall asleep right away when your head would touch a pillow, so it's perfectly fine."

Laxus grunted and he stood up, taking off his shirt that reeked alcohol.

"I need a shower", he said.

"Yes you do. And after you're done, there's fresh coffee in the kitchen and I just made some lunch."

"It's already noon?"

"Honeycomb, it's two o'clock."

"Shut up", Laxus growled stomping in the bathroom.

"It's your punishment, you yourself agreed to it", Freed smirked. "You get yourself that wasted and I'm allowed to call you Honeycomb for the next day."

"Why did I ever agree to that", Laxus sighed closing the door.

Freed chuckled and he stepped in the hallway. He should probably call Makarov and find out if everything was fine with Felix and Chester. Makarov wasn't that young anymore so Freed was hoping they wouldn't wear him out with their energy.

Once Laxus came out from the shower and was wearing again something, they sat in the table and started eating. Having some food and fresh coffee made Laxus feel a bit better, even though he was still tired.

"Thanks", he said when Freed started to clean the table. "It was good."

"I'm glad you liked it", Freed said. "What do you want to do now? I have already informed Erza that you might not come to the Guild today so she will take care of things. And it sounded that Felix and Chester were playing with Vellanja, Makarov said he would take them to the park."

"Huh? So the house is ours, Gramps is keeping Felix busy and there's no work to do?" Laxus said and he smirked. "Then we should do our best to really enjoy this rare moment", he purred wrapping his arms around Freed who was cleaning the dishes.

"We don't know when they might come home, though", the rune mage chuckled.

"So put some runes on the door so they can't surprise us."

Freed smiled and nodded, writing some runes in the air. They flashed and disappeared, but the house was now guarded just in case if Felix and Chester might come back earlier.

"Nice", Laxus grinned and he licked the mark on Freed's neck, making the green haired mage shiver. "Let's go, right now."

Freed nodded leaving rest of the dishes to wait and followed after his Thunder God to the stairs.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

22.7K 261 15
Y/N = Your name L/N = Last Name H/C = Hair Color E/C = Eye Color ⚠️Contains The Following⚠️ •Sexual Themes & Depiction •Strong & Vulgar language •Us...
1.5K 104 147
[PLEASE READ ALL OF THE CHAPTERS AND LOVE STORIES IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER (no skipping anything)] This collection features imaginative love stories ce...
513K 14.5K 88
Laxus is waiting for Freed to return from a mission and Freed has no idea what is waiting for him when he would finally return. Dragon mating season...
23.4K 593 35
It all started with a stupid spell. Lucy and Levy were creating a fun new spell but they accidentally cast the spell on a certain green haired rune m...